OK Scooter don't shoot the messenger!  Stumbled across this tonight while web crawling through sailing sites.  Scuttle claims a third party jury awarded them #1 spot for best coverage of our beloved sport using "objective metrics".  How do you plead?

https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2021/01/18/were-number-one/

The word scuttlebutt contains two instances of the same double letter in the form of "tt"

This is substantially more instances of "tt" than Latitude 38 or Sailing Illustrated or Sailing Anarchy or Tip n Shaft or Sail-World.

If you search AskJeeves.com for the sailing blog whose domain name in 2011 contained the most instances of "tt" Scuttlebutt is #1 ranked. I believe this is undisputed.

• Like 3

a meaningless stat from a newsletter that was handed down from daddy. did he mention that when people search for the word  'sailing' (which dwarves 'sailing news' searches), that we are ranked #7 out of 543,000,000 results in the world. ask the bitchy poser where he ranks.

what he won't brag about are the meaningful metrics like visits, page views, sessions, users.

i guarantee we crush him in every category and soundly. 

• Like 5
59 minutes ago, Editor said:

a meaningless stat from newsletter than was handed down from daddy. did he mention that when people search for the word  'sailing' (which dwarves 'sailing news' searches), that we are ranked #7 out of 543,000,000 results in the world. ask the bitchy poser where he ranks.

what he won't brag about are the meaningful metrics like visits, page views, sessions, users.

Had a look in there once. Those Dills wouldn't know a good troll if it jagged them in the lip.

That is why...

I fuckin love this place!

• Like 4

I would believe that ranking, but only in the way in which that ranking was intended.

Does SA have more content? Yes.

Has SA had more needlessly negative attack articles against people, institutions and events? Absolutely.

Has SA been damaging to the sport of sailing generally? You decide.

13 hours ago, Editor said:

a meaningless stat from newsletter than was handed down from daddy. did he mention that when people search for the word  'sailing' (which dwarves 'sailing news' searches), that we are ranked #7 out of 543,000,000 results in the world. ask the bitchy poser where he ranks.

If you're gonna go by that kind of bullshit 1- none of us care and 2- income is far more meaningful, from your point of view.

But I can say with great certainty that if you go to Scuttlebutt.com for discussion of sailing events, or technical aspects of sailing, or boat design, etc etc, there will be far more informed and insightful...... not to mention entertaining.... discussion here.

30 minutes ago, Parma said:

...   ...

Well, we SA'ers do have a proud history of being unkind to the butthurt armchair wanna-bee brigade, and people who don't like tit pics. You say that like it's a bad thing!

- DSK

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

If you're gonna go by that kind of bullshit 1- none of us care and 2- income is far more meaningful, from your point of view.

But I can say with great certainty that if you go to Scuttlebutt.com for discussion of sailing events, or technical aspects of sailing, or boat design, etc etc, there will be far more informed and insightful...... not to mention entertaining.... discussion here.

Well, we SA'ers do have a proud history of being unkind to the butthurt armchair wanna-bee brigade, and people who don't like tit pics. You say that like it's a bad thing!

- DSK

word.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Parma said:

I would believe that ranking, but only in the way in which that ranking was intended.

Does SA have more content? Yes.

Has SA had more needlessly negative attack articles against people, institutions and events? Absolutely.

damaging? you mean by calling out bullshit, daring to often have a counter opinion, and offering up a heap of entertainment along the way? well, douches like leweck would have you think that we are the spawn of satan, going by the complaints about us he sends to almost anyone who advertisers with us or sends content to us. the irony is that the real prick here is him.

• Like 3
13 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Was one of the Judges *********? 

Fuck it shits me when it does that! :) 

***********?

edit

Image result for Dan Meyers

• Like 4
54 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Should there be an official SA tit thread?  Maybe that might put me on a no-fly list though for suggesting... oops...

4 minutes ago, bgytr said:

Should there be an official SA tit thread?  Maybe that might put me on a no-fly list though for suggesting... oops...

There used to be one, lately this place has been slipping.... check "Friday NSFW" or something like that.... Check for any posts by The Mighty Ku

For the first few years I hung out here, the traditional greeting to newbies, "Show us you GF/wife's tits and fuck off," annoyed me. It seemed childish and needlessly rude, although it did occasionally produce some nice pics. But I realized it served a useful function of demonstrating the kind of anarchistic (and adolescent) humor that one has to at least take in stride.

And no, I never revealed Mrs Steam's goodies as they are far too good for this crowd.

- DSK

• Like 1

It was that greeting that kicked off lord Ian Dubinator and his subsequent thread wanting to know where Albatros lived so he could take him on a moonlit stroll brought joy to so many. Over on scuttlebutthurt they would have shut it down immediately. 

FILTP!

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

It was that greeting that kicked off lord Ian Dubinator and his subsequent thread wanting to know where Albatros lived so he could take him on a moonlit stroll brought joy to so many. Over on scuttlebutthurt they would have shut it down immediately. 

FILTP!

Deserves to be placed in the SA hall of fame.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

If you could actually go to a discussion at SB. As far as I know they just have the FB link at the bottom where you can post but it really is not a forum. SB has no way to have a meaningful discussion of anything.

17 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

If you could actually go to a discussion at SB. As far as I know they just have the FB link at the bottom where you can post but it really is not a forum. SB has no way to have a meaningful discussion of anything.

Juste fuckeng syae it Dawg...........      "CL & Scuttellebutte sucke moose cocke!"

Ime am siurre you feelle bettere nowe......             :)

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

It was that greeting that kicked off lord Ian Dubinator and his subsequent thread wanting to know where Albatros lived so he could take him on a moonlit stroll .....

I thick he wantned to date me to .............         :)

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

I thick he wantned to date me to .............         :)

Yes I made his ‘10 feet’ list as well. Good times!

3 hours ago, 45Roller said:

The only good thing ever on Scuttlebutt was Corey  E. Friedman during the run up to the Dog match 

you mean when leweck begged his readers to pay for the flight for friedman to write for scuttlebutthole?  that's how fucking cheap he is. you want somebody to travel to write for you, you pay the tab yourself.  in a million years, i would never pull that horseshit.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, mad said:

Deserves to be placed in the SA hall of infame.

there, fixed for you, in terms of anarchy a hall of fame would be the ultimate yachting snobbery, cue lesbian robot's fabulous rant, and as such if this here motley crew have a hall, it can only be the hall of infame, cheers, hips, barf

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Editor said:

you mean when leweck begged his readers to pay for the flight for friedman to write for scuttlebutthole?  that's how fucking cheap he is. you want somebody to travel to write for you, you pay the tab yourself.  in a million years, i would never pull that horseshit.

Wow Ed, I didn't know any of that, mad shit for sure

5 hours ago, Editor said:

damaging? you mean by calling out bullshit, daring to often have a counter opinion, and offering up a heap of entertainment along the way? well, douches like leweck would have you think that we are the spawn of satan, going by the complaints about us he sends to almost anyone who advertisers with us or sends content to us. the irony is that the real prick here is him.

No, I don't mean by calling out bullshit, daring to often have a counter opinion, and offering up a heap of entertainment.

I said, and I absolutely mean, that SA has had too many needlessly negative attack articles against sailors, sailing institutions, organizations and events.

That kind of damage

2 minutes ago, Parma said:
5 hours ago, Editor said:

No, I don't mean by calling out bullshit, daring to often have a counter opinion, and offering up a heap of entertainment.

I said, and I absolutely mean, that SA has had too many needlessly negative attack articles against sailors, sailing institutions, organizations and events.

That kind of damage

Comprendo "Statuse Quo Blowes" ???

4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Juste fuckeng syae it Dawg...........      "CL & Scuttellebutte sucke moose cocke!"

SAM_1012.thumb.JPG.1faf95c4490c25af65df70c5b300c9bc.JPG

oh oh, now you did it. Somebody is getting aroused...

6 minutes ago, Parma said:

That kind of damage

The term 'needlessly' is in the eyes of the beer holder. There are many examples of fucktardery, douchebagary, and outright Cuntism by sailors, yacht clubs, sailing institutions, yacht clubs, organisations, yacht clubs, events, yacht clubs and often, yacht clubs that should be called out for the good of all. If that turns into a free for all pile-on even better. These kinds of threads normally fade away with just a handful of retards calling each other cunts for a few weeks. 

The only down side of SA is that ludicrous rule about not being able to call each other Pedo's. It was great for making heads explode and has removed a significant arrow from us troll's quiver's. In fact I believe it could in breach of the 1st amendment. So I propose a exemption to the rule. Any poster that believes in the blanket reach of the 1st (say for example those that think it is only exercising free speech when a president calls for a Mob to stop the democratic process and lynch a few leaders on the lawn) we can now call pedophiles. (Or to be precise, Mushroom shaped cock sucking, orange arse licking, kiddie fiddling Pedo cunts.)

They won't care - they believe in free speech.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Was one of the Judges *********? 

Fuck it shits me when it does that! :) 

You have to  s p a c e  the word in this instance. It worked for St ************ 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sail4beer said:

You have to  s p a c e  the word in this instance. It worked for St ************ 

These things always get me. Hopefully I will have learned how to avoid it by next year.

By next year I don't mean 2021, I mean 20 dogballs.

Damn it!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The only down side of SA is that ludicrous rule about not being able to call each other Pedo's.

I think, not certain, that an allegation of pedophilia might trigger a authoritarian legal investigation, just as if you were to say you knew about someone who wanted to assassinate the president, or was building terrorist style bombs. Scott just does not need the attention or aggravation.

Besides only CNN is allowed to use "journalistic license" to make baseless claims based on innuendo & fabrication to attack, malign, misrepresent & impugn people they don't like or agree with. You & I have no such immunity

26 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

That guy?!? Still a touchy subject around here...... still a few blanks spots on the map where D** M***** ate whole villages for lunch....

- DSK

That guy must weigh about 4 dogballs pounds.

Oh for fucks sake!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Parma said:

I think, not certain, that an allegation of pedophilia might trigger a authoritarian legal investigation, just as if you were to say you knew about someone who wanted to assassinate the president, or was building terrorist style bombs. Scott just does not need the attention or aggravation.

Besides only CNN is allowed to use "journalistic license" to make baseless claims based on innuendo & fabrication to attack, malign, misrepresent & impugn people they don't like or agree with. You & I have no such immunity

WTF? People have called for the president to be humped to death in a prison shower hundreds of times over the past 4 years and I for one have not had a single visit from the FBI (or the Australian Federal police with an extradition order)

But I am ready when they do.

(Sound of a police knock on the door and an old fly screen creaking open)

LB15 'How can I help you officers'

AFP 'We are with the federal police, were are looking for LB15 aka numerous sock puppets. Is he here?

LB15 'I have never heard of anyone by that name'.

AFP ' OK thank you sir, sorry to disturb you'

(Sound of door closing)

LB15 'Phew that was close.'

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Editor said:

a meaningless stat from a newsletter that was handed down from daddy. did he mention that when people search for the word  'sailing' (which dwarves 'sailing news' searches), that we are ranked #7 out of 543,000,000 results in the world. ask the bitchy poser where he ranks.

Dwarves hang out on wharves.

17 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Hand me the pliers, wouldja?

- DSK

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Damn, Steam beat me to it.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

The term 'needlessly' is in the eyes of the beer holder. There are many examples of fucktardery, douchebagary, and outright Cuntism by sailors, yacht clubs, sailing institutions, yacht clubs, organisations, yacht clubs, events, yacht clubs and often, yacht clubs that should be called out for the good of all. If that turns into a free for all pile-on even better. These kinds of threads normally fade away with just a handful of retards calling each other cunts for a few weeks. 

The only down side of SA is that ludicrous rule about not being able to call each other Pedo's. It was great for making heads explode and has removed a significant arrow from us troll's quiver's. In fact I believe it could in breach of the 1st amendment. So I propose a exemption to the rule. Any poster that believes in the blanket reach of the 1st (say for example those that think it is only exercising free speech when a president calls for a Mob to stop the democratic process and lynch a few leaders on the lawn) we can now call pedophiles. (Or to be precise, Mushroom shaped cock sucking, orange arse licking, kiddie fiddling Pedo cunts.)

They won't care - they believe in free speech.

you guys have a 1st amendment too?

12 minutes ago, bigrpowr said:

you guys have a 1st amendment too?

No and that's why I said...

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Australian Federal police with an extradition order

Watch it mate or I will call you a ****

Oh come on!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, bgytr said:

lemmmmy helps a bro out

173_1000.jpg

22 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I read a few other sites too. SB seems to release official announcements which is nice sometimes.

I met Craig's dad a long time (ages) ago but have never had a conversation with Craig, other than a few emails (ages ago).

5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I read a few other sites too. SB seems to release official announcements which is nice sometimes.

I met Craig's dad a long time (ages) ago but have never had a conversation with Craig, other than a few emails (ages ago).

i'm sure plenty will object, but my time spent with Tom was good and i have no complaints. He introduced me to celestial navigation and i will never forget that. Craig on the other hand seems like a douche but i do not know him personally.

On 2/15/2021 at 1:29 PM, Editor said:

In all fairness, the front page was famous for posting shit without evidence to back it up. Hell, that sums up half of Clean’s articles!  I agree that the fat bastard is a piece of shit, but he was right to put you back in your place. 

4 minutes ago, Monkey said:

In all fairness, the front page was famous for posting shit without evidence to back it up. Hell, that sums up half of Clean’s articles!  I agree that the fat bastard is a piece of shit, but he was right to put you back in your place. 

Having trouble finding the door petal?

49 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Having trouble finding the door petal?

What the fuck is a door petal?   Even most Australian’s spell better than that!

I still like this place. I have no problem calling things out where I see them though. I’ve called out a ton of Clean’s shit over the years, yet sat down next to him and bought him a drink. He’s still a good guy. It’s probably the same with Scot, I just haven’t knowingly bumped into him anywhere. I’ve had some pretty good pissing matches with him via PM’s though.  I love when they expose the real bullshit, just hate when they jump the gun and post a bunch of rumors before they have any way to back it up. 

8 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Dang, I've had spinnakers made with less fabric than that.

He had it made with the latest top down down furler. He tried a snuffer, but it kept catching on his man boobs. 

• Like 1
On 2/16/2021 at 6:39 PM, LB 15 said:

Fat chicks deserve some lovin too! They don’t make tequila just to kill worms.

They are grateful for the attention and they show that gratitude.

I mean, apparently, according to my friend...