AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Disgraceful that they held onto this information like this.

Should have given businesses and people as much notice as possible.

Shocking how little this government understands or gives a fuck about businesses.

It's all about PR. They have to announce from the podium of truth so we will know they are doing us a favour.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Shocking how little this government understands or gives a fuck about businesses.

Ardern isn't on SA, but she's definitely a cunt.

I would like to thank Grant Dalton for suggesting to Ardern last night that if level 1 is not immediately implemented that Team NZ will take the Cup elsewhere next time!

7 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I mentioned this above mate! I can definitly understand peoples frustration. They knew the Alert Level Change last Night! They really botched this up IMO!

5 minutes ago, Nutta said:

Ardern isn't on SA, but she's definitely a cunt.

They knew this last Night!!!! and didn't say anything! What a stunt by her!

Just now, dg_sailingfan said:

They knew this last Night!!!! and didn't say anything! What a stunt by her!

A cunning stunt?

They were waiting for this morning's tests before confirming, why is that so hard to understand?

And why is it the cue to repeat the stupidly juvenile Jacinda insults?

• Like 12
1 minute ago, Nutta said:

A cunning stunt?

Well, they could have moved Auckland out of Level 2 into Level 1 at 06.00am this Morning. This would have Businesses, the AC the Opportunity to get everything in order.

4 minutes ago, weta27 said:

They were waiting for this morning's tests before confirming, why is that so hard to understand?

well said weta27-

People in NZ are blessed that they don't wear masks everyday------ all this man-up insults complaining jibber jabber is why the world has so many problems.

• Like 6
9 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Because rightwing douchebags be rightwing douchebags.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, weta27 said:

On point 1: Because they're so blinded by 'JaCiNdA bAd' that they refuse to let anything else in their brain

On point 2; Because thats all they have. 

• Like 1

This must be the customized forecast specially for the Race Director. You will not find anything more reliable. (Thanks Barny).

It's still a forecast, it could be 5kt or 10kt, it's gone be fun! 

159719255_2947600532185065_1676994582369413980_o.jpg

3 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

This must be the customized forecast specially for the Race Director. You will not find anything more reliable. (Thanks Barny).

It's still a forecast, it could be 5kt or 10kt, it's gone be fun! 

159719255_2947600532185065_1676994582369413980_o.jpg

Race Director couldn't release a notice that had winds below the race requirements.

Everything pointing towards a suntan season for LR and TNZ out on the Gulf today.

44 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Your last sentence pretty much sums up life over in Oz as well. 

10 minutes ago, TimmyHate said:

On point 1: Because they're so blinded by 'JaCiNdA bAd' that they refuse to let anything else in their brain

On point 2; Because thats all they have. 

Let's get something straight:
Australia has done a much, much better Job with "Clusters". Melbourne & State of Victoria had a Snap Lockdown for 5 Days during the Australian Open and after that it was "Life back to normal". NSW where Sydney is who has a much bigger Population recorded their 53rd Day in a row without a Community Case yesterday (Don't know about todays Numbers though)

Little Jacinda keeps telling everybody that NZ is the best of the best for containing the virus and that isn't true at all.

• Like 5
56 minutes ago, weta27 said:

From my perspective Madame Ardern seems to be doing a good job, France has 85,000+ dead, 2 national lock downs, going on 3 month 6 to 6 curfew, slow vaccine program, border closures and likely another national lockdown ahead. 

First ClasseMini Regatta already cancelled, more to come.

NZ is having the Cup likely the only country on the planet that could. Bravo to Madame!

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Yes, but because of the FCS battery restrictions, you can paddle only so many times.. 

hmmm I did wonder if ineos was having so many problems with the FCS because they were trying to Jack themselves up from displacement.

1 hour ago, jaysper said:

They did not know, they were waiting for final results.  They told us as soon as they could and made it change as quickly as they could.

Keep stirring your mis information.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Jean-Baptiste said:

From my perspective Madame Ardern seems to be doing a good job, France has 85,000+ dead, 2 national lock downs, going on 3 month 6 to 6 curfew, slow vaccine program, border closures and likely another national lockdown ahead. 

First ClasseMini Regatta already cancelled, more to come.

NZ is having the Cup likely the only country on the planet that could. Bravo to Madame!

Very well said. Australia and New Zealand are living in our own bubbles, while the rest of the World is doing it hard. We are lucky.

Stay safe, I've ordered my new boat from Pogo Structures so I'm hoping to visit France prior to completion.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Nutta said:

The Pestilence Fairy needs to continue her carefully prepared briefings, otherwise there's danger that she may have to perform in an unscripted and non-stage managed environment...

Amen she shall now be known as PF

34 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

........ Jacinda keeps telling everybody that NZ is the best of the best for containing the virus and that isn't true at all.

BS        Link?

• Like 1

I hope it's no racing today be much better in level 1 and on a Saturday will be packed out. :D

47 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Little Jacinda keeps telling everybody that NZ is the best of the best for containing the virus and that isn't true at all.

Why is this an issue for you, I’m just glad both countries are doing well. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

They did not know, they were waiting for final results.  They told us as soon as they could and made it change as quickly as they could.

Keep stirring your mis information.

You CANNOT possibly believe that this news of a downgrade of the level came available to the PM just as she was due to go live to air, you CANNOT. Nobody is THAT gullible.

They will have known at least 3 or 4 hours before would would have been golden in allowing businesses to alert their staff in time for opening as soon after midday as possible.

They are happy to use the emergency comms system when it suits them, but not when it would mean missing an opportunity to bask in the media.

Having as much self belief in ANY government like you do is just bizarre, let alone THIS government.

• Like 5
27 minutes ago, NZL4EVER said:

I hope it's no racing today be much better in level 1 and on a Saturday will be packed out. :D

You are in Level 1 right now!

Meanwhile looking at this Vid from NIWA there is almost 10 Knots at 17.15 on Course C and about 6-8 Knots at 16.15!

5 minutes ago, jaysper said:

You CANNOT possibly believe that this news of a downgrade of the level came available to the PM just as she was due to go live to air, you CANNOT. Nobody is THAT gullible.

They will have known at least 3 or 4 hours before would would have been golden in allowing businesses to alert their staff in time for opening as soon after midday as possible.

They are happy to use the emergency comms system when it suits them, but not when it would mean missing an opportunity to bask in the media.

Having as much self belief in ANY government like you do is just bizarre, let alone THIS government.

The Cabinet Decision to move Auckland into Alert Level 1 was made last Night at the Cabinet Level Meeting!

This + 1000

7 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

You are in Level 1 right now!

Meanwhile looking at this Vid from NIWA there is almost 10 Knots at 17.15 on Course C and about 6-8 Knots at 16.15!

Roll on Saturday will be napping while everyone is hurry up and waiting. 

Come on you lot, admit it, you are just looking for any opportunity to attack Jacinda.

What makes me angry about people turning this into a left-right debate is that it feeds straight in to the anti-vax and anti-government control bullshit.

The Right bang on about law and order and yet if there's one thing they hate, it's being told what to do by the Left.

Or by a woman.

• Like 11
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, NZL4EVER said:

Roll on Saturday will be napping while everyone is hurry up and waiting. 

Saturday looks even worse for Sailing if you believe that Vid from NIWA!

I'm sorry, are you guys thinking the gov't of a nation takes into account a boat race when setting national policy?

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Come on you lot, admit it, you are just looking for any opportunity to attack Jacinda.

What makes me angry about people turning this into a left-right debate is that it feeds straight in to the anti-vax and anti-government control bullshit.

The Right bang on about law and order and yet if there's one thing they hate, it's being told what to do by the Left.

Or by a woman.

What a load of shit!! An opportunity to attack Jacinda, FUCK ME, you could find one every single day. Its not a left v right argument its about holding a government to account of their BS promises and constant control freak way of locking down 1.3 million people! Housing, Homeless, Poverty, Transtasman Bubble, Ihumatao, Podium of truth.....You're deluded if you think its because Ardern is a woman as well, grow up! 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Or by a woman.

Weta I respect your work, but you cannot equate anti government means anti vax.   In other counties maybe but not NZ 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Barnyb said:

Anyone want to take bets on racing?

I say no!

Are you willing to beat a picture of your wife’s tits if you lose. 

2 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Apart from Weta declaring war on any one with a right wing view, is there anyone on the water getting an idea of wind speed 

30+, from the right? 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Barnyb said:

Anyone want to take bets on racing?

I say no!

If Iain Murray stands by Course E yes I agree with you. If he moves to Course C we might have at least a chance getting 1 Race started!

12 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I'm sorry, are you guys thinking the gov't of a nation takes into account a boat race when setting national policy?

Fuck yeah - it’s the America’s cup

A breeze is stirring here, and convection cloud forming over land to the north.

My point is, criticism of the government trying to do it's job vs COVID has become political, and that runs the risk of undermining public confidence in the government and the system. We need a majority to be on the same page or the system will not work.

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, jaysper said:

........Having as much self belief in ANY government like you do is just bizarre, let alone THIS government.

Just prove to me they knew the results of this mornings tests necessary to complete the 14 days necessary to be sure of the containment last night and I will agree with you until then, you tall grap!

53 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

The Cabinet Decision to move Auckland into Alert Level 1 was made last Night at the Cabinet Level Meeting!

This + 1000

It was not made last night look it up.

It was made subject to getting clear results this morning?

Do you believe the tooth fairy still?

• Like 1

It's fucking light out here. 

Ian's balls are on the line. 

If you're on a gin palace out here, slow the fuck down or I'll throw my shit at you. Fucking idiots cunts. 

1 minute ago, Kiwing said:

It was not made last night look it up.

It was made subject to getting clear results this morning?

Do you believe the tooth fairy still?

And every other day by 6am the results are know....either way you look at the decision, it was grandstanding to the highest....they could have issued a press release at 8am...but no, we needed to hear it directly....because we need the "sustained propaganda" from our PM.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, **ONTOIT** said:

And every other day by 6am the results are know....either way you look at the decision, it was grandstanding to the highest....they could have issued a press release at 8am...but no, we needed to hear it directly....because we need the "sustained propaganda" from our PM.

Pollies are doing this everywhere. In Oz - federally, and the state premiers have used this technique ad nauseum from the beginning of the COVID experience. This mostly re-enforces their standing to the masses, that 'they are in control and doing the right thing' - ie, "vote for us next time because we kept you safe". It has worked! Queensland's premier was returned with an increased majority in a recent election, and the WA Premier is about to wipe out all challengers due to his stance in the last 12 months, locking up WA to keep the 'pox-filled' easteners out. The masses have lapped this shit up, but the cost to local economies, tourism especially, has been untold - and those poor fuckers have been thrown onto the scrap heap so that the politicians can maintain their power. Sad - and very fucked up. Now, back to sailing. Hope they get a race in. Will be fascinating to see how both boats go at the bottom end of the range. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

Hopefully the breeze stays away until tomorrow. The wife wasnt having a bar of potential cancellation of our plans this avo lol

With all the good reputation you give to ETNZ I don't understand how they did not give you a place on a boat against your silence on the forum.

12 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Gusting to 1/2 knot!    (half or 0.5 a knot)

Same on the west coast of the Coromandel Peninsula.  Clouds hardly moving from the n-e.

3 minutes ago, Dead air said:

Assuming they do get a start away whats the race time limit? 45 mins?

The boats must reach the first mark inside 12 minutes.  If they manage to do that, the race must be completed within 45 minutes or it will be called off.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

With all the good reputation you give to ETNZ I don't understand how they did not give you a place on a boat against your silence on the forum.

I got one on a supplier boat through work. Unfortunately that was for the 6th of March. When that cancelled so did my plans. Unfortunately I was back at work on the 10th so had to decline.

Ill settle for ETNZ giving the Italians a good thrashing and you continuIng to be wrong about pretty much everything.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

It's fucking light out here. 

Ian's balls are on the line. 

If you're on a gin palace out here, slow the fuck down or I'll throw my shit at you. Fucking idiots cunts. 

you would say some dumb shit like that. still waiting on the wife's tennis balls tucked in kneee high socks. do share.

3 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Interesting Selection. Course E is more suited for Southerly breezes while Course A is more for Notheasterly.

I really think they need to set up the other course too so that they can switch if the chosen course is without wind and the other one is with. But I guess I don't know how long that would take and I don't actually have to do it, so...