AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

2 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

If we don't get a Race off on Course E I personally blame Ardern for that and others will as well, trust me.

Oh gawd you haven't changed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, 1eyedkiwi said:

Yeah I found that frustrating on Wednesday too - they didn't even mention wind strength before the start of race 1.

20 minutes in.....no wonder people tune into YOU TUBE or FACEBOOK coverage......No idea!

I’m seeing a lot of Covid chatter, is there racing today or what ?

At what wind speed do they get glued to the water or at what windspeed do they need to get up without a tow ?

3 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

If the Italians are broken we definitely want racing........

I suggest a late unilateral rule change to allow racing under 6.5knots and how ever long it takes... just for today

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AKL wino said:

Still parked up with shore crew on board - or displacement sailing?

Parked up with shore crew on board

1 minute ago, **ONTOIT** said:

Currently 7 knts.....havent seen any 9 minute rolling charts, probably wont see anything until 4pm....but looks promising!

2 minutes ago, Flags said:

Obs

image.thumb.png.90da4379a917a6586a494f605d169bb0.png

• Like 1

Fuck TVNZ are dickheads...playing some marine video of Young Ocean Explorers....no offence to them, but really....how is that related to Americas Cup apart from being related to water!

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Does the 15 minute tehnical delay card still exist?

Yes, it does! And I expect LR to use it to get their Boat fixed!

1 minute ago, **ONTOIT** said:

Fuck TVNZ are dickheads...playing some marine video of Young Ocean Explorers....no offence to them, but really....how is that related to Americas Cup apart from being related to water!

Yeah true, they have a load of filler alright, not sure why they need an hour for the pre race show :rolleyes:

Looks like I’m going to work then. 

1 minute ago, Enzedel92 said:

This NZ prerace show is horrible.

On TVNZ?? Yeah fucking terrible....they have cameras out on the water, but aren't showing SHIT, and shoing fluff pieces instead...get the fucking cameras close to LR so we can see whats going on!!!!

• Like 1
Just now, **ONTOIT** said:

On TVNZ?? Yeah fucking terrible....they have cameras out on the water, but aren't showing SHIT, and shoing fluff pieces instead...get the fucking cameras close to LR so we can see whats going on!!!!

Yes.  This coverage (or lack thereof) is absurd

• Like 1
Just now, Enzedel92 said:

Arent the choppers flying?

Choppers are part of the official coverage which doesnt start until 4pm! Chopper showing pictures of.....the Sky Tower!

Just now, Piet56 said:

Do the handbags have a get out of jail card or is it "Fix it or fuck off"?????

FIOFO......Fix It Or Fuck Off

• Like 1

This situation is causing cognitive dissonance?

One part of me is saying win at all costs....it’s the America’s cup

Another part of me is don’t you want to win by being better, not because they are broken down 

18 hours ago, Thewas said:

I'm pretty sure in few years we're gettin there just by materials flexibility (some kind of aero brake that push open the trailing edge over a certain speed). 
But don't you still going to need ventilation? (asking from my impressive photographer scientific background :D)

Yes you're right!  The cavitation bubble needs to be ventilated to increase the pressure there, otherwise the extremely low pressure causes too much drag.

3 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Another part of me is don’t you want to win by being better, not because they are broken down 

No such conflict with me.....crush the bastards, I don't care how. The Italians have had the temerity to win a race...How fucking dare they........

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mako23 said:

This situation is causing cognitive dissonance?

A wins a win. The situation could well be reversed in a day or two

1 minute ago, Regular Swimmer said:

I'm reminded of my on again, off again relationship with Italian cars... :o

I still carry the scar's of being an Alpha owner - I'm still in therapy!!!!!

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Regular Swimmer said:

I'm reminded of my on again, off again relationship with Italian cars

Could be worse, you could be into British cars......

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

No such conflict with me.....crush the bastards, I don't care how. The Italians have had the temerity to win a race...How fucking dare they........

+1

2 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

I still carry the scar's of being an Alpha owner - I'm still in therapy!!!!!

Kid 2 houses from me (he is in his 40s) has a Ferrari and an Alfa

1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

They're OK once you get rid of the LUCAS electrics..... ask me how I know!:ph34r:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

British cars were like Italian cars except for speed, excitement and pride of ownership. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

I think Max mentioned some ideas like allowing them to change the sail plan more (smaller mast for high winds) and some modifications to the foil/rudder rules.  He thought a next generation would be capable of 60 knots...

Thanks. A shorter mast option sounds useful. I wonder just what Max was thinking about, re foils and rudder... super-cavitation maybe? Likely to be necessary to hit 60 knots I think.

We can get off this fucking muppets from TVNZ and onto shots from the water....terrible and embarrassing coverage from TVNZ!!!!

• Like 1
Just now, jerseyguy said:

Kid 2 houses from me (he is in his 40s) has a Ferrari and an Alpha

Quick... get an intervention on his arse...... he may have access to an Assault weapon.....

7 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

I am just praying that a race does NOT get started in a falling-off breeze.  

AC75’s are awesome foilers but terrible floaters! 

they are still faster than a 12

3 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

They're OK once you get rid of the LUCAS electrics..... ask me how I know!:ph34r:

I've had a couple Triumphs and a Rover back in the day. If you don't mind being under the bonnet all the time they're okay.