AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

12 minutes ago, toad said:

they are still faster than a 12

In sub foiling conditions. You sure about that? In one of the RR races they were barely making progress downwind.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, kdock44 said:

if it's anything like the end of lockdown here people are probably drinking pretty heavily

Fun fact..NZ is officially short of champagne and many spirits....Since covid we have raised the bar on home orders and bars when allowed.... haha (True story)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Postponed due to spectator boats

Haven't they imposed a whopping big fine to handle these clowns?

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

Geo blocked in Oz.....I always select NZ on my VPN.

NZ blocked via VPN - I use UK (London server).

A while ago, I tried NZ, but it put me in AUS, so I was blocked. I have been in SUI since then.

I don't think anyone is fucked. It's just a case where the left start is favored enough to determine the results, so far.

The main difference is the side of the start. It's the only thing that has indicated any advantage so far in the match.

• Like 1
Just now, jaysper said:

Well regardless of who wins this, they will do so deservedly.

Agreed. Overall, couldn’t have asked for better conditions to test the match. 

2 minutes ago, nroose said:

The main difference is the side of the start. It's the only thing that has indicated any advantage so far in the match.

So you still think they are even upwind and tacking? 

1 minute ago, junkie said:

The differences are so tiny. But measurable. 

When one boat is ahead in these conditions on these courses, when the boats are pretty even in speed, the boat ahead has a distinct advantage. And that is showing. The nature of the small start area and the short start time gives the advantage to the left starter. Boat speeds are just because of that tactical advantage.

Just now, JALhazmat said:

So you still think they are even upwind and tacking? 

Yes. In these conditions, the boat ahead has a distinct advantage and will leg out every time.

So..... Kiwi's can't point as well as LR

Similar speed down wind

These boats you HAVE to win the starts..... No passing lanes out the back courses.......... shit just got real for the Kiwi's

• Like 1

It's kinda like an even match in tennis. The server has a distinct advantage. One boat will have to break serve.

I don't think we know who has the speed edge upwind. We do know that the leader has an advantage upwind.

Just now, toad said:

tnz is looking like DOG TUCKER

I hate to say it but it's more like a grader in these conditions......

Where's Mainsheet girl's naked Pic's when we need them????

2 minutes ago, richiec said:

how about some garlic bread with your lamb chops bros?

It’s a fucking pizza party today. 

2 minutes ago, richiec said:

Dalton must be about to pop a valve. 

The de-brief is not going to be pretty thats for sure..... anyone remember Dalt's during the MERIT build up? I still have teeth marks from his "Leadership"....