AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, richiec said:

I mean come on guys. Who wouldn't want to go to an AC in Sardinia? The Italians will put on the GREATEST AC in history. 

Sooner see it in Cork or Kiel..... REAL BEER!

3 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Even if we get the lead off the start, we're going to struggle to keep them behind in these conditions.

I don't think so. LR gained on 2 downwind legs. Being a head upwind is a big advantage.

2 minutes ago, nroose said:

I don't think so. LR gained on 2 downwind legs. Being a head upwind is a big advantage.

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts. A tacking duel could be deadly for TR.

53 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

ROTFLMAO..... That would be right mate....

While we await the weeping and gnashing of teeth, recriminations, guilt, etc. from the first race  I must add to the Italian car discussion.  The neighbor “kid” is so hooked on Italian cars that he even named his dog “Enzo.”

• Like 3

They caned us in the light.  They outsailed us and we don't have a faster boat.  The weather forecast is like this for the next 4 days.  This is a seriously bad position to be in 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

I hope you're right, but I have my doubts. A tacking duel could be deadly for TR.

They've not been close enough for an effective tacking duel.

• Like 1

upwind speed and angle out of tacks... yikes this windspeed looks good for the hand bags. be interesting to see how it goes if the kiwis clearly win the start, that will make for a great race.

Just now, jerseyguy said:

While we await the weeping and gnashing of teeth, recriminations, guilt, etc. from the first race  I must add to the Italian car discussion.  The neighbor “kid” is so hooked on Italian cars that he even named his dog “Enzo.”

Yeah - that would be an apt name for a Dog...... Like the Alfa - I had a 308 GTB for 5 months..... that frikkin car was more expensive than my divorce - that's when I went German

PFM 24.09 Barbagallo.bmp

1 minute ago, aucklander said:

They caned us in the light.  They outsailed us and we don't have a faster boat.  The weather forecast is like this for the next 4 days.  This is a seriously bad position to be in 

aint looking any better anytime soon

mslp.png

today.png

1 minute ago, Bill E Goat said:

And women 

An Irish "Colleen" or a German Frauline fur mich bitte..... The peaches & Cream of the James Joyce dreams..... except their all bloody Gingers...... LOL

1 minute ago, zillafreak said:

Is there an online translator from PB kiwi to actual English?

You lot don’t speak English at all......it’s an abhorrent version of English with exaggeration of letter R to the max

1 minute ago, JALhazmat said:

Alinghi might not be spending he quite as much next time around after all.? Too soon? 

Let you know in 1 hour......

5 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Yeah - that would be an apt name for a Dog...... Like the Alfa - I had a 308 GTB for 5 months..... that frikkin car was more expensive than my divorce - that's when I went German

PFM 24.09 Barbagallo.bmp 841.55 kB · 2 downloads

Very nice. Over 40 years we had 5 Porsches and 4 Audis.  

Hard to say for sure but in stern shots it looks like LR have a deeper camber.

Although I tipped NZ to win the AC, I put some dollars on LR, because at $3.50 I felt it was well under priced.

Still hope it's 7-6... to NZ though. :)

Just now, Jean-Baptiste said:

NZ sails 1500m further, never going too win doing that.

When your behind you spilt and take risks to catch up as there are no passing lanes

1 minute ago, terrafirma said:

When your behind you spilt and take risks to catch up as there are no passing lanes

That is not why the sailed 1,500 m more.  NZ sailed low mode vs LR sailed more high mode.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Alinghi might not be spending he quite as much next time around after all.? Too soon? 

Far too soon. But check in again tomorrow. ;-)

Just now, zillafreak said:

PB "Yeah I was happy with that performance" Uh what?

looked to be feeling the pressure.  a little different at home compared to last time

1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

Burling a bit shell shocked.......

He looks fucking scared. Nice to see our arrogant Kiwi friends like this. This will be an interesting series.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Import it from France mate...... cannot stand Asti Spumante..... :ph34r:

And it’s the only wine made in Italy. Tragic.

13 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Time to ask? 
Where abouts in Italy is the next AC to be held?

Early days LOL..! And that hasn't been established. Don't mozz them..

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Zonker said:

LR is looking very good in these conditions. One shot they were sailing 5 degrees higher upwind it looked like

PB addressed that post-race. They tried something different there .... guess it didn't work

ETNZ Crew having a serious chat at the back of the boat. Pete controlled the start but Jimmy went up this time and used the boats high mode and the rest is history

1 minute ago, RobG said:

Wonder if the Kiwis are thinking "wouldn't it be good to be able to swap to some light air foils about now…".

I think they need Slingsby's dirt bike.

6 minutes ago, Jean-Baptiste said:

NZ sails 1500m further, never going too win doing that.

This is pretty normal for the trailing boat. I guess the next race will be very informative.

My concern for entz is that LR didn't have to do anything wildly high risk or seemingly difficult. In these conditions their high mode is excellent. Be interesting to see if they can use their high mode from behind this time i.e. In less wimd, can they come from behind after a less than even start. . They couldn't in race one(wednesday)....but that was sailed in more wind.

Just now, terrafirma said:

ETNZ Crew having a serious chat at the back of the boat. Pete controlled the start but Jimmy went up this time and used the boats high mode and the rest is history

Pete did not control that start.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, JJD said:

Bolt ons. 

nothing wrong with that, but proving they belong to his lady may be a bit tougher. if they are, well done mate!

16 minutes ago, sfigone said:

Maybe ACE will suggest a delay in racing until L2 again because the spectators are getting in the way?

:lol: Tina will be throwing abuse for Prada thinking of the spectators.

1 minute ago, Chris UK said:

My concern for entz is that LR didn't have to do anything wildly high risk or seemingly difficult. In these conditions their high mode is excellent. Be interesting to see if they can use their high mode from behind this time i.e. In less wimd, can they come from behind after a less than even start. . They couldn't in race one(wednesday)....but that was sailed in more wind.

Seems like this, but really, it's the left start.

Does anyone know who wins if the left start wins all the races? I think it's NZ.