AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Piet56 said:

I have the words of Dalton ringing through my head..... "DON't Fuck this up"!

No snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Like 1

Outide of JS not getting the start & the FCS issue on leg 3 tack..... they haven't done bad but 550m lead??? did the Kiwi's get caught up with the wrong sail plan race 1???

1 minute ago, Piet56 said:

Outide of JS not getting the start & the FCS issue on leg 3 tack..... they haven't done bad but 550m lead??? did the Kiwi's get caught up with the wrong sail plan race 1???

Def changed jibs hey

14 minutes ago, Chris UK said:

Foul cunt system!

Ardern doesn't foil?

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Is it ok if I am confused now?

That’s exactly how I feel.......

First race looked like Italy was faster

2nd race the opposite 

what is going on here ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

So now its like the Americas Cups of old... first to 5 wins.

Without the 2 hour time limit :D

5 minutes ago, mako23 said:

That’s exactly how I feel.......

First race looked like Italy was faster

2nd race the opposite 

what is going on here ?

I think ETNZ flux capacitor only works some of the time?

• Like 1

Impressive TNZ in light winds. Congratulations to the Kiwis for race 2

Game on. 2 - 2

Who thought this was a one sided AC was clearly wrong

• Like 3

OK - my takes from the day

• Kiwi's not into multi-tacks in light airs
  • Left side pay's
  • Wind Shadow's on these boats is frikkin huge!
  • Ability to pick the shift's at the kiwi's pace is key (Duh).....

2 all - how would we have picked that?

• Downvote 2

My takes, probably already above from several smarter, faster members (I'm a few Wakachangis in.

There is a pattern
Port Entry, wins the start, and wins the race.
If that tit-for-tat continues then it will come down to the final race
Which ETNZ have port entry for

• Like 5

ETNZ lose more in turns, but are otherwise slightly faster.  LR get in front and they can force ETNZ into more maneuvers upwind and so win.  ETNZ get in front and they can slowly sail away (downwind at least, pretty even upwind).  Winning start is everything, ETNZ have to get 50%+ to survive.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

As we saw in Bermuda, Pete often has brain explosions, but he's a quick learner. 

At what age did it happen to you? :D

Joking. Compliments for race 2

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Jandals said:

This can not go to the final race. I won't have a functioning heart left. 

Same. My heartbeat would have been higher than most of the grinders!

1 minute ago, rh3000 said:

My takes, probably already above from several smarter, faster members (I'm a few Wakachangis in.

There is a pattern
Port Entry, wins the start, and wins the race.
If that tit-for-tat continues then it will come down to the final race
Which ETNZ have port entry for

Wakachangis is good mate - you nailed it..... today was an eye opener that's for sure, finger's crossed the Kiwi's can keep it 1 for 1 till the final......

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Same. My heartbeat would have been higher than most of the grinders!

Add in 2 pot's of coffee ( 5 a.m here in Jockland) & I don't need the bloody gyn this morning thats for sure!

The racing is just so fucking good from the pre start all the way through the second leg. Incredible, nail-biting edge-of-your-seat stuff. I've never been more entertained.

55 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

Has @strider470's alarm gone off? Hope he did not miss that.

ahahahaha no mate, When I switch to race mode I don't want distractions :D

I should have gone to bed before the last race though :D Impressive win of the Kiwis

• Like 2
Just now, Foyle said:

VMG 3.2x wind speed downwind, 2.4x upwind, 5x on reach.  Wooah.

Yup & didn't even have to light up to get this mind blown...... absolutely stunning..... not sure about doing an Offshore in these things but F.M.L. have they re-written the law's of Physics for Monohulls..... can see also the filter down of boomless main's and Double skin mains as well..... Just frikkin Wow.....

2 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Add in 2 pot's of coffee ( 5 a.m here in Jockland) & I don't need the bloody gyn this morning thats for sure!

Same here in Ireland :D

Strider - your boys dun good Sir - no shame on either boat...... sail plan's & FCS system issues made it look worse than it could have been.... Tomorrow is another day.....

• Like 1

Well shit. 

Jimmy and co have lost it. Clearly, they are a bunch of fags and spent too much time inside each other last night. They were ok in the first race but, their jocks got wet and the salt water burned their abraded cocks and moon holes. The pain was too much. They failed. 

Tonight they'll fuck each other again because they're stupid. Tomorrow, theyll rinse and repeat. 

As time goes on, the red scabs and red moons will lose. 

They are afterall, faggots. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 5

Port entry – is there a way to break the spell? Everyone will be trying to figure that one out.

Timing on the start line, leeward boat start tight on the windward boat.

The rich get richer - probably there's no way to break that spell, not without mistakes, shifts and currents coming into play.

NZ hurts bad upwind when they're even or behind, as Prada has a high-slow mode that can inflict outsize pain. OTOH, when NZ is a smidge ahead they just stretch the gap.

• Like 1

Giancarlo's comment on @RadioCapital_fm

“My opinion on the regattas of @lunarossa it is extremely positive. The 3 flawless test and a 4 full of ideas for the future. Come on guys, calibrate your actions on the basis of your experiences and stay with a mind of steel " 7:30 

https://twitter.com/GiancarloPedote/status/1370240717298270209?s=20

3 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Well shit. 

Jimmy and co have lost it. Clearly, they are a bunch of fags and spent too much time inside each other last night. They were ok in the first race but, their jocks got wet and the salt water burned their abraded cocks and moon holes. The pain was too much. They failed. 

Tonight they'll fuck each other again because they're stupid. Tomorrow, theyll rinse and repeat. 

As time goes on, the red scabs and red moons will lose. 

They are afterall, faggots. 

Your ability with English prose has no equal....Shakespeare would weep to see what you have done to the English language

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

Game on Baby!  Isn't this what we have all been waiting for?  Pretty effing great!  

Damn right Zen, exactly what we needed!

Well done ETNZ very well sailed & I was quite gobsmacked by TR's VMG on the run.

Now I am wondering if I even want to lay in another half gallon jug of the "EW", I do however now have 2 of the labels from Lowercase Italian Style Pilsner stuck on the side of my computer tower (looks like I have room for 6)

It's probably a yes on the bourbon, I do enjoy it as a Saturday night TOONAMI libation.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Your ability with English prose has no equal....Shakespeare would weep to see what you have done to the English language

Ah, thanks?

If NZ are behind in the light airs we're never going to pass unless LR make a big cockup. Still think LR could potentially pass up the first beat if it's close and there are lots of tacks. Was very nervous after that lee bow on the first beat, but they managed to cross - just..... in the next engagement......