AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

2 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

Next to the Thames cruise ship terminal. 

Don't knock my old home town, used to have most pubs per capita in the world. 

images.jpeg (6).jpg

..and probably the most marijuana cultivation concentration per hectare :D

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, minimumfuss said:

Yes my great great grandfather discovered gold there, must have whored and drunk away my inheritance:D

My great grandfather was a gold miner all his life. They had times of wealth and great poverty. My great Aunt died from lack of decent food. Not a life I would recommend 

Alright, for all those fence sitters who are here commenting daily but have “no skin in the game” or “no dog in the fight” when in fact we’re all here because we actually do have skin in the game or a dog in the fight, whether its because youre like Alchy and continuously bag Kiwis but arent a LR supporter or youre like myself and Strider that have clear intentions, time to put your balls on the line and pick a team. If youre wrong, youre wrong and if youre right, congrats to you, but if youre not prepared to make a call, you cant bag either side one way or another. Put up or shut up time.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

Alright, for all those fence sitters who are here commenting daily but have “no skin in the game” or “no dog in the fight” when in fact we’re all here because we actually do have skin in the game or a dog in the fight, whether its because youre like Alchy and continuously bag Kiwis but arent a LR supporter or youre like myself and Strider that have clear intentions, time to put your balls on the line and pick a team. If youre wrong, youre wrong and if youre right, congrats to you, but if youre not prepared to make a call, you cant bag either side one way or another. Put up or shut up time.

shut your pie hole.

1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

Desperate for the Kiwi's to win....Skin in the game..."shitting my self summed it all up for me"

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bigrpowr said:

shut your pie hole.

Ugh youre one of those pussies with no skin in the game haha piss off in the cheap seats. The winners are talking.

If it's any help, ETNZ are drifting faster than LR in the 8kts shown on VE...

• Like 1
Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

32 seconds at the second mark, LR did not lose ground downwind.

Despite all the talk of ETNZ being definitely faster downwind. LR seem to have soft air on the right as well.

• Like 1

Boats are so evenly matched, you just CANNOT give Prada an advantage like ETNZ did at the start...... ETNZ are going well  in a tough spot but no passing lane - less pressure on the right side..... talk about a gimme to Prada & ETNZ is on STBD entry for Race 2 today.... F.M.L!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Piet56 said:

Boats are so evenly matched, you just CANNOT give Prada an advantage like ETNZ did at the start...... ETNZ are going well  in a tough spot but no passing lane - less pressure on the right side..... talk about a gimme to Prada & ETNZ is on STBD entry for Race 2 today.... F.M.L!

Same speed and Prada is faster in the tack so difficult to pass.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Yep. Good to see a different entry strategy from LRPP on starboard in this race though. 

• Like 1

Prada win's it - a gift from ETNZ, How badly do the Kiwi's want to retain this cup??? I mean seriously, you cannot give PRADA point's like this...... Well done to Prada - covered them like my ex-wife's divorce lawyer..... well done

• Like 3

One against the head now required, or we are in a bit of trouble.

Well sailed LRPP. 3:2

Just now, .......................... said:

But would you rather have Burling or Barker....

Wash your mouth out... Barker would be still trying to finish......

• Like 2

Well it's obvious ETNZ are faster most of the time they closed to 18 seconds but wow that start by Jimmy was masterclass. Slowed the boat down and NZ fell off the foils. It's almost like he knows? For Kiwi fans if the previous races are anything to go by Te Rehutai will win this race. 

2 minutes ago, Monster Mash said:

Ridiculous, this is not racing.

TNZ has got to get Burling off the boat.

Putting your hand up, Monster? At 3:2 you might be overreacting a tad. ;-)

• Like 6

I think both boats have similar VMGs but by sailing different angles. When NZ are behind they sail wider angles and can keep on their VMG mode. When LR are behind then they can't sail their VMG mode because they are forced to sail wider angles, this the gap increases a bit more.

NZ can hang in 200m behind but LR find it difficult inside 300m.

• Like 2

GD needs to have a stern talk to Pete and tell him such a start is unacceptable. He’s supposedly  to be world class not a amateur. He’s payed big bucks and is expected to perform. He’s got an even boat and it’s up to him to match Jimmy. 

• Like 1

Dang, in these lighter winds, it seems impossible for a boat to respond if behind from the start.   :(

1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

Tuke's fuck up.....he said they were early, and they weren't.

They were absolutely early at that point. 

They ended up not being early because PB stalled the boat and dropped it in the water.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, NZL4EVER said:

I'm rolling for Italy now cause they deserve to win NZ are shocking! 

You should be ashamed of yourself. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Putting your hand up, Monster? At 3:2 you might be overreacting a tad. ;-)

there’s been a bit of that over the past few days!!! No panic from ONTOIT...

Get a fucking grip you, Kiwis. What a snivelling bunch of pussies.

One of you wankers has even changed sides, for fucks sake.

Time to focus, not to fall apart.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, mako23 said:

GD needs to have a stern talk to Pete and tell him such a start is unacceptable. He’s supposedly  to be world class not a amateur. He’s payed big bucks and is expected to perform. He’s got an even boat and it’s up to him to match Jimmy. 

They almost fell off in the prestart second race yesterday but squeaked it. Exactly the same today and they didn't. Just not good enough PB.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Pete start fuck up was so huge that I must be a software mistake, any opti sailor would have done better.

Maybe, however, I listened to the on board comms again and they did a great job of hiding any problems.