AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

Just now, Indio said:

We lose the next race and GAshby should take over from Burling. Stalling the boat like that on top of his fuck-up in race 1 yesterday should be cause for concern over Burling's concentration. Is someone else in control of the foil arms or does Burling control them as well as steer? Looks like he can't multi-task...

Don't think it is a question of multi-tasking, it is one of the penalties from the smaller size foil's as compared to Prada.....

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, nroose said:

No indication of that at all. And it was all about falling off the foils. In light-ish wind. The thing that so many have talked about for days. Really has nothing to do with software. They just need to make sure they don't turn back too early. I still want to see a start where they are hot early.

They could have just luffed earlier unless Pete was not told or something prevented them to do so.

Just got home from work 

bring me up to speed :D

Ok First race to Italy. 
who won start from which entry

4 minutes ago, nroose said:

Really? It's been a concern and a topic of much conversation for years. And it's been a huge factor in at least as many races as heavy wind speed.

Fair enough. Perhaps a lack of attention from me this cycle, but that was a huge demo of it.

• Like 1

It's still amazing that these boats can get to 18kn BSP in displacement mode in just 8kn of wind. Take the foods off and put a keel on and these would still be amazing boats!

• Like 1
Just now, Piet56 said:

Italy from Stbd

Aaah that’s new

Just now, The Advocate said:

Is there a fix in for a long regatta or something???

This. I'm pretty sure that the AED peddler's have paid off both teams.

What the hell is this, pro wrestling? Is it all scripted and the fix is in?

I’d be checking Jimmy’s bank account 

Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

51 one seconds, power problems ?

Comments from Freddy Carr saying Prada 's main didn't "pop" through the tack, sat them on  the arse nose up till they got it sorted.... 750+ lead right now....

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

51 one seconds, power problems ?

Races where ETNZ get into clear air, they get further in front that LR dies in same circumstances. Faster, but no use if you lose the start?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

What the hell is this, pro wrestling? Is it all scripted and the fix is in?

the long reach of the corleones maybe ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 167149 said:

the long reach of the corleones maybe ?

Somebody made someone a deal not to be refused

20 minutes ago, Indio said:

We lose the next race and GAshby should take over from Burling. Stalling the boat like that on top of his fuck-up in race 1 yesterday should be cause for concern over Burling's concentration. Is someone else in control of the foil arms or does Burling control them as well as steer? Looks like he can't multi-task...

I’m ashamed of some of the panic modes from some of our supporters and this comment is close to the worst!!

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, hoom said:

At least the port start bogey is popped.

I guess if you are saying that port entry isn't enough of an advantage to overcome a huge mistake, sure. So it's all about the start, and the left entry has the advantage unless that boat makes a huge mistake. I'll take that.

Just now, Piet56 said:

Strider - do you need my Lupara my friend???

The team mental coach is alredy waiting for the debriefing at the base. :D

lupara.jpg.b0bf8e6af3d5efe4a37b13ef4417cb1c.jpg

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, sfigone said:

You're out of race mode already! So it's your fault for losing focus :)

Race was over already, I have been consistent, unfortunately.

More wind

more wind 

more wind

more wind

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Indio said:

Showing your true colours.. bet they are super glad to have your support

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Are you putting money on that?

Sure.  I have seen enough ACs over the years with the give and take.    They put up a decent fight but they refuse to put away ETNZ and these things always come back to bite you.