AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

Just now, mauriciogfj said:

Who would call it this way?
The starboard curse has been broken in a big way.

To me the starboard entry won both races today only because the port entry fucked up in each race.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

Sorry this class doesn’t breed close racing.

Certainly doesn't and after the start it is as boring as fuck. Perhaps it's been exacerbated by the fact both starts today were stuff ups. There was a lot of talk in Race 2 that Italy ran out of wind but even after that they seemed to struggle? The pressure on Jimmy and Pete is ridiculous.! Wouldn't wish that on anyone IMHO..

8 minutes ago, nroose said:

To me the starboard entry won both races today only because the port entry fucked up in each race.

I guess you missed the bit when they talked about landing in a wind hole?

2 minutes ago, mauriciogfj said:

All in all, considering how lopsided the races have been, we could not have a better result at this stage. We have a much longer series  than forecasted.

It would be great if they can stretch it out till we see some real wind. The boats really fly then.

ETNZ with 3 horizon jobs on LR. Sunday may be breezier. TR aint slow in the light thats for sure. She has extended once ahead in all 3 races she has won. LR is race hardened but not faster. TR is certainly faster, but needs to be put in the right position.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

Give them twice the size of course & I believe TNZ would have pulled a couple of overtakes.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, hoom said:

1400m at TNZ finish.

LR probably were not thrashing gear? Not conceding, but not risking the boat?

1 minute ago, strider470 said:

Who would have thought 3 - 3 after three days?

Incredible

How are you feeling strider.....worried, confident, or something in between 

5 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Incredible

So we are both barbequed again Strider!

What was the winning margin in the 1st race, I missed it thankfully.

9 minutes ago, Enzedel92 said:

Not on such tight race tracks. Give them longer larger race tracks, where you can find 1kn extra wind to turn into 4kn extra BSP and then you'd have a much better sailing race.... Maybe not good TV?

7 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

I guess you missed the bit when they talked about landing in a wind hole?

To be fair max, that kinda counts as fucking the start.

It's just that on a super puffy day it's a lot easier to fuck it.

• Like 2
Just now, mako23 said:

How are you feeling strider.....worried, confident, or something in between 

This America's Cup is turning into a Russian roulette with 50% of the bullets in place

Just now, sfigone said:

Not on such tight race tracks. Give them longer larger race tracks, where you can find 1kn extra wind to turn into 4kn extra BSP and then you'd have a much better sailing race.... Maybe not good TV?

I agree these boats need more room to breath 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, strider470 said:

This America's Cup is turning into a Russian roulette with 50% of the bullets in place

let me load a few more in your chambers! :lol:

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

So we are both barbequed again Strider!

What was the winning margin in the 1st race, I missed it thankfully.

It was comfortable, but not horizon job.

I don't know you, but I'm already well done, and the spit... hurts :D :D

3 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

It would be great if they can stretch it out till we see some real wind. The boats really fly then.

Just a bit more forecast tomorrow and a little more Monday. Tuesday, if we get that far pressure down again!

Screenshot_20210313-050526_PredictWind.jpg

It was comfortable, but not horizon job.

I don't know you, but I'm already well done, and the spit... hurts :D :D

LOL! My arsehole has gone from brown to black! But I'm kinda enjoying the spit. ;)

1 minute ago, strider470 said:

I haven’t a clue who going to win.  Makes life interesting, If we win I’ll breath a sigh of relief but I’ll feel for all those Prada fans out there. 

5 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Incredible

Yep, couldn't ask for a better match.  Its tight and the outcome is by no means certain.  Would like to see the boats in a bit more breeze to test the design packages across a larger windrange than we have seen so far.  The forecast looks like it may oblige.  

3 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

Just a bit more forecast tomorrow and a little more Monday. Tuesday, if we get that far pressure down again!

Screenshot_20210313-050526_PredictWind.jpg

Is that quote in km, miles or knots........please let it be knots 

LOL! My arsehole has gone from brown to black! But I'm kinda enjoying the spit. ;)

Si vede che a te non da fastidio! :D

4 minutes ago, mako23 said:

I haven’t a clue who going to win.  Makes life interesting, If we win I’ll breath a sigh of relief but I’ll feel for all those Prada fans out there. 

Same. Hope like hell we win, but if it were to go italy's way you couldn't possibly begrudge them it.

But begrudge Jimmy? Sure, cos he's just a little ozzy convict. :lol:

• Like 4
1 hour ago, nroose said:

Just had the realization that the older guys are sticking it to the younger guy. I don't know all the ages, but the helms of LR are 41 and 47, and PB is 30. And PB's attention has been split between AC and Olympics.

This comment aged well:)

2 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Is that quote in km, miles or knots........please let it be knots 

Depends which forecast you look at - anything from 8-10knots tomorrow

image.thumb.png.c4b4810bfb51b21b31c1329136fb42f4.png

1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

If you want see real aging, scroll back and read your posts of the last two months :D

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, strider470 said:
5 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

If you want see real aging, scroll back and read your posts of the last two months

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
Just now, strider470 said:

My only conclusion is that these two teams and boats are without any doubts, the best in the world.

And to be able to race in practically no wind is amazing. Can you imagine how slow and painful it would be in the old monohulls in nine knots.

My only conclusion is that these two teams and boats are without any doubts, the best in the world.

Also I think looking at the sorts of margins we are seeing between two very closely matched boats, it's clear that INEOS' boat wasn't actually THAT slow.

Slower for sure, but it lost by margins not that much greater than we are seeing now.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, I've made some wildly off the mark predictions but fuck it at least I fess up to them.

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Ugh youre one of those pussies with no skin in the game haha piss off in the cheap seats. The winners are talking.

on top of having a double digit IQ, now you're a tough guy. well done dipshit. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Also I think looking at the sorts of margins we are seeing between two very closely matched boats, it's clear that INEOS' boat wasn't actually THAT slow.

Slower for sure, but it lost by margins not that much greater than we are seeing now.

Yes, but they keep losing consistently. They were well behind of these two.

17 minutes ago, jaysper said:

To be fair max, that kinda counts as fucking the start.

It's just that on a super puffy day it's a lot easier to fuck it.

Oh well, they were even in that regard as well I guess.

My [joking] prediction of 7-6 is starting to look quite possible!  :lol:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MaxHugen said:

Oh well, they were even in that regard as well I guess.

My [joking] prediction of 7-6 is starting to look quite possible!  :lol:

would be the best scenario for all of us.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Yup, I've made some wildly off the mark predictions but fuck it at least I fess up to them.

Jaysper, we always joke. And there is always respect. Problem is when people take this thing way too seriously, almost going personal.

7 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Yes, but they keep losing consistently. They were well behind of these two.

In terms of score board of course, but not on terms of boat speed I reckon.

It would have been super interesting to see how an uninjured AM would have done in the Prada Cup.

• Like 1

In terms of score board of course, but not on terms of boat speed I reckon.

It would have been super interesting to see how an uninjured AM would have done in the Prada Cup.

I think that in strong winds they were very competitive

This morning, Shitting my self. Race 1, gutted. Race 2 stoked. Back to nil all and shitting myself again.

I won't forget what GD said to me when I asked him how do we lose this, "Gear failure or we really stuff it up in the box" 

That comment didn't mean much to me then, sure would love to be in the debriefing room now.... 

1 minute ago, WakaNZ said:

This morning, Shitting my self. Race 1, gutted. Race 2 stoked. Back to nil all and shitting myself again.

I won't forget what GD said to me when I asked him how do we lose this, "Gear failure or we really stuff it up in the box" 

That comment didn't mean much to me then, sure would love to be in the debriefing room now.... 

He was really overconfident in a boat speed superiority, at least in this wind range

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

To the anxious kiwis, relax, we just had a little trouble with our starboard droid, but a firmware update has it sorted now.

PB R2D2.jpg

Was it a problem with his motivator?

2 minutes ago, strider470 said:

He was really overconfident in a boat speed superiority, at least in this wind range

Have to agree with that. Would be so interesting to see them in moderate to high winds... although I believe LR have improved in that area as well, so might be tight there as well?

22 minutes ago, strider470 said:

If you want see real aging, scroll I wasn't wromnback and read your posts of the last two months :D

Why? I said TR was the faster boat. Turns out thats true.

3 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Why? I said TR was the faster boat. Turns out thats true.

You said that LR won because they were lucky, that Ineos would be in the match, and so more shit.

Turns out that you are always wrong and should more often STFU. :)

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

You said that LR won because they are lucky, that Ineos would be in the match. Turns out that you are always wrong and should sometimes STFU. :)

Wrong. I said I hoped INEOS would be in the match.

You said the boats were stupid, wouldn't get off the dock, wouldn't be faster than the F50, would be too dangerous and would slice and dice sailors... maybe its you that should've shut the fuck up.

Was it a problem with his motivator?

According to my calcs, it was a slight problem with quantum entanglement.

image.png.70611bb602d70ece67b92fccc5c18a0a.png

• Like 1

I really wonder if this rendition of the cup will attract more competitors? And the confusion during the commentary.

Quote "Luna Rossa has this high mode, Luna Rossa has bigger foils, Luna Rossa faster in lighter conditions etc etc"

Quote "New Zealand is faster, New Zealand have smaller foils, NZ is certainly not slow"

Throw in a scoreline of 3-3 and who the fark really knows what's going on or who is going to win?

FACT: If Luna Rossa keep winning the 1st race but lose the 2nd they will win the cup...! :D

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, strider470 said:

From the two best countries in the world!

15 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

Get them onto shifty course C and I bet there will be passes!

It seemed pretty shifty today and no passes. I think what we are seeing is that both teams are very adept at playing the shifts and the boat with the leads gets first choice.

• Like 1

Course A in NNE will have a few variations in pressure but not a lot in direction.

Course C will have much more directional changes and more variation in pressure!!

24 minutes ago, strider470 said:

And the best planet of the solar system!!

Uranus? Functional and fun...