AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

1 minute ago, Stingray~ said:

Hard to know if it was intentional (probably was!) but there’s a great chance it did affect LR. 

The POWER of Watties Baked beans...... :ph34r:

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

5 hours ago, 45Roller said:

Mozzys take

I know he's quite popular in here, and he used to post quite regularly as well, but since doing his YT thing he's just lurking, and regurgitating the discussion in here as his own "original" content. He said he wasn't doing it for money - he is......That makes him a liar, thief, and a fraud in my book.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

I know he's quite popular in here, and he used to post quite regularly as well, but since doing his YT thing he's just lurking, and regurgitating the discussion in here as his own "original" content. He said he wasn't doing it for money - he is......That makes him a liar, thief, and a fraud in my book.

dont forget that in SA speak that means cunt

I could not agree with you more. I saw some info from here and watched in the hope he at least gave a credit to the poster for their work, but nothing, was the last one I watched.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Did you expect anything different from him?

Nah.....He's full of shit.....

2 minutes ago, toad said:

dont forget that in SA speak that means cunt

Yep.....

5 minutes ago, DevsNzL said:

Why the fuck, would we want that, we would lose Glenn Gashby and the Nationality Requirement is pretty good.  And any team that wants Barker we should wish them luck.

Current National Requirement isn't that good. Only 20 % have to Natural Born Citizens in the Country where you challenge from. I'd like to see that go up to 50 %.

You would not lose Ashby with 50 % or even 75 % Requirement. Ashby & Carlo Huisman are the only two Foreigners on the Kiwi Sailing Team.

1 minute ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Current National Requirement isn't that good. Only 20 % have to Natural Born Citizens in the Country where you challenge from. I'd like to see that go up to 50 %.

You would not lose Ashby with 50 % or even 75 % Requirement. Ashby & Carlo Huisman are the only two Foreigners on the Kiwi Sailing Team.

I could have sworn I read it was the other way around, that only 20% could be non national.

3 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Why? The design team is far more important. You want that to have a nationality requirement?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

I love what he’s doing, he is bright and the videos are absolutely beautifully done. 

LSD has been super cool, PlanetSail too, but dang: Mozzy is king of AC36 video analyses.

Lest anyone feel offended: HUGE congrats and thank you also to Dorox, Max, erdb, and the stunning Basiliscus! 

And the superb Auckland photographers and videographers,obviously. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

I love what he’s doing, he is bright and the videos are absolutely beautifully done. 

Yes, but you don't know anything about sailing or video production, so your opinion doesn't mean that much to me.....no offence intended......

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

This forum does not create ideas ex-nihilo, everybody takes everyone else ideas. Mozzy is excellent when he writes here and my favourite video maker, intelligent while simple to understand.

• Like 2

Yes, but you don't know anything about sailing or video production, so your opinion doesn't mean that much to me.....no offence intended......

Got a link to better material? Maybe your own?? C’mon..   Mozzy is solid gold until you can point to better. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Got a link to better material?

I don't need material. I watch the races and can deduce my own thoughts about the boats. I don't need to be led by the nose by someone else to understand what's going on.

6 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Got a link to better material? Maybe your own?? C’mon..   Mozzy is solid gold until you can point to better. 

Bullshit.... he's a plagiarist.... pure and simple

• Like 2
Just now, Horn Rock said:

I don't need material. I watch the races and can deduce my own thoughts about the boats. I don't need to be led by the nose by someone else to understand what's going on.

I learn a lot by watching his insights, but whatever floats your boat. I just don’t see any need to trash Mozzy’s admirable channel.. 

1 minute ago, Piet56 said:

What does he plagiarize, without posting things like ‘Graph by Erdb’ and  others? 

Is there something about his analyses that are getting under peoples’ skins? What?? 

2 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Is there something about his analyses

They aren't strictly his analyses, that's what annoys me, and he fails to acknowledge it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

I learn a lot by watching his insights, but whatever floats your boat. I just don’t see any need to trash Mozzy’s admirable channel.. 

That's great that you have learned a lot, and I am sure many others have as well, but he is like AC101 and has gotten a shit ton of stuff fucked up and the stuff he gets right is generally from here.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

When we read RG, listen to TE, or watch the 2 italian guys videos, they are often inspired by the forum, we don't call them plagiarist.

2 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

he is like AC101 and has gotten a shit ton of stuff fucked up and the stuff he gets right is generally from here.

Yep, and Stingers is his target audience......

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Stingray~ said:

1 minute ago, The Advocate said:

but he is like AC101 and has gotten a shit ton of stuff fucked up and the stuff he gets right is generally from here.

Thank you.... i TOTALLY agree

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

When we read RG, listen to TE, or watch the 2 italian guys videos, they are often inspired by the forum, we don't call them plagiarist.

I do, not necessarily RG, but I call out Stuff, NZ Herald etc......TE never knew much to begin with.....

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Inspiration is one thing, plagiarism a completely other.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

What's more is that he always puts thanks on the screen for the peoples work he is using.

Honestly haters gonna hate, right?

• Like 5

Can we get back to some serious shit like are they going to sail today & met conditions 1h30 pre-race? please?

It's "Oh Dark 34" here & I really don't want to puke up my 1st coffee of the day, racing is good for my soul and my nerve's

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jaysper said:

What's more is that he always puts thanks on the screen for the peoples work he is using.

Have never seen that. Would stand corrected if I do see it.

3 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

Inspiration is one thing, plagiarism a completely other.

The difference between the two may be difficult, mainly with university works, however if you mention the origin of the theory it is not considered as plagiarism.

48 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Nothing against PB, who I have enormous admiration for too, but yes: I had the same reaction to that video, for this and other ways JS spoke in that interview. He is very-very bright and confident, charisma-wise, still. I doubt either helm will have a pressure meltdown but am convinced that if either does, it will not be JS! 

I think you're confusing smart with smart-arse ;-).  He talks a good game, I'll give you that.  Unfortunately what you call confidence and charisma just comes across as "arrogant little shit" to most kiwis.  He's made a real effort during this cycle and I've tried to like him - but every now and then the real Jimmy comes out, particularly during the recent pressers.

1 minute ago, terrafirma said:

I have 8.1 Knots at Rangit and 2.7 on the course via PW observations. 

I think they moved Course A too far North. If Rangi has 8 Knots they should have sailed in the Rangi Channel!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

Have never seen that. Would stand corrected if I do see it.

Regularly see "thanks erdb" and "thanks weta27" flashed up on the screen. Go back and watch them.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Regular Swimmer said:

I think you're confusing smart with smart-arse ;-).  He talks a good game, I'll give you that.  Unfortunately what you call confidence and charisma just comes across as "arrogant little shit" to most kiwis.  He's made a real effort during this cycle and I've tried to like him - but every now and then the real Jimmy comes out, particularly during the recent pressers.

Sensitive little snowflakes they are.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Regular Swimmer said:

the real Jimmy comes out, particularly during the recent pressers.

The quality of the questions from those stupid muppets impersonating Journo's I am surprised he's not decked a few of them... Some of the questioning seriously put's into  question what these clowns are being taught at school - let alone in a trade course.....

37 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

I could have sworn I read it was the other way around, that only 20% could be non national.

From the Protocol:

10.1. All Crew racing in the CSS and the Match shall have the nationality of the country of the yacht club that the competing yacht club represents (“Nationality”).

10.2. The requirement of Nationality shall be satisfied:
a) if the person is a national of that country; or
b) if the person has his/her principal place of residence in that country; this is to say, if the person has been physically present in that country for at least three hundred and eighty [380] days during the two year period from 1st of September 2018 until 31st of August 2020 (or in the case of an accepted late entry during the two year period from the 1st of December 2018 to the 30th of November 2020) and has a permanent place of abode in that country where that person usually resides on a lasting rather than a temporary basis and is able to produce other supporting evidence of that country being his/her principal place of residence (such as economic ties, social ties, location of personal properties in that country, etc).

10.3. The number of Crew that qualify under 10.2 a) shall not be less than the closest natural number to 20% of the total Crew or three, whichever is the higher.

11 minutes ago, Regular Swimmer said:

Unfortunately what you call confidence and charisma just comes across as "arrogant little shit" to most kiwis.  

The tall poppy syndrome is strong in Aotearoa.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Did someone say that word..... Whomper?????

I think whomper only good if it drops below the minimum after the start.

1 hour ago, Schakel said:

Well good luck. It was best of 7 wasn't it?
Score 3-3.

No, it was not, but now it is. :P

Nice to see you back Sukkel, with all your hilarious alternative facts...

You are special, and a bit Mad. :)

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Nothing against PB, who I have enormous admiration for too, but yes: I had the same reaction to that video, for this and other ways JS spoke in that interview. He is very-very bright and confident, charisma-wise, still. I doubt either helm will have a pressure meltdown but am convinced that if either does, it will not be JS! 

Jimmy is still of the old school generation, where off the water antics are just as important as on the water. Being able to talk the talk was part of the game back then. Mind games were critical. Not so much now. Pete is of the generation where you shut up and let your results do the talking. Olympic and World Champions are trained and used to dealing with pressure. They just shrug the pressure off and concentrate on the task at hand. Charisma is no longer important. 

5 minutes ago, Varan said:

Did I miss anything important in the last 5 pages?

Absolutely. There has been lobotomy induced dribbling, ranting and howling at the moon.

You are now all caught up.

Welcome ^_^

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

We agree on this one!

Foilers falling off foils makes for a disastrous race..

Just to see a change in conditions, and of course I think a stronger breeze will help ETNZ.

4 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

No, it was not, but now it is. :P

Nice to see you back Sukkel, with all your hilarious alternative facts...

You are special, and a bit Mad. :)

Have to admit I'm a bit torn over who is the most "special" this one or "Danny boy".

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Bean Rock has 8-9 Knots FWIW. I think Iain Murray picked the wrong Course today.

I am at bean Rock. It is NOT 8 knots. Maybe 2. 4 knots at tiri

16 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

The quality of the questions from those stupid muppets impersonating Journo's I am surprised he's not decked a few of them... Some of the questioning seriously put's into  question what these clowns are being taught at school - let alone in a trade course.....

Gotta agree there ^_^  Although his "slam dunk" answer to NO's question I think proves my point.

8 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Just to see a change in conditions, and of course I think a stronger breeze will help ETNZ.

Maybe the AC75 should be raced in the Wellington harbour...plenty of wind there

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Kiwing said:

wind speed on course anyone out there. Please tell us far away it is going to be over 6.5 before 4pm.

I have 7.3 at Rangit and 4.4 on the course ATM

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

So it will

2 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

wind speed on course anyone out there. Please tell us far away it is going to be over 6.5 before 4pm.

Looks like 6 knots at bean Rock now

2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Oh I love that one!

Yeah - not bad for a Kiwi .... do a search for "Fred Dagg".... Holder of the Chair of Joinery at the University of Taihape.....

1 minute ago, Regular Swimmer said:

Ahh... the sledge.  Australia's greatest contribution to world sport :P

We have to beat the POMS at something.....

8 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

Built by an Australian company lol

In China with a joint venture Chinese company. I wonder why he didnt use the TNZ boatyard after the cup. Maybe not a good look. 

7 hours ago, Paddywackery said:

I'm getting used to it now....sounds like the boat has a soul :lol:

The creaking from that traveller sounds like I feel after a heavy night.  :P