AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Have you ever tried a different joke or you are stuck in this mail-order bride crap that, honestly, is not even funny?

It's not a joke jackass!!

Just now, mezaire said:

Were ETNZ sandbagging a little to make it a close series?

or is the extra 2-3knots of breeze mean they can simply engage "turbo" mode?!

Turbo mode - J2 v J1 jibs & the kiwi's are on fire....

How good was that eh?

Some ridiculous differences in VMG at times. Think we got a very good glimpse of how good the Te Rehutai design. 

Two board mark rounding at the bottom mark on Prada, and then low out of it vs single board into a tack to go right chomped out 100m lead and set the lead change.

Prada didn’t tack on NZ immediately  on the first upwind too keeping the first leg closer 

well done NZ

First race TR really faster than LR. Kudos to the Kiwis. I can't blame our boys for any choice, perfect start and first two legs. Never say never! Go LR!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, mako23 said:

PB fucked up the start again. Had is arse saved by a faster boat.

Will be interesting to see if still faster once LR change their jib. Fingers crossed.

A win from behind. Nice to have a wind shift when you need it. Congratulations, ETNZ.

BIG speed and VMG advantage in that one. Let's see if the boys can back that up.

Over to you, LRPP.

• Like 4

Congrats, to LRPP on an superb start. You had us there good and proper. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Piet56 said:

JS has been saying that since Bermuda..... and they get on well off the course as well....

It is very clear when you meet with and/or talk with these guys at the top of our sport there is a huge amount of mutual respect amongst all of them.

I will never forget the huge smile on Xabi's face as he congratulated Charles on the dock in Den Haag at the end of the last Volvo Ocean Race - i was right there and i can guarantee the respect was in both directions.

They are way way above we 'mere mortals' in their skill, understanding and awareness on the race course.

• Like 1
Just now, Barnyb said:

"We are not giving up yet"

It's just a flesh wound.... come back & I'll bite your knee caps off (Apologies to Monty Python.....

• Like 1

I believe the same thing happened against Ineos. In their only defeat LR had the wrong jib on.
What is frustrating this time around is that they had a fantastic advantage at the start and it wasn't good enough.

2 minutes ago, toad said:

I must be schizophrenic, I want jimmy to win and I want etnz to win 

Oh come on!!! How can you not want Checco do so well!

Actually no cardboard cut out villains left on the water now. Nobody left i like to see not win!

• Like 1