AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, terrafirma said:

I can see this happening..? Don't tell me NZ will pas LR now..!

hopefully they'll be saved  by the bell

Just now, 167149 said:

hopefully they'll be saved  by the bell

recovered over 2 km's and prada penal;ty............. lead change

unreal from 1.8 ks ahead to 2 ks behind  

15 minutes ago, jsn7821 said:

It seems like dirty air is something that isn't super well understood at these speeds yet... Like Nathan just mentioned that ETNZ gybed through both their own bad air and also LR's bad air.

Seems like these teams (especially ETNZ) haven't really factored that in enough to their maneuvers. What do you guys think

you're right, without the prod and masthead wind instruments giving data to an onboard computers, these boats couldn't be sailed nearly as well as they are.

Not the luckiest pick at the lottery for LR. Che sfiga ragazzi. Shit happens. See you tomorrow guys. Go Luna. Never say never!

• Like 3

Now ladies and gentleman, both boats touch down.....please dont say it was unlucky....we were gaining on LR and that race was definitely going to be close....man, what a race, heart stopping stuff! 

• Like 3

Ahhh...too cruel. Bad luck LRPP.

Glad to have the win, though.

Te Rehutai has the goods for a fast flying recovery, notwithstanding tiny foils.

5 : 3 to ETNZ.

Just now, toad said:

no sailing tomorrow or shouldnt be

Afternoon 1PM - 5PM Light and variable. E 0.6m at 8s period

A

I believe it is every day till 7 toad.....

All those low-wind foiling training the ETNZ boys did really paid off as they managed to keep Te Rehutai on the foils on the way home..

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, toad said:

no sailing tomorrow or shouldnt be

Afternoon 1PM - 5PM Light and variable. E 0.6m at 8s period

A

If its within the limits, it goes ahead. Simple.

Let's see the positives. Two starts completely owned! Keep like that Jimmy We need many of those. I add that should LR have won, it would have been for a macroscopic error of Burling when they crossed LR and fell off the foils. We need many of those as well. :D :D

• Like 1
Just now, strider470 said:

Let's see the positives. Two starts completely owned! Keep like that Jimmy We need many of those. I add that should LR have won, it would have been for a macroscopic error of Burling when they crossed LR and fell off the foils. We need many of those as well. :D :D

But did he really own the starts? I thought race one Pete did ok

Just now, toad said:

But did he really own the starts? I thought race one Pete did ok

ETNZ  were far behind after the start. so yes. Jimmy owned the start. Go back with the replay if you don't trust me.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, strider470 said:

ETNZ  were far behind after the start. so yes. Jimmy owned the start. Go back with the replay if you don't trust me.

Yep, pretty fucking clear Jimmy won both starts.

Otherwise I guess they used their teleporter to get in front?<_< 

• Like 1

Freddy Carr saying LR would be feeling robbed. Can that really be the case? I mean they were getting mowed down on the run until a monumental fuck up in a light. LR kinda fucked up too. 

22 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Not the luckiest pick at the lottery for LR. Che sfiga ragazzi. Shit happens. See you tomorrow guys. Go Luna. Never say never!

Goodonya mate.  Same time same place tomorrow!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, 36thLatitude said:

Complacency from LR.

Shouldn't have dunked it off larger foils and jib...

Complacency or just hit a soft patch at the wrong time?

Only real balls up in that race was ETNZs ill timed gybe which they recovered from thank fuck 

It could all be over tomorrow. If it is, other than being gutted for LR and Italia, I'll be disappointing not to see these two boats in a 20+ kn day. Whatever the outcome in those conditions, it would be fabulous to see.... We may have to wait 2 to 4 years to see that.... or maybe never?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Jandals said:

Freddy Carr saying LR would be feeling robbed. Can that really be the case? I mean they were getting mowed down on the run until a monumental fuck up in a light. LR kinda fucked up too. 

I think he probably just picked the wrong phrase. More gutted given how far ahead they were.

Just now, jaysper said:

Complacency or just hit a soft patch at the wrong time?

Only real balls up in that race was ETNZs ill timed gybe which they recovered from thank fuck 

I dont think LR realised the importance of staying up.