AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

2 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

JS seems to gel very well with FB and the rest of the crew...

They gel well, but I think they got caught out yesterday. I listened to their stern cams, and they made some tactical errors when under the pump.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Kenny Dumas said:

Link now up on Utube

Betcha Pete ain’t so lucky today 

Great racing. I hope they follow up with racing round the world like GP. Maybe just hold the original schedule ACWS this year?  

Yeah Sail GP is going to be huge IMO with Burling & Co joining and Jimmy steering USA. Big Bad Ben back on the UK boat and Nathan on Japan, Tom on Team Australia 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, PhilipNZ said:

Turning into the Murray Walker of sailing these days. His pearler from yesterday after the first race "finally the deadlock is broken" In other words like every other day before

He does seem quite doddery these days.

5 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Wait you lot, we still gotta win a couple of races, and after yesterday It ain't over yet.

Yeah, fuck me people forget San Francisco so fast don't they?

We're only 2 fucking races up.

4 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

I think he is done! Spithill will almost certainly leave, maybe reunite with Ben or trying to get an Australian Challenge going!

Allegedly Mr Berteli has health issues, none of us are getting younger these days * I have a funny feeling this may well be the last hurrah......

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Yeah Sail GP is going to be huge IMO with Burling & Co joining and Jimmy steering USA. Big Bad Ben back on the UK boat and Nathan on Japan, Tom on Team Australia 

For sure, SailGP has attracted many of the best talent around!

Looking forward to it, and also The Ocean Race which I think starts late this year?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Piet56 said:

Allegedly Mr Berteli has health issues, none of us are getting younger these days * I have a funny feeling this may well be the last hurrah......

I think so too!

6 minutes ago, **ONTOIT** said:

yes

Noice! Let's hope it stays that way (and Etnz pick the right fucking sails).

Assuming all the predictions about Etnz in the fresher breezes are true, this could be a glorious day.

Just now, jaysper said:

Assuming all the predictions about Etnz in the fresher breezes are true, this could be a glorious day.

and stays the fuck away from the bottom of North Head.... That parking lot still gives me nightmares

10 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

I have to say Jimmy/Ben/Slingers were an amazing Afterguard in SF 2013. Big mistake to break them up after that "Come from behind Win".

Did someone say ....  Heeeeeeerrrrbie?

7 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:
12 minutes ago, Caecilian said:

make more handbags?

$300 scrunchies......

$1200 for a pair of plain white sneakers , check these out.! No wonder he is rich, people waste money..!

https://www.prada.com/au/en/men/shoes/re-nylon_shoes/products.prada_wheel_cassetta_sneakers.2EG323_1YFL_F0009.html

1 minute ago, mrdobalina said:

No one seems to have spoken about what happens if they crash the boat... ETNZ Bermuda, American Magic and no lay days.

It's New Zealand they don't make mistake like that..! 

4 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

For sure, SailGP has attracted many of the best talent around!

Looking forward to it, and also The Ocean Race which I think starts late this year?

The Start of "The Ocean Race" has been postponed until October 2022.

1 minute ago, mrdobalina said:

No one seems to have spoken about what happens if they crash the boat... ETNZ Bermuda, American Magic and no lay days.

Thank you Captain Optimist.....

@terrafirma

I doubt Burling/Tuke will dominate the OD F50's in SailGP this year.

This is why I am sooo excited about SailGP this year because it will really show who the best Sailors are. No Design Advantage, just Racing!

4 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I understand that LR are no slouches in medium winds either?

A win by LR at the start, and then cover TR, could be anyone's race yet again!

16 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

I think he is done! Spithill will almost certainly leave, maybe reunite with Ben or trying to get an Australian Challenge going!

I have to say Jimmy/Ben/Slingers were an amazing Afterguard in SF 2013. Big mistake to break them up after that "Come from behind conivance".

fify

4 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

The Start of "The Ocean Race" has been postponed until October 2022.

Oh, bummer.  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Thank you Captain Optimist.....

People are talking about the starts, tactics, choosing the right sales etc but seem to have forgotten about equipment issue.

It's a valid point and perhaps the unrecoverable.

Just now, mrdobalina said:

People are talking about the starts, tactics, choosing the right sales etc but seem to have forgotten about equipment issue.

It's a valid point and perhaps the unrecoverable.

To quote an old Sgt Major.... "One doesn't poke the Bear in the eye with stick" i.e don't tempt fate....

5 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

@terrafirma

This is why I am sooo excited about SailGP this year because it will really show who the best Sailors are. No Design Advantage, just Racing!

At least it will give us something to fight about after this boat race

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

@terrafirma

Yeah unlike 49ers and Aclass racing?

Just now, Piet56 said:

To quote an old Sgt Major.... "One doesn't poke the Bear in the eye with stick" i.e don't tempt fate....

one doesnt fuck a bear in the ass without giving a reach around?

16 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Yeah, fuck me people forget San Francisco so fast don't they?

We're only 2 fucking races up.

About now Oracle garb was $.25/1.00.

"Abandon All Hope" they wrote.

1 minute ago, cje said:

somehow I think the rooster is in the oven, the door is closed and the temp is creeping up to 180

10 minutes ago, Indio said:

You'd bloody well hope so!!:lol:

The dark recess of your mind is somewhere I never want to visit, trust you to make that comment. 

Just now, Caecilian said:

somehow I think the rooster is in the oven, the door is closed and the temp is creeping up to 180

I have the extinguisher on hand.... just as a stand-by..... you understand.... & yes I am an ETNZ fan boy

3 minutes ago, cje said:

Can't see Prada doing the same.....they'll probably put their pricing up!

Just now, Piet56 said:

I have the extinguisher on hand.... just as a stand-by..... you understand.... & yes I am an ETNZ fan boy

I want the italians to take that cup back to the Mordor but its not looking good

Just now, Varan said:

Guess its time to fire up the electronics and grab a cold one. Best of wishes y'all. May the best team win.

Large Gin & Tonic for me... tipping my hat to the new COR!

1 minute ago, mako23 said:

Jimmy Spithill the man who has lost more AC races than anyone else.

I was wondering that, has he over taken DB? 

37 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

As I understand it the Challenge has to be presented by an "Elected Officer" of the challenging Yacht Club (Commodore) in person - you can guarantee that talks have been underway for months

That's custom, but there's nothing requiring it from a deed perspective.

2 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

The sailors are meat in the AC the winner is the designer and he is not kiwi. Nor is Ashby

Correct  but the boss who hires and fires everyone is as Kiwi as Kiwi gets bro.....

1 hour ago, Indio said:

Mrs Amati might have been screaming for a different WHOPPER!!:D

The edit function abandoned me.....:P

So there's plenty of breeze to race, but its not from the direction they want it from so postponed? Sheesh, no wind, too much wind, too shifty, not from the right direction, man no wonder sailing frustrates people.

1 minute ago, Piet56 said:

Dalt's is out on the chase boat....

He's been out every day, onboard after the races, sometimes looking pretty grumpy.