AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

So there's plenty of breeze to race, but its not from the direction they want it from so postponed? Sheesh, no wind, too much wind, too shifty, not from the right direction, man no wonder sailing frustrates people.

Hard to shoehorn course c in among northhead, bean rock, shipping and spectator lanes. Plus have to shift 1000 spectator boats. Be flukey as fuck coming off the North Shore, going to be pick a side day

5 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

So Dan Bernasconi is just a bystander? He just comes to work every day, drinks coffee all day with his feet up and watches Guillaume work? all day, then calls himself head of design? You're an idiot.

Guillaume invented the boat, Bernasconi wrote the rule around it, that's it.

12 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Dalt's is out on the chase boat....

His is on the boat, laughing at looking at his phone, must have been reading your comment.

3 minutes ago, SloopJohnB said:

His is on the boat, laughing at looking at his phone, must have been reading your comment.

My Dalt's detector never fails..... :ph34r:

1 minute ago, hasmat said:

Believe so, yes.

Is there an agreed timeout length between races? They would seem to be cutting close to not being able to have two.

18 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Tell us what you did and let's compare with Jimmy

Next time your critical I’ll quote the same thing....what have you done

2 minutes ago, arr4ws said:

im quite surprised by spithill/bruni duos working great like that

You shouldn't be, they've been a smooth team through the Prada cup.

5 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Jimmy didn't cover. Got greedy and paid the price. They had speed and height, but threw it away.

Greedy or just figured he needed to search for more breeze to keep the opposition behind him?

Aggh these races are too short.

By the time you get to comment on something they're already halfway down the next leg & something else happened.

Its like when new TV series get released all at once -> everyone binges that weekend and on Monday the coffee maker conversation is just: -did you see that show?

~yeah, cool

-yah

<go back to desks>

• Like 2
1 minute ago, dorydude said:

Jimmy didn't cover. Got greedy and paid the price. They had speed and height, but threw it away.

Actually he did. Leebowed them back to the left, ETNZ simply tacked away... into a right shift. Tough call. The book says cover, but with the wind phasing back and forth like that, they gotta decide to blow through if they think the wind is going right, or do what they did thinking it’s staying where it is or going left. Didn’t envy having to make that call...

• Like 1

Sad last leg for the Italians, with a perfect LR until that damn last wind shift gave the Kiwis the lead. Until then LR totally outsailed a faster ETNZ, pure match racing 2.0, never seen before in this class of boats. But the winner is ETNZ, so kudos to them. Match point now. Go Luna

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, idontwan2know said:
6 minutes ago, dorydude said:

Pretty sure it was Checco's call there.

He also said they couldn't tack on NZ at one stage because they were coming back at em so fast they couldn't have made it stick. So I think Luna Rossa sailed their own course hoping for the shifts to go their way. The speed of the Kiwi boat is playing into the minds of the Italian boat and the shift didn't go their way. Sometimes you make your own luck.! 

2 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

He also said that couldn't track on NZ at one stage because they were coming back at em so fast they couldn't have made it stick

Yes, would have been an overtake to windward like yesterday Race7.

3 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Sad last leg for the Italians, with a perfect LR until that damn last wind shift gave the Kiwis the lead. Until then LR totally outsailed a faster ETNZ, pure match racing 2.0, never seen before in this class of boats. But the winner is ETNZ, so kudos to them. Match point now. Go Luna

A classy response considering the stress you must be under my friend.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Tornado-Cat said:

The sailors are meat in the AC the winner is the designer and he is not kiwi. Nor is Ashby

Oh c'mon, TC. That all you've got left to throw at us?

Exceptional racing there on show and you choose to try and belittle the opposition. Shame.

• Like 1