AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

12 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

It was blowing 50kn at Stewart Island the other day.

Let's go there for the next DOG Match!

Sounds good! 

But what class of boat to use? Kitset AC75s? :lol:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

7 hours ago, nav said:

What do you think of the newly displayed 'air wakes'. I like 'em, but two things....

Are they more or less in the right place?

Does RC get another cheque?

They're great. I think the speed readout on the trailing boat show whether they're in the right place.

It's turned the right direction out on the course and the land is sucking somewhat (insert comment about Auckland here)

Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 3.23.48 PM.png

18 minutes ago, southseasbill said:

What a retard Garner is.

You sir have sullied the good name of Retard with that comment!

Also, the other fuckwit (whoever he is - dunno, don't watch broadcast TV) was worse IMO.

Incidentally, I had the misfortune of meeting one of Garner's relatives a number of years ago and she too was clearly post operative from a lobotomy.

59 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

I hope the Irish boat does well. They seem to have a lot of support

have to support de oirish on st paddy's day

5 minutes ago, **ONTOIT** said:

Should sail out around Great Barrier Island instead based on this:

image.png.1774bc3d02d8e1154c099d25a532d25d.png

Nice picture, haven’t a clue what the colours mean

15 minutes ago, huey 2 said:

Beautiful to see the 12m Kookaburra sailing. Nice looking boat. It will be a sad when we lose Patrizio from the Americas Cup. Luna Rossa so lucky to have a passionate sailor behind them. Wish Australia could do the same so we could compete and offer Glen Ashby the role of Skipper.! LOL :D Ashby, Slinger, Jimmy etc would all comeback to be part of an Australian team.........

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, huey 2 said:

Thank you. I sincerely hope Patrizio Bertelli is in good health and that it is not the reason we have not seen him in Auckland to share in the beauty and performance these remarkable flying boats. His AC legacy deserves recognition by inducting him in the AC Hall of Fame for his contribution to the AC for over 20 years.

Stare bene e in salute, Mr. Bertelli! (Hope I haven't just accused him of fucking warthogs!!)

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Nice picture, haven’t a clue what the colours mean

Perhaps you should learn to read then....specifically the area that states 17 knts.

image.png.b368b66f904ebfabbc7d877a0a08ae92.png

10 minutes ago, mako23 said:

I wonder if France is keen for another go

Doubtful, offshore has greater appeal. Plus  French billionaire funding a campaign would likely bring the wrath of the tax authorities as it would be clear if spending 100+m euro it is obvious you have been cheating.

6 minutes ago, zillafreak said:

What is that thing on the left?

if we were down around horowhenua way you;d likely say  "someones Mum"

1 minute ago, Jono said:

With that haircut KR looks more like James May (Top Gear / Grand Tour)

ken read looks like a guy selling everybody 2 Mainsails-

He is also glad there are no wings this cup.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SimonN said:

I have a rather different interpretation. From the on board conversation, it seems clear to me that ETNZ knew there was power in the right, but they could not go back until LR had made its move. If they had tacked back right earlier and LR had continued, LR would have been in the better position. The only thing ETNZ could have done if LR had held on and headed for the right was to stay on starboard, going the wrong way. So when they say that they got lucky, it was lucky for them that LR tacked and therefore allowed them to go the way they wanted.

Yesterday, you were saying the copter was calling the right while they had been calling the left before.

Yesterday you were saying they were not lucky but now you accept that one of the crew said it, however you give your own explanation to try to find an excuse.

As usual you are full of shit Simon

1 hour ago, jaysper said:

And curtains closed to avoid inadvertently spotting smoke signals.

White smoke or black?  

That's good enough for the Pope, should be good enough for Dalton

1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

So yesterday you were saying they were not lucky and now you accept one of the crew said it but you give your own explanation to try to find an excuse. Yesterday too you were saying the copter was calling the right while they had been calling the left. As usual you are full of shit Simon.

And you sir are a miserable turd

Just now, Tornado-Cat said:

So yesterday you were saying they were not lucky and now you accept one of the crew said it but you give your own explanation to try to find an excuse. Yesterday too you were saying the copter was calling the right while they had been calling the left. As usual you are full of shit Simon.

And as usual, you are a clueless dickhead who just trolls this forum picking fights while not understanding what is going on. You have been particularly clueless since the start of the foiling era

You said that ETNZ were lucky that the wind shifted the way it did. No they weren't. They knew it was going to. If you listen to the on boat comms, its obvious. Jimmy also kept saying that the right would be favoured, whiuch made the tack a strange decision.

Go back and watch the coverage. The chopper was calling right all upwind. Every time ETNZ went right, he said that he thought on the next cross they would take the lead. He was right.

1 minute ago, terrafirma said:

Come on Jimmy get it done today..! everyone needs to route for the Italians to win some races so we get to keep watching.............

Nope - not happening.... let this iteration be over...... PLEASE......

Just now, SimonN said:

And as usual, you are a clueless dickhead who just trolls this forum picking fights while not understanding what is going on. You have been particularly clueless since the start of the foiling era

You said that ETNZ were lucky that the wind shifted the way it did. No they weren't. They knew it was going to. If you listen to the on boat comms, its obvious. Jimmy also kept saying that the right would be favoured, whiuch made the tack a strange decision.

Go back and watch the coverage. The chopper was calling right all upwind. Every time ETNZ went right, he said that he thought on the next cross they would take the lead. He was right.

Whatever you know backtrack on what you said yesterday, you speak before you understand what is going on.

Troll.

1 hour ago, SimonN said:

So when they say that they got lucky, it was lucky for them that LR tacked and therefore allowed them to go the way they wanted.

Bullshit - listen to the stream cam's where you get the onboard comm's...... I did both multiple times yesterday post race & you are wrong....

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Piet56 said:
5 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Come on Jimmy get it done today..! everyone needs to route for the Italians to win some races so we get to keep watching.............

Nope - not happening.... let this iteration be over...... PLEASE......

Don't be greedy..! :P:D

2 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Bullshit - listen to the stream cam's where you get the onboard comm's...... I did both multiple times yesterday post race & you are wrong....

SimonN is a pompeous bullshiter, pretending to know more than he does.

I’ve been a little absent the past couple of days. But my first thought tonight is that if the races were shorter like some commentators have said, LR would be on match point rather than TR. 

1 minute ago, GSBTom said:

F NBC Sports and their shit tape delay ... until 1:30 f’ing AM. And they wonder why we pirate?

But they KNOW what you want to watch..... the advertising dollars tell them you need to watch that crap.....

6 minutes ago, Roller Skates said:

Anyone got the youtube feed link? Bugger all finding tonight's.
Swear google hides it cause they can tell I'm on a VPN.

use your VPN o go to a Japan server - working perfectly

2 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

But they KNOW what you want to watch..... the advertising dollars tell them you need to watch that crap.....

image.thumb.png.5facd2bd3e302c5529cf25691714261f.png

Yeah.... no.

5 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Hmmnnn, I might be in trouble if they can get into my fantasies, it doesn't involve motorized vehicles.

• Like 1
Just now, Piet56 said:

Morning Shanghai.... Fit Like?

Grand Piet. Got my red socks on and a big mug of America's Cup Tea (Lipton's) and looking forward to the action. The building breeze (if the reports are correct)suits the Kiwis

1 minute ago, zenmasterfred said:

Hmmnnn, I might be in trouble if they can get into my fantasies, it doesn't involve motorized vehicles.

it rarely does

gap.jpg

AC/DC Back in Black at full noise - coffee on.... Body Admin sorted..... time to do this..... Hopefully last time listening to McIvor..... please god llet him shut up

4 hours ago, Indio said:

You can make a pile of steaming shit apetising...

And yet he might struggle where you are concerned.. 

just TRY and keep it civil for once? 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Sarcasm mate - I feel you pain having done my time in the US during a cup cycle.... believe me....

I gotcha, all good on YouTube with a VPN :) 

bummed, because for once, NBC’s broadcast hasn’t been shit (like interrupting a perfectly good race with commercials mid leg), and the HD is actually HD.