AC36: The Match (6-15th March. Reserve days to the 21st)

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And just to add to that record, Mozzy Sails contacted me direct to ask permission to use my photos and even offered to purchase some, by way of compensation. I am more than happy to contribute an

Just for the record, I contacted @erdb @MaxHugen @doroxand @weta27asked if they were happy me using images or graphs etc. I always try to credit them in the video and in the description as agreed.  I

I want to thank all the amazing people I had the pleasure to meet here on Sailing Anarchy during this America's Cup. It's a huge list. Brits, Irish, Kiwis, fellow Italians, French, Dutch, Americans, C

Posted Images

Just now, The Advocate said:

The first 8:20 of that is some of the best footage I have ever seen of Cindy.

She needs Prada desperately 

14 minutes ago, veritas said:

Facts bro. Couldn't give a fuck 

This is a sailing form. Take your racist, misogynistic shit elsewhere! 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, veritas said:

She needs Prada desperately 

Repeat.  Go somewhere else to have these discussions.  You bring New Zealand into disrepute.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2
31 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

I think  a boat has this, I think this sailor is better than this person, I think that team has more money, I think this is unfair, I think the boat has done 62 kn, I think this boat sucks up wind, I think that boat has herbie, 

it’s been  like it forever. 

Exactly.

But ACE and many in this forum took it further: I think this team is unsporting; I think this person has no honor; I think this team has no respect for the fans ecc. 

Then they are all "calm the fuck down" when there is a strong reaction to those kind of statements!

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, sosoomii said:

If it wasn’t safe the govt guidelines wouldn’t permit sport in L2, which they explicitly do.

On the proviso that there are no gatherings of over 100 (i.e. no crowds).  This was flagged by the government as a concern in the Prada Cup discussions and ACE was not able to give them absolute assurances it wouldn't be an issue hence the delay request.  Ironically, as it turns out LR's actions ended up justifying the concern as they reportedly had more than 100 on base for the final race with no social distancing in breach of the Level 2 protocols.  If the AC racing goes ahead in Level 2 next week there will be very explicit instructions from the government to the teams to follow the rules.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, sfigone said:

Exactly.

But ACE and many in this forum took it further: I think this team is unsporting; I think this person has no honor; I think this team has no respect for the fans ecc. 

Then they are all "calm the fuck down" when there is a strong reaction to those kind of statements!

Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Rhumline said:

This is a sailing form. Take your racist, misogynistic shit elsewhere! 

Welly that figures. Enlighten me with your prediction for the AC then. BTW you don't have too post the same thing twice.........why does everyone in Welly get angry with facts? Oh that's right they all work for Cindy

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, veritas said:

Welly that figures. Enlighten me with your prediction for the AC then. BTW you don't have too post the same thing twice.........why does everyone in Welly get angry with facts? Oh that's right they all work for Cindy

You down voted me for suggesting Cindy wear Prada? She would look fabulous and hey guess what they use NZ merino wool. But hey lets not get carried away with fact....

2 minutes ago, Woolfy said:

Prove it then

That the guy who caused the AKL lockdown? Really don't you watch the news in NZ? Fuck do we have "fake news" in NZ now?

56 minutes ago, kiwin said:

And it's likely at least 20% higher in both cases. Excess deaths are 20-30 % higher than these numbers. The vast majority of these deaths can only be Covid.

The reality is we have no idea what numbers are right and what are wrong. What we do know is that in the UK there way of counting a covid death is weird to say the least. I personally know one chap that was decapitated under a lorry wile on his bike. Now he might well have had covid, but I ask you do you think he died of it? I will let you guess what the death certificate says. 

1 minute ago, Status quo said:

The reality is we have no idea what numbers are right and what are wrong. What we do know is that in the UK there way of counting a covid death is weird to say the least. I personally know one chap that was decapitated under a lorry wile on his bike. Now he might well have had covid, but I ask you do you think he died of it? I will let you guess what the death certificate says. 

Well it is 26 in NZ, all with pre-conditions. As for the lorry and the bike, heart attack when he saw the wheel about to take his head off?

10 minutes ago, veritas said:

That the guy who caused the AKL lockdown? Really don't you watch the news in NZ? Fuck do we have "fake news" in NZ now?

The news reported that this particular case was a young male student who lives in south Auckland... you've immediately stereotyped him with racist undertones.

If you're too thick to understand that then perhaps you should consider sending your device back to the retailer.

11 minutes ago, Status quo said:

Yep, has been quite a bit of that going on. Perhaps the lorry driver had COVID and they figured that running the cyclist over was transmission....

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Woolfy said:

The news reported that this particular case was a young male student who lives in south Auckland... you've immediately stereotyped him with racist undertones.

If you're too thick to understand that then perhaps you should consider sending your device back to the retailer.

Princess I am sure life on Waiheke is beautiful. i suggest you spend some time at night in Sth Auckland in Otara, Papatoetoe, Manukau, Otahuhu, Papakura, Wiri, Manurewa and see what really happens in Sth Akl before you call me a racist. Sure they are not all PI or Maori but get off your fucking high horse and spend a night there. Family of mine work there as police officers so let's just say my information is a bit more factual and realistic. Have a great Covid free evening (why don't you stop the ferrries and then you are guaranteed to be safe and save a natural treasure of NZ, Brad Butterworth stay alive from this lethal flu?)

4 minutes ago, veritas said:

Princess I am sure life on Waiheke is beautiful. i suggest you spend some time at night in Sth Auckland in Otara, Papatoetoe, Manukau, Otahuhu, Papakura, Wiri, Manurewa and see what really happens in Sth Akl before you call me a racist. Sure they are not all PI or Maori but get off your fucking high horse and spend a night there. Family of mine work there as police officers so let's just say my information is a bit more factual and realistic. Have a great Covid free evening (why don't you stop the ferrries and then you are guaranteed to be safe and save a natural treasure of NZ, Brad Butterworth stay alive from this lethal flu?)

Fuck off and milk the cows. If it is south Auckland, must be a PI....... racist cunt. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2
16 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

Yep, has been quite a bit of that going on. Perhaps the lorry driver had COVID and they figured that running the cyclist over was transmission....

Nah heart attack when the guy saw the truck coming........

Just now, JJD said:

Fuck off and milk the cows. If it is south Auckland, must be a PI....... racist cunt. 

Dried them off yesterday. Bro just to make you happy he was white, middle class family in a average priced AKL house (4th most expensive city in the world). like I said I know more than you do simply because family members work there.

12 minutes ago, veritas said:

Dried them off yesterday. Bro just to make you happy he was white, middle class family in a average priced AKL house (4th most expensive city in the world). like I said I know more than you do simply because family members work there.

You must know me so well. 

36 minutes ago, Woolfy said:

Sorry to ask the simple question but did they tell you how this young man managed to catch it as the impression is that its all under control in NZ.

Just now, The Advocate said:

This is probably the reason you lot can only scrape up one defending syndicate, just sayin....

Well that's better than you lot did. Last attempt didn't even get to the start line. Bondy was a long time ago. Just Sayin':D

• Like 1
7 hours ago, jaysper said:

I don't think ACE violated anything.

Malibu Cindy and her bunch of merry fuckwits have sent Jaffaland to level 3 so racing can't happen without the aforementioned exemption.

I have no idea what that means.  Didn’t the agreed upon rules have contingencies for racing in Level 2 & 3?

1 minute ago, Status quo said:

Sorry to ask the simple question but did they tell you how this young man managed to catch it as the impression is that its all under control in NZ.

No that's the problem, nobody knows where it came from. Probably from the current cluster based on genome. But it means there's other unknown cases that were intermediaries. Plus they went all over Auckland while infectious with the UK variant. So it's serious stuff. Contact tracing is in overdrive but people are fucking lazy and don't sign in with their phone and won't answer tracing calls. Same as the rest of the world I'm afraid. So sport is not really a priority here right now if there's any risk. 

6 minutes ago, Status quo said:

If the authorities knew, we wouldn't be in this fucking Level-3 lockdown!!

54 minutes ago, Status quo said:

The reality is we have no idea what numbers are right and what are wrong. What we do know is that in the UK there way of counting a covid death is weird to say the least

There are no bulletproof methods of counting the Covid deaths. The excess deaths are probably the best measure. Inevitably there will be a few deaths in there that are not Covid but they will be a small percentage.

7 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

Well that's better than you lot did. Last attempt didn't even get to the start line. Bondy was a long time ago. Just Sayin':D

You wouldn't be here without what Bondy did, just sayin', doesn't matter how long ago it was.

2 minutes ago, kiwin said:

There are no bulletproof methods of counting the Covid deaths. The excess deaths are probably the best measure. Inevitably there will be a few deaths in there that are not Covid but they will be a small percentage.

Bullshit.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, kiwin said:

Sadly I also know of a few that have been sent to an end of life Hospice and again they may well have had Covid but if you have terminal cancer and are sent to a hospice to die is it right to be classed as a Covid death ? And just to be clear Covid is real and not very nice my family and a lot of friends have had it, but from what I have seen its not the apocalypse  that the media would have you believe. My ex girlfriend's father was sent to hospital last month as they thought he was about to die, he is 92. They managed to give him Covid and he has fought it of and won.    

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Indio said:

If the authorities knew, we wouldn't be in this fucking Level-3 lockdown!!

Thanks for the clarification. Douse this not suggest that the narrative that NZ is effectively Covid free is fanciful ? Please ask lots of questions of your leaders believe nothing they or the press tell you with out doing proper research first, its the only hope we all have of regaining some sort of normality in our life's.   

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, kiwin said:

So what do you attribute the excess deaths to einstein?

Einstein has a capital E you racist cunt.

Things other than COVID obviously, you really don't need to be Newton to have that apple drop on your head to work that one out.

Possibly because the COVID industry is getting payouts that make it financially beneficial to their business to sign a death certificate COVID rather than say, fell off a cliff or had 2 lots of cancer and also got pneumonia. Perhaps because it is politically expedient and politicians are using it to look effective.

• Like 1

The idea that a single country/island can achieve or preserve ZeroCOVID in a global pandemic is highly ideological and can only lead to completely excessive and totalitarian measures. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, kiwin said:

Here in Victoria, Australia...I have heard that any death in a nursing home is recorded as COVID.  There are significant $$$$ to claim for “COVID cleaning” from Dictator Dan, so the nursing homes are grabbing as much as they can.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
13 minutes ago, kiwin said:

It's amazing logic. How do the excess deaths relate to alleged scamming of death classification?

You can be sure that there are lots of deaths attributed to anything but Covid that are actually C19 deaths. Especially during the first wave bodies that did not die in a hospital got no postmortem test, so the deaths in care or nursing homes did not find their way into the statistic. This might be better now, at least in countries that are not overwhelmed with cases.

13 minutes ago, kiwin said:

It's amazing logic. How do the excess deaths relate to alleged scamming of death classification?

In a recent statistical study it was revealed that 89% of all statics are bollocks. Yes there are deaths from Covid and yes there will be excess deaths but I'd wager my life the number is nowhere near what we are told. If they were really concerned would they let so many go to work? At best level 3 will slow transmission at worst its an enforced social restriction on your liberty's and freedom. 

2 hours ago, Status quo said:

Sadly I also know of a few that have been sent to an end of life Hospice and again they may well have had Covid but if you have terminal cancer and are sent to a hospice to die is it right to be classed as a Covid death ? And just to be clear Covid is real and not very nice my family and a lot of friends have had it, but from what I have seen its not the apocalypse  that the media would have you believe. 

I'm just amazed how some cannot distinguish between personal experience and wider reality. It's great that your family didn't suffer badly from the Covid virus, but that doesn't mean that nobody has. Here in Italy, they literally needed to call in the army to truck out the bodies that were stacking up in some towns. In areas where intensive care was overwhelmed, if you were too old, then the ambulance would not take you to hospital and leave you to die.

But in my region it was not like that, only a few cases and 1 or 2 deaths near by... but amazingly i am able to realize that just because I'm ok, it doesn't mean that others are the same..

NZ is doing the right thing. Far better to have a strict lockdown and go for zero cases than to let it get out and risk it going exponential. Sure only a few % would die, but that would be many many people.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, The Advocate said:

You wouldn't be here without what Bondy did, just sayin', doesn't matter how long ago it was.

Ha ha! Never assume, it makes an ass out of you. & me? Well no! I am not a Kiwi. to Give you a clue my fellow countryman was the first truly great America's Cup skipper. He had to become a naturalised American but he definitely wasn't a Kiwi. 

And what the hell has Alan Bond got to do with the current holder of The Cup? And haven't the Kiwis done something you Aussies were unable to do? You know, successfully defend the cup. ;) Just winding you up.

2 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

Ha ha! Never assume, it makes an ass out of you. & me? Well no! I am not a Kiwi. to Give you a clue my fellow countryman was the first truly great America's Cup skipper. He had to become a naturalised American but he definitely wasn't a Kiwi. 

And what the hell has Alan Bond got to do with the current holder of The Cup? And haven't the Kiwis done something you Aussies were unable to do? You know, successfully defend the cup. ;) Just winding you up.

Cool story bro.

10 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

That was certainly not one of Jimmy Spithill's best starts!

IIRC, NZ won almost every race when they reached the first mark in the lead?

Yeah sounds about right mate :)

1 hour ago, sfigone said:

Far better to have a strict lockdown and go for zero cases than to let it get out and risk it going exponential. 

Almost sounds like something Hitler would have said about the Jewish.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, The Advocate said:

Ok, i am convinced now.

You are a complete and utter fuckwit.

So the Financial Times has said that in the UK 116,000 people have died in excess of the average over a similar period average for the previous 5 years. What did they die of?

4 hours ago, Rushman said:

Here in Victoria, Australia...I have heard that any death in a nursing home is recorded as COVID.  There are significant $$$$ to claim for “COVID cleaning” from Dictator Dan, so the nursing homes are grabbing as much as they can.

Not to forget that we don't have flue deaths this years, so the number of deaths given by the journos is pure bullshit for gullibles.

That said, there is an excess mortality rate for some countries but negligible at the world level.

image.thumb.png.90b0ed17953a9a96bad9b4ecb272e355.png

14 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Not to forget that we don't have flue deaths this years, so the number of deaths given by the journos is pure bullshit for gullibles.

That said, there is an excess mortality rate for some countries but negligible at the world level.

The Economist has a lot of detailed data by week and country at https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Worldometers also has been gathering data by country since Covid began, at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Personally I don't think that in excess of 2.5m deaths so far is negligible.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Status quo said:

6 hours ago, kiwin said:

Here is one synthesys of the total  death count for the UK, for the past 5 years (find it here)
image.png.64a7676f119026078da251de8beda01d.png

One may think that lorries went into a killing spree lately. That does not seem to be case though.

A more detailed view and statistically refined view (from here)

charts-z-scores-by-country.png

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

The Economist has a lot of detailed data by week and country at https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/coronavirus-excess-deaths-tracker

Worldometers also has been gathering data by country since Covid began, at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

As said before the 2,5 M figure is not valid as it includes a lot of other causes, it also does not specify that we did not have the flu victims this year. A better indicator is the excess mortality rate, which is real in some countries at some period of time, but minor on a year basis at the world level.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tornado-Cat said:

As said before the 2,5 M figure is not valid as it includes a lot of other causes, it also does not specify that we did not have the flu victims this year. A better indicator is the excess mortality rate, which is real in some countries at some period of time, but minor on a year basis at the world level.

Where does your information come from?

To make any significant reduction of that number would require the collusion of a huge number of doctors, hospitals, mortuaries etc etc etc.

1 hour ago, kiwin said:

So the Financial Times has said that in the UK 116,000 people have died in excess of the average over a similar period average for the previous 5 years. What did they die of?

52 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

I don't think Tornado-Cat and The Advocate realize the thing they're wearing is a tinfoil hat, not a crown. Nothing to be proud of. I promised myself not to bother with this, there is an old Spanish proverb "He who washes an asses head loses both his time and the soap", but (to quote the Advocate here) fuckwits just like them are the reason why we're looking at a bodycount of half a million here in the states. I don't know where the rot started, maybe a failure in the school system to provide critical thinking skills and understanding of basic science literacy, but here we are. Documenting one's sources, not bothering with sentences that are constructed of "I've heard" + any convenient anecdote buttressing one's argument, none of this matters to this crowd. I am envious of NZ for having a government, however imperfect at times it may be, that actually gives a shit about the safety of all, and applies the best available knowledge to address the problem. Here in the US of A we lacked this element these past four years, all the while the tinfoil hat crowd was worked to a froth by the ignoranus-in-chief. 

I assume we're all sailors here, and some amount of critical thinking, knowledge of physics, and a certain scientific mindset goes a long way in helping us go around faster around a race course or get us safely across oceans. How about it T-C and TA? Apply that part of your brain to the pandemic issues as well? 

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" 

-Voltaire

• Like 8

Many of my family and friends are medical. This pisses me off mightily. The risks taken by sensible people on behalf of ungrateful fuckwits. One friend, a doctor has had six of her colleagues die in the last ten months. They weren't killed by a conspiracy theory.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Rhumline said:

Repeat.  Go somewhere else to have these discussions.  You bring New Zealand into disrepute.

NZ is already disreputable.

Don't believe the Cindy Spin.

Testing and tracking is fucked due to cindy's soft hands off approach.

They haven't found the source due to above.

The economy is fucked

Immunization is the slowest in the world despite her promises we will be first.

The rule breakers continue due to the re starting of  home isolation...   Remember we stopped that practice due to idiots breaking the rule.

Cindy's virtual signaling needs to be followed up with action... Not re action.

And the blinded masses keep following the pied piper down the drain!!!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
24 minutes ago, kiwin said:

Many of my family and friends are medical. This pisses me off mightily. The risks taken by sensible people on behalf of ungrateful fuckwits. One friend, a doctor has had six of her colleagues die in the last ten months. They weren't killed by a conspiracy theory.

I'm very sorry to hear that.

24 minutes ago, kiwin said:

They didn't die in NZ either...   Nobody has for 6 months and nobody has been hospitalized either...

The border should be closed and tough bikkies if you miss out for the time being.

• Downvote 2
22 minutes ago, Baconator said:

NZ is already disreputable.

Don't believe the Cindy Spin.

Testing and tracking is fucked due to cindy's soft hands off approach.

They haven't found the source due to above.

The economy is fucked

Immunization is the slowest in the world despite her promises we will be first.

The rule breakers continue due to the re starting of  home isolation...   Remember we stopped that practice due to idiots breaking the rule.

Cindy's virtual signaling needs to be followed up with action... Not re action.

And the blinded masses keep following the pied piper down the drain!!!

Hmm. I'll just substitute Boris/Angela/Donald/du jour Italian prime minister etc. etc.for Cindy in your list, and add a BODY COUNT IN THE TENS/HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS!  After doing that, your problems look not so big...

Just now, Barnyb said:

Also there is a new Mozzy vid looking at the LR boom.

I'll let Mozzy post it.

LR boom? So her popularity is rising worldwide at last? ;)

FFS, I never said COVID wasn't an issue. The context of what I was saying is that more deaths are being attributed to it than are actually COVID deaths. That is the context I was responding to with excess deaths.

When governments give financial incentives to report a specific medical condition, what the fuck do you think is going to happen?

46 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Also there is a new Mozzy vid looking at the LR boom.

I'll let Mozzy post it.

Weren't those photos posted on here a week or more ago?

He is getting quite clickbaity, must be the sponsors on the wall.

7 hours ago, Status quo said:

In a recent statistical study it was revealed that 89% of all statics are bollocks.

That means that that very study is almost 90% bullshit? this means it had like a 11% reliability.
Beware: numbers are subtle enemies... :D

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

He hasn’t  referenced Hitler yet so he is still a good way ahead of you..

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

The Pirelli video was last thursday. But, the weekend I like to focus on the racing. Ideally this would have been done on Monday... but I had to go away with work all last week. Sail plan videos were all pre-recorded so came out first, then I covered this.

However, whilst it's been discussed here, I don't see much in other media. And there's lots of people out there who don't browse this forum, so I thought it was still worthy of a video. I have a day job... I wonder what all the other media's excuse it for not mentioning it?

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1
3 hours ago, MaxHugen said:

Where does your information come from?

To make any significant reduction of that number would require the collusion of a huge number of doctors, hospitals, mortuaries etc etc etc.

Worldometers is a very trustable source, however they compile the information from the different countries. There is no conspiration or collusion, simply that a lot hospitals consider that a person dying from something with the covid died of covid, even if they had it before.

You  would have to deduct the number of persons who dy of the flu that did not happen this year.

Both factors are significant and explain why the excess mortality rate is a better measure.

Today was originally 120 hours from ‘the first scheduled race day’ and so the measurement freeze is/was due. I see a few posts above about this, but has it been determined yet (and agreed to yet by the teams) if the Measurement deadline is being (indefinitely) extended? Is ‘first scheduled race date’ a term they agree to change, wrt this? 

What if one team measures in today, but the other does not? 

7 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Today was originally 120 hours from ‘the first scheduled race day’ and so the measurement freeze is/was due. I see a few posts above about this, but has it been determined yet (and agreed to yet by the teams) if the Measurement deadline is being (indefinitely) extended? Is ‘first scheduled race date’ a term they agree to change, wrt this? 

What if one team measures in today, but the other does not? 

You imagine common sense will prevail and that ACE will have discussed with both teams and come to some kind of agreement that 120 hours will now start from 10th.

It might not be public information unless someone asks in an interview

• Like 1
11 hours ago, veritas said:

Lived and worked there for nigh on 5 years.

• Like 1