13 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Mikey and Cristoforo are making just about the worst argument ever seen on PA . . 

Congress critters in fact spend a majority of their time on national and international issues - 

from Iran peace deals (such as they are) to Benghazi to min wage to new deals (green and otherwise) to M4A 

to disaster relief all over the country and world . . lessee, and telecommunications to banking to hedge funds to infrastructure 

and much much else. 

Constituent service is very important, but is almost entirely done by staff. 

Somebody raises $ two million to help out and gets beat up for it - so typical of the Reich. 

It's pretty irritating that we should be beating up on Cruz, but got distracted by stupid 

Isn't this the point where you declare that I'm actually a Nazi for suggesting that a NYC politician should focus her efforts on NYC?

Come on, scro, let's hear you drop the "Reich" you still have it, don't you?

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to be clear. In January, Texas Republicans introduced a bill to secede from the United States. Yesterday, the Texas governor and both senators (including Ted Cruz) asked Biden f

A Houston furniture store opened its doors as a refuge. Thousands came for help. Feb. 18, 2021, 10:33 a.m. ETFeb. 18, 2021 Feb. 18, 2021 By Christine Hauser  

At least AOC is doing something for people in need. Good for her! You are a person that is throwing rocks at someone that is helping. Really? Have you thought that through? Here in NY we have had a ho

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, mikewof said:

And I used to know a guy like you at my office, he ended up getting a job that pays $70,000/year for sitting on his ass and marking photographs from digital cameras into a database. He had 10 hiring points, and they needed to fill the seat with as many points as possible, so there he is, essentially doing what a a script could do with probably a half-day's worth of coding.

If they could have found someone with 15 points, that person would have had the job instead of him.

Keep typing Mike.  Sooner or later you will have something insiteful to contribute.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Here is an update on that terrible person . .   How dare she ?? 

Showing the @Dog’s of the world what real leadership looks like.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mikewof said:

And now she expanded both her track and her brand to Texas.

Correct. She has positioned herself perfectly for the next response to the next pendulum swing. If Biden knocks it out of the park on covid and the economy recovers quickly enough, there’s a real chance the senate goes +10 dems in 2022, and the Democratic Party has the luxury of fighting themselves for the future of the party in power. If the progressive wing wins before republicans figure out some unbeatable new voter suppression tactic, AOC could be the first female prez of the usanians

1 minute ago, mikewof said:

Would you recognize insight that wasn't delivered to you in a liquor bottle?

It's time you put the liquor bottle down Mike.  You won't find any insight in there.

Texas power grid disaster shows Lone Star state's bravado is responsible for its mess

Over days of extreme frigid temperatures and cascading power outages that left over 4 million Texans in the dark, without heat and water and a shrinking food supply, no one was able to offer the state’s 29 million people a timeline on when exactly power, water and heat would be restored and the deep-freeze disaster end.

“Every source of power the state of Texas has access to has been compromised,” Gov. Greg Abbott said, blaming the unaptly named Electric Reliability Council of Texas for the disaster and demanding an investigation, which is the least that should be done.

Outraged Texans haven’t been silent. Many are faulting him and his Republican government for failing to warn them that power would be out for days just as the state faced historic low temperatures — not for some 70 years has anything like this been visited on the state. Buildings and homes aren’t insulated against cold weather. Salted streets and plows that are ordinary sights in northern climates are rare in Texas.

“It was clarifying,” a former Ohio resident told the Texas Tribune, “because now we know when things hit the fan, we’re in it alone.”

That reality explains how this could this happen here; how thenation’s No. 1 energy-producing state couldn’t produce enough power to keep its people safe and warm. There are lots of details and contributing factors, but the bottom line is that the state’s famously independent attitude and secessionist tendency have created a human-made disaster on top of a natural one.

As much as Texans love to boast of their independent spirit and long history of standing up to adversity, even as part of the United States, the Lone Star State has been oddly helpless this week. “Don’t Mess with Texas,’’ a slogan originally designed for an anti-litter campaign but perfectly molded to a place renowned and mocked for boisterous bragging, has been messed with.

One of the legacies of this past is a conservative, gun-toting culture in which state leaders cling to climate denial and Republicans try to turn this disaster into an uncivil climate culture war even though their actions were the main contributors to what we’ve been experiencing.Experts blame the system’s initial collapse onlegislators and state agencies who ignored or played down warnings from climate scientists and previous storms, as well as those concerning its deregulated power system.

4 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Correct. She has positioned herself perfectly for the next response to the next pendulum swing. If Biden knocks it out of the park on covid and the economy recovers quickly enough, there’s a real chance the senate goes +10 dems in 2022, and the Democratic Party has the luxury of fighting themselves for the future of the party in power. If the progressive wing wins before republicans figure out some unbeatable new voter suppression tactic, AOC could be the first female prez of the usanians

Maybe. We could do worse, for sure.

Now if only we could have the level of strategy and branding with putting roofs over the heads of all Americans, then we might actually get somewhere genuinely new.

2 minutes ago, Teener said:

It's time you put the liquor bottle down Mike.  You won't find any insight in there.

That liquor bottle is the only way for those who interact with you to numb the pain of coming into contact with a human who has the intellect of a paper plate.

5 minutes ago, mikewof said:

That liquor bottle is the only way for those who interact with you to numb the pain of coming into contact with a human who has the intellect of a paper plate.

Mike, you're supposed to drink is contents not insert it in your anus.

Like a cat who tires of a toy.  I'm done with you for a while Mike.  Take your time, sober up, and please try to come up with something at least a little bit witty.

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

She's a wonderful representative, my sister lives in her district. And as you may have noticed, there is an overwhelming problem of homelessness in her district as public services that barely make the lives of the homeless even mildly livable, have been shut down.

Whatever is happening is Texas is being sorted out, and those people with homes are again getting power and water and food and all the other hallmarks of life there. Plus, Houston and Austin are miles ahead of NYC in their response to homelessness, they approach the problems with holistic solutions that NYC could do well to emulate. By the end of next week, there will be some Texans with water damage from broken pipes, and for the most part, they will all have power, water, food and a roof over their head. And the homeless in NYC will still be stabbed nightly with bitter cold, and without even a grain of what those folks had in Texas during the worst of it.

I get it, some here are unable to critique their own because their political attention is a binary kind of thing. But Ocasio-Cortez really plans to take her national ambitions to the highest levels, then she should solve the problems in her own district first and for her own constituents first. I would very much like it if she rose to the highest levels, but how do you see that as more likely to happen? If she jumps onto whatever flavor of the day gets her name in the newspapers, or if she focuses on the real and unignorable problems for her constituency and shows that she can be part of the future solutions?

Ultimately Frenchy, what's the difference between the people of Texas and the homeless in the Bronx and Queens?

The people of Texas were thrust into this temporary problem because they chose leaders who put the desires of a form of Texas Nationalism above the health, safety and comfort of the people. But the homeless in the Bronx and Queens, they have been suffering in this mess for months, years, and in some cases, lifetimes. We don't notice them for the same reason a dog doesn't see a perfectly still giant fucking jackrabbit in front of its face, because evolution has only given that animal the ability to recognize the jackrabbit when it moves.  We don't see these miserable homeless people because they have been miserable for so long that we no longer see it as a problem that needs repair.

https://archive.curbed.com/2020/1/29/21112405/aoc-squad-peoples-housing-platform-congress-legislation-housing

https://archive.curbed.com/2019/9/25/20882120/aoc-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-just-society-legislation-housing

Has Cruz put forward any proposals, in all his years on the scene, to help homeless people get housing? 

1 minute ago, frenchie said:

Has Cruz ever done anything to help anyone who's not in a position to help him?

46 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Maybe. We could do worse, for sure.

Now if only we could have the level of strategy and branding with putting roofs over the heads of all Americans, then we might actually get somewhere genuinely new.

Branding isn’t about accomplishments. It’s about the appearance of accomplishments. Sometimes they are the same. 

On 2/17/2021 at 4:48 PM, hasher said:
On 2/17/2021 at 4:44 PM, mikewof said:

Do you? Have you spent a few days or weeks at a sewage processing plant? It's complicated work.

I was amazed at one, they had 55 gallon barrels of granular activated carbon and some upstream sensors that detected anything in the water that could potentially harm the microorganisms in their digester beds. When the alarm went off, they had a few minutes to throw the GAC into the stream to adsorb things like nickel and pesticides to protect their single-cell employees.

Sewage processing is probably the single biggest reason for me not to complain about taxes. What's your take on it?

I flush it.

Who'd have guessed,  Wofsey is an expert on shit. :lol:

On 2/17/2021 at 5:06 PM, d'ranger said:

So living in a metro area with millions of people a bunch of whom have no power or water? Civilization can break down.  And when the power goes out so does the internet including on cell service. Before the storm hit the county judge Lina Hidalgo warned of what was coming comparing it to a cat 5 hurricane and the yeehaws were chortling. Not so much now, of course it's all the fault of AOC and her GND.

This is much different than a hurricane - instead of heat it's just f'ning cold and the roads are just f'ed up.  And instead of roofers and tree guys its the plumbers who will be working for weeks to repair all the busted pipes.  Too late now but investing in Generac would have been good, have several friends with them and they are islands of refuge in the storm. 

Our power is back on, pipes unfrozen and for the moment am feeling very special, and not the short bus kind.

edit: the word is don't get comfortable because there isn't enough to go around so power can go away again,  so sez Mz Lick Triciety

What's the gun ownership ratio there again? and have there been any reported issues?

7 minutes ago, Keith said:

image.thumb.png.edda6aff43408afaf613058e37f13265.png

The guy's 10 years younger than me, but looks 10 years older (Even with the plaits). He claims that he weighs 30lbs. less than me, but looks 40lbs. heavier. At least he admits to being only 5'10", If he claimed 6'2" I'd have to call him a bullshitter.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Branding isn’t about accomplishments. It’s about the appearance of accomplishments. Sometimes they are the same. 

Do you think this is a good future for progressivism? A well-constructed publicity package that manages to get a whole lot of nothing done, but gives the appearance of moving mountains?

I'm not a New Yorker, but I had two daughters that were born there, two sisters that live there, and I lived there for about twelve years. That there are so many homeless people literally within a stones throw of some of the wealthiest people on Earth, is not any kind of social justice, it's social injustice.

If "winning" means having to shitcan actual attention to actual problems and instead focus on appearances and what plays to the opinion polls, is that any kind of winning?

Howabout we vote for people who solve actual problems, actually advance our economy in a measurable way, actually reduce institutional racism, increase education, reduce homelessness, and do all the boring things like fixing broken infrastructure?

The alternative is a Democratic party that increasingly becomes indistinguishable from the Republican party ... G.W. Bush dropped bombs on brown people by remote control, Obama dropped bombs on brown people by remote control, Trump dropped bombs on brown people by remote control, and now Biden is off to dropping bombs on brown people by remote control.

Yeah, I get it, you write that "nobody cares." So is this "winning" to you, politics without ethics, as long as our guys and gals win? And eventually our lack of morality and our lack of interest in things that don't generate the "appearance of accomplishments" will it come back at us? Link.

1 hour ago, Teener said:

Like a cat who tires of a toy.  I'm done with you for a while Mike.  Take your time, sober up, and please try to come up with something at least a little bit witty.

You lost the butterfly when you started to swat at grammar.

1 hour ago, frenchie said:

I don't follow Cruz's career, he's a Republican in Texas. I doubt that he's done much of anything for the homeless, he's a Republican in Texas. But having a strong economy is part of the recipe to work at the problem, as Houston and Austin have demonstrated.

Given that, what does Cruz have to do with the homeless problem in NYC? I imagine, about the same thing Ocasio-Cortez has to do with an electrical supply problem in Texas.

But we aren't allowed to critique fellow progressives, lest A.J. and Steamer accuse us of being secret agents of Conservative disruption, hell-bent to use our Nazi wiles to disrupt everything those two fucknuts have accomplished.

5 minutes ago, mikewof said:

I don't follow Cruz's career, he's a Republican in Texas. I doubt that he's done much of anything for the homeless, he's a Republican in Texas. But having a strong economy is part of the recipe to work at the problem, as Houston and Austin have demonstrated.

Given that, what does Cruz have to do with the homeless problem in NYC? I imagine, about the same thing Ocasio-Cortez has to do with an electrical supply problem in Texas.

But we aren't allowed to critique fellow progressives, lest A.J. and Steamer accuse us of being secret agents of Conservative disruption, hell-bent to use our Nazi wiles to disrupt everything those two fucknuts have accomplished.

Comparing what Cruz hasn't done for homeless people in NYC to what AOC has done to raise money for winter storm victims in Tx. is about the stupidest tactic you've tried to my recollection.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Comparing what Cruz hasn't done for homeless people in NYC to what AOC has done to raise money for winter storm victims in Tx. is about the stupidest tactic you've tried to my recollection.

Surely you jest.  That attention whore from the former part of Mexico loves and loves and loves his daughters.  He loves them so much he will throw them under the bus.

Where is NYC and why does it matter?

2 hours ago, Teener said:

@mad - just assume everyone is carrying, so far the fallout is mostly road rage

@ Teener                                               this is only way to deal with our Unaposter   If you are bored enough to engage it's not necessary to quote him or even mention, he's everywhere. Knows all Sees All Hears All Bees All  kasahaba: i just made that up. Likely a deep meaning attached and am sure mikey will be happy to explain it.

You've chosen to ignore content by mikewof. Options

1 minute ago, hasher said:

Surely you jest.  That attention whore from the former part of Mexico loves and loves and loves his daughters.  He loves them so much he will throw them under the bus.

Where is NYC and why does it matter?

It's one of those liberal elite cities on one of the coasts.... I think a recent resident of the White house lived there for a while before he ran off to Florida to avoid taxes, and law suits...

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

It's one of those liberal elite cities on one of the coasts.... I think a recent resident of the White house lived there for a while before he ran off to Florida to avoid taxes, and law suits...

I'm always happy to get an education.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

When the magnetic poles last flipped Neanderthals died out.  Today they are on the move again.  Could the same thing happen to Texans?  Its an interesting question.  
https://www.businessinsider.com/neanderthal-extinction-earth-magnetic-poles-flip-climate-change-2021-2

Neanderthals' genes are lurking.  Check out yourself and your wife.  Let the children take a pass.

41 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

When the magnetic poles last flipped Neanderthals died out.  Today they are on the move again.  Could the same thing happen to Texans?  Its an interesting question.  
https://www.businessinsider.com/neanderthal-extinction-earth-magnetic-poles-flip-climate-change-2021-2

It’s the arrogant “grow the  economy imperative” attitude towards poisoning/polluting and degrading the planet that is Neanderthal....

3 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

So could a parakeet. 

Its a shame Texas doesn't have a Congresswoman that knows how to do a GoFundme  and stand in front of a camera  

2 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

So could a parakeet. 

Its a shame Texas doesn't have a Congresswoman that knows how to do a GoFundme  and stand in front of a camera  

Did the parakeet die?  Does that give you a fucking clue?

6 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

So could a parakeet. 

AOC volunteered at a food bank here after raising 3.2 mil.   What did you do today besides be a tiny prick?

5 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

AOC volunteered at a food bank here after raising 3.2 mil.   What did you do today besides be a tiny prick?

Is that chump change or a real person helping people?  Isn't it just awful when people help out?  How many votes in Texas are going to help her?  This is quite confusing to people.

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There’s always a tweet. When you flip flop with the political winds prepare to be embarrassed... IF you have any fucking shame. Wouldn’t it be easier to judge things by right and wrong than right and left?

D7126C62-A472-446F-8BA7-45D512F657A0.jpeg

As much as I loathe the asshole, and wish this were real - it's not.

Did Ted Cruz Tweet ‘I’ll Believe in Climate Change When Texas Freezes Over’?

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Tactic?

Do you read every sixth word? I pointed out the nonsense of comparing Cruz to Ocasio-Cortez, they have nothing to do with each other. And Cruz's abject failures have nothing to do with Ocasio-Cortez deciding that her political ambitions get to overwhelm her appointed responsibilities. Your "recollection" suggest that you should work on your reading comprehension.

Here, I'll try to break it down for you into a third-grade reading level ...

PA: Cruz shouldn't have gone to Mexico.

Mike: Agree, Cruz shouldn't have gone to Mexico.

PA: Cruz is neglecting his responsibilities to his constituents.

Mike: Agree, Cruz is neglecting his responsibilities to his constituents.

PA: Here's a bunch of stuff about Trump and Nazis.

Mike: Ocasio-Cortez doesn't serve the people of Texas, she should focus her efforts on homelessness in The Bronx and Queens.

PA: Wait, you're saying that Cruz is better than Ocasio-Cortez!

Mike: Uh, wait, what? I just said that Ocasio-Cortez should focus her efforts on people in her district who have had to live like the people in Texas for the last year.

PA: You said it again! You said that Cruz is better than Ocasio-Cortez! What as Cruz ever done for the homeless? You're a Trumptard and a Nazi. What has Cruz ever done for the homeless people?

Mike: The two have nothing to do with each other. What does Cruz have to do with the homeless problem in NYC? I imagine, about the same thing Ocasio-Cortez has to do with an electrical supply problem in Texas.

MrLeft8: That's the stupidest tactic!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

She's being paid by the people on NYC, not the people of Texas. And while you guys are suffering from this hell-forsaken catastrophe, homeless people in NYC are dropping like flies, and have been dropping like flies the entire time your state was trying to put Trump back in office and trying to force a government fist into women's bodies, and trying execute as many prisoners as you can get your hands on, and trying force Christianity into public curriculum.

So now your electricity is back, your houses are warm, life returns to normal in Texas, and for homeless people in the Bronx and Queens, they still don't have a roof over their head. Sorry, but there are some people who need that $3.2 million more than you know.

20 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

News for Mikey, Effective representation doesn't work in a bubble.

News for Meli ... the people of Texas don't pay for representation from NYC, nor are they represented by representatives from NYC. The people of Texas have their own representatives. And as long as she's doing anything other than representing the people of The Bronx and Queens, then she isn't demonstrating "effective representation" for the people who employ her.

That's a minor thing, I made a minor point, but some of my fellow lefties apparently can't stomach not being perfect 100% of the time, so they self-implode. As for you, given your endless fascination with all things American, perhaps you have some opinions regarding the homeless in NYC?

If she wants to go to Texas and volunteer, great! Go for it. She would take time off from her job, go down there and be a menssch. But that wasn't her purpose, was it? She turned it into a promotional tour.

2 minutes ago, mikewof said:

She's being paid by the people on NYC, not the people of Texas. 

You really don’t understand how this works, do you?

6 minutes ago, mikewof said:

She's being paid by the people on NYC, not the people of Texas. And while you guys are suffering from this hell-forsaken catastrophe, homeless people in NYC are dropping like flies, and have been dropping like flies the entire time your state was trying to put Trump back in office and trying to force a government fist into women's bodies, and trying execute as many prisoners as you can get your hands on, and trying force Christianity into public curriculum.

So now your electricity is back, your houses are warm, life returns to normal in Texas, and for homeless people in the Bronx and Queens, they still don't have a roof over their head. Sorry "duh-Ranger" there are some people who need that $3.2 million more than you know.

In addition to your Uber gasbaggery you are a world class prick.

8 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

You lack a sense of priorities, Mike.

Please clarify then ... how are people in Texas with homes, water, blankets, and food, somehow a higher priority for a NY Representative than people in NYC who have neither a pot in which to piss nor a roof over their head? Tonight, those people in Texas are sleeping in warm homes, and those homeless in NYC are shivering under fetid blankets, inside cardboard boxes, under stairway landings, on top of steam gratings, just as they have been all winter and will be for as long as helping them doesn't "reinforce the brand."

So please explain what I'm missing here in my "sense of priorities"?

7 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

In addition to your Uber gasbaggery you are a world class prick.

And your Gators suck worse than ever.

Thast notte BGaytore, Gastone hasse allotte moire foire thouht and charme.................                   :)

5 hours ago, frenchie said:

AOC is so bad at constituent services, that when an ex-republican ran as a Dem to primary her, she... won her primary by a huge margin.

People in her District hate her so much, that in the General election, she... won by a huge margin.

Huh.  Maybe Christoforo's a pathetic joke. 

No, he's a cunt.

So much so that he earned his own thread on that very thing.

News for Meli ... the people of Texas don't pay for representation from NYC, nor are they represented by representatives from NYC.

If she wants to go to Texas and volunteer, great! Go for it. But that wasn't her purpose, was it? She turned it into a promotional tour, paid for the by the people in her constituency.

Ah. Just another AOC hater then.

What's your own representative Perlmutter up to these days? Sitting quietly in Colorado when he's not in congress? working solely for the people of Colorado and their interests?

House Financial Services Chairwoman Maxine Waters announced her leadership team Tuesday, reshuffling assignments and naming two new subcommittee chairmen.

Jim Himes of Connecticut and Ed Perlmutter of Colorado will head the National Security, International Development and Monetary Policy Subcommittee and the Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions Subcommittee

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/01/26/waters-shakes-up-house-financial-services-subcommittee-chairs/

• Rep. Ed Perlmutter, D-CO, said he will once again push for the inclusion of cannabis banking protections in the latest coronavirus relief bill.

• Speaking to Yahoo Finance Live this week, the congressman said he plans to ask that the Secure and Fair Enforcement (SAFE) Banking Act be part of the next COVID reconciliation bill. "Whether it gets in there or not, we'll see how that works," said Perlmutter, adding he also plans to introduce the legislation as a stand-alone bill. 

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You really don’t understand how this works, do you?

Apparently not .

3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thast notte BGaytore, Gastone hasse allotte moire foire thouht and charme.................                   :)

It's Gator. He went to charm school in his quest to procreate.

Just now, mikewof said:

It's Gator. He went to charm school in his quest to procreate.

Mickey, withe alle do respectte, if you belieffe that, youre an idiottes toye.                         :)

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

The guy's 10 years younger than me, but looks 10 years older (Even with the plaits). He claims that he weighs 30lbs. less than me, but looks 40lbs. heavier. At least he admits to being only 5'10", If he claimed 6'2" I'd have to call him a bullshitter.

He's 20 years younger than me and looks older.

Or maybe he's just ugly.

1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

It’s the arrogant “perpetual economic growth” imperative that necessitates poisoning/polluting and degrading a finite planet that is Neanderthal....

Fixed it for myself.......

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Ah. Just another AOC hater then.

What's your own representative Perlmutter up to these days? Sitting quietly in Colorado when he's not in congress? working solely for the people of Colorado and their interests?

House Financial Services Chairwoman Maxine Waters announced her leadership team Tuesday, reshuffling assignments and naming two new subcommittee chairmen.

Jim Himes of Connecticut and Ed Perlmutter of Colorado will head the National Security, International Development and Monetary Policy Subcommittee and the Consumer Protection and Financial Institutions Subcommittee

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/01/26/waters-shakes-up-house-financial-services-subcommittee-chairs/

• Rep. Ed Perlmutter, D-CO, said he will once again push for the inclusion of cannabis banking protections in the latest coronavirus relief bill.

• Speaking to Yahoo Finance Live this week, the congressman said he plans to ask that the Secure and Fair Enforcement (SAFE) Banking Act be part of the next COVID reconciliation bill. "Whether it gets in there or not, we'll see how that works," said Perlmutter, adding he also plans to introduce the legislation as a stand-alone bill. 

Apparently not .

First off, I like Ocasio-Cortez quite a bit, she does a good job. My sister lives in her district.

As for Ed Perlmutter, he's doing the job he's supposed to do, he's representing his constituency in the national government, we collectively said that we want a change in the banking processes, so he's working on that. That's how representation works.

So now that you're getting an education in our process, in what way does Ocasio-Cortez represent her constituency in Texas? Did someone move our National Government to Texas when I was making pancakes? I guess you don't understand Meli, but the main reason Texas was without power is because they specifically didn't want to connect their state-wide grid to the rest of the country, the way every other state other than the island states/territories and parts of Alaska do.

So now Meli, can you explain why Texas should take priority over her own constituency other than her desires to spread "her brand" and position herself for The Presidency?

2 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Human adaptability is largely based on intelligence so it would appear that Texans are in serious danger of extinction in that event.

28 minutes ago, mikewof said:

So now your electricity is back, your houses are warm, life returns to normal in Texas, and for homeless people in the Bronx and Queens, they still don't have a roof over their head. Sorry, but there are some people who need that $3.2 million more than you know.

Guess again...

16-94 (December 20, 2019). Article I, Section 6, of the U.S. Constitution authorizes compensation for Members of Congress "ascertained by law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States." Adjustments are governed by the Ethics Reform Act of 1989 (2 U.S.C. §4501) and the 27th Amendment to the Constitution.

8 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Mickey, withe alle do respectte, if you belieffe that, youre an idiottes toye.                         :)

It's Gator. He popped back here right after B.J. wasn't around to chase him out anymore.

So now Meli, can you explain why Texas should take priority over her own constituency other than her desires to spread "her brand" and position herself for The Presidency?

It's Neighbor Day?:rolleyes:

Guess again...

16-94 (December 20, 2019). Article I, Section 6, of the U.S. Constitution authorizes compensation for Members of Congress "ascertained by law, and paid out of the Treasury of the United States." Adjustments are governed by the Ethics Reform Act of 1989 (2 U.S.C. §4501) and the 27th Amendment to the Constitution.

What? So by your logic, if I do work for the Environmental Protection Agency, and I get paid from the GSA using Treasury funds, then I was also just paid by the Pentagon? And by Congress?

Ocasio-Cortez works for her constituency, which is located in New York City and not in Texas.

It's Gator. He popped back here right after B.J. wasn't around to chase him out anymore.

Maybe you're Gator.... Ever consider that?

Trolling is a key descriptor....

Just now, mikewof said:

What? So by your logic, if I do work for the Environmental Protection Agency, and I get paid from the GSA using Treasury funds, then I was also just paid by the Pentagon? And by Congress?

Ocasio-Cortez works for her constituency, which is located in New York City and not in Texas.

No idiot. Every federal govt. employee is paid by every federal tax paying citizen, no matter where they live.

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

It's Neighbor Day?:rolleyes:

Translation; you have no answer, and your limited understanding of the government of a country that you principally live to insult, has apparently hit the same wall it tends to hit frequently.

And she's representing her NY constituency very well at the moment fundraising and helping other partners in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!. 

A refreshing change

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Maybe you're Gator.... Ever consider that?

Trolling is a key descriptor....

You're trolling right now.

Rather than justify a Representative from NYC pushing aside her responsibilities at home, you've alternatively decided to go after me. So maybe you're Gator ... Nah, you aren't amusing enough to be Gator.

4 minutes ago, mikewof said:
13 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ime sorrey to lette you no that ist notte Gastone, he ist a cruelle impostere.  Juste a cruelle tease.  I no that feelles ritte, butte idt notte.   :)

Just now, mikewof said:

You're trolling right now.

Rather than justify a Representative from NYC pushing aside her responsibilities at home, you've alternatively decided to go after me. So maybe you're Gator ... Nah, you aren't amusing enough to be Gator.

Who's said that she's ignoring her responsibilities at home? Aside from you, that is.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

And she's representing her NY constituency very well at the moment fundraising and helping other partners in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!. 

A refreshing change

If that was her job, that would be wonderful, but it's not.

If she did that as a private citizen, that would be wonderful, but she didn't.

A good portion of her NY Constituency is rotting in cells on Riker's Island, or is homeless, and has few if any accesses to city services with the COVID shutdown. It's often cold, wet and these people are suffering. And you find this a "refreshing change" because from your million dollar townhouse, how could the plight of these people possibly interest you?

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ime sorrey to lette you no that ist notte Gastone, he ist a cruelle impostere.  Juste a cruelle tease.  I no that feelles ritte, butte idt notte.   :)

If you're sure, I'll trust you on that.

But that just took away any nugget of curiosity that I had in him.

Just now, mikewof said:

A good portion of her NY Constituency is rotting in cells on Riker's Island, or is homeless, and has few if any accesses to city services with the COVID shutdown. It's often cold, wet and these people are suffering. And you find this a "refreshing change" because from your million dollar townhouse, how could the plight of these people possibly interest you?

And you know this, how?

Who's said that she's ignoring her responsibilities at home? Aside from you, that is.

If my job is to stuff french fries into bags, and my employer pays me to stuff french fries into bags, is that my job? Or is my job to fly across the country and become an advocate for the Napa Valley wine growers?

If you're sure, I'll trust you on that.

But that just took away any nugget of curiosity that I had in him.

Sorrey Buddey............             :)

And you know this, how?

Because that's her district. It includes Riker's Island, North Brother, South Brother, parts of The Bronx and parts of Queens.

I used to live in NYC, my sister still lives in her district, this is not secret knowledge. And the problem of homelessness in her district is not an abstract ignorable, it's pressing and it's real.

Translation; you have no answer, and your limited understanding of the government of a country that you principally live to insult, has apparently hit the same wall it tends to hit frequently.

But Mikey, wouldn't it be just wonderful if your precious neighbour day extended beyond helping those in your own little development to the whole state, the whole country, the wirld the universe and everything?

No? 

AOC is being a good representative, hands across the red/blue divide etc working WITH other female Texas Reps to alleviate the suffering of other Americans.

You object?

Maybe you simply one of those "charity begins at home" people.

But I'm curious about why you think AOC in particular should stick to her own district?

It's not as if other politicians don't seek a national profile is it?

7 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

If the Editor ever wants to halve the amount of storage space on servers, wiping out Mike's account would do it.

But then the giant red puss-filled extrusion that is your account wouldn't have anything to distract from it.

8 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

If the Editor ever wants to halve the amount of storage space on servers, wiping out Mike's account would do it.

But then the giant red puss-filled extrusion that is your account wouldn't have anything to distract from it.

Mickkey, dointe lashe outte, it dossente mattere.............              :)

7 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Oh the irony. 

Mikey. Why don't YOU MYOB and look out for the 3500 homeless in Denver?

Work to change the Laws there, 

I'm sure if you used the energy you spend here to work with these people, you'd solve the problem locally in a month

https://denverhomelessoutloud.org/myths-and-reality-of-homelessness/

Sigh.... If your job is to serve the people of the United States of America, and to represent the wishes of your district, then you do your job, even if that means flying out to Houston to help out people in need. Senator Cruz seems to think that being a "good dad" and flying himself, and his family and friends to Cancun, while his constituents freeze to death is a good idea. While I'm sure that a lot of people were glad that that fat, stupid gasbag was out of the way, I doubt that they appreciated his leaving them to fend for themselves.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

But Mikey, wouldn't it be just wonderful if your precious neighbour day extended beyond helping those in your own little development to the whole state, the whole country, the wirld the universe and everything?

No? 

AOC is being a good representative, hands across the red/blue divide etc working WITH other female Texas Reps to alleviate the suffering of other Americans.

You object?

Maybe you simply one of those "charity begins at home" people.

But I'm curious about why you think AOC in particular should stick to her own district?

It's not as if other politicians don't seek a national profile is it?

Neighbor Day is just helping out neighbors, not advancing one's own career.

Do others do this? Obviously, yes, a shit-ton of them do it. But that doesn't make it right. And if she expects to run for President, the excuse of "well, others were doing it too" doesn't really wash. When someone gains the public trust, they have an obligation to do things as correctly as they possibly can. It's not about their career at that point, it's about serving the public in the most direct, transparent and efficient way possible.

Again, Texas got into the mess because they wouldn't connect to the rest of the grid in our country. They specifically didn't want the intrusion. And many of the people in Ocasio-Cortez's district have it far worse than an average person in Texas, and their plight isn't over when the switch gets flipped, they suffer with it for day after day, year after year.

I've given enough explanation to you. Unless you have a genuinely insightful question, you'll just have to accept that we disagree ... and that this isn't your country anyway.

Where are Marjorie Taylor Green, Laurie Boebert, Jim Jordan, etc. during this federal emergency?

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Oh the irony. 

Mikey. Why don't YOU MYOB and look out for the 3500 homeless in Denver?

Work to change the Laws there, 

I'm sure if you used the energy you spend here to work with these people, you'd solve the problem locally in a month

https://denverhomelessoutloud.org/myths-and-reality-of-homelessness/

I learned a while back then when I share personal information with you about my advocacy that you do your best to belittle and demean for some reason.

I'm from here, my family has been here since the 1800s, helping homelessness is something to which we're all attached.

When someone gains the public trust, they have an obligation to do things as correctly as they possibly can. It's not about their career at that point, it's about serving the public in the most direct, transparent and efficient way possible.

Like Ted Cruz?

Like Ted Cruz?

No, not like Ted Cruz, he's a dipshit.

If Ocasio-Cortez is going to make an honest attempt at the Presidency, do you think it's wise for you to compare her to a dipshit?

Just now, mikewof said:

I learned a while back then when I share personal information with you about my advocacy that you do your best to belittle and demean for some reason.

I'm from here, my family has been here since the 1800s, helping homelessness is something to which we're all attached.

Well... I hope a piece of 777 engine didn't land on your rusted out single wide trailer, or damage any of the other trailers in your park.

No, not like Ted Cruz, he's a dipshit.

If Ocasio-Cortez is going to make an honest attempt at the Presidency, do you think it's wise for you to compare her to a dipshit?

Who the fuck has said that AOC is running for POTUS? She's too young to even qualify for years.