9 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It makes me sad to think of the pristine Colorado back country littered with Mikey’s  busted folding plastic sleds but then I remember that Mikey is full of shit and no respectable backcountry explorer would be buying his POS sleds.

Precisely this. The sort of people that buy this sort of shit thinking they could hump it for miles are often the same sort that dump this sort of shit when it fails. (They probably buy puppies for christmas too :D )

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to be clear. In January, Texas Republicans introduced a bill to secede from the United States. Yesterday, the Texas governor and both senators (including Ted Cruz) asked Biden f

A Houston furniture store opened its doors as a refuge. Thousands came for help. Feb. 18, 2021, 10:33 a.m. ETFeb. 18, 2021 Feb. 18, 2021 By Christine Hauser  

At least AOC is doing something for people in need. Good for her! You are a person that is throwing rocks at someone that is helping. Really? Have you thought that through? Here in NY we have had a ho

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

You can't fix stupid, and it looks like there is plenty to go around.

That's way beyond stupid.

That is a serious mental health condition bordering on paranoid schizophrenia.

29 minutes ago, mikewof said:

But it's nothing too new for me, I've seen it now and then through the years from a handful of profoundly lonely people. 

Ime am betteng on you Mickey, you halve my supportte.                     :)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
8 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

You our fulle of shitte in everey way.  Tellus some moire lies you ingenuine fuckeheade!

Did you buy one? :D

Juste reallized you talkling the plastice foldeng boattes..... fucke no..... no neede foire oune.........           :)

• Like 1

Qanon again?

Seriously, someone has to be making money off these idiots.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:

Qanon again?

Seriously, someone has to be manney our making money off these idiots.

fixte.............                :)

13 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

You our fulle of shitte in everey way.  Tellus some moire lies you ingenuine fuckeheade!

Hey buy a sled take it to the back country and give us a review.  I’m guessing half a snagg if you tell no lies:P

3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:
6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Qanon again?

Seriously, someone has to be manney our making money off these idiots.

fixte.............               

Like the people who sell these lovely things. I too could look like a brain-dead moran for only $16.61.

22208a87a8b448850cbb8ab8a4d039df0ad7f99b

16 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Mickey ist faceng some unussiusialley harshe critsismes, I enjoine hisse robustte responces amd hoppe he canne muddelle throuh....                 Anarchrchistes canebe bitches!

:)

Snags, we wouldn't pick on Mikey if he wasn't such a pompous know it all ass.

He's more than comfortable casting nasturtums at others, but cries when we toss em back.

9 hours ago, shaggy said:

Had him on ignore for the better part of covid..  Did he really get a divorce??  

I doubt he got one, most likely the other way around. 

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:
17 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Hey buy a sled take it to the back country and give us a review.  I’m guessing half a snagg if you tell no lies:P

A smille and respectte foire convinseng the massisse you our the ex-bullgatore.  No moire, no lesse.                :)

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

He's more than comfortable casting nasturtums at others, but cries when we toss em back.

Thaste a bettere reasone then moeste............              :)

32 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Mickey ist faceng some unussiusialley harshe critsismes, I enjoine hisse robustte responces amd hoppe he canne muddelle throuh....                 Anarchrchistes canebe bitches!

Self inflicted as usual. 

3 minutes ago, mad said:
36 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Self inflicted as usual. 

I buye that, butte shoudentte we steppe in when thinges gette badde?

31 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Juste reallized you talkling the plastice foldeng boattes..... fucke no..... no neede foire oune.........           :)

Me neither.

I have no need to buy one, I can make any boat fold up!

- DSK

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
36 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Me neither.

- DSK

7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

sure, comes a point when the ban hammer descends on him for a week. 

i suspect Scot or Zap do it out of compassion .

But compassion for whom is the question.

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Me neither.

- DSK

Off topic, but there's a lot of these "weekenders" water crafts on the market, from fold up "rafts" to $100 inflatable dinghy s .

A lot sold at christmas, marketed as the real thing rather than as pool toys. They really are not safe, especially in the hands of "weekend" campers and their  kids .

Should be regulated.

16 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

You can continue if you want, personally, the cunt deserves everything he gets. 

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

c'mon man........I no you dointe licke hime,  butte thast OK..........        :)

You know snags, sometimes I worry that we bully Mike.

I suspect I'm not the only one.

So, we back off .

Many have him on ignore.

Inevitably Mike comes roaring back in like a flood tide and takes advantage of our forbearance with little snipes, jabs, jibes and zings.

Mad is correct. The cunt deserves everything he gets.

I wouldn't waste your interventions. He'll suck you dry.

1 hour ago, mad said:
On 2/21/2021 at 11:06 AM, jerseyguy said:

Peace and tranquility

You've chosen to ignore content by mikewof. Options 

That’s what I normally see :lol:

Ditto.

1 minute ago, Shortforbob said:
7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

c'mon man........I no you dointe licke hime,  butte thast OK..........        :)

So, we back off .

Many have him on ignore.

Inevitably Mike comes roaring back in like a flood tide and takes advantage of our forbearance with little snipes, jabs, jibes and zings.

Ille tacke that undere advisementte.  Wishenge you the beste.                       :)

32 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

So, we back off .

Many have him on ignore.

I have a lot less sympathy for Mikey since he went on and on and on posting incorrect and harmful CoviD-19 disinformation. .

- DSK

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
37 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

So, we back off .

Many have him on ignore.

I have a lot less sympathy for Mikey since he went on and on and on posting incorrect and harmful CoviD-19 disinformation. .

Anorthere goode reasone.......        :)

11 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Olympic Park Bomber?
Cast of “The Hills Have Eyes”?

Pretty much the creepiest movie ever made. I tried several times to watch it, but had to turn it off after about a half hour each time.

Talk about nightmare inducing images..... GAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

“Top executives of Texas electric grid resign after storm failure”

https://news.yahoo.com/top-executives-texas-electric-grid-035832144.html

“The board's chairman, vice chairman, three directors and a board nominee of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), all of whom live outside of Texas, resigned effective Wednesday, according to a notice to the state Public Utility Commission.”

No falling on their swords?

16 hours ago, mikewof said:

1) You are ignorant of the situation on the ground here. Your luxury life in Australia gives you no specific knowledge of what's happening here. In my State, it's nearly impossible for the homeless to get a driver's license, because almost to the man (and woman) they carry around a few hundred and thousand dollars worth of fines from sleeping on public transportation in the cold without a ticket. My friend whom I helped with his I-9 compliant had a felony trespass charge because he went into an abandoned building to stay warm on a cold winter night. "Getting compliant" usually means having an address, and access to things like birth certificate, social security card, passport, state-id card, etc.. In some cases, getting these documents is essentially impossible.

2) One of our users carried a boat more than 30 miles to the top of the Grand Mesa and paddled a lake up there and camped on an island ... an island in a lake on the largest mesa in the world. My boat was the only one that allowed him to do that, it's the lightest full-cargo folding boat in the world, only 8.5 lbs.. But most of our products are not boats, that's a specialty item on which we make zero profit. Most of them are folding sleds (about 1.5 lbs.) for hunting, ice fishing, backcountry hut touring, hammock camping. So to your question of "how many"? Hundreds. That's enough for now.

i really want to see a picture of your full-cargo folding boat. if it is as you say, it is totally awesome. i know this has nothing to do with texico, sorry.

28 minutes ago, Voyageur said:

i really want to see a picture of your full-cargo folding boat. if it is as you say, it is totally awesome. i know this has nothing to do with texico, sorry.

Happy to oblige, I'm proud of them. It's just a pram. It used to have a nicely shaped bow, but at a hull-length of only about 4 feet, it didn't add anything to the hull speed, and it significantly cut into the payload. It's at 225 lbs at half-freeboard, but most of the people who use it add the sponson flotation to bump it up to 250 lbs at half freeboard, which is typical for 180 lbs rower and 50 lbs. of gear. My Folbots can carry more cargo, but they're 50 lbs. boats, compared to this one which is 8.5 lbs ...

1662545749_ScreenShot2021-02-24at9_51_06AM.png.95e92d8cd8a039d117d0c9f7f845647c.png

The original goal was for Optimist's International, (i.e. the original Opti boat) to be able to make a fleet of five youth sailing prams for $1200, and then fold the fleet up and transport it in a regular car. The sailing rig and third hull, along with the rudder/tiller requires a third hull, I'm still working on that. But since I started the project back in 2014, the cost to mail these things has skyrocketed, so I'm switching to user-build plan.

Further, the Optimist International groups to whom I've presented it have moved away from sailing and into bicycles, apparently less liability. So I pivoted this boat for youth rowing, a One-Design for the U-250 rowing event, able to row the 250 meter in outdoor ponds and also swimming pools. There has been a lot more interest in that than the sailing.

f821869ca066231475b3d7067c177484_origina

14 hours ago, hobie1616 said:

Unibomber?

Folding boats, folding hunting sleds, folding gear sleds, folding backcountry skiing (hut touring) sleds, waterproof pocket touring notebooks, light-up marker cases, a search-and-rescue folding recovery stretcher ... all made in Colorado. They fund the air pollution research, so I don't have to beg for government funding for that.

14 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

Except that I didn't. And I don't want or need your sympathy anyway, you're just some guy who fancies himself an expect because of some limited education.

I had a debate with Frenchy about some COVID data, that we settled. As for the rest, that's neither disinformation nor misinformation, that's just the limits of your education, making horse-sense guesses to what you think is correct and what you think is incorrect.

Science doesn't give a rat's blue ass about your opinion, there is right, and there is wrong, and there are the topics which are not yet settled.

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Off topic, but there's a lot of these "weekenders" water crafts on the market, from fold up "rafts" to $100 inflatable dinghy s .

A lot sold at christmas, marketed as the real thing rather than as pool toys. They really are not safe, especially in the hands of "weekend" campers and their  kids .

Should be regulated.

Actually, there are $30 inflatable dinghies. For the backcountry segment, less than 10 lbs., ours is the only folding version the rest are inflatable and cost from $400 up to $3,000,

But feel free to make up more stuff, it suits you.

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

sure, comes a point when the ban hammer descends on him for a week. 

i suspect Scot or Zap do it out of compassion .

But compassion for whom is the question.

Like the way you got tossed out of Wooden Boat Forum for stalking?

15 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Mad is one of my obsessed fans, he follows me around through these threads. He like to brag about his guns in Britain, while simultaneously insulting JBSF for discussing guns. Not really my cup of tea, I tend to ignore him, and that enrages him.

16 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Lady, I hate to break it to you, but "you" are not part of the "we." The "we" is a small group that has no genuine interest in you.

You just got here a while ago, after getting thrown out of WBF, and bragging about your million dollar townhouse and you will forever be an outsider, same as me. The "Newport Mafia" threw them out, and they throw you out.

2 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Lady, I hate to break it to you, but "you" are not part of the "we." The "we" is a small group that has no genuine interest in you.

Mikey, the arbiter of inclusion?

just pissed myself a little

16 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Precisely this. The sort of people that buy this sort of shit thinking they could hump it for miles are often the same sort that dump this sort of shit when it fails. (They probably buy puppies for christmas too :D )

You're wrong and you're lying.

In fact one of the biggest segments for our folding sleds are people who can't bring down full-weight pulks from backcountry trips and tend to leave them on-site and ski down without them. Our folding sled is so light, that when they're ready to come home, they fold it up, pack up their trash, throw it over their back and ski home. Hut Sleds and Gear Sleds are environmentally responsible because they can be easily transported back.

Can't do that with a big pulk, they're nearly impossible to use to ski or board downhill, even empty, even with control rods. And Gear Sleds are popular with backcountry cleanouts, packing out -- literally -- hundreds of pounds of trash from the Colorado, Utah and Wyoming backcountry.

I get it, you're not happy, and you want to lie. It's okay, it's a condition of your ... condition.

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Mikey, the arbiter of inclusion?

just pissed myself a little

Do you remember that day you were nearly in tears with me on the phone about fifteen years ago, whining how the "Newport Mafia" would never accept you and your friends because you were an outsider, your boat wasn't expensive enough, because you just loved to sail, but you didn't belong to their YC?

Have you become all that you despise, Clean?

Seeing as how I didn’t own any boats 15 years ago and was paid to drive melges 24s around the country for a living back then, I am afraid you have me confused with someone else...either that or you had another episode without your meds. I wouldn’t accuse you of just making shit up because that would be presumptuous. 

15 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Ted hasse a niew addresse nowe.................             :)

83864?  

To quote without "quoting" Mikey:  ' "you" are not part of the "we." The "we" is a small group that has no genuine interest in you.' :

Pro tip:  When you're "small group" has a quorum requirement of 1, you can be pretty sure that you have successfully "de-socialized" from the larger group.

1 hour ago, jerseyguy said:

“Top executives of Texas electric grid resign after storm failure”

https://news.yahoo.com/top-executives-texas-electric-grid-035832144.html

“The board's chairman, vice chairman, three directors and a board nominee of the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT), all of whom live outside of Texas, resigned effective Wednesday, according to a notice to the state Public Utility Commission.”

No falling on their swords?

This is what free market deregulated accountability looks like.  I'm sure all of the resignee's have golden parachutes that kick in, as long as they aren't 'fired'.  It's a liberturdian's dream.

14 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Seeing as how I didn’t own any boats 15 years ago and was paid to drive melges 24s around the country for a living back then, I am afraid you have me confused with someone else...either that or you had another episode without your meds. I wouldn’t accuse you of just making shit up because that would be presumptuous. 

You don't remember calling me at home all those years ago, with your lamentations of the East Coast YCs?

How many years ago was that? I remember I was living in Alabama at the time, and I still wasn't finished with my Ph.D. program, so it had to be at least twelve years ago. Seems more like fifteen though.

I'm just curious, what do you mean by that bit in bold up there?

1 hour ago, Voyageur said:

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/mikewofsey/created

You kinda get a flavor of mikey when you see he broke kickstarter projects down into imperial versus metric, and has appeared to 'kickstart' essentially the same sled 4 different times.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikewofsey/sand-grass-water-or-snow-the-party-shall-not-stop

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikewofsey/winter-is-more-fun-with-gear-sled-2021?ref=profile_created

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikewofsey/high-coast-backcountry-gear-sleds-travel-far-then-fold-away?ref=profile_created

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mikewofsey/the-amazing-fold-away-winter-summer-snow-wagon?ref=profile_created

If nothing else, you have to admit he's persistent in all his endeavors.

4 hours ago, mikewof said:

Happy to oblige, I'm proud of them. It's just a pram. It used to have a nicely shaped bow, but at a hull-length of only about 4 feet, it didn't add anything to the hull speed, and it significantly cut into the payload. It's at 225 lbs at half-freeboard, but most of the people who use it add the sponson flotation to bump it up to 250 lbs at half freeboard, which is typical for 180 lbs rower and 50 lbs. of gear. My Folbots can carry more cargo, but they're 50 lbs. boats, compared to this one which is 8.5 lbs ...

1662545749_ScreenShot2021-02-24at9_51_06AM.png.95e92d8cd8a039d117d0c9f7f845647c.png

The original goal was for Optimist's International, (i.e. the original Opti boat) to be able to make a fleet of five youth sailing prams for $1200, and then fold the fleet up and transport it in a regular car. The sailing rig and third hull, along with the rudder/tiller requires a third hull, I'm still working on that. But since I started the project back in 2014, the cost to mail these things has skyrocketed, so I'm switching to user-build plan.

Further, the Optimist International groups to whom I've presented it have moved away from sailing and into bicycles, apparently less liability. So I pivoted this boat for youth rowing, a One-Design for the U-250 rowing event, able to row the 250 meter in outdoor ponds and also swimming pools. There has been a lot more interest in that than the sailing.

f821869ca066231475b3d7067c177484_origina

Hahahahahaha. 

You should try selling those to Mexicans crossing the Rio Grande.   

Thanks for the laugh.

A week Later and seventy degrees warmer. 
I opened this thread to see what was going on 

apparently the thread has become a home for the terminally bewildered 

44 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

A week Later and seventy degrees warmer. 
I opened this thread to see what was going on 

apparently the thread has become a home for the terminally bewildered 

Meh,

Mikie is ranting whilst getting free advertising...  He is on ignore so I just saw the quoted stuff but he is going off the rails apparently.  Paragraphs..... I mean Paragraphs...  Can't wait till he is snowed in for the rest of the week...  

22 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Me neither.

- DSK

I offered to make the unlamented BS's origami POS fold up in a collision derby once when he was rubbishing conventional framed boats. He wasn't interested.

FKT

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

I offered to make the unlamented BS's origami POS fold up in a collision derby once when he was rubbishing conventional framed boats. He wasn't interested.

FKT

He'd have to leave the mud flats for that.

Progress appears to be happening.

The rest of you should take heed.

You've chosen to ignore content by mikewof. Options

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Do they come with a can of Flex Seal?

No need, there are no seams below the water line, only folds.

One of our users got a gash from getting hung up in some submerged razor-wire, he was able to fix it with the included repair tape. Unlike an inflatable, since the hull isn't under pressure, patches are no big deal.

1 hour ago, shaggy said:

Meh,

Mikie is ranting whilst getting free advertising...  He is on ignore so I just saw the quoted stuff but he is going off the rails apparently.  Paragraphs..... I mean Paragraphs...  Can't wait till he is snowed in for the rest of the week...  

Wrong, I already have a lot of demand for those fold-up boats, and we have no immediate plans to go back into production until we switch the open-source self-build. So I don't need or want advertising.

As for getting snowed in, that's for your flatlanders. I'm a Coloradoan.

6 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Thank you. Persistence is what funds the air pollution work with consumer products. It has allowed a lot of flexibility for the research.

Few scientists do it because it's more difficult than begging government funding, but I was shown this method from a mathematician who funded his work in nonlinear stochastics with ballet products.

Imperial vs. Metric is critical with my graphic design tools ... even in Europe, a lot of designers still use points and picas (which are based on the inch) rather than metric. I have to be careful to make sure to send people the right tools.

34 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Wrong, I already have a lot of demand for those fold-up boats, and we have no immediate plans to go back into production until we switch the open-source self-build. So I don't need or want advertising.

As for getting snowed in, that's for your flatlanders. I'm a Coloradoan.

Who lives in a flat suburb of Denver via equally flat Alabama. 
LOL.

Coloradan’s hate people like you and wish you’d move back to Alabama.

7 hours ago, Grrr... said:

I gotta say good on him. I love seeing effort in anything and full credit for giving it a go.   

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Al Paca said:

Hey Mikey, got anything along the lines of a fold up shitter?

$15, dead nuts money reliable ...

RTC-50-2.jpg?v-cache=1593522373

and that serrated edge makes a half-assed saw that's actually a good bit better than nothing. 

On 2/24/2021 at 11:37 AM, Shortforbob said:

Just as a matter of interest, where about have you gone hiking in Australia? How many folks that do this sort of stuff do you actually know.

Some of the folks I know even carry their own poo out. (I don't go that far). We all try to carry out any plastics etc we find. The sort of folks you are talking about rarely venture more than a few hundred metres from their cars - very unlikely to be folks who actually go anywhere remote.

I've done a few trips where we have carried lilos or blow up pool toys to cross rivers or lakes - Mikey's foldable boat looks interesting for that. My main concern is that the lakes in Tas where I have done this stuff can get a bit bumpy, and the folding boat doesn't look like it would cope with much chop, nor with current in a river. The other advantage of a lilo is that you paddle with your hands / arms, so don't have the weight of paddles to add. You do need to be able to double bag your backpack though. Swings and roundabouts.

I've also carried kayaks. It's hard work.

9 hours ago, mikewof said:

I get it, you're not happy, and you want to lie. It's okay, it's a condition of your ... condition.

1 hour ago, Gouvernail said:

1E218148-50F4-4160-BD7A-9ABE2D00D950.jpeg

And she's not only a Latina, but a New York, lesbian, college educated, liberal elite socialist Latina.

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

And she's not only a Latina, but a New York, lesbian, college educated, liberal elite socialist Latina.

Since when is she a lesbian?  I could see her being bi but she seems too much fun to be a lesbian.

Edit she has a boyfriend...

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/a25844313/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-boyfriend-riley-roberts/

13 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

And she is great.  My daughter is wonderful, but if I had anything to do with promoting that young lady, I would be in awe.

Just saying what people that I know, who live where she is from said..... So.... Just sayin'.

Personally, I like lesbians. I'd be one myself if I was a woman.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Just saying what people that I know, who live where she is from said..... So.... Just sayin'.

Personally, I like lesbians. I'd be one myself if I was a woman.

Let's not go there.

What happens in your bedroom is nothing that interests anyone else.

2 minutes ago, hasher said:

Let's not go there.

What happens in your bedroom is nothing that interests anyone else.

Yeah, I know.... Not even me most days at this point.

• Like 1
<