Black hawk - it'll buff out

15 minutes ago, bowman81 said:

Hope this isn't geo-blocked. 

I think he'll be scrubbing latrines with a toothbrush for the foreseeable future. 

It happens, just not quite so in the public eye most of the time. 

52 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Rotary wing boys aren’t the only ones who get just a little too low.......

HOLY CRAP!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, bowman81 said:

Hope this isn't geo-blocked. 

I think he'll be scrubbing latrines with a toothbrush for the foreseeable future. 

Plays fine here in Ireland, thanks for posting, who was the aussie rapper they were talking about at the end of the clip?

3 hours ago, 45Roller said:

Plays fine here in Ireland, thanks for posting, who was the aussie rapper they were talking about at the end of the clip?

I don't know. I can't find any new articles on that story. 7 news isn't a highly respected news outlet so possible some details weren't correct. 

Crewchief at the preflight brief one day: "In the event of a hard landing wait until all motion ceases before exiting the aircraft. Follow the brown stains on the deck, those will be mine."

• Like 2
51 minutes ago, bowman81 said:

I don't know. I can't find any new articles on that story. 7 news isn't a highly respected news outlet so possible some details weren't correct. 

OK, no worries mate, thanks anyway, I'm always on the lookout for new music from there , love bliss n esso, hilltop hoods etc B)

Apparently the chopper had frangible tips instead of a spar that carried out right to the end of the blade.  If it didn't have those frangible tips the ending would have been much different.

I'm still trying to find a person who can tell me whether Black Hawk down is warmer than Eider down...

1 hour ago, 45Roller said:
2 hours ago, bowman81 said:

OK, no worries mate, thanks anyway, I'm always on the lookout for new music from there , love bliss n esso, hilltop hoods etc B)

I'm not a great source for music but I'm having drinks with a mate tonight that has a wealth of knowledge.  I'll ask for some recommendations and pass them on...assuming I can remember the answers I'll pass them on. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, bowman81 said:

I'm not a great source for music but I'm having drinks with a mate tonight that has a wealth of knowledge.  I'll ask for some recommendations and pass them on...assuming I can remember the answers I'll pass them on. 

Nice one mate, fair play, thanks for that

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I'm still trying to find a person who can tell me whether Black Hawk down is warmer than Eider down...

psudoe ignoraince dose notte become you...........      as thay ussed to saye..                      :)

1 hour ago, Rain Man said:

Apparently the chopper had frangible tips instead of a spar that carried out right to the end of the blade.  If it didn't have those frangible tips the ending would have been much different.

Pretty clever but does kinda say, "We know you're going to bump into stuff with this helicopter, so here ya go!"

On 2/18/2021 at 10:47 PM, Mrleft8 said:

Eeder, eider, dey are boat quite warm.

On 2/18/2021 at 4:13 PM, Pedagogical Tom said:

Pretty clever but does kinda say, "We know you're going to bump into stuff with this helicopter, so here ya go!"

Yep, shit happens.  They give those toys to young 20 year old kids to fly.  Eventually one of them is going to rub something.  Far cheaper than the alternative.