4 reasons why Luna Rossa will fail at the last hurdle

1: A few cycles ago Luna Rossa would have been a formidable America Cup Winner. Now its the wrong team at the wrong time.

2: Personal ambition to win is not enough "they have an unfortunately high estimation of their own beliefs and think the Prada Cup is won already"

3: Their politics are unpopular and a backlash is mounting

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/america-s-cup-2021/2021/02/america-s-cup-2021-sir-ben-ainslie-hits-out-at-luna-rossa-prada-pirelli-for-changing-the-rules-to-suit-them.html

4: The team is rattled you can clearly see this at the press conference

• Downvote 6
6 minutes ago, Varan said:

When making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, which goes first, the peanut butter or the jelly?

Last night when I was having very bad session with my insomnia I was pondering that "ordering" problem as it relates to a BLT.

• Like 3
Just now, animeproblem said:

Last night when I was having very bad session with my insomnia I was pondering that "ordering" problem as it relates to a BLT.

If you get past the bacon, you're doing it wrong...

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, d2ba said:

1: A few cycles ago Luna Rossa would have been a formidable America Cup Winner. Now its the wrong team at the wrong time.

2: Personal ambition to win is not enough "they have an unfortunately high estimation of their own beliefs and think the Prada Cup is won already"

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/america-s-cup-2021/2021/02/america-s-cup-2021-sir-ben-ainslie-hits-out-at-luna-rossa-prada-pirelli-for-changing-the-rules-to-suit-them.html

Is that you Ben ? what an absolute collection of falsehoods. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

Ha. Pretty amazing what can keep you awake, with insomnia. Just a reminder though, that sandwich is not called, TBL ;-)

• Like 1

Unless it's open face, pb goes on one slice, jelly on other, unite them. 

1. Jimmy gets cocky and makes a mistake

2. Dual helm/board communications get tangled, mistake

3. Boat breaks

4. Control system glitch suboptimal sailing

5 hours ago, d2ba said:

At least you spelled Luna Rossa correctly. On the rest I cordially disagree

5 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Ha. Pretty amazing what can keep you awake, with insomnia. Just a reminder though, that sandwich is not called, TBL ;-)

Did you ever hear about the agnostic, dyslexic insomniac?  He lay in bed all night wondering if there really was a dog.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Too bloody right! I think what was really going around in my head was, what would the sandwich be like with mayo on the bottom slice, romaine lettuce & Caesar salad dressing on the lid?

Is it any wonder that I am head chef & bottle washer at my place if that keeps me awake at night (I have in fact battled the dreaded insomnia all my life). 

• Like 1

A few cycles ago Luna Rossa would have been a formidable America Cup Winner. Now its the wrong team at the wrong time.

Dennis Conner has won the America's Cup three times, successfully defending the Cup in 1980 and 1988 and winning as the challenger in 1987 after losing it in 1983.

Luna Rossa have made the mistake of thinking this timeline can be repeated with James Spithill.  Unfortunately the universe does not work like that and they have not accounted for chaos theory

• Downvote 1
19 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

Did you ever hear about the agnostic, dyslexic insomniac?  He lay in bed all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Or the dyslexic devil worshipper that sold his soul to Santa?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Flippin Out said:

Hope that skin of yours is mighty thick, I feel a flaming might be coming your way in the not to distant future.

its mighty thick thanks can take it from the Luna fanboys 

5 hours ago, d2ba said:

A few cycles ago Luna Rossa would have been a formidable America Cup Winner. Now its the wrong team at the wrong time.

Dennis Conner has won the America's Cup three times, successfully defending the Cup in 1980 and 1988 and winning as the challenger in 1987 after losing it in 1983.

Luna Rossa have made the mistake of thinking this timeline can be repeated with James Spithill.  Unfortunately the universe does not work like that and they have not accounted for chaos theory

So, assuming you are right, the Poms must be in the wrong century.

• Like 1
On 2/20/2021 at 12:39 PM, d2ba said:

Anything thing to say before I put you up as week two winner of Cunt of the Week?

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, veritas said:

Anything thing to say before I put you up as week two winner of Cunt of the Week?

Nope go ahead -I will take this one 

20 minutes ago, veritas said:

A screenshot of this topic would do.

55 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

The last hurdle has yet to be jumped.

Next week I will give reason No 5 --that one will deserve a new thread 

10 minutes ago, southseasbill said:

My 4 reasons why one team or another wont win the AC.

1. Boat too slow.

2. Boat too slow.

3. Boat too slow.

4. Boat too slow.

I'll skip reason #5.

I'd go with 1-4 for certain but starting tactics matter too (eh, Sir Ben?)

• Like 1
On 2/19/2021 at 6:39 PM, d2ba said:

1. This is team that has got better and better.  They are the right team and deserved to win PC,  It all depends if they have the boat speed to match the kiwis.

2. Ambition and self belief are essential. The estimation that they win the PC was well founded

3. Political backlash has faded.

4. The team was as cool as a cucumber on the water.

ETNZ starts as favorite because they had a compelling edge in the ACWS. We dont know who will be superior going forward.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, winchfodder said:

The jam first and then the clotted cream on top.

I just had to learn that it actually depends on the clotted cream. Usually I would agree, but the other day I bought a clotted cream brand that sticks better to the scone and less good to the jam, hence I needed to reverse the order (ouch).

3 hours ago, winchfodder said:

The jam first and then the clotted cream on top.

That makes no sense when you extrapolate into more modern food.  When making a sandwich do you apply the butter/marg after the other fillings?

8 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

That makes no sense when you extrapolate into more modern food.  When making a sandwich do you apply the butter/marg after the other fillings?

Do you put the whipped cream under the strawberries?

• Like 1