Jump to content

Best SNL Female GOAT


Recommended Posts

I don't watch the show anymore, but the clips I see have me thinking that McKinnon is better than Radner.... There'll be no replacing Belushi, Akroid,  Jane Curtain, Garret Morris, or Bill Murray, But the current line up is better than it has been in many years.... The BIG question is: "What will Alec Baldwin do now?"

Link to post
Share on other sites

McKinnon is awesome. IMHO, the world-class talent amongst the women cast members has always been a much higher fraction than the men. Fey, Pohler, Jones, Radner, Curtin, Louis-Dreyfus, Silverman, Shannon, Wigg. Even the ones who got almost no airtime, like Silverman, proved their mettle later on. I think the bottom line is you had to be 10X better as a woman than the men to get on the show.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

I've been watching from the get-go. Umpteen years. Kate McKinnon is every bit as great as Gilda Radner. 

McKinnon is a shape shifting whip smart little sexy beast. Plus she has huge comedy balls she has to try and drag into the writers room at snl. She must have a wheel barrow an assistant pushes. She did a comedian in cars getting coffee with Seinfeld and I think her whole objective was to be so cute and smart and overtly sexy he would crash the car. He made it through but she had it turned up to 11. He was never going to tell HER to take her feet off the dash though I don't thing she ever went that far. I am a huge wiig fan too. No one plays it dry like her. Also super smart. Lorne is a national treasure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IStream said:

McKinnon is awesome. IMHO, the world-class talent amongst the women cast members has always been a much higher fraction than the men. Fey, Pohler, Jones, Radner, Curtin, Louis-Dreyfus, Silverman, Shannon, Wigg. Even the ones who got almost no airtime, like Silverman, proved their mettle later on. I think the bottom line is you had to be 10X better as a woman than the men to get on the show.

The men have let the side down for years on that show. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@ Chris in Santa Cruz

*She did a comedian in cars getting coffee with Seinfeld*, indeed she did… her razor quip stand-out!

JS: “Are you familiar with the Coriolis affect?”

KM: “Only too well…”
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Lorne is a national treasure.

Keep in mind, he's the one who put Adam Sandler in films.  KM is the only one in the succeeding years that is worthy of the GR comparison.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

McKinnon is a shape shifting whip smart little sexy beast. Plus she has huge comedy balls she has to try and drag into the writers room at snl. She must have a wheel barrow an assistant pushes. She did a comedian in cars getting coffee with Seinfeld and I think her whole objective was to be so cute and smart and overtly sexy he would crash the car. He made it through but she had it turned up to 11. He was never going to tell HER to take her feet off the dash though I don't thing she ever went that far. I am a huge wiig fan too. No one plays it dry like her. Also super smart. Lorne is a national treasure.

Just an FYI that McKinnon plays for the other team. Doesn't make her any less sexy but it hurts to have the odds run from infinitesimal to non-existent.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta factor in that Radner and Curtin were bouncing off the legends. KM is playing with far less able help. The current guys are workmanlike but no one stands out. Kate is a laser compared to the other women. Chloe Fineman is off to a great start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IStream said:

Just an FYI that McKinnon plays for the other team. Doesn't make her any less sexy but it hurts to have the odds run from infinitesimal to non-existent.

She hasn't met me yet.  Maybe the Landmark Diner at 3AM will let the sparks fly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hasher said:
1 hour ago, IStream said:

Just an FYI that McKinnon plays for the other team. Doesn't make her any less sexy but it hurts to have the odds run from infinitesimal to non-existent.

She hasn't met me yet.  Maybe the Landmark Diner at 3AM will let the sparks fly.

Cairefulle theire, ist gonna drippe on you keyboarde...........              

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Gotta factor in that Radner and Curtin were bouncing off the legends. KM is playing with far less able help. The current guys are workmanlike but no one stands out. Kate is a laser compared to the other women. Chloe Fineman is off to a great start. 

It's hard for me not to laugh when Keenan Thompson comes on the screen.  IMHO, the best of the men.  But I agree with most here that the women own the show.  And Kate owns them all.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NaptimeAgain said:

Comparing comedians from different eras is like sports. Jack v Tiger, Ruth v Aaron, etc.  Just enjoy the show. :-)

exactly,  when snl first came on  it had to kill all the taboos in media..   they had no idea what they could get away with...   today I think people aren't shocked by anything anymore...    i'm sure it's a lot harder for the writers now  but I'm glad they're still trying..    haven't watched the show in awhile, wife lost that sense of humor a long time ago..  i catch snippets on YT when i hear about it..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hasher said:

She hasn't met me yet.  Maybe the Landmark Diner at 3AM will let the sparks fly.

no, but we've met you... don't get your hopes up mate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NaptimeAgain said:

Comparing comedians from different eras is like sports. Jack v Tiger, Ruth v Aaron, etc.  Just enjoy the show. :-)

This is fair. The equipment is constantly changing, rules often change ... no genuine way to compare sports records imo. Some may have missed this bit: track spikes have evolved to the point that the newest versions may save a couple of seconds per mile. That's a lot. On edit, I may have misstated the difference. I found one reference that suggested 1% ... that's 15m faster for the 1500m. A lot.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"What's all this talk about endangered feces!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosanna Rosannadanna...... Radner was actually mocking Roseann Scameredella (SP?) who was an anchor on Chanel 7 Eyewitness News when it first came about back in the 70's. Knowing Scamerdella, watching her, and then Radner's over the top imitation of her gave the character even greater depth. But Radner being as good as she was, Rosanna Rosannadanna took on a life of her own. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

And Jane Curtin was/is an ignorant slut. Aykroyd had it exactly right. The first time he called her that, she was taken by surprise and I always suspected it was ad-libbed. Just Aykroyd calling it as he saw it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, quod umbra said:

Rosanna Rosannadanna...... Radner was actually mocking Roseann Scameredella (SP?) who was an anchor on Chanel 7 Eyewitness News when it first came about back in the 70's. Knowing Scamerdella, watching her, and then Radner's over the top imitation of her gave the character even greater depth. But Radner being as good as she was, Rosanna Rosannadanna took on a life of her own. Absolutely brilliant stuff.

That sure makes sense. 

For pure silliness her relationship with Todd was golden. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I think about it now, I still see McKinnon's body of work as GOAT.

That said, there's so many really great (in ALL CAPS) individual skits that come to mind.

Tina Fey owns whatsherface. And more.

Victoria Jackson as hot dumb blonde. 

I saw a bit where Amy was a weird teenager. I was sold.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, Blue Crab said:

As I think about it now, I still see McKinnon's body of work as GOAT.

That said, there's so many really great (in ALL CAPS) individual skits that come to mind.

Tina Fey owns whatsherface. And more.

Victoria Jackson as hot dumb blonde. 

I saw a bit where Amy was a weird teenager. I was sold.

 

Agree with McKinnon as the GOAT because her range is so wide.   I’d like to give props to Melissa McCarthy though her stint as Sean Spicer was hilarious.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I didn't mention McCarthy on my list above. She took Bridesmaids from "pretty good" to "damned funny".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...