"While enjoying a weekend with my husband and six-year-old daughter, I spontaneously decided to share a small part of the truth I had hidden for so long in shame and never planned to disclose. The night before, a former Cuomo staffer confided to me that she, too, had been the subject of the Governor’s workplace harassment. Her story mirrored my own. Seeing his name floated as a potential candidate for U.S. Attorney General — the highest law enforcement official in the land — set me off.

In a few tweets, I told the world what a few close friends, family members and my therapist had known for years: Andrew Cuomo abused his power as Governor to sexually harass me, just as he had done with so many other women.

As messages from journalists buzzed on my phone, I laid in bed unable to move. I finally had decided to speak up, but at what cost?

Parts of a supposed confidential personnel file (which I’ve never seen) were leaked to the media in an effort to smear me. The Governor’s loyalists called around town, asking about me.

Last week, Assemblymember Ron Kim spoke out publicly about the intimidation and abuse he has faced from Governor Cuomo and his aides. As Mayor de Blasio remarked, “the bullying is nothing new.” There are many more of us, but most are too afraid to speak up.

I’m compelled to tell my story because no woman should feel forced to hide their experiences of workplace intimidation, harassment and humiliation — not by the Governor or anyone else".

My story of working with Governor Cuomo | by Lindsey Boylan | Feb, 2021 | Medium

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We agree. This is totally unacceptable behavior by a Democrat.

To be fair, that sounds like a cherished belief. 

It is all a ploy by Coumo to steal The Gropenfuhrer’s base. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dog said:

I’m compelled to tell my story because no woman should feel forced to hide their experiences of workplace intimidation, harassment and humiliation — not by the Governor or anyone else.

I completely agree with her.

I should note I don't remember you starting any threads when allegations similar to this came out about The Former Guy.

You wouldn't be cherry-picking that which bothers you, would you?

• Like 1
Just now, Bus Driver said:

I should note I don't remember you starting any threads when allegations similar to this came out about The Former Guy.

It was hardly necessary.

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

"While enjoying a weekend with my husband and six-year-old daughter, I spontaneously decided to share a small part of the truth I had hidden for so long in shame and never planned to disclose. The night before, a former Cuomo staffer confided to me that she, too, had been the subject of the Governor’s workplace harassment. Her story mirrored my own. Seeing his name floated as a potential candidate for U.S. Attorney General — the highest law enforcement official in the land — set me off.

In a few tweets, I told the world what a few close friends, family members and my therapist had known for years: Andrew Cuomo abused his power as Governor to sexually harass me, just as he had done with so many other women.

As messages from journalists buzzed on my phone, I laid in bed unable to move. I finally had decided to speak up, but at what cost?

Parts of a supposed confidential personnel file (which I’ve never seen) were leaked to the media in an effort to smear me. The Governor’s loyalists called around town, asking about me.

Last week, Assemblymember Ron Kim spoke out publicly about the intimidation and abuse he has faced from Governor Cuomo and his aides. As Mayor de Blasio remarked, “the bullying is nothing new.” There are many more of us, but most are too afraid to speak up.

I’m compelled to tell my story because no woman should feel forced to hide their experiences of workplace intimidation, harassment and humiliation — not by the Governor or anyone else".

My story of working with Governor Cuomo | by Lindsey Boylan | Feb, 2021 | Medium

We agree.

This is totally unacceptable behavior by a Democrat.

• Like 7
38 minutes ago, Dog said:

Ha ha ha...good dig.

You really live in a different reality don't you??  All along I was going with 30% wacky and 70 % internet blustering and just trolling for fun.  With that one comment the % have flipped.  Your earlier persona before the trumpaloons took you was the farce..  You are truly a wack job...  

• Like 1

I’m sorry, you were saying?

Personnel memos written in 2018, obtained by the AP, indicate that Boylan resigned after she was confronted about complaints about her own office behavior.

Several women complained to Empire State Development’s human resources department that “Ms. 
Boylan had behaved in a way towards them that was harassing, belittling, and had yelled and been generally unprofessional,” wrote the administration’s ethics officer, Julia Pinover Kupiec in one memo.

Boylan resigned after meeting with officials, including Cuomo’s top lawyer, Alphonso David, to be “counseled” about the complaints.

David said in a follow-up memo that Boylan had contacted him several days later and said she had reconsidered her resignation and wished to return to work, but he discouraged her from doing so.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-12-13/former-development-aide-accuses-cuomo-of-sexual-harassment

1 hour ago, Dog said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

It was hardly necessary.

It would go a long way in changing the perception you are only concerned with problematic statements and behavior from Democrats.

57 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

It would go a long way in changing the perception you are only concerned with problematic statements and behavior from Democrats.

I don't care if my posts appear partisan and it's abundantly clear that the majority of posters here don't care either. But I can't help but notice Democratic partisanship is not an issue for you.

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

I don't care if my posts appear partisan and it's abundantly clear that the majority of posters here don't care either. But I can't help but notice Democratic partisanship is not an issue for you.

Exactly 0 people have said it is OK for Cuomo to (insert whatever crime he is up to this week here) because he is a Democrat. I know that is beyond what you can imagine, but give it a try.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

C'mon BD, when a Democrat does it...Crime of the Century. 

When a Republican does it...it's just a hostile takeover.  

39 minutes ago, Dog said:

"But Mommy, they did it too." may have worked when you were 5.  I guess there was no reason to give it up, even now. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Personnel memos written in 2018, obtained by the AP, indicate that Boylan resigned after she was confronted about complaints about her own office behavior.

Several women complained to Empire State Development’s human resources department that “Ms. 
Boylan had behaved in a way towards them that was harassing, belittling, and had yelled and been generally unprofessional,” wrote the administration’s ethics officer, Julia Pinover Kupiec in one memo.

Boylan resigned after meeting with officials, including Cuomo’s top lawyer, Alphonso David, to be “counseled” about the complaints.

David said in a follow-up memo that Boylan had contacted him several days later and said she had reconsidered her resignation and wished to return to work, but he discouraged her from doing so.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-12-13/former-development-aide-accuses-cuomo-of-sexual-harassment

No.  Absolutely NOT. Two wrongs do not make a right, and I refuse to act like our friend dog.  I do not care what type of person Boylan is and it is not at all relevant to the conversation.  If the accusations against Cuomo are true he needs to be held accountable. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Exactly 0 people have said it is OK for Cuomo to (insert whatever crime he is up to this week here) because he is a Democrat. I know that is beyond what you can imagine, but give it a try.

OFGS...Context, check it.

5 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

It is all a ploy by Coumo to steal The Gropenfuhrer’s base. 

Has. I live in trump land as far as ny is concerned. (Anywhere north of Westchester county) They want Andy dead. And bow to Donny 

49 minutes ago, Dog said:

Just so we are clear, you didnt connect people constantly deriding you for your dishonest partisanship with them not liking it? 

Interesting. 

10 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Just so we are clear, you didnt connect people constantly deriding you for your dishonest partisanship with them not liking it? 

Interesting. 

No, they deride me because I challenge their cherished beliefs.

13 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wrong.  You are derided because you defend the indefensible.

If, just once, you said "There is no excuse for that behavior" when someone speaks about a Republican action, you might have a leg on which to stand.

And, coming up with the equivalent of a "Meh" when pressed, is not the same thing.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Dog said:

No, I deride you because you are a total fucking idiot and you project your vile world view onto other people.  0 people on this site said what quomo did is right and he should not be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if true.  If trump had done the same thing you would be screaming from the rooftops that the dems were lying and you would start a thread, we would argue for days until you got bored, or we just stopped caring about your lies.  Instead all of us agreed with you.  Now we are on post 24 arguing about what exactly??  

• Like 2
1 minute ago, shaggy said:

No, I deride you because you are a total fucking idiot and you project your vile world view onto other people.  0 people on this site said what quomo did is right and he should not be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if true.  If trump had done the same thing you would be screaming from the rooftops that the dems were lying and you would start a thread, we would argue for days until you got bored, or we just stopped caring about your lies.  Instead all of us agreed with you.  Now we are on post 24 arguing about what exactly??  

Nobody took his bait and defended Cuomo.  Dog has no idea where to from here.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

No.  Absolutely NOT. Two wrongs do not make a right, and I refuse to act like our friend dog.  I do not care what type of person Boylan is and it is not at all relevant to the conversation.  If the accusations against Cuomo are true he needs to be held accountable. 

Of course you are correct. It is actually refreshing to see this around here, this whole movement to believe all accusations without knowing anything is absolutely insane. People have no idea how wrong it is to persecute someone without knowing anything just because it's a sexually related accusation. As a matter of morality, allegations should be taken seriously if no corroborating detail or evidence is found it should be the end of the investigation. it is repugnant to pursue a matter until the heart and soul of someone is destroyed for good with no evidence beyond accusation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dog said:

No. They deride you because you're an idiot.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

42 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

No. They deride you because you're an idiot.

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, benwynn said:

stop it , right now ;)

2 hours ago, shaggy said:
2 hours ago, Dog said:

Notice Dog carries on and on, as though a crowd of partisan Democrats were jumping into this thread to defend Cuomo?

He does it defend his idol and hero, therefor people who disagree with him must do it to defend -their- idols. And anybody who is a Democrat idol, Dog hates.

Trumpalo logic.

We're not on post 36 now arguing about anything. We're just making fun of Dog and pointing out that yeah, Cuomo is at best being a dick and at worst could well end up being a criminal.

- DSK

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Notice Dog carries on and on, as though a crowd of partisan Democrats were jumping into this thread to defend Cuomo?

He does it defend his idol and hero, therefor people who disagree with him must do it to defend -their- idols. And anybody who is a Democrat idol, Dog hates.

Trumpalo logic.

We're not on post 36 now arguing about anything. We're just making fun of Dog and pointing out that yeah, Cuomo is at best being a dick and at worst could well end up being a criminal.

- DSK

SNL did at least a couple bits on the nursing home scandal, and in a Weekend Update mentioned that Cuomo "looks like all three good fellas at once."

Interestingly, about a week earlier there was an unfairness whine about SNL not covering it.  Now that they have, we've moved on to a joke Michael Che did on Israel's vaccine distribution being anti-Semitic. 

27 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Has @Dogestablished a new bar for future wannabe hypocrites?? 

Bar, or Barr?

It is projection - if all Republicans are cool with pussy grabbing if a Republican does it, then all Democrats are cool with whatever it is Cuomo did because he is a Democrat. Poor Doggy doesn't get how impossible it is to organize Democrats to that extent :rolleyes:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Dog said:

It was hardly necessary.

Boy, it was notatally necessary and you missed a step and fell in the drink. 

6 hours ago, badlatitude said:

I hope you're not suggesting that she has revenge motives for her revelations?

She may have. She is entitled to come forward with her accusations when ever or however she chooses and hopefully those accusations will be dealt with on their merits. 

As for Dog, are we going to be treated with one of these " ooh looky' they do it too" threads on a daily basis?

Bring it on. Sexual misconduct straddles the political divide.

Only difference being, that Republicans snigger while kicking the dead leaves and grass over the divot . 

16 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I hope you're not suggesting that she has revenge motives for her revelations?

She may have. She is entitled to come forward with her accusations when ever or however she chooses and hopefully those accusations will be dealt with on their merits. 

As for Dog, are we going to be treated with one of these " ooh looky' they do it too" threads on a daily basis?

Bring it on. Sexual misconduct straddles the political divide.

Only difference being, that Republicans snigger while kicking the dead leaves and grass over the divot . 

Sexual misconduct straddles the political divide and rides it like a deranged cowgirl on a cast iron dildo strapped to a bucking bronco.

57 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Sexual misconduct straddles the political divide and rides it like a deranged cowgirl on a cast iron dildo strapped to a bucking bronco.

You missed going over a waterfall. 

3 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

You missed going over a waterfall. 

Good point. I'll add that next time.

12 hours ago, Dog said:
12 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Interesting. 

image.png.2c0016a70b3089d8b2b67901f4c5db9b.png

12 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Wrong.  You are derided because you defend the indefensible.

If, just once, you said "There is no excuse for that behavior" when someone speaks about a Republican action, you might have a leg on which to stand.

And, coming up with the equivalent of a "Meh" when pressed, is not the same thing.

Do a search for how many times I called Trump an asshole.....Go

12 hours ago, shaggy said:

Did I say anything at all about posters defending Coumo? Rhetorical, I did not.

9 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

It is projection - if all Republicans are cool with pussy grabbing if a Republican does it, then all Democrats are cool with whatever it is Cuomo did because he is a Democrat. Poor Doggy doesn't get how impossible it is to organize Democrats to that extent :rolleyes:

The reality is that I have condemned Trump's boorish behavior over and over again. It baffling to me how that's ignored. The reason I am derided is not that, and it's not because I lie, I don't (although I am sometimes  mistaken). It's because I see things differently than most here and that's a threat. It's why all conservatives are relentlessly and personally attacked here and why there are so few.

Blah blah blah look at me, look at me.

Come on guys.  Step away from the bar of stupidity and let's rejoin the feast of conversation.  (I've been watching top gear lately.)

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Do a search for how many times I called Trump an asshole.....Go

Sorry, pal.  I don't do your bidding.

You start a thread, hoping to catch some of us defending the indefensible.  No one did.  You failed.  Miserably.

In doing so, you exposed your own hypocrisy.

21 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sorry, pal.  I don't do your bidding.

You start a thread, hoping to catch some of us defending the indefensible.  No one did.  You failed.  Miserably.

In doing so, you exposed your own hypocrisy.

No, but you have no problem making assertions about me you know to be false.

As for my motivations in starting this thread you're simply wrong... and BTW, what is it you say about posters who pretend to know what another is thinking anyway?

6 minutes ago, Dog said:

No, but you have no problem making assertions about me you know to be false.

As for my motivations in starting this thread you're simply wrong... and BTW, what is it you say about posters who pretend to know what another is thinking anyway?

So, you start a thread alleging a Democrat is "toast" because of allegations of sexual harassment.

I don't recall you doing that, or even voicing the same sentiment, when others brought up E. Jean Carroll alleging the same of The Former Guy.

It is for that reason I, and other posters, se this as just another example of you partisan hypocrisy.

And, as for actually knowing what you think, it would be easier if you answered questions and stated actual positions, instead of getting cute with terminology and being intentionally vague.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

So, you start a thread alleging a Democrat is "toast" because of allegations of sexual harassment.

I don't recall you doing that, or even voicing the same sentiment, when others brought up E. Jean Carroll alleging the same of The Former Guy.

It is for that reason I, and other posters, se this as just another example of you partisan hypocrisy.

And, as for actually knowing what you think, it would be easier if you answered questions and stated actual positions, instead of getting cute with terminology and being intentionally vague.

Calling Trump an asshole must be "intentionally vague" to you.

14 minutes ago, Dog said:

Calling Trump an asshole must be "intentionally vague" to you.

When taken together with all the times you excused, dismissed, and defended his words and actions, an occasional use of the word "asshole" hardly moves the needle.

And, if memory serves, you respond with an "asshole" only after having excused, dismissed and defended The Former Guy and got called on it.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

When taken together with all the times you excused, dismissed, and defended his words and actions, an occasional use of the word "asshole" hardly moves the needle.

And, if memory serves, you respond with an "asshole" only after having excused, dismissed and defended The Former Guy and got called on it.

I respond with a "asshole" when I think he's being an asshole. I defend him, or more often his policy preferences, when I think he/they are being falsely attacked.  You, on the other hand, have no qualms about making shit up about me and treating it as fact...why do you do that?

12 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

So dog has a bit of a Messiah complex?

He's here to save us?

What a fucking idiot.

Heh, I was looking for that exact wording. A messiah complex :D

When's he going to post, "forgive them father ..."dah dee dah.

15 hours ago, Dog said:

Pussy grabbing?  Silly insults and names to those who oppose you?  Cuddling up to dictators?  Pardoning folks who don't deserve it?  Despoiling the environment?  A tax cut without any rational basis?  Firing anyone with competence and then demeaning them?

Why oh why are you so misunderstood in your allegiance to little don and his minions?

Just now, Ease the sheet. said:

I'm not surprised.

It's about the effects of the perception of superiority.

That's why I'm not surprised.

You don't see a racial component?

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

President Johnson lead the USA forward in amazing ways as it relates to race.  Is that what you are trying to underline?

10 minutes ago, Dog said:

A component? No

Unless you believe one "race" is superior than another.

Replace colour descriptors with wealth descriptors and the quote is still relevant.

It's about the feeling of superiority,  whatever the reason.

The person who feels superior will gladly compromise themselves to maintain that feeling of superiority.

It's why you continually step on your dick.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Dog said:

Wow, all the hubris and delusion of a Happy Malarkey. Seek help before it's too late.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Replace colour descriptors with wealth descriptors and the quote is still relevant.

It's about the feeling of superiority,  whatever the reason.

Well, the quote is partly about social hierarchy and also partly about race. 

LBJ is beating up on the white race, and rightly so. 

And history has proven that he was correct, except that we whites are worse then he imagined. 

After the Civil and Voting Rights Acts, LBJ predicted that the Dem Party would lose the South for a generation - 

but it's already been 2 1/2 generations. 

26 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

After the Civil and Voting Rights Acts, LBJ predicted that the Dem Party would lose the South for a generation - 

but it's already been 2 1/2 generations. 

1976.png

5 hours ago, Dog said:

Did I say anything at all about posters defending Coumo? Rhetorical, I did not.

That's all you got??  After all these years??  Pathetic..  Go crawl back under your rock..  

4 hours ago, Dog said:

The reality is that I have condemned Trump's boorish behavior over and over again. It baffling to me how that's ignored. The reason I am derided is not that, and it's not because I lie, I don't (although I am sometimes  mistaken). It's because I see things differently than most here and that's a threat. It's why all conservatives are relentlessly and personally attacked here and why there are so few.

No.  Wrong, we do not want to personallty attack anyone, that;s the point.  Normal people do not personally attack anyone anytime in a normal working society.  You fucks have flipped that and that is the reason we cannot have nice things.  You and your elk do not get that.  nThe other side does not hold the vittrol toward you as you hold towards them.  You are fighting/yelling/instigating against an immaginary enemy that is simply standing there and looking at you weird..  It's strange.  

2 minutes ago, shaggy said:

No.  Wrong, we do not want to personallty attack anyone, that;s the point.  Normal people do not personally attack anyone anytime in a normal working society.  You fucks have flipped that and that is the reason we cannot have nice things.  You and your elk do not get that.  nThe other side does not hold the vittrol toward you as you hold towards them.  You are fighting/yelling/instigating against an immaginary enemy that is simply standing there and looking at you weird..  It's strange.  

You couldn't prove it by this group.

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

nonsense

Try actually reading the posts. Your asinine ideas are attacked constantly. Your bullshitting is called out. The hypocrisy of suddenly giving a damn about who is sexually assaulted by whom has been laid out in this thread. Your ignorance is described regularly.   Only the lunatic fringe attacks your looks. 

28 minutes ago, Dog said:

Prove what exactly??  We are on post 85 now...  What are you arguing about.  We agreed in post # 4.  What are you trying to say??  

2 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Prove what exactly??  We are on post 85 now...  What are you arguing about.  We agreed in post # 4.  What are you trying to say??  

It doesn't matter as long as someone pays attention to him. Poor snowflake.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Try actually reading the posts. Your asinine ideas are attacked constantly. Your bullshitting is called out. The hypocrisy of suddenly giving a damn about who is sexually assaulted by whom has been laid out in this thread. Your ignorance is described regularly.   Only the lunatic fringe attacks your looks. 

Attack his looks? What, is Dog some kind of ugly freak whose Mom dresses him funny?

I have never seen that occur, here. If so, I missed it and I apologize in advance

- DSK

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Your non-stop dishonesty is deserving of derision, and it is the main cause behind the treatment you receive.  Poor you.  If you haven't noticed, folks here are perfectly able and willing to criticize democrats when it is necessary - like the alleged actions of Cuomo.

Your arrogance in assuming that you are derided just because we disagree with you is laughable, and simply another example of your continuing dishonest behavior.

Actions have consequences.  Just like elections.

Bullshitter.

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

Your non-stop dishonesty is deserving of derision, and it is the main cause behind the treatment you receive.  If you haven't noticed, folks here are perfectly able and willing to criticize democrats when it is necessary - like the alleged actions of Cuomo.

Your arrogance in assuming that you are derided just because we disagree with you is laughable, and simply another example of your continuing dishonest.

Bullshitter.

No...Conservatives are routinely personally attacked on this forum simply for expressing conservative views. There used to be more of us but most have bailed and who could blame them. You're doing it now.