Neo-Liberal agenda - back in Syria.

How is this different from Trump going after the Iranian general?  I mean, other than the fact that said general might have been actually helping get rid of ISIL.  

38 minutes ago, Venom said:

The State of Israel has been bombing Iranian-backed militias in Syria regularly.  Most governments don't have a turn the other cheek policy.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/2021/january/israel-reportedly-bombs-iranian-backed-targets-in-syria-killing-23

1 hour ago, Rain Man said:

How is this different from Trump going after the Iranian general?  I mean, other than the fact that said general might have been actually helping get rid of ISIL.  

No different. How's this different from the neocon agenda? How's using Trump's failure and stupidity justify your own stupidity, cowardice and hypocrisy? 

• Downvote 1

How is this different from  Whatabout Trump going after the Iranian general?

(edited for brevity)

It's not different. Blessed bipartisan unity has been achieved again!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hasher said:

The State of Israel has been bombing Iranian-backed militias in Syria regularly.  Most governments don't have a turn the other cheek policy.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel/2021/january/israel-reportedly-bombs-iranian-backed-targets-in-syria-killing-23

So that gives you the right to bomb Syria? 

• Downvote 1
Just now, Venom said:

So that gives you the right to bomb Syria? 

Self defense is widely recognized.

Let me get this straight:

Obama starts Syria war,

The Orange Hitler stops Syria war and  is the first POTUS in 80 years to not start any foreign conflict

It takes 36 day for Creepy Joe to bomb  Syria again.

Am I missing something here? Honest question, I basically follow US politics only here in SA so all my info is as fucked up as you can imagine.

I really must say you have me confused.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, chuso007 said:

Obama starts Syria war,

The Orange Hitler stops Syria war and  is the first POTUS in 80 years to not start any foreign conflict

Am I missing something here? Honest question, I basically follow US politics only here in SA so all my info is as fucked up as you can imagine.

Iranian back militia fire missiles into Iraq, hitting American base, Americans fire back.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I have no problem with this. I don't believe it's part of an increasing American role in the middle east because "neocon".

I have a problem with an increasing American role in the Middle East.

I also don't think Obama "started" the war in Syria... fuck, when I was in the Navy and one of our jobs was chasing dinosaurs out of the pool, we did missions in Lebanon and Syria.

But being nice to Iran has to be predicated on them not shooting missiles at our soldiers, even if there's a big question WTF our soldiers are doing there.

- DSK

• Like 1
3 hours ago, chuso007 said:

Obama starts Syria war,

NOT STARTING A FORIEGN CONFLICT:

April 13, 2018, 6:12 PM PDT / Updated April 14, 2018, 5:56 AM PDT

By Daniel Arkin, F. Brinley Bruton and Phil McCausland

President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the United States military — in conjunction with France and the United Kingdom — to launch strikes on Syria in retaliation for a suspected chemical weapons attack by the regime of President Bashar al-Assad on a Damascus suburb last week.

Trump announces strikes on Syria following suspected chemical weapons attack by Assad forces (nbcnews.com)

STARTING A FORIEGN CONFLICT:

Feb. 25, 2021, 4:58 PM PST / Updated Feb. 26, 2021, 6:59 AM PST

By Dan De Luce, Mosheh Gains and Charlene Gubash

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Thursday ordered airstrikes on buildings in Syria that the Pentagon said were used by Iranian-backed militias, in retaliation for rocket attacks on U.S. targets in neighboring Iraq.

Biden orders airstrikes in Syria, retaliating against Iran-backed militias (nbcnews.com)

I agree.  You are fucking confused.

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Iranian back militia fire missiles into Iraq, hitting American base, Americans fire back.

Sounds like Iran was testing the new prez. Now they know.

9 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Same populist ice cream, slightly different flavor.

We need to solve these problems with careful work in humanitarian development, not by blowing shit up.

7 hours ago, Venom said:

No different. How's this different from the neocon agenda? How's using Trump's failure and stupidity justify your own stupidity, cowardice and hypocrisy? 

Excellent.  I'm glad to hear you are unilaterally against these acts of aggression.  Now, are you planning on doing something about it no matter which party is in power?   Eg. sending emails to your congress-critter or whatever passes as participatory democracy in the US?  

I'm off today protesting my left-wing government's decision to support logging more old-growth forest, when we are down to single digit % left.  Ah, retired life.....

Syria began to unravel during the Arab Spring. The rebellion was made far worse by Saudi and Israel, and then others. 

The US should not have gotten involved, and directed Saudi and Israel to butt out. 

But, had the US not intervened, ISIS would likely still be a power in Syria. (ISIS is pretty much a Saudi project) 

Complicating things even further is the fact that the Assad govt. is mostly made up of Alawites - a version of Shia Islam. 

Ugly as the Assad govt. is, things could get worse if it fell. ISIS and Sunni fundamentalists have pledged to exterminate the Alawites. 

It's hard to see how the Biden attack will improve the situation. 

And oh yeah, no USAean is allowed to say or write that Iran is not complying with a treaty that the US itself blew up. 

1 minute ago, AJ Oliver said:

Syria began to unravel during the Arab Spring. The rebellion was made far worse by Saudi and Israel, and then others. 

The US should not have gotten involved, and directed Saudi and Israel to butt out. 

But, had the US not intervened, ISIS would likely still be a power in Syria. (ISIS is pretty much a Saudi project) 

Complicating things even further is the fact that the Assad govt. is mostly made up of Alawites - a version of Shia Islam. 

Ugly as the Assad govt. is, things could get worse if it fell. ISIS and Sunni fundamentalists have pledged to exterminate the Alawites. 

And oh yeah, no USAean is allowed to say or write that Iran is not complying with a treaty that the US itself blew up. 

"Directed" sovereign nations what to about the security of their own countries with a war that exists on their borders?

And you label Americans who disagree with you as of the "Reich"? Should Britain "direct" the USA to our policy with Canada?  For all this Nazi-bating, you have an odd predilection to putting USA at the center of a global instruction assembly line. We probably shouldn't have been involved militarily in Syria, but we have no position to order around other countries.

19 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

It is vastly less complex than all of the above.

New guy is in charge here. Iran decided to give him a little poke and see how he reacted. Pretty much the same as the new guy on the cellblock is going to get his lunch stolen. The old guys want to see if they are dealing with someone with balls or the new prison bitch of cell block B.

Biden has no wish to be a prison bitch, so he poked back. Far from being an obstacle to treaty negotiations, this will actually help, the Iranians will know they are dealing with someone serious.

* if American troops should be there to be shot at is an ENTIRELY different issue that predates the new guy, but no President worthy of the title (cough Russian bounties cough) can ignore his troops being killed.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Excellent.  I'm glad to hear you are unilaterally against these acts of aggression.  Now, are you planning on doing something about it no matter which party is in power?   Eg. sending emails to your congress-critter or whatever passes as participatory democracy in the US?  

I'm off today protesting my left-wing government's decision to support logging more old-growth forest, when we are down to single digit % left.  Ah, retired life.....

You could take the lead from the US. Cut it all down until you have just enough for a wooded disneyland.

4 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Where's venom now that he's been shown that his orange chimp did the exact same thing?

Probably down at the bar, drinking from the toilet again.

8 hours ago, benwynn said:

NOT STARTING A FORIEGN CONFLICT:

April 13, 2018, 6:12 PM PDT / Updated April 14, 2018, 5:56 AM PDT

By Daniel Arkin, F. Brinley Bruton and Phil McCausland

President Donald Trump on Friday ordered the United States military — in conjunction with France and the United Kingdom — to launch strikes on Syria in retaliation for a suspected chemical weapons attack by the regime of President Bashar al-Assad on a Damascus suburb last week.

Trump announces strikes on Syria following suspected chemical weapons attack by Assad forces (nbcnews.com)

STARTING A FORIEGN CONFLICT:

Feb. 25, 2021, 4:58 PM PST / Updated Feb. 26, 2021, 6:59 AM PST

By Dan De Luce, Mosheh Gains and Charlene Gubash

WASHINGTON — President Joe Biden on Thursday ordered airstrikes on buildings in Syria that the Pentagon said were used by Iranian-backed militias, in retaliation for rocket attacks on U.S. targets in neighboring Iraq.

Biden orders airstrikes in Syria, retaliating against Iran-backed militias (nbcnews.com)

I agree.  You are fucking confused.

Dropping bombs on heads rarely wins hearts and minds.  Sometimes, it get the attention of people who don't want bombs dropped on their heads.

I agree that violence sucks.  Diplomacy works.  Unfortunately, the world remains a bit difficult.  Hard lessons must be given.  If a rap on your hands with a strong ruler doesn't work, pull down your pants young man, a thick yardstick striking your bottom might help your brain.

5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Get the USA out of the Middle East. Let them kill each other, they have been doing it since the beginning of time.

Develop our own Oil and gas.

Yes, this is, unfortunately, the right thing to do.  The situation over there is vastly more complex than even a well-intentioned foreign government can navigate.  Best to leave the hornet's nest alone.  

But, that also means not selling weapons to any of the sides, and working to stop others (Russia, China) from doing so.  

25 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Yes, this is, unfortunately, the right thing to do.  The situation over there is vastly more complex than even a well-intentioned foreign government can navigate.  Best to leave the hornet's nest alone.  

But, that also means not selling weapons to any of the sides, and working to stop others (Russia, China) from doing so.  

Good luck with that.

7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Which god do you pray to?

I'd hate to put you on the list, but...

You need to worship the right god.  Or else what are you except a heathen?

Please get back to me by Tuesday, that's when then drones will be entering your airspace.

But it's money.  Have some humanity!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, hasher said:

I'd hate to put you on the list, but...

You need to worship the right god.  Or else what are you except a heathen?

Please get back to me by Tuesday, that's when then drones will be entering your airspace.

You're going to call in some Chanters?

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

You're going to call in some Chanters?

I find it uplifting.  I have some incense too.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Good luck with that.

Yeah, sad, but true, never going to happen.  Since we're dreaming, if we took all the money that has been spent on pointless wars over there and just gave it to the people that live there, they would all be so wealthy that war would be the farthest thing from their minds.  They'd be wondering when they could book their next afternoon at the spa, or whatever the ME equivalent of that is.

3 hours ago, hasher said:

I'd hate to put you on the list, but..

Well, to be a bit more clear, I claim no particular expertise . . 

I just gave you what I think are some of the important factors involved. 

In general, blowing stuff up is not the preferred option from my jaded (Vets For Peace) point of view. 

4 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Yeah, sad, but true, never going to happen.  Since we're dreaming, if we took all the money that has been spent on pointless wars over there and just gave it to the people that live there, they would all be so wealthy that war would be the farthest thing from their minds.  They'd be wondering when they could book their next afternoon at the spa, or whatever the ME equivalent of that is.

You're right.

We can't just give money away, it would fund terror. But we can invest it in small business, like the Marshall plan. We used to say that "poverty is the breeding ground of Communism" but what we actually meant was "Poverty is the breeding ground of terrorism."

Honestly, as Americans we do lose a good number of wars, or at least don't really see a definitive victory; Vietnam, Korea, Gulf War, Afghan War,  Iraq War. WWI wasn't really a win, since it led to WWII, Laos, Cambodia and Bay of Pigs,

But us Americans kick ass in economic war, everything from Hollywood to Coca Cola to McDonalds to Levis jeans, country music, cotton candy and Green Label Jack Daniels. We make the things that the world wants. So why not focus on that in Syria? We can buy their produce and their resources, and we can market it, and sell them Halal versions of junk food with animal-free Pop Tarts and Gummy Worms. Work against poverty and we'll work against terror. It ain't rocket surgery.

But why would we do any of that when the reality is summed up here?

13 hours ago, badlatitude said:

It's just stimulus for the military industrial complex.

That's ultimately the reality here. The military-industrial complex wants to sell their stuff just as much as Hollywood and Coca Cola and Levis and Gummy Worms. But in order to do so, the demos need to blow some stuff up. How can we wrap our heads around peace when our culture is so dedicated to war? We celebrate warriors, even to the point of giving them a priority spot in our efforts of peace. It's nuts.

On 2/27/2021 at 2:09 AM, mikewof said:

Should Britain "direct" the USA to our policy with Canada?

They did during the 1953 Iranian coup d'état orchestrated by the United States' Central Intelligence Agency so why not? 

21 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I see Vermin's home from the bar.

I see your home from the cycle jerk. :D 

• Downvote 1
On 2/26/2021 at 6:25 PM, hasher said:

Self defense is widely recognized.

Get out. It's not your country. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Venom said:

hey vermin, you're right, the dems are the war party. way to score political points.

hey vermin, that was sarcasm.

you're an idiot.

On 2/26/2021 at 2:09 PM, mikewof said:

And you label Americans who disagree with you as of the "Reich"?

You are a liar, and you know it. 

The appellation "Reich" is reserved for a select few far right wingers, as you well know. 

You don't quite qualify, but keep working on it and you will get there. 

And do you really think that wanna be fascism (i.e., Reichista) is just a term that I throw around loosely  . .  ??? 

Think again . .    You too, Mr. Grog   @Grog 

Wake up and smell the Zyklon B 

image.jpeg.de3c28df0d2784fc1ff515ac0e0d0456.jpeg

4 hours ago, Venom said:

They did during the 1953 Iranian coup d'état orchestrated by the United States' Central Intelligence Agency so why not? 

So Britain directed the US in a CIA orchestrated coup?

Who does the CIA work for?

Why was Britain acting as a middle man?

9 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Should be required reading

• Downvote 1
12 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

You are a liar, and you know it. 

The appellation "Reich" is reserved for a select few far right wingers, as you well know. 

You don't quite qualify, but keep working on it and you will get there. 

And do you really think that wanna be fascism (i.e., Reichista) is just a term that I throw around loosely  . .  ??? 

Wake up and smell the Zyklon B 

image.jpeg.de3c28df0d2784fc1ff515ac0e0d0456.jpeg

You write that I'm a "liar" as you "loosely" throw around your "members of the Reich" thing?

There are no more Nazis, they were defeated in WWII. There may be Neo-Nazis, so you would use that term, but you don't. And just because someone disagrees with you, no more makes them a "Nazi" then you would be a "Nazi" for those who disagree with you.

This thing of labeling people "Nazis" and "members of the Reich", it's just a dirty trick to shut down conversation by equating your ideological differences as tantamount to something they are not. It's a filthy habit, and it will come back to punish our ideals eventually. You seem not to care.

17 hours ago, Venom said:

It's true. Eisenhower wanted no part of it. And we had an equitable deal with Saudia that triggered Mosadeq to shut down the oil exports. But what the fucking Royals want, the Royals get, so Churchill was enlisted and when he failed with Ike, he found receptive ears with the Dulles brothers.

A.J. Oliver claims that the U.S.A. should "direct" Saudia and Israel to their security. He doesn't see a problem with that, like The British Royals didn't have a problem with getting the USA to depose a democratically-elected leader in Iran. 

That's about as "progressive" as King Henry VIII executing Ann Boleyn and her family.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Britain wasn't acting as a "middle man" they were the "man" who wanted the oil revenue back from Iran, because Mohammed Mosadeq no longer wanted his people to be economically raped by the British Royals any longer. He saw that the USA conducted an equitable deal with Saudia for their oil and he expected the same deal from the British royals. Churchill was one of the "middle men" as were the Dulles Brothers. 

Yeah, Aussies and Canadians have a soft spot for Britain, but at least you should learn some of the bits they would prefer you forget. The rise of Radical Islamic Fundamentalism and the USA's manipulated role in this, is a direct result of Britain's methods of economic conquer and refusal to release that wealth.

The USA and Britain are the tightest of allies, but this has come at a much larger cost to us, than them.

13 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

[snip]

[snip]

AJ, if there is one thing in this world that I hate it is Nazis and what they have done.

I respect you as a veteran, a vet for peace and as a scholar, but I still maintain the position that your political pet project of labeling modern cosplay fascists "Reich" is factually false and ridicules history and the victims.

Please respect that and don't mention me again, especially when you are in a quarrel with mikey.

(Trying hard to be civil here! Even mentioning Zyklon B is more than a bit rich.)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Britain wasn't acting as a "middle man" they were the "man" who wanted the oil revenue back from Iran, because Mohammed Mosadeq no longer wanted his people to be economically raped by the British Royals any longer. He saw that the USA conducted an equitable deal with Saudia for their oil and he expected the same deal from the British royals. Churchill was one of the "middle men" as were the Dulles Brothers. 

Fractured fairy tale alert: Ike totally signed off on the Iran coup - as well as the coup in Guatemala which was arguably worse. US-Saudi oil deal was anything but "equitable", especially pre-ARAMCO. Then, also under Ike, the US did its best to install authoritarian right wing governments in Vietnam, South Korea, Indonesia, and elsewhere. 

Actual leftists know this history. 

Fractured fairy tale alert: Ike totally signed off on the Iran coup - as well as the coup in Guatemala which was arguably worse. US-Saudi oil deal was anything but "equitable", especially pre-ARAMCO. Then, also under Ike, the US did its best to install authoritarian right wing governments in Vietnam, South Korea, Indonesia, and elsewhere. 

Actual leftists know this history. 

Ike rejected it twice. He "signed off" on it once he had essentially no choice, with the Dulles Brothers essentially strangling the normal channels, and it's apparently part of the reason he left office warning about the military-industrial complex.

The equitable U.S.-Saudi deal WAS the ARab AMerican COmpany. That was the deal that pushed Mosadeq over the edge, he had been pushing for that for years. Anything prior to ARAMCO was just the typical British exploitation model.

If you were actual lefty, you would know about Ike's efforts on this, and how he was unable to stop the juggernaut of the Dulles Brothers. Eisenhower came out of the office a different person that the man who went in. He went in believing the need to free the world of the chains of the "enemy" and he left the office with the enemy in sight, that was ourselves. And if you were actually a progressive rather than a poseur, you would shut the fuck up with your constant Nazi baiting.

50 minutes ago, mikewof said:

If you were actual lefty,

Speaking of actual lefties, you gave yourself away with your totally nonsensical indictment of the British "Royals". 

You are or were a La Rochie weren't you ???

(For the rest of ya, the La Rochies were just about the most bizarre cult to ever infect our local space-time continuum. But I've heard they make a lot of sense out there in the multiverse somewhere . .) 

Now is about the time for Mikey to start lecturing us about the perfidy of the Queen Mum. 

6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Speaking of actual lefties, you gave yourself away with your totally nonsensical indictment of the British "Royals". 

You are or were a La Rochie weren't you ???

(For the rest of ya, the La Rochies were just about the most bizarre cult to ever infect our local space-time continuum. But I've heard they make a lot of sense out there in the multiverse somewhere . .) 

Now is about the time for Mikey to start lecturing us about the perfidy of the Queen Mum. 

You seem oddly fascinated with sussing out the "imposters." Why would anyone fake their political compass? You must be one of these foil-hatted conspiracists who thinks their secret organization is being spied upon by plants.

La Roche ... they used to hang out in the airports. Not really a fan, but they were at least less annoying than the Hare Krishnas. The one thing they did get right, even back in the 197os, they saw the writing on the wall of the impending death of "overpopulation." They warned of the coming age of underpopulation, which they saw as a threat to their "fusion-based government." They actually wanted overpopulation, but didn't see the likelihood of that happening.

As for the Crown, support them as you wish. I've little doubt that you see them as allies in your twisted tale of disinformation.

2 minutes ago, mikewof said:

La Roche ... they used to hang out in the airports. Not really a fan, but they were at least less annoying than the Hare Krishnas. The one thing they did get right, even back in the 197os, they saw the writing on the wall of the impending death of "overpopulation." They warned of the coming age of underpopulation, which they saw as a threat to their "fusion-based government." They actually wanted overpopulation, but didn't see the likelihood of that happening.

Yep, that was their line . .  

You spent some time cruising those airports I reckon. 

And to be clear, they were (and are for all I know) Bat S__t crazy 

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Yep, that was their line . .  

You spent some time cruising those airports I reckon. 

And to be clear, they were (and are for all I know) Bat S__t crazy 

I spent some time in airports, and I've spoken to Hare Krishnas, Fusionists and intoxicated elderly women, I prefer the latter.

I have no problem speaking with people who don't share my ideologies, in fact, I tend to learn things by speaking to people who don't share my ideologies. I've even spoken to emotionally ill people and enjoyed their company, and I didn't have the need to label them as "bat shit crazy." They're people. But yeah, some people are afraid of new ideas. Some people are homophobic because they don't understand their own sexuality, so they fear certain people. Same thing goes with ethics and ideologies, I reckon.

I see Vermin still hasn't managed to address the issue about his ornageness doing the exact same thing.  So when Trump does it, no problem.  But Biden?  Oh my god.  The Humanity!

Time to throw some more memes or 9gag quotes around vermin.

13 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I see Vermin still hasn't managed to address the issue about his ornageness doing the exact same thing.  So when Trump does it, no problem.  But Biden?  Oh my god.  The Humanity!

Time to throw some more memes or 9gag quotes around vermin.

Yes I did you stupid half-wit.

Now run along and get back to blowing yourself. 

• Downvote 1
42 minutes ago, Venom said:

Yes I did you stupid half-wit.

Now run along and get back to blowing yourself. 

No memes this time?  Your trolling lacks commitment.

18 hours ago, Grog said:

AJ, if there is one thing in this world that I hate it is Nazis and what they have done.

I respect you as a veteran, a vet for peace and as a scholar, but I still maintain the position that your political pet project of labeling modern cosplay fascists "Reich" is factually false and ridicules history and the victims.

Please respect that and don't mention me again, especially when you are in a quarrel with mikey.

(Trying hard to be civil here! Even mentioning Zyklon B is more than a bit rich.)

Thing is - the actual 1920s-early 30s Nazis were also drunk cosplay buffoons from backwoods Bavaria that cosmopolitan Berliners* laughed at. Suddenly one day they weren't just street brawlers and weren't funny anymore.

* Berlin was a pretty wild party town before Hitler ruined the fun, probably anything at all you could imagine could be found there.

16 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:
18 hours ago, Grog said:

Thing is - the actual 1920s-early 30s Nazis were also drunk cosplay buffoons from backwoods Bavaria that cosmopolitan Berliners* laughed at. Suddenly one day they weren't just street brawlers and weren't funny anymore.

* Berlin was a pretty wild party town before Hitler ruined the fun, probably anything at all you could imagine could be found there.

I agree with Grog's comments and have avoided the Nazi comparisons, but I will contribute a few observations- firstly, that you're right about the buffoons. One big difference is that Hitler managed to attract and gain the loyalty of some pretty capable people. Trump cannot. But that doesn't mean the next guy will be as big of a dumbass.

Seriousness: there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a large number of Trump supporters would LOVE to have concentration camps, torture, executions, etc etc. Our neighborhood came scarily close to Trumpalo-on-Democrat violence last summer. We had a few cases in the national news but they were not generally phrased as such. It's obvious what it was about. And the Trumpalos here all applauded, calling for more. But they are currently lacking leadership. Will the next leader jump from the ranks of the Proud Boys or Oath Keepers into a political office? Or is this the high-tide mark?

The USA is fighitng a right-wing terrorist insurgency. The fact that it is largely supported by the Republican Party does not change what it actually is.

- DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I agree with Grog's comments and have avoided the Nazi comparisons, but I will contribute a few observations- firstly, that you're right about the buffoons. One big difference is that Hitler managed to attract and gain the loyalty of some pretty capable people. Trump cannot. But that doesn't mean the next guy will be as big of a dumbass.

Seriousness: there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that a large number of Trump supporters would LOVE to have concentration camps, torture, executions, etc etc. Our neighborhood came scarily close to Trumpalo-on-Democrat violence last summer. We had a few cases in the national news but they were not generally phrased as such. It's obvious what it was about. And the Trumpalos here all applauded, calling for more. But they are currently lacking leadership. Will the next leader jump from the ranks of the Proud Boys or Oath Keepers into a political office? Or is this the high-tide mark?

The USA is fighitng a right-wing terrorist insurgency. The fact that it is largely supported by the Republican Party does not change what it actually is.

- DSK

Next guy will probably take pains not to make enemies of the DOD, CIA, FBI, and NSA :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Many cities in the US were far more or at least as "wild" as Berlin during 1920s-early 30s. Pretty damn boring in comparison to the present day. Hell, nowadays you can't even drink a beer on the goddamn beach without getting shot or choked out by a cop. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Next guy will probably take pains not to make enemies of the DOD, CIA, FBI, and NSA :rolleyes:

They can get you six ways to Sunday. :ph34r:

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Next guy will probably take pains not to make enemies of the DOD, CIA, FBI, and NSA

That would be smart, considering how many people with a strong authoritarian ideals are in those agencies (and the military... and the police); but the problem is that ti will take careful and patient diplomacy. The professionals in those agencies all know what loony-tunes right-wing terrorists are, and almost 100% refuse to get involved. Which is good for America and a sign that they system has worked, so far. But no guarantee it will continue to do so, especially given the erosion of professional standards.

Hmmm, society's decay and decline... isn't that something CONSERVATIVES claim to be worried about?

- DSK

3 hours ago, Venom said:

There we go.  Back to un-informed memes.  My faith is restored.

But I'm still confused about one thing.  Have you finally admitted that what Biden did is simply the status quo?  Or are you still in denial that your orange lord-ship did the same thing?

9 hours ago, Grrr... said:

what Biden did is simply the status quo

My point exactly! 

The latest illegal US bombing campion killed at least 20 brown skin people. President Biden is re-igniting the failed US intervention launched in 2014 against Syria under the Obama administration. Biden wasted no time in reversing Trump’s disengagement strategy for the Middle East. Within 24 hours of Biden being inaugurated commander-in-chief, US military convoys coincidently began pouring into northern Syria. The Biden administration, from the neocon Secretary of State Blinken down, enthusiastically supported the US “regime change” policy for Syria under President Obama – a policy that only benefitted al-Qaeda and its affiliates in the region. Earlier this month it was reported that the US was building a new military base in Syria, near the Iraq and Turkey borders. 

Under Trump the US unlawfully launched 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles from the Mediterranean Sea into Syria damaged over a dozen hangars, a fuel depot, and an air defense base in retaliation for them "gassing their own people" (was that ever proven?)  Nope, no need.

Obama came to office pledging to end George W Bush’s wars. he promptly went to work doing just that. One bombing technique that President Obama championed is drone strikes. As drone-warrior-in-chief, he spread the use of drones outside the declared battlefields of Afghanistan and Iraq, mainly to Pakistan and Yemen. Obama authorized over 10 times more drone strikes than George W Bush, and automatically painted all males of military age in these regions as combatants, making them fair game for remote controlled killing.

The Neo-Liberal agenda is back, they are wasting no time and not a peep from the supposed progressives and middle school teachers that troll this forum!   :lol:

• Downvote 1
15 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Have you finally admitted that what Biden did is simply the status quo?  Or are you still in denial that your orange lord-ship did the same thing?

Are you finally going to read post 4 of this thread?

1 hour ago, Pedagogical Tom said:

Are you finally going to read post 4 of this thread?

And are YOU going to learn what intellectual dishonesty means?  Venom, and Dog, and some others here seem incapable of criticizing their own side.  Trump did these things for 4 years, and we didn't hear a peep out of venom about it.  That type of one-sided memory deserves ridicule.

20 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Have you finally admitted that what Biden did is simply the status quo? 

Biden did the status quo. That is 100% undeniable.

1. G.W. Bush dropped bombs on brown people in deserts by remote control,
  2. Obama dropped bombs on brown people in deserts by remote control,
  3. Trump dropped bombs on brown people in deserts by remote control,
  4. Biden dropped bombs on brown people in deserts by remote control.

Who's next to continue this proud American march of the "status quo" and unwilling to stand for real American values?

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Biden did the status quo. That is 100% undeniable.

1. G.W. Bush dropped bombs on brown people in deserts by remote control,
  2. Obama dropped bombs on brown people in deserts by remote control,
  3. Trump dropped bombs on brown people in deserts by remote control,
  4. Biden dropped bombs on brown people in deserts by remote control.

Who's next to continue this proud American march of the "status quo" and unwilling to stand for real American values?

Never said I supported it.  I 100% do not.

But Venom's duplicity needs to be pointed out.

I don't think we've ever had the moral high ground to claim to be the world's police for, and it's well past time we STOP.

6 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Never said I supported it.  I 100% do not.

But Venom's duplicity needs to be pointed out.

I don't think we've ever had the moral high ground to claim to be the world's police for, and it's well past time we STOP.

We aren't the world's police. We're the "free" world's weapon's dealer. The policing is just to demonstrate the product.

We have a deal with the terrorists ... we kill brown daddies to make new orphans for their machine, and they give us a reason to show the goods. Profit is the goal of both sides. And then we average shmoes in the USA bitch about politics, and the average brown shmoes in the deserts cry at graves of blown-up daddies. We may not necessarily like this lifestyle, but it pays for the bottles of champagne artisanal mustard delivered to our doors by Amazon Prime.

• Like 1
On 3/1/2021 at 9:24 AM, Steam Flyer said:

Why not just call them the Reichistas that they are ??? 

It should come as a surprise to no one that  . 

this thread is mis-titled. 

Neo-liberalism has almost nothing to do with an aggressive and interventionist foreign policy. 

Neo-con would be more appropriate. 

11 hours ago, Venom said:

Neo-Liberal

Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism[1] is the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with economic liberalism and free-market capitalism.[2]:7[3] It is generally associated with policies of economic liberalization, including privatization, deregulation, globalization, free trade, austerity and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society;[4][12] however, the defining features of neoliberalism in both thought and practice have been the subject of substantial scholarly debate.[13][14]

Try to use words in a way that they are generally understood.  Words aren't wandering quarks.

It should come as a surprise to no one that  . 

this thread is mis-titled. 

Neo-liberalism has almost nothing to do with an aggressive and interventionist foreign policy. 

Neo-con would be more appropriate. 

Okay, let's call it the Neocon agenda if you like. 

Fact is that Biden’s Secretary of Defense came to the Administration straight from his previous position on the board of, you guessed it, Raytheon! 

If your okay with that then I'm proven correct in my assessment that you're a goddamn hypocrite. 

Fact is that Biden's illegal bombing and occupation in Syria has achieved nothing in the US interest. 

Fact is that initiating a war against a country that did not attack and does not threaten the United States without Congressional authority is illegal and an impeachable offense.

• Downvote 1
9 hours ago, hasher said:

Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism[1] is the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with economic liberalism and free-market capitalism.[2]:7[3] It is generally associated with policies of economic liberalization, including privatization, deregulation, globalization, free trade, austerity and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society;[4][12] however, the defining features of neoliberalism in both thought and practice have been the subject of substantial scholarly debate.[13][14]

Try to use words in a way that they are generally understood.  Words aren't wandering quarks.

Vermin's a wandering idiot. Of course he can't speak English any better than a three-year-old Shetland pony.

30 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Vermin's a wandering idiot. Of course he can't speak English any better than a three-year-old Shetland pony.

I thought your wife was older than that. :blink:

How often do you speak? 

• Downvote 1
2 hours ago, Venom said:

Okay, let's call it the Neocon agenda if you like. 

Fact is that Biden’s Secretary of Defense came to the Administration straight from his previous position on the board of, you guessed it, Raytheon! 

If your okay with that then I'm proven correct in my assessment that you're a goddamn hypocrite. 

Fact is that Biden's illegal bombing and occupation in Syria has achieved nothing in the US interest. 

Fact is that initiating a war against a country that did not attack and does not threaten the United States without Congressional authority is illegal and an impeachable offense.

I agree with every word of what you wrote up there except the bit in bold.

If we've learned nothing else, it's that any President who initiates a war without Congressional authority is in fact just being the gol' danged most Amurrrican person that a person can be who can't spend a Sunday out on a Pontoon boat, fishin' for bass, and suckin' down peach flavored vodka.

• Like 1