Jump to content

All's quiet on the fiscal responsibility express


Recommended Posts

If anyone doubted that big government has become self serving consider this provision in the Covid relief bill passed entirely by Democrats in the house. $1,400/week, maxing out at a total of $21,000 only for federal employees with school children. If you're not a federal employee, you don't get it... you get to pay for it.

The pork doesn't stop there, the most expensive bill in history ($1.9T) allocates less than 9% towards actual Covid relief, the rest is pork and a bailout for miss-managed municipalities.

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dog said:

If anyone doubted that big government has become self serving consider this provision in the Covid relief bill passed entirely by Democrats in the house. $1,400/week, maxing out at a total of $21,000 only for federal employees with school children. If you're not a federal employee, you don't get it... you get to pay for it.

The pork doesn't stop there, the most expensive bill in history ($1.9T) allocates less than 9% towards actual Covid relief, the rest is pork and a bailout for miss-managed municipalities.

Is there a Republican plan?  Maybe they should just suggest we all eat cake.

You know how that worked out for Mary?

Her body was thrown into an unmarked grave in the Madeleine cemetery located close by in rue d'Anjou. Because its capacity was exhausted the cemetery was closed the following year, on 25 March 1794.[216]

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I thought that Donald Trump strangled fiscal responsibility to death some time ago.

Trump, Bush, Reagan, they have long since relinquished any moral authority. 

The party of fiscal responsibility was a marketing gimmick.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nice! said:

Nuff said.

It's a real credit to the power of the corporate media that so few people are aware of those stats.  

And @Dog will ignore it - demonstrating once again his utter Bad Faithedness (word invention alert) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ronald Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Newt Gingrich

"Unless they're run up by Democratic administration." Dog

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't care about the total cost.  I would compare it to moving a sailboat from NY to LA.  There are several ways to accomplish this, but in the end the boat needs to get to LA.  If the republicans can find a way to get it there faster or cheaper then we should listen to them.  If they want to sail it east, the long way around, then that is too late. If all they are only willing to fund to get it to Kansas City, then they have failed.

The important thing is that we meet the goals set out in the bill and not the total cost.

Of course Trumps Tax cut, raised my taxes and increased the deficit but that doesn't count.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 7:01 AM, Dog said:

 the rest is pork and a bailout for miss-managed municipalities.

Apparently Texans are getting their electric bills paid by the feds. I love this country. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
3 hours ago, Remodel said:

"Ronald Reagan proved that deficits don't matter." Newt Gingrich

Wasn’t that VP Cheney?

Cheney said "Yes, we really CAN bomb our way back to cheap oil" and it worked better than he planned

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
7 hours ago, Nice! said:

FB_IMG_1614577670995.jpg

10. Divide and distract with social issues and outright bullshit. 

Gentlemen, I know that you're trying to be funny.

Soemtimes, as Homer Simpson says, "It's funny 'cuz it's true." This is not funny

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Gentlemen, I know that you're trying to be funny.

Soemtimes, as Homer Simpson says, "It's funny 'cuz it's true." This is not funny

- DSK

It's not at all funny.  That's the playbook. We're in a class war with only one side fighting, and have been for quite some time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It's not at all funny.  That's the playbook. We're in a class war with only one side fighting, and have been for quite some time. 

That's why they've 99.9% won.

And not happy with it, they want it ALL

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's why they've 99.9% won.

And not happy with it, they want it ALL

- DSK

The Best Americans are entitled to Just a Little Bit More. They are our true entitlement class.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Dog said:

blah blah blah

Hey asshole.  Why didn't you bother mentioning that Trump's spending in 2020 was $6.55 trillion?  Far more than Biden's first year plan?  Didn't quite fit the narrative did it?

image.png.59de43485c39e795feab5db573efe28c.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Suddenly, after a 4 year hiatus, the folks on the right suddenly became concerned about spending, again.  Funny, that.

Folks on the right have always been concerned about spending. Spending on their pet projects, and spending in ways that make them wealthier, and hurt the disadvantaged.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Suddenly, after a 4 year hiatus, the folks on the right suddenly became concerned about spending, again.  Funny, that.

Yep.  Now, just so I'm not branded a 'whataboutist', I'll say that I'm happy to see Biden has already begun to REDUCE spending.  Let's hope he now modifies the tax structure as well so we can bring our financials a little closer to break even.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Suddenly, after a 4 year hiatus, the folks on the right suddenly became concerned about spending, again.  Funny, that.

And just as quick the subject becomes taboo...funny that.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Hey asshole.  Why didn't you bother mentioning that Trump's spending in 2020 was $6.55 trillion?  Far more than Biden's first year plan?  Didn't quite fit the narrative did it?

image.png.59de43485c39e795feab5db573efe28c.png

Trumps budget request for 2020 was $4.75T. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dog said:

And just as quick the subject becomes taboo...funny that.

 

 

Who is treating it as "taboo"?  I am sure you can produce names, since you leveled the allegation.

  I, and many others, desire a more fiscally responsible approach. 

Tax cuts to the rich, defended under the delusion that the money will magically "trickle down (despite it NEVER actually happening) is the antithesis of responsibility.

Large spending to get money into the hands of people who are suffering is NOT the same thing.  Sorry (not sorry) for your confusion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dog said:

Trumps budget request for 2020 was $4.75T. 

And yet, the result is far more than that.  Let's see where Biden's final result comes in.  If it's higher than Trump's, I'll be happy to condemn his fiscal policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After multiple republican presidents increasing the deficit enormously with senseless war and tax reforms to make the rich richer a dog finally discovers fiscal responsibility. ROTFL, what a bunch of dogshit.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marty6 said:

After multiple republican presidents increasing the deficit enormously with senseless war and tax reforms to make the rich richer a dog finally discovers fiscal responsibility. ROTFL, what a bunch of dogshit.

Several posters predicted this reversal of position would commence around noon on January 20, 2021. 

Right on cue, the Faithful forgot their preference for a big spending gubmint of the last 4 years and insist we get our fiscal house in order.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fiscal conservative I am hoping for a significant tax increase along with massive infrastructure spending in Biden’s next big move.  Will have to kill the filibuster to get it done but $20-30B directed to WV and AZ should bring Manchin and Sinema onboard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Marty6 said:

After multiple republican presidents increasing the deficit enormously with senseless war and tax reforms to make the rich richer a dog finally discovers fiscal responsibility. ROTFL, what a bunch of dogshit.

You can see their picture in the dictionary under "Rank Hypocrisy"

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fakenews said:

As a fiscal conservative I am hoping for a significant tax increase along with massive infrastructure spending in Biden’s next big move.  Will have to kill the filibuster to get it done but $20-30B directed to WV and AZ should bring Manchin and Sinema onboard.

As long as the tax increase is for the 1%er (or slightly more) and above it would be great. On the other hand why should he suddenly care about federal debt? Leave it for the next Reichista.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Marty6 said:

As long as the tax increase is for the 1%er (or slightly more) and above it would be great. On the other hand why should he suddenly care about federal debt? Leave it for the next Reichista.

I'd also like to see a significant decrease in military spending.  Yeah, I said it.  That's right.  It's about fucking time other countries start either paying us what our services are worth, or we decrease what we're spending and just protect ourselves.

While we're at it, we can start decoupling the distribution and production in multiple industries, and also protect our companies by restricting outside ownership.  We also need to pass additional laws regarding foreign content in critical infrastructure, and start getting money flowing to those companies who can rebuild our systems with American technology.

That was something Trump did RIGHT, and it can be a big olive branch that Biden can hand to republicans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I'd also like to see a significant decrease in military spending.  Yeah, I said it.  That's right.  It's about fucking time other countries start either paying us what our services are worth, or we decrease what we're spending and just protect ourselves.

Why on earth should other countries pay the US for military? Do you really think the US military is somewhere where the US don't have one iota of selfinterest to be? If so you are dillusional. Everywhere they go is for US benefits foremost and others secondary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Marty6 said:

Why on earth should other countries pay the US for military? Do you really think the US military is somewhere where the US don't have one iota of selfinterest to be? If so you are dillusional. Everywhere they go is for US benefits foremost and others secondary.

Oh, I know.  But if we were to remove our umbrella, I think a lot of countries would start singing a different song.  And I'm FINE with removing the umbrella.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Oh, I know.  But if we were to remove our umbrella, I think a lot of countries would start singing a different song.  And I'm FINE with removing the umbrella.

And i'm fine with other countries increasing their own military, as some in my opinion should, instead of ever paying another country for theirs ;) I'm also fine throwing the US out of Ramstein so that they move their killer drone program somewhere else and while at it also close Landstuhl military hospital ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Marty6 said:

And i'm fine with other countries increasing their own military, as some in my opinion should, instead of ever paying another country for theirs ;) I'm also fine throwing the US out of Ramstein so that they move their killer drone program somewhere else and while at it also close Landstuhl military hospital ;)

I'd be fine with the US maintaining just locations in countries that what us to, and letting them pay for it.  Everywhere else?  We SHOULD get out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

I'd be fine with the US maintaining just locations in countries that what us to, and letting them pay for it.  Everywhere else?  We SHOULD get out.

You do know that we have bases in other countries for our strategic benefit, not necessarily theirs, right?  Which other countries have bases in the US?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

By now we have established that the US can strike anywhere in the world in a moment's notice. Allow terrahists to train in your country or otherwise use your country as a base for operations and planning, and we will start getting the impression that you are fostering dreams of freedom and democracy, like Iraq and Afghanistan did. In the event that you do not want the US to do for your country what we did for Iraq and Afghanistan, please keep a lid on your nutters.  We have our hands full dealing with ours at the moment and don't want to have to spank yours for you as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

By now we have established that the US can strike anywhere in the world in a moment's notice. Allow terrahists to train in your country or otherwise use your country as a base for operations and planning, and we will start getting the impression that you are fostering dreams of freedom and democracy, like Iraq and Afghanistan did. In the event that you do not want the US to do for your country what we did for Iraq and Afghanistan, please keep a lid on your nutters.  We have our hands full dealing with ours at the moment and don't want to have to spank yours for you as well. 

Not as elegantly stated as The Monroe Doctrine, but I like it.

Does the State Dept have a suggestion box?

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back, Bullshitters. 
 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/543044-chris-wallace-calls-out-larry-kudlows-hypocrisy-regarding-nations-deficit

“Larry Kudlow, when he was working in the Trump White House and passing huge tax cuts and huge spending plans — including multi-trillion-dollar bills for COVID relief — there wasn’t so much concern about deficit and debt,” Wallace said Friday. “He seems to have found religion — now that he’s back out of the government.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Welcome back, Bullshitters. 
 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/543044-chris-wallace-calls-out-larry-kudlows-hypocrisy-regarding-nations-deficit

“Larry Kudlow, when he was working in the Trump White House and passing huge tax cuts and huge spending plans — including multi-trillion-dollar bills for COVID relief — there wasn’t so much concern about deficit and debt,” Wallace said Friday. “He seems to have found religion — now that he’s back out of the government.”

 

If he gets his infrastructure bill Biden is cruising for an $11T single term deficit. Does that make you think better or worse of him?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Okay Bullshitter. Chris Wallace sees through your bullshit too. 

It's not bullshit it's "Sol Rosenshit" :D 

Though I'll agree with Wallace in this case you're still a partisan hack. 

  • Downvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Dog said:

If he gets his infrastructure bill Biden is cruising for an $11T single term deficit. Does that make you think better or worse of him?

Neighbor A says "I did a cash-out refi on my house to spend $100,000 upgrading insulation, thermal system, hospital grade ventilation, and off-grid power."

Neighbor B says "I did a cash-out refi on my house to spend $100,000 building a gold-plated swimming pool, plus I bought the kids some designer tennis shoes and we've been having artisan pizza delivered every night."

Both spent an improvident amount of money. Which one would you want your government to be like?

- DSK

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dog said:

Get off the express.

No thanks Bullshitter. My principles don’t change when the party in power does. Chris Wallace recognizes your bullshit too. Please don’t pass on the trait. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

No thanks Bullshitter. My principles don’t change when the party in power does. Chris Wallace recognizes your bullshit too. Please don’t pass on the trait. 

If he gets his infrastructure bill Biden is cruising for an $11T single term deficit. Does that make you think better or worse of him?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone ever noticed that all around the world governments are spending nilly willy? There isn't that much money in the world? Even China is spending more than they have. So it is just paper pushing.

Besides, it really does not matter because no one is really paying attention to how close an ELEvent is. I think governments are just appeasing us until the shit hits the fan and wipes 50% to 70% of the earth's population clean. All you have to do is pay attention to the rush to get into space, to the moon and mars.

I know it sounds doom and gloom but it's been to close too home lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

If he gets his infrastructure bill Biden is cruising for an $11T single term deficit. Does that make you think better or worse of him?

I’m not sure. First, document that $11T. You are a known bullshitter so let’s see the math before we waste time discussing bullshit. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I’m not sure. First, document that $11T. You are a known bullshitter so let’s see the math before we waste time discussing bullshit. 
 

President Biden should have vowed to eliminate the National Debt in 8 years.

I am sure the Faithful would accept that, like the did with The Former Guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

President Biden should have vowed to eliminate the National Debt in 8 years.

I am sure the Faithful would accept that, like the did with The Former Guy.

If there is one thing he is good at it is over promising and under delivering

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 7:37 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

Welcome back aboard. There’s room in the caboose. 

I believe that car is reserved for the riders who don't believe in the Laffer Curve. Gotta keep em' separated and be able drop that car at a moment's notice.      

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 7:01 AM, Dog said:

 

The pork doesn't stop there, the most expensive bill in history ($1.9T) allocates less than 9% towards actual Covid relief, the rest is pork and a bailout for miss-managed municipalities.

Pork? In a government spending bill.  That’s unbelievable. Who would do such a thing.  And what about the children.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Has anyone ever noticed that all around the world governments are spending nilly willy? There isn't that much money in the world? Even China is spending more than they have. So it is just paper pushing.

Besides, it really does not matter because no one is really paying attention to how close an ELEvent is. I think governments are just appeasing us until the shit hits the fan and wipes 50% to 70% of the earth's population clean. All you have to do is pay attention to the rush to get into space, to the moon and mars.

I know it sounds doom and gloom but it's been to close too home lately.

I'm intensely aware of that, but only when there is someone with a D behind their name in the WH.   

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Has anyone ever noticed that all around the world governments are spending nilly willy? There isn't that much money in the world? Even China is spending more than they have. So it is just paper pushing.

Besides, it really does not matter because no one is really paying attention to how close an ELEvent is. I think governments are just appeasing us until the shit hits the fan and wipes 50% to 70% of the earth's population clean. All you have to do is pay attention to the rush to get into space, to the moon and mars.

I know it sounds doom and gloom but it's been to close too home lately.

You know governments just make money up?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny how the elk are so concerned about spending now that the party has changed.  F35's all day long, $1,400 in returned taxes is socialism.  Pathetic and so predictable.  $4T was fine with the last guy, $1.9 is world ending.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Okay Bullshitter. Chris Wallace sees through your bullshit too. 

How does. Chris Wallace pass Tucker in the green room without snickering 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

Funny how the elk are so concerned about spending now that the party has changed.  F35's all day long, $1,400 in returned taxes is socialism.  Pathetic and so predictable.  $4T was fine with the last guy, $1.9 is world ending.

There's an underlying reason.

Undermining Democratic attempts at improving the lot of American citizens so those citizens will vote for Republicans next time.

America goes backwards because good work gets stopped/blocked because "party".

 

Witness an architect railing against infrastructure spend.......

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Olsonist said:

 

Is this actually the dog or just a facsimile?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hasher said:

Is this actually the dog or just a facsimile?

It could be a cheap Chinese knockoff while the real cur is lounging in his dacha on the Black Sea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

There's an underlying reason.

Undermining Democratic attempts at improving the lot of American citizens so those citizens will vote for Republicans next time.

America goes backwards because good work gets stopped/blocked because "party".

 

Witness an architect railing against infrastructure spend.......

Dog's not an architect, he just plays one on the internet.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...