Jump to content

CPAC embraces Nazi imagery


Recommended Posts

Gosh............. Imagine the denial from the republicans if the stage had looked like a swastika! "No! No! That's an ancient American Indian symbol! We were just showing how much we love the people that we try to kill every day of every year because they live on the land that we want to rape and pillage!"

Link to post
Share on other sites

ringling bros. doesn't have shit on those evil klowns and their candy-coated orgy of bullshit, corruption and idiocy. it's a shame a gas pipe beneath their shit show didn't blow it all to kingdom cum only to fall back down to hell where it belongs. real shame, in fact.

but seriously, 'why can't we all get along'? i luv my cuntry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

but seriously, 'why can't we all get along'? i luv my cuntry.

The white folk conservatives can’t have that,  if everyone got along, the colourful folk wouldn’t vote for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Care to address the topic of the thread - the design of the CPAC stage?

I did address the topic. It is the people who make the patently absurd claim that the design of the stage indicates Nazi sympathies who are the ones harming the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dog said:

I did address the topic. It is the people who make the patently absurd claim that the design of the stage indicates Nazi sympathies who are the ones harming the country.

Are you suggesting the fact that the stage at CPAC is the exact design of a Nazi symbol, that was also on flags at Charleston, is an innocent mistake?

Probably as much of a "mistake" as holding a rally in Tulsa on June 19th.  Totally innocent.  No hidden message, there.

Or, are you just too fucking dense to "get" the symbolism and the point?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dog said:

I did address the topic. It is the people who make the patently absurd claim that the design of the stage indicates Nazi sympathies who are the ones harming the country.

How do you _know_ the symbology was unintentional? Do you have access to insider knowledge? Or are you just distracting from the fact that there has been little effort by CPAC to alter or de-emphasize the similarities since it’s been identified?

If they were embarrassed by having re-created a NAZI symbol hosting all their speakers including the immediate past president of the US, they certainly aren’t showing it. 

Likewise, Trump isn’t raising objections, so he doesn’t seem to mind standing on a stage now labeled as fascist.

Isnt that somewhat interesting?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Are you suggesting the fact that the stage at CPAC is the exact design of a Nazi symbol, that was also on flags at Charleston, is an innocent mistake?

Probably as much of a "mistake" as holding a rally in Tulsa on June 19th.  Totally innocent.  No hidden message, there.

Or, are you just too fucking dense to "get" the symbolism and the point?

I'm suggesting that if you believe the design of the stage indicates Nazi sympathies you're the problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, phillysailor said:

How do you _know_ the symbology was unintentional? Do you have access to insider knowledge? Or are you just distracting from the fact that there has been little effort by CPAC to alter or de-emphasize the similarities since it’s been identified?

If they were embarrassed by having re-created a NAZI symbol hosting all their speakers including the immediate past president of the US, they certainly aren’t showing it. 

Likewise, Trump isn’t raising objections, so he doesn’t seem to mind standing on a stage now labeled as fascist.

Isnt that somewhat interesting?

Dude...who exactly is it drawing conclusions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm suggesting that if you believe the design of the stage indicates Nazi sympathies you're the problem.

Right.  The GOP has decided it is cool with having openly racist folks in their ranks, and I am the problem.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to believe 

PHOTOS: Golden Trump Statue at CPAC 2021 Draws Fans, Criticism | Heavy.com

that the same people that would design a stage set using an ancient rune design would also approve this abomination.

But Nazi's would.

(Is he really wearing ruby flip flops?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dog said:
7 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

How do you _know_ the symbology was unintentional? Do you have access to insider knowledge? Or are you just distracting from the fact that there has been little effort by CPAC to alter or de-emphasize the similarities since it’s been identified?

If they were embarrassed by having re-created a NAZI symbol hosting all their speakers including the immediate past president of the US, they certainly aren’t showing it. 

Likewise, Trump isn’t raising objections, so he doesn’t seem to mind standing on a stage now labeled as fascist.

Isnt that somewhat interesting?

Dude...who exactly is it drawing conclusions?

I didn’t draw conclusions. I 

1. asked you if you had insider knowledge regarding the symbol, since you’ve concluded there is no significance to the stage design.

2. I’ve noted that organizers have defended the stage and not seen fit to alter it despite it having been identified as a fascist symbol. 

3. I must’ve missed Trumps announcement to refuse to speak from the stage, because you’ve concluded I’m wrong about his feelings on the matter.

So, I guess you are jumping to conclusions.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how those evangelicals feel about worshiping a golden idol of Trump, holding a magic wand and wearing American flag underpants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

I didn’t draw conclusions. I 

1. asked you if you had insider knowledge regarding the symbol, since you’ve concluded there is no significance to the stage design.

2. I’ve noted that organizers have defended the stage and not seen fit to alter it despite it having been identified as a fascist symbol. 

3. I must’ve missed Trumps announcement to refuse to speak from the stage, because you’ve concluded I’m wrong about his feelings on the matter.

So, I guess you are jumping to conclusions.

I'm an architect. I can see a functional logic behind the design. Alleging that there is some sinister message is QAnon territory.

Edit...Might appeal to the kind of people who downvote others to 666.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I wonder how those evangelicals feel about worshiping a golden idol of Trump, holding a magic wand and wearing American flag underpants.

and ruby flip flops

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm an architect. I can see a functional logic behind the design. Alleging that there is some sinister message is QAnon territory.

Edit...Might appeal to the kind of people who downvote others to 666.

You could be right. However with the number of times the Right have "inadvertently" used suspiciously nazi looking symbols at their functions, on their posters, on their flags, you, as an architect would have to agree they must be really fucking stupid.

Would you design a building that looked like a cats arsehole?

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm suggesting that if you believe the design of the stage indicates Nazi sympathies you're the problem.

 

 

8143F8AD-EDAB-4670-8292-487AD43AB8CF-8414-00000816837F7B52.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dog said:

I'm an architect. I can see a functional logic behind the design. Alleging that there is some sinister message is QAnon territory.

Edit...Might appeal to the kind of people who downvote others to 666.

As an architect, how would you feel if your latest building was publicly outed as being in the form of a fascist symbol?

Would you immediately steps to 

1. Consider the reactions of the many & varied people who might be reluctant to use your creation?

2. Take steps to make them feel welcome?

3. Immediately begin to worry about your reputation and express an intent to avoid such symbology in the future?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

As an architect, how would you feel if your latest building was publicly outre as being in the form of a fascist symbol?

Would you immediately steps to 

1. Consider the reactions of the many & varied people who might be reluctant to use your creation?

2. Take steps to make them feel welcome?

Dog's an architect like I'm a neuropsychopharmacologist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

As an architect, how would you feel if your latest building was publicly outre as being in the form of a fascist symbol?

Would you immediately steps to 

1. Consider the reactions of the many & varied people who might be reluctant to use your creation?

2. Take steps to make them feel welcome?

Depends on whether I thought the critics had ulterior motives and were over reaching.

How do you feel about the efforts here to use the similarities to demonize and divide?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

I did address the topic. It is the people who make the patently absurd claim that the design of the stage indicates Nazi sympathies who are the ones harming the country.

image.png.89c4675d0e3fd7b040aeec4682097e16.png

BTW, I'd prefer not to be called an apologist for antifa. I'm a supporter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dog said:

Depends on whether I thought the critics had ulterior motives and were over reaching.

How do you feel about the efforts here to use the similarities to demonize and divide?

Yeah, people who demonize and divide are bad and those awful Democrats are SO guilty. Are you laughing when you write utter bullshit?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dog said:

Depends on whether I thought the critics had ulterior motives and were over reaching.

How do you feel about the efforts here to use the similarities to demonize and divide?

Pointing out that the GOP embraces Nazi imagery is demonizing and divisive?

I’m down with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I wonder how those evangelicals feel about worshiping a golden idol of Trump, holding a magic wand taking a mace to the Constitution, and wearing American flag underpants.

Take a closer look. He's holding a mace, not a wand.

Link to post
Share on other sites

At first, pointing out that the stage is a NAZI symbol, is simply alerting everyone to the resemblance. People can make mistakes, and others can call them on it and pontificate. It happens.

But after that, CPACs refusal to take the fascist symbol seriously and take steps to disavow such associations creates the appearance that they don’t care.

And now, by doubling down by declaring that those pointing out the origins of the symbol are somehow dividing Americans, CPAC and their apologists are declaring that they don’t mind being associated with NAZI symbols. They are trying to make fascism more acceptable.

Unless they demand alteration, the GOP is ok with being represented by NAZI symbology. The ball is firmly in Trump’s court.

They are already associated with overturning our electoral results by force, threat, bribery and legal shenanigans. Now they are apparently accepting white nationalism, anti-semitism and fascism... think of Roger Stone’s Proud Boys, chants of “Blood & Soil.” At this point they are just advertising the historical roots of their doctrines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

At first, pointing out that the stage is a NAZI symbol, is simply alerting everyone to the resemblance. People can make mistakes, and others can call them on it and pontificate. It happens.

But after that, CPACs refusal to take the fascist symbol seriously and take steps to disavow such associations creates the appearance that they don’t care.

And now, by doubling down by declaring that those pointing out the origins of the symbol are somehow dividing Americans, CPAC and their apologists are declaring that they don’t mind being associated with NAZI symbols. They are trying to make fascism more acceptable.

Unless they demand alteration, the GOP is ok with being represented by NAZI symbology. The ball is firmly in Trump’s court.

They are already associated with overturning our electoral results by force, threat, bribery and legal shenanigans. Now they are apparently accepting white nationalism, anti-semitism and fascism... think of Roger Stone’s Proud Boys, chants of “Blood & Soil.” At this point they are just advertising the historical roots of their doctrines.

Talking head Trumpublican lady on morning shows is saying that the Republican Party NEEDS all the voters that Trump brought in... was immediately shouted down by the rest of the table for courting violent whackoes, white supremacists, Nazis, etc etc, she really didn't have an answer.

Looks more and more like the Democratic Party coalition is chunks in undercooked Jello but is at least slightly focused on reality.

The same lady said that Trump's speech today will focus on "conservative values like limited government" instead of his personal grievances... we'll see

- DSK

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:
1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

Nah, he may well be an architect, but in this case he’s more of an apologist 

 "in this case"?

Yes.

An architect would understand the power of symbols, their importance and how to create structures which reflect the ethics and vision of the client.

If @Dog was acting as an architect in this case, then he is endorsing CPACs decision to be represented by a NAZI symbol.

I was giving @Dog the benefit of the doubt by saying he was just trying to explain away their failure to address a symbol of hate and authoritarianism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

As an architect, how would you feel if your latest building was publicly outed as being in the form of a fascist symbol?

Would you immediately steps to 

1. Consider the reactions of the many & varied people who might be reluctant to use your creation?

2. Take steps to make them feel welcome?

3. Immediately begin to worry about your reputation and express an intent to avoid such symbology in the future?

Dog's latest design. He strongly rejects the notion of any phallic symbolism whatsoever and says those that imagine a penis shape are harming the country.

image.png.5d9c27ec642d32b7fea35db85fa3d40c.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, phillysailor said:
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Nah, he may well be an architect, but in this case he’s more of an apologist 

 "in this case"?

Yes.

An architect would understand the power of symbols, their importance and how to create structures which reflect the ethics and vision of the client.

If @Dog was acting as an architect in this case, then he is endorsing CPACs decision to be represented by a NAZI symbol.

I was giving @Dog the benefit of the doubt by saying he was just trying to explain away their failure to address a symbol of hate and authoritarianism.

The Dog of late has made it his mission to be an apologist for the GOP (in general) and The Former Guy (specifically).

Well, that is, when he isn't starting threads about the Democrat Outrage O' Day (DOOD).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

As an architect, how would you feel if your latest building was publicly outed as being in the form of a fascist symbol?

Would you immediately steps to 

1. Consider the reactions of the many & varied people who might be reluctant to use your creation?

2. Take steps to make them feel welcome?

3. Immediately begin to worry about your reputation and express an intent to avoid such symbology in the future?

4. Attack the accusers cause you’re a fucking nazi ( @Dogis making a pretty solid case that he is, in fact, a Nazi) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

 

I was giving @Dog the benefit of the doubt by saying he was just trying to explain away their failure to address a symbol of hate and authoritarianism.

That’s what Nazis do. They play on the fact that others can’t really imagine they are really just fucking Nazis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phillysailor said:

At first, pointing out that the stage is a NAZI symbol, is simply alerting everyone to the resemblance. People can make mistakes, and others can call them on it and pontificate. It happens.

But after that, CPACs refusal to take the fascist symbol seriously and take steps to disavow such associations creates the appearance that they don’t care.

And now, by doubling down by declaring that those pointing out the origins of the symbol are somehow dividing Americans, CPAC and their apologists are declaring that they don’t mind being associated with NAZI symbols. They are trying to make fascism more acceptable.

Unless they demand alteration, the GOP is ok with being represented by NAZI symbology. The ball is firmly in Trump’s court.

They are already associated with overturning our electoral results by force, threat, bribery and legal shenanigans. Now they are apparently accepting white nationalism, anti-semitism and fascism... think of Roger Stone’s Proud Boys, chants of “Blood & Soil.” At this point they are just advertising the historical roots of their doctrines.

Either the organizers are Nazi sympathizers and the design intended to represent those sympathies (no one with a brain believes that) or they did not and any similarity is purely coincidental. What is clearly intentional however is the attempt use it to dupe the gullible and to demonize and divide.

Get back to me if they start using the Sieg Heil salute.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not upside down if your facing the audience or  standing on the podium.

And you're supposed to be an architect. Sheesh.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Remodel said:

It's not upside down if your facing the audience or  standing on the podium.

And you're supposed to be an architect. Sheesh.

What good is that? It is upside down to the audience. If this is deliberate that's a big mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dog said:

What good is that? It is upside down to the audience. If this is deliberate that's a big mistake.

Not that's funny. You not giving conservatives credit for having enough brain power to see what is clear to just about all sentient adults.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ishmael said:

It would be interesting to know who actually designed that.

Stephen Miller of course 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

Get back to me if they start using the Sieg Heil salute.

Oh, but they do! 

Do a Google image search on "trump supporters giving nazi salute".   I will not post those photos here.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dog said:

I'm an architect. I can see a functional logic behind the design. Alleging that there is some sinister message is QAnon territory.

Edit...Might appeal to the kind of people who downvote others to 666.

Please explain the functional logic.

This isn't a strip club. No one needs to get close to Kimberly Guilfoyle to stuff bills in her garter. It's not a fashion show, where you might want to have seats to view models and outfits from all angles. It's not even a stage show with dancing and singing.

Please elaborate, as an architect, how how this particular shape adds function to a speaker driven event.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Remodel said:

Take a closer look. He's holding a mace, not a wand.

I don't know, to me it looks like he mugged Glinda the Good Witch.

image.png.46cb93af8fb2600c4f69d97020f9c4cb.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dog said:

Either the organizers are Nazi sympathizers and the design intended to represent those sympathies (no one with a brain believes that) or they did not and any similarity is purely coincidental. What is clearly intentional however is the attempt use it to dupe the gullible and to demonize and divide.

Get back to me if they start using the Sieg Heil salute.

We agree that the original design may well have inadvertently replicated a NAZI symbol. I’ve said that, repeatedly.

It is CPACs refusal to constructively address the issue and make changes in the design that show they don’t think it is an issue.

Similarly, Trumps willingness to speak from such a stage after its symbology had been outed shows he doesn’t care.

And you’ve indicated you don’t care either.

So none of you care that CPAC, and by extension the GOP, is now represented by fascist symbols.

Fine. But Republicans embrace of these symbols doesn’t mean the rest of America, or the world, thinks it’s ok. You are offending Jews, gypsies, LGBTQ, our allies with whom we fought NAZIs and who are dealing with their own right wing extremism... but you don’t care enough to even suggest a stage design be altered.

You and your party are currently giving comfort to extremists in our country, groups who recently stormed the Capitol... and have the chutzpah to say WE are dividing the nation?

Duck you @Dog

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

We agree that the original design may well have inadvertently replicated a NAZI symbol. I’ve said that, repeatedly.

It is CPACs refusal to constructively address the issue and make changes in the design that show they don’t think it is an issue.

Similarly, Trumps willingness to speak from such a stage after its symbology had been outed shows he doesn’t care.

And you’ve indicated you don’t care either.

So none of you care that CPAC, and by extension the GOP, is now represented by fascist symbols.

Fine. But Republicans embrace of these symbols doesn’t mean the rest of America, or the world, thinks it’s ok. You are offending Jews, gypsies, LGBTQ, our allies with whom we fought NAZIs and who are dealing with their own right wing extremism... but you don’t care enough to even suggest a stage design be altered.

You and your party are currently giving comfort to extremists in our country, groups who recently stormed the Capitol... and have the chutzpah to say WE are dividing the nation?

Duck you @Dog

I'm sure they regard it all as a tempest in a teapot (their right about that) and are treating it with the seriousness it deserves.

BTW...I have not given comfort to the assholes who stormed the capitol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dog said:

I'm sure they regard it all as a tempest in a teapot (their right about that) and are treating it with the seriousness it deserves.

From the Christian white perspective, it’s all good.

Its only when you consider real American’s opinions that you realize you are supporting apartheid. There’s one set of rules for people like you, and there’s another set for less valuable people & their opinions. 

In order to be a Republican these days, you have to be willing to tolerate NAZI symbology, worship the golden Trump statue, protest against abortion and for putting kids in cages after stripping them from their parents, suppressing the votes of minorities and maintaining ineffective government. 

That ain’t American, least not my picture if it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

From the Christian white perspective, it’s all good.

Its only when you consider real American’s opinions that you realize you are supporting apartheid. There’s one set of rules for people like you, and there’s another set for less valuable people & their opinions. 

In order to be a Republican these days, you have to be willing to tolerate NAZI symbology, worship the golden Trump statue, protest against abortion and for putting kids in cages after stripping them from their parents, suppressing the votes of minorities and maintaining ineffective government. 

That ain’t American, least not my picture if it.

OFGS...I'm not supporting apartheid, believe in a colorblind society, am pro choice up to 20 weeks, and don't support separating families. (BTW...The un-accompanied minor problem is reaching crisis proportions again now that Biden has signaled the all clear)

Record 13,000 unaccompanied migrant kids projected to cross the U.S. border in May (yahoo.com)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

Please explain the functional logic.

This isn't a strip club. No one needs to get close to Kimberly Guilfoyle to stuff bills in her garter. It's not a fashion show, where you might want to have seats to view models and outfits from all angles. It's not even a stage show with dancing and singing.

Please elaborate, as an architect, how how this particular shape adds function to a speaker driven event.

Being an "architect" really is not an automatic proof of anyone being able to see "functional logic".  There are far too many examples of buildings that demonstrate that.

However, being educated as a designer should make the importance of symbolism, whether inadvertent or intended, obvious.   And regrettable. 

Even the mutt might regret having designed these building.  Or showing them to his clients (if any).

 

th-1.jpeg

th.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dog said:

OFGS...I'm not supporting apartheid, believe in a colorblind society, am pro choice up to 20 weeks, and don't support separating families. (BTW...The un-accompanied minor problem is reaching crisis proportions again now that Biden has signaled the all clear)

 

So, just how much more will it take 'till you turn on your Party?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Being an "architect" really is not an automatic proof of anyone being able to see "functional logic".  There are far too many examples of buildings that demonstrate that.

However, being educated as a designer should make the importance of symbolism, whether inadvertent or intended, obvious.   And regrettable. 

Even the mutt might regret having designed these building.  Or showing them to his clients (if any).

 

th-1.jpeg

th.jpeg

I can't believe this...You're also an architect so answer this for the class. I this was an intentional would the symbol be upside down to the audience?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dog said:

I can't believe this...You're also an architect so answer this for the class. I this was an intentional would the symbol be upside down to the audience?

A vain attempt at plausible deniability. It's not plausible that no one on the design/build team didn't see that image. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Sean said:

A vain attempt at plausible deniability. It's not plausible that no one on the design/build team didn't see that image. 

Of course it's plausible. If it were a swastika you would have a case but this is an odal rune, hardly a widely know symbol and upside down at that. This whole thing is nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see the "fact check", on Trumps speech spewing baldfaced lies!!!   

As Rob Reiner recently  said, "Trump is the best thing that could ever happen to the Democratic party!"...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Of course it's plausible. If it were a swastika you would have a case but this is an odal rune, hardly a widely know symbol and upside down at that. This whole thing is nonsense.

And all these nice police officers were playing "The Circle Game" trying to get the photographer to look at their junk.


image.png.caad81bc276a7e5cf66029afcbc437e9.png

Dog whistles exist, and fascists and extremists have existed in society by coding their language and symbols for a reason.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

And all these nice police officers were playing "The Circle Game" trying to get the photographer to look at their junk.


image.png.caad81bc276a7e5cf66029afcbc437e9.png

Dog whistles exist, and fascists and extremists have existed in society by coding their language and symbols for a reason.

Conspiracy theories also exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Conspiracy theories also exist.

Keep digging. You may not be a Nazi, but you associate with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dog said:

I'm an architect. I can see a functional logic behind the design. Alleging that there is some sinister message is QAnon territory.

Edit...Might appeal to the kind of people who downvote others to 666.

Please elaborate on the functionality of that design. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Dog said:

Of course it's plausible. If it were a swastika you would have a case but this is an odal rune, hardly a widely know symbol and upside down at that. This whole thing is nonsense.

How would the functionality issue have worked out had it been flipped the other way? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Please elaborate on the functionality of that design. 

First the shape responds to the right and left entrances the stage, to the displays on both sides and projects the speaker into the audience. It's a poor design IMO but one that could easily evolve driven by a functional considerations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dog said:

I can't believe this...You're also an architect so answer this for the class. I this was an intentional would the symbol be upside down to the audience?

Rightside up to the speakers walking out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Dog said:

First the shape responds to the right and left entrances the stage, to the displays on both sides and projects the speaker into the audience. It's a poor design IMO but one that could easily evolve driven by a functional considerations.

A swastika as a stage design would be mighty clumsy. Naziing the crowd wrap about the stage, so this didn't project anything into the crowd. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Dog said:

Conspiracy theories also exist.

Yeah, like the one that there was sufficient election fraud to "steal" the election as was promoted by your favorite (yes, I know Trump may not be your "favorite" president, but you sure do defend him and his BS excuse for policies) president, which then led to an open terrorist attack on congress, by Americans, again promoted by your favorite president.  I am really sick of people that support the current republican party.  There are only two parties, wish there were more, but that is reality.  You have to chose one or the other, or be on the, somehow "reasonable" fringe that may or may not get traction someday .  Do you support the stuff that is going on at CPAC?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Being a musician with perfect pitch, I nearly vomited listening to this...my ear drums were going nuts

 

Deplorable!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dog said:

Conspiracy theories also exist.

So do white supremacists and modern day Nazis and fascists.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dacapo said:

Being a musician with perfect pitch, I nearly vomited listening to this...my ear drums were going nuts

I can't believe you made me listen to that!

That was...horrifying and awful.

I'm not a musician by any stretch, but once upon a time sang a lot...I think my pitch was just damaged listening to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dacapo said:

Being a musician with perfect pitch, I nearly vomited listening to this...my ear drums were going nuts 

 

I didn't think you could outdo Frank Drebin. Until now.

That's got to be nepotism, or else she's got the real singer tied up in the locker room and she's looking for assassins on the stage.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites