Painting a deck... In Seattle... In March... Too Cold?

a. Is it too cold/humid to re-paint my deck here in the next couple of weeks? Thinking 2-part Perfection, but it "says" it has a 50deg min limit...

b. Would it be possible to rent for a couple of days an indoor, heated type of space where I could do this? I have a tarp setup already, but that's not going to help with the temp issue...

IMG_20210110_123307.thumb.jpg.38d4275075cd0cd1f8fb5ce8316153be.jpg

sure looks like you just have wait for a sunny day. Humidity is bad - I'd be more concerned about that.  Quick - paint tomorrow! 

image.png.d10084ae0a54b01b4e575a2bb1136ee4.png

Wait for April - the weather is usually nice enough to paint.

Impatience has fucked up more paint jobs than any other cause.

• Like 2
On 3/2/2021 at 12:10 PM, SloopJonB said:

Wait for April - the weather is usually nice enough to paint.

Impatience has fucked up more paint jobs than any other cause.

Is that your cat's name?

• Like 4

Same problem in Monterey. Mornings have dew and high humidity. Then about an hour of nice warm painting weather before the evening chill and dew ruins the new paint. Futility. I might sail down to SoCal for a few weeks to finish the deck painting. 

What's the problem with the deck that it needs repainting?  Photo looks fine.  Dropping pine needles are going to ruin any painting you do where it is.  Directions need to be followed scrupulously or you will think you got  - or wish you got -  Kiwigrip instead. For dry, warm, in New England we wait until June/July  for application.  Prep takes long enough that you could start now though, in order to be ready for then. We tried to push it the first time and it took four to five weeks, waiting for right conditions in spring weather. Second time (15 years later) it went faster (2weeks) with  better weather in summer.  

• Like 1