It appears that a head injury and subsequent ongoing treatment has scrambled my noodle more than i realise.. My balance is off, my memory is gone and my ability to express myself properly and consistently is non existent.... Boat for sale. (Maybe...Maybe not..who knows... when should an owner give up?). 
FTW. 

1 minute ago, FixinGit said:

when should an owner give up?

slide into the grave saying what a ride - Google Search | Funny quotes  about life, Funny quotes, Wise quotes

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, FixinGit said:

It appears that a head injury and subsequent ongoing treatment has scrambled my noodle more than i realise.. My balance is off, my memory is gone and my ability to express myself properly and consistently is non existent.... Boat for sale. (Maybe...Maybe not..who knows... when should an owner give up?). 
FTW. 

How long ago did this happen. Assuming it's not a financial burden, I wouldn't make any decisions about selling a boat for at least a year after a brain trauma.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FixinGit said:

my ability to express myself properly and consistently is non existent....

Head on over to PA, you will be the smartest in the class... :ph34r:

• Like 5
1 hour ago, IStream said:

How long ago did this happen. Assuming it's not a financial burden, I wouldn't make any decisions about selling a boat for at least a year after a brain trauma.

^this. A relative of mine needed more than one year, but she’s pretty ok now. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Gissie said:

How do you know PA wasn't the cause?

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Well, on the days that dog and Mikey aren't posting anyway...

FKT

On 3/3/2021 at 2:03 PM, Mid said:

slide into the grave saying what a ride - Google Search | Funny quotes  about life, Funny quotes, Wise quotes

Hunter S Thompson... Guy had a way with words.. Nice one.

On 3/3/2021 at 2:14 PM, Editor said:

jesus man, sorry to hear. if we can help with selling the boat, let me know.

Thanks, selling everything BUT the boat just now.

I will work out how to stop the head full of doors from banging...Until then.. excile:-)

• Like 1

Buy an ad!

But seriously, keep the boat for a while, you might bounce back and then you’ll have to convince the wife that you are well enough to buy a boat.

• Like 2

How old are you?

Younger heals faster, and can "re-route" easier around damaged areas.

Dark quiet places help.

Yep my sister improved her condition over several years, there is hope, and you'll also develop work arounds esp on the memory front. My sis is now an avid note taker, and it works to jog the memory.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, FixinGit said:

FTW. 

I'm there with ya Mr. Fixin. When I fell and blew out my back, I also had a severe concussion.  Falling 25ft to a hard surface hurts. Losing memory sucks. Recalling some bits of the past and some short term is tough.

I'd love to sell also.

Never give up !  Suffered a stoke 14 months ago. Was told all my recovery would be done in 12 months. They were wrong.  Every day is different along my recovery route.  I notice little improvements continuously, each and every day. Quite amazing really.

On 3/3/2021 at 12:00 AM, FixinGit said:

FTW. 

The man at the navigation station is 88 years old 

when he was 64 he had a massive stroke ... doc said he was a goner , priest standing by , wife getting ready to collect inheritance ...

he snapped out of it , bought that boat and hightailed it around the world for the next 25 years 

dont give up 

5F657CD1-A337-49C6-A78F-9FC363B42D2F.jpeg

34 minutes ago, slug zitski said:

The man at the navigation station is 88 years old 

when he was 64 he had a massive stroke ... doc said he was a goner , priest standing by , wife getting ready to collect inheritance ...

he snapped out of it , bought that boat and hightailed it around the world for the next 25 years 

dont give up 

Those dastardly wives and their fiendish plans to get rich quick by trapping hapless men in marriage for several decades. Can't trust 'em, I tell ya!

• Like 2
On 3/2/2021 at 8:00 PM, FixinGit said:

FTW. 

On our first sail in Seattle after we brought Amati up from Portland (where we just had her built) had a bizarre accident coming in to the dock, 5 hours in shoulder surgery, was told I’d never do a lot of things again (and an ex all American backstroker had in truth swum his last). But I assiduously did my PT and clawed my way back to sailing.  Took a year.  Other terrible adventures got in the way of sailing, and most of the other things,  but if you really love your boat, keep her if you can.  The waiting is the hardest part, but that moment you get back out there is sweet.   Good luck!  

One more voice saying, "Hang in there." My wife had a serious Traumatic Brain Injury 20 years ago. She had terrible brain fog, no balance, slept a lot. Lots of two steps forward, one step back. Or sometimes, three steps to the side. Had to write everything down, or she'd forget. Took a couple of years (and a sense of humour), but she got through it. She found the book "The Brain That Changes Itself" by Norman Doidge to be a big help.

Afterwards, everyone with a TBI came around to find out if what they were going through was "normal."