Taiwan have 23 million people, less deaths and infections than NZ, and have not been in lockdown once.

Do you think the leaders of the world would defer to them.... Nah to obvious

• Downvote 2
6 hours ago, Baconator said:

Taiwan have 23 million people, less deaths and infections than NZ, and have not been in lockdown once.

Not exactly true. They do have some stringent localised interventions in conjunction very robust contact/trace/test. High tech monitoring a key. The other was they were the first to close the door on China in first week of Jan not end of the last week of Jan.

They do this also with a relatively open border policy in terms of who enters and arrivals per capita being twice that of many countries. Interestingly in that regard they and NZ are similar.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Not exactly true. They do have some stringent localised interventions in conjunction very robust contact/trace/test. High tech monitoring a key. The other was they were the first to close the door on China in first week of Jan not end of the last week of Jan.

They do this also with a relatively open border policy in terms of who enters and arrivals per capita being twice that of many countries. Interestingly in that regard they and NZ are similar.

Posted this elsewhere (study of COVID measures NZ vs Taiwan) - what westerners put up with Taiwan type of personal intrusion, public tracking,  cost in taxes, and different enforcements (like quarantine & mask wearing, sick or not, etc etc)  

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanwpc/article/PIIS2666-6065(20)30044-4/fulltext

2 hours ago, BlatantEcho said:

They tripled masked, since day one.   In fact, I heard they use 4x masks all the time.

4 masks are better than 3, just follow the science

LOL, well done Dr. Faucci!

8 hours ago, Amati said:

what westerners put up with Taiwan type of personal intrusion,

That is a common and valid criticism for comparing responses.

However the social intrusion is over blown by many. That paper wasn't one.

There is much to be cherry picked from them which has nothing to do with social intrusion. 

Their acceptance of social intrusion, is not just cultural, it is ingrained because of their SARS experience.

They simply had over a 15 year head start and were fully prepared. That is why they were screening Chinese arrivals in Dec 2019 before the rest of the world had even heard of it.

Post Covid 2020 the west is going to be a a bit like Taiwan post 2003 and be more acceptive of some social intrusion.

Watch how many countries set up a centralised disease control agency and have updated epidemic response plans in place post Covid. The number that didn't amoungst the wealthy OECD is eye watering. 

A lot to be learnt from them still.

These three you list.

8 hours ago, Amati said:

cost in taxes

Their Covid economic cost is fuckall. Their economic impact is solely global consequential, not internal.

8 hours ago, Amati said:

public tracking, 

It is that or lock-downs??

Ask anyone who has been through a true lockdown like in Spain, Italy or Melbourne Australia (over 3 months 90% countries deaths) which would they prefer now?

8 hours ago, Amati said:

quarantine

They have relatively relaxed visa requirements large arrival and departure numbers to maintain global commercial contact for their economy. Quarantine is fundamental to that. It is also alongside Sth Korea one of the most liberal quarantine programs in the world. Only the infected are state quarantined (1% arrivals) the healthy home/self isolation.

How do they do that? Exit country test, 2nd test and result before leaving airport. Mandatory digital connection and movements tracking of the home isolated.

Watch how many countries are copying that quarantine model by the end of this year to allow movement of people to return. Global vaccinne take up of say 70% is five or more years away is the driver of that.

There is not one top ranked country that doesn't quarantine. The worst mortality numbers are countries that don't.

For instance the UK one of the highest mortality rates in the world only started last month and only selected countries.

They are a major transport hub. Guess which countries have the lowest UK variant strain ratio. The global transmission out of China in early 2020 is peanuts compared to that via the UK. It is still happening today and one year later.

Quarantine is a global responsibility. 

The UK and the US top contenders for those that avoided that global responsibility. Why? To preserve their economies. That worked out well.

• Like 2

In Taiwan mask wearing was pretty common even before SARS in 2003. It's generally polite/smart behavior when you might have a cold.

The government, going waaaay back to the colonial era, have a long history of dealing with infectious diseases. In any case, after SARS and then HN1, MERS...etc.. the government got very serious about infection control in the healthcare system.  Taiwan also has a very effective local government healthcare system.  

They knew who they were dealing with and that the data coming from China wasn't sound, just like in the case of SARS and they took action immediately.  Taiwan knows that no one will come to help if something goes wrong, or worse, their brothers across the sea will try to "help" them, , so they deal with it themselves.  

• Like 2

Ardern claims they lead the world with a hard and early border closure..... Bullshit!

NZ was the 63 country to close its borders / one entry point.

And the did not vet incoming people hard enough when they did close the border.

They were soft and  late....   A bit like shortforbobs sex life.

4 hours ago, Baconator said:

Ardern claims they lead the world with a hard and early border closure..... Bullshit!

NZ was the 63 country to close its borders / one entry point.

And the did not vet incoming people hard enough when they did close the border.

They were soft and  late....   A bit like shortforbobs sex life.

Never look a gift horse in the mouth - esp not that one

And yeah she's as fucked as our panicky premiers over on the mainland

On 3/4/2021 at 11:54 AM, apophenia said:

Much worse - the WHO doesn't believe Taiwan even exists.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52088167

This is the reality for most countries. Mention Taiwan, let alone praise it, and you will find the nastyness lurking behind the inscrutable face. Nothing official of course, they don't work that way. Just problems with shipping or visas. Keep it up and some of your citizens will be arrested for breathing.

Baconator = Team Prada?  Hope they aren't perusing these forums.

The rumour is that Taiwan actually had a pandemic plan in place that they followed and resources set aside for dealing with one.  Unlike various western countries whose occasional and sometimes perpetual conservative governments tend to trash things like that as a hopeless waste of taxpayer money, and whose pandemic plan was Ray Bradbury's "when in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout".

On 3/4/2021 at 5:14 PM, Team Prada said:

Yip... 

10 minutes ago, Rain Man said:

Baconator = Team Prada?  .

And about 100 other socks over the past 10 years. Poor kiwi cunt was never the same after the boom got him in the head. For some reason he always looses his shit around AC time. I guess he never forgave Dalton and his crew for banging his mother on the Whitbread stopover all those years ago. Those Farr Ketchs had a lot of crew as well. 

• Like 3
On 3/4/2021 at 7:51 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Huh? How come then you have said (several thousand times) that it is the Federal Governments responsibility? 

Jack thinks he has a new audience in a new thread and as usual he uses his pompous soliloquy as his segue into his pet subject about Australians 'stranded' abroad.  Repeat your shit as many times as you like Jack but your views about throwing to doors open to the virus are not shared by anyone else who doesn't work at Flight centre. 

The vast number of Australians have little sympathy for those that ignored the advice from the Government in March to return home as soon as possible and now cry foul on zoom interviews on the ABC from their London flats.

Get over it and yourself cupcake.

Ask anyone who has been through a true lockdown like in Spain, Italy or Melbourne Australia (over 3 months 90% countries deaths) which would they prefer now?

I will ask you. So how was it? Oh wait...that's right...you are talking about things you have never experienced again. Do go on...

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The vast number of Australians have little sympathy for those that ignored the advice from the Government in March to return home as soon as possible and now cry foul on zoom interviews on the ABC from their London flats.

Get over it and yourself cupcake.

"No one put a gun at their heads and made them go overseas"    LB 15  8 February 2021

image.png.22568c6d2b9d3bdbab0fd8f706431db4.png

Week 1 March 2021 -  Overseas Australians who are resident overseas asked to STAY PUT by PM & DFAT to enable TOURISTS like LB to return to Australia.

- March 2021 LB & family were part of  921,950 March arrivals into Australia.

- April 2021 - ONLY 21,170 OR 900,780 LESS arrivals after border closed on 20 March, flights and Quarantine commenced on 29 March with limited places.

- There are TODAY 41,000 'stranded Australians' overseas registered with the Government one year later

Jack putting all your 6 foot long posts into links obviously would have taken a long time, but mate we all do appreciate it. Now rather than having to scroll past your endless repeated quote-fests, when can simply click on it, should we ever wish to read it.

While I have got you :), I was hoping you could give me a hand? I want to give you some more shit about your 'Stay put' DFAT order, but I can't be fucked scrolling back through all your drivel to find it. Any chance you could quote it again? Thanks mate, I appreciate it.

10 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Now rather than having to scroll past your endless repeated quote-fests, when can simply click on it, should we ever wish to read it.

I'm sure you would just prefer a linky that no one reads...like for this one.

"If all these people 'stranded' overseas love Australia so much, they can prove it by not risking the lives of all their countrymen AND STAY THE FUCK AWAY."  (his emphasis)  LB 15   8 February 2021

10 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Week 1 March 2021 -  Overseas Australians who are resident overseas asked to STAY PUT by PM & DFAT to enable TOURISTS like LB to return to Australia.

Fuck that was quick mate - thanks. Now Jack you have endlessly claimed that this 'advise' from the Government is the reason why there are still 40K (and growing) Australians still 'Stranded' overseas.

Now strangely for someone who loves to google and post exact dates, you have only ever talked about this mysterious advise in vague terms as being made 'in early march'. Also someone who spends hours each day searching for and linking cites, the only evidence that this ever occurred that you use, is a link to one of your earlier posts saying the same thing!

Lets pretend for a moment that you aren't a completely obsessed man child they will make up any shit up to try to 'win' (as you see it) every discussion. Lets imagine that the federal government did in fact tell everyone to stay put in 'early march'. Why would they 10 days later, completely back flip and tell overseas Australians to return home ASAP? And why did the vast majority of these 'Stranded' Australians act on the 'early march' advise and then completely ignore the advice issued only 10 days later?

And again, thanks for looking that up for me. Oh and here is the link...

Australians who want to return from overseas warned to do so ASAP ahead of possible COVID-19 border closures

Posted Tuesday 17 March 2020 at 7:36pm
17 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And again, thanks for looking that up for me. Oh and here is the link...

Posted Tuesday 17 March 2020 at 7:36pm

That DFAT advice refers to dumb fuck Australian tourists NOT overseas residents and is dated 17 March, 3 days before Aust border closed.

Initial advice is dated 1st week of March one for tourists, one for overseas residents.

Do you know of any dumb fuck ungrateful tourists that fit that description?

46 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

- March 2021 LB & family were part of  921,950 March arrivals into Australia.

- April 2021 - ONLY 21,170 OR 900,780 LESS arrivals after border closed on 20 March, ..

Initial advice is dated 1st week of March one for tourists, one for overseas residents.

So you keep saying, but still no proof...come on Jack, you are google's number one user! - surly you can find a cite that proves you didn't simply make this up - and then re quote it hundreds of times and base 8 months of argument on it and about 5000 posts on it? It is a bit like the 15 candidates I examined for the LORCP yesterday. - You know the one - the marine radio licence that you claimed doesn't exist anymore.

It is a pity that you didn't use the spare time you have had over the past few days to reflect on what your life has become. If you can call making up bullshit to 'win' discussions on the internet 23 hours a day a 'life'.

Now Jackie, about that cite...?

19 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

It is a bit like the 15 candidates I examined for the LORCP yesterday. - You know the one - the marine radio licence that you claimed doesn't exist anymore.

Bullshit I didn't say LORCP "doesn't exist anymore". You know that..you know I know you were being economical with the truth.

Anyway why would say that when I pay my Satcom & LORCP licence fee every year to ACMA??

Bullshitting to lying is a big leap.....you did it with ease LB.

26 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

....re quote it hundreds of times and base 8 months of argument on it and about 5000 posts on it?

Like this re-quote of many requotes of yours and  just 15 min ago down the hall

15 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yet still only 6 deaths...only 6! Can you believe it Jack! Less than 1.1 per million.

and after all this just a mere sample.

Nah you you are top dog there pin-dick.....and you really do Australia proud in the Covid nationalism stakes of not giving a fuck about anyone outside your pissant bubble in QLD.

QLD only has only half that" - "QLD  1.1.......has a record that is twice as good" - "Total remains at 6"."Yet only 6 deaths.The lowest per million population death rate* on earth"  - "We have recorded 1/5th of the NZ death toll (6 deaths) -  "Deaths per million population QLD 1.1" - "And yet only 6 deaths. The lowest number of any state. Go figure". -  "Deaths per million population QLD 1.1" -  "but they 5 times more deaths... with a smaller population." -

"I don't understand how anyone can be living more 'covid normal' than we are right now."....LB 15

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Bullshit I didn't say LORCP "doesn't exist anymore". You know that..you know I know you were being economical with the truth.

Anyway why would say that when I pay my Satcom & LORCP licence fee every year to ACMA??

Bullshitting to lying is a big leap.....you did it with ease LB.

You pay an annual licence fee for your LORCP? Does the invoice come from a Somalian prince? Jack, there is nothing called a LORCP.  That would stand for Long Operators Range Certificate of Proficiency. You really should look for these little traps I set for you cupcake.

The GMDSS compliant LROCP :) does not require renewing nor does it have any further fee - ever.

What you are pretending you have is a - Ship station class B - non assigned. This has an annual fee. But surely your storied Ocean crossing vessel is an Australian Registered ship Jack? And you would have known all this?

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Like this re-quote of many requotes of yours and  just 15 min ago down the hall

and after all this just a mere sample.

Nah you you are top dog there pin-dick.....and you really do Australia proud in the Covid nationalism stakes of not giving a fuck about anyone outside your pissant bubble in QLD.

QLD only has only half that" - "QLD  1.1.......has a record that is twice as good" - "Total remains at 6"."Yet only 6 deaths.The lowest per million population death rate* on earth"  - "We have recorded 1/5th of the NZ death toll (6 deaths) -  "Deaths per million population QLD 1.1" - "And yet only 6 deaths. The lowest number of any state. Go figure". -  "Deaths per million population QLD 1.1" -  "but they 5 times more deaths... with a smaller population." -

"I don't understand how anyone can be living more 'covid normal' than we are right now."....LB 15

Since you are busy linking...Any news on the famous DFAT 'Stay put advise' cite yet Jack? 

21 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The GMDSS compliant LROCP :) does not require renewing nor does it have any further fee - ever.

Ships station you fuckwit which license is a pre-requisite. My original LROCP or equivelant is a small dog eared card. 

21 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

What you are pretending you have is a - Ship station class B - non assigned. This has an annual fee. But surely your storied Ocean crossing vessel is an Australian Registered ship Jack? And you would have known all this?

You are not very good at this. Call-Sign assigned and a Registered Ship.

You also know full well but never experienced it, that unless registered or documented you don't leave any territory or enter one anywhere in the world, outside schengen zones or places with a free movement agreement.

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Since you are busy linking...Any news on the famous DFAT 'Stay put advise' cite yet Jack?

50 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

"Any news on the famous DFAT 'Stay put advise' cite yet Jack?"

Bingo got HIM to say it ...just a short wait... careful not to move the hook.

But then LB you just use crab pots, and wouldn't know.

13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You really should look for these little traps I set for you cupcake

Put you on ice now as filleting you comes later .

Then why did you say your LROCP required an annual fee? Like I explained yesterday to the punters, think of your LROCP as like your drivers licence (but without a annual fee- except for yours apparently) and your ship station license is like you your car rego. 

I don’t know why you felt the need to pop the irrelevant crap about Australian flagged vessels in...did it help lessen your buthurt? 

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

"Any news on the famous DFAT 'Stay put advise' cite yet Jack?"

Bingo got HIM to say it ...just a short wait... careful not to move the hook.

But then LB you just use crab pots, and wouldn't know.

Put you on ice now as filleting you comes later .

Wait- are you admitting you made that up?

FILTP!

26 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Then why did you say your LROCP required an annual fee?

I said I paid a ACMA fee because you said, I said LROCP's dont exist. Or did you want me to spell it fucking out that a LROCP is a prerequisite to operate a shipstation with DSC HF and also a MSCE when shipstation also has Sat C and M.

Get your fucking lies straight at least cupcuke.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

It is a bit like the 15 candidates I examined for the LORCP yesterday. - You know the one - the marine radio licence that you claimed doesn't exist anymore.

23 minutes ago, LB 15 said:
25 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

....Put you on ice now as filleting you comes later .

Wait- are you admitting you made that up?

FILTP!

Hardly.  

You don't go on ice for filleting later, to now be thrown back in. 

I don't want you to sink to the bottom and disappear with out a trace. Far from it.

A saying I quite like. "If you cant bring anything to the discussion table, you are then on the menu".

Tie yourself in knots explaining your bullshit mate- knock yourself out. You pompously tried to lecture a person who has been an Marine radio examiner for 25 years about how much more you knew about DSC than me, then didn’t even know the difference between a certificate of proficiency and a ships station licence and then to attempt  to divert from your stupidity you start yelling shit about Aust flag vessels that everyone knows. 

Just like your bullshit DFAT notice , you have been shown to be a lying dickhead. 

A smart person would now walk away, but I am guessing you will now triple down.

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hardly.  

You don't go on ice for filleting later, to now be thrown back in. 

I don't want you to sink to the bottom and disappear with out a trace. Far from it.

A saying I quite like. "If you cant bring anything to the discussion table, you are then on the menu".

Yep. I thought you would. 

49 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

But surely your storied Ocean crossing vessel is an Australian Registered ship Jack? And you would have known all this?

29 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I don’t know why you felt the need to pop the irrelevant crap about Australian flagged vessels in...did it help lessen your buthurt?

Dementia in 20 minutes some may say is serious.

7 hours ago, Rain Man said:

The rumour is that Taiwan actually had a pandemic plan in place that they followed and resources set aside for dealing with one.  Unlike various western countries whose occasional and sometimes perpetual conservative governments tend to trash things like that as a hopeless waste of taxpayer money, and whose pandemic plan was Ray Bradbury's "when in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout".

Not only did they have a plan, most of the Asian countries did, but they didn't trust China's bullshit. Like Vietnam, they keep a very close eye on the big bully next door. They knew there was shit going on that China was playing dumb about in Dec '19. So they immediately started shutting down any movement between them, unlike the rest of the world. Here we decided to lock down late March, which has since been packaged and successfully sold to the adoring public as going hard and early.

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Dementia in 20 minutes some may say is serious.

51 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

My original LROCP or equivelant is a small dog eared card. 

No your ‘small dog eared card’ is not an LROCP equivalent as it does not have the DSC component. You better be careful which countries you visit on your imaginary ocean passages petal- you won’t be legal in many of them without it. And you claimed that I know nothing about DSC because you said I was teaching a course from before it’s implementation- and you don’t even hold the certificate. You see Jack this is the difference between googling something and knowledge.

Let this be a lesson for you- don’t argue about shit you know nothing about because you might get caught out one day. 

:) 

48 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Tie yourself in knots explaining your bullshit mate- knock yourself out. You pompously tried to lecture a person who has been an Marine radio examiner for 25 years about how much more you knew about DSC than me,

Your 25 years??? Me being pompous??

DSC only became relevant upon ICOM making recreational marine transcievers and securing their ACMA approval (initially copied CE 801E spec). That was less than 15 years ago.    

Your knowledge of DSC is on the record in your posts in SA. Your posts knocking my knowledge gained from actual use go around the block. 

I will quote an ex-student of yours on your knowledge of DSC in the period AMSA ceased listening to HF voice.. "He had clearly had never operated one and didn't know they required two antennas to work".

I suspect you have finally now corrected that.

Yeah pompous and bullshit mate.  

24 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

My original LROCP or equivelant is a small dog eared card. 

No your ‘small dog eared card’ is not an LROCP equivalent as it does not have the DSC component.

That is why the words "original" and "equivalent" are used. 

And I have already dealt with this shit.

24 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

And you claimed that I know nothing about DSC because you said I was teaching a course from before it’s implementation- and you don’t even hold the certificate. You see Jack this is the difference between googling something and knowledge.

Let this be a lesson for you- don’t argue about shit you know nothing about because you might get caught out one day.

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Your knowledge of DSC is on the record in your posts in SA. Your posts knocking my knowledge gained from actual use go around the block. 

I will quote an ex-student of yours on your knowledge of DSC in the period AMSA ceased listening to HF voice.. "He had clearly had never operated one and didn't know they required two antennas to work"

"Let this be a lesson for you- don’t argue about shit you know nothing about because you might get caught out one day"

You won't learn, you never do.

So that is what you are now reduced to Jack. Quoting imaginary students of mine and imaginary posts I made. Come come now  jack - as if you wouldn’t have just posted my old posts if they existed. You love doing that. 

I am sure if you did post in the past about your vast knowledge of DSC I would have corrected them- just like I did before. Jack you didn’t even know the name of the certificate and you thought it had an annual fee. Time to walk away little man.

And now this student- does he or she have a name? 

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You won't learn, you never do.

Perhaps I have little left to learn? You however have certainly been schooled today. The Somalian Prince that invoices you for your annual  ‘Long Operators’ certificate fee obviously won’t be pleased, but you can’t make everyone happy. 

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

That is why the words "original" and "equivalent" are used. 

53D7B136-6BFB-457A-9A95-3C6B08612AD7.jpeg

Blah blah blah

Done your your fee shit and your name shit to death, quoting you... you shrug off so why would I go chase more of your damming DSC quotes? 

And now this student- does he or she have a name?

They thought about reporting you and getting their money back......my view, have the license,  let it go as he is not alone and they will ultimately be pulled into line by someone.

Maybe in terms of something which is a legal and safety issue I was wrong.

So that is what you are now reduced to Jack.

Me reduced....You brought it up and then had your gob moving at lying light speed.

Consequences.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

Not only did they have a plan, most of the Asian countries did, but they didn't trust China's bullshit. Like Vietnam, they keep a very close eye on the big bully next door. They knew there was shit going on that China was playing dumb about in Dec '19. So they immediately started shutting down any movement between them, unlike the rest of the world. Here we decided to lock down late March, which has since been packaged and successfully sold to the adoring public as going hard and early.

And Canada, well, actually, our naieve federal government, ordered some vaccine from a Chinese company and actually thought that they might deliver it while we were still holding Meng Wanzhou for the US on an extradition order created during the Trump administration.  Apparently the vaccine was produced, but the export permit never materialized.....

25 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Fuck Jack.

It's a thread about Taiwan.

Why'd you go and fuck it?

Imposing his authoritative stamp on every thread is why he is here. But doesn't he get triggered when you catch him out on his bullshit!

Lets try this again just for laughs...

50lyyq.jpg

Emmanuel Macron shoulders a heavy burden as Angela Merkel bows out |  Financial Times

50 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I need a bigger chest.

Broader shoulders might help as well.

10 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Humble apologies, it was Robert Heinlein in his 1973 book "Time Enough for Love"

2 hours ago, Rain Man said:

And Canada, well, actually, our naieve federal government, ordered some vaccine from a Chinese company and actually thought that they might deliver it while we were still holding Meng Wanzhou for the US on an extradition order created during the Trump administration.  Apparently the vaccine was produced, but the export permit never materialized.....

The other possibility is that their vaccine doesn't do what they claim. So happy to send it out to under developed countries where there is no real check on efficiency, but not want to send it where it will be followed up.

Sorry, I am rather cynical when it comes to China.

3 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Actually, it went a bit further than mere failure to deliver.

There was a partnership between CanSino and Canada's NRC which fell apart when China refused to export vaccine vials for preliminary trials in Canada in June 2020: https://healthydebate.ca/opinions/canadas-failed-vaccine-partnership/ 

As has become expected, our young "sunny ways" PM had is nose buried deep into the place where the sun don't shine of the Chinese government describing the development as "unfortunate".

13 minutes ago, 12 metre said:

Actually, it went a bit further than mere failure to deliver.

There was a partnership between CanSino and Canada's NRC which fell apart when China refused to export vaccine vials for preliminary trials in Canada in June 2020: https://healthydebate.ca/opinions/canadas-failed-vaccine-partnership/

As has become expected, our young "sunny ways" PM had is nose buried deep into the place where the sun don't shine of the Chinese government describing the development as "unfortunate".

Apparently we gave up a proprietary NRC cell line to the Chinese, who then turned around and shafted us.  

The worst part is that this kind of theft of IP has happened before from NRC, and we just keeping going back and getting ripped off more.  

Our IP ended up in the CanSino vaccine, which was used for the Chinese military, and is now approved for emergency use in Mexico.  It is 61% effective at preventing the disease, and 91% effective at preventing severe disease.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3121448/chinas-cansino-covid-19-vaccine-wins-emergency-approval-mexico

Jack, we already made a an appropriately titled thread just for you, maybe give this one a rest?

Back to Taiwan... being a well organized, prepared, and small island definitely helps, but I suspect there might be something else at work.

Across East Asia there the disease has been minimal. And not just the well organized states like Japan and South Korea, but also Thailand and Vietnam, where if you’ve ever lived, you would know they give fuck-all about obeying rules.  

(And SK/Japan have some the highest density urban areas in the world — should have gotten hammered before testing and contact tracing had a chance to get started...)

My suspicion is that there is greater natural immunity to coronavirus in East Asia than elsewhere, either from prior exposures (to non-fatal ones) or genetic factors. Which would make sense, given coronavirus have generally originated in that part of the world. Worth further investigation.

** I know this violates the SA group-think that lockdowns are the only explanation for varying rates, and environmental factors have no role (because covid is a disease unlike all other diseases ever?) 

14 minutes ago, Controversial_posts said:

Jack, we already made a an appropriately titled thread just for you, maybe give this one a rest?

I was 3rd poster here. 

I was followed here by you and LB.

So you two trolls fuck off.

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

.Any news on the famous DFAT 'Stay put advise' cite yet Jack? 

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Just like your bullshit DFAT notice , you have been shown to be a lying dickhead. 

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

So is your advice that I should  just ‘Stay put’?

Bwahahahahahaha. 

LB time to pull you up yet again. Now it is getting very tiresome.

The above evidence you seek sits in a reply to you 3 months ago.

DFAT OVERSEAS RESIDENTS 'STAY PUT' ADVICE POST & REPLY TO LB - 8 DEC 2020 

Press article in the above post.

PM ACTUALLY TOLD AUSSIES ABROAD TO STAY PUT,

Attachments with the above below and with brief explanation.

DFAT Embassies and Smartraveler portal  communicated  information in writing. This indicated  NO DIFFICULTY for returning residents that obviously requires time. This the last one dated 19 March the actual date of the pending border closure announcement.

image.png.f057b4a1096bf58c6bb8f87bc2c9a1e9.png

Then when border closure occured the next day on 20 March, the above was withdrawn.

image.png.52ed5202bde0a5b5e485d937eeda1ec7.png

Once border closed on 20 March and Quarantine adopted anyone holding a ticket after 29 March was fucked.

From around 8 March prior to this DFAT detailed written advice to LONG TERM  overseas  Australian citizens was this for helping overseas residents to STAY PUT. 

Consular advice by phone and email was to stay put as airlines were getting swamped by tourists just as you.

image.png.fa0be6f97c11ea82deddc6c9fb6f05e6.png

Repeated on Website.

image.png.d4b01b9d00b9b8a03a36ae11e841745c.png

There was no inkling of what was to be imposed in 12 DAYS on 20 March.

The ABOVE were all removed ceased to be transmitted on or around 20 March. 

One year later many of these people are still been fucked over by their Government. No other country in the world has done this.

LB the very people they helped last March to get home, like your family, you now fuck them over with glee and malice. 

Hope you are proud.

1 hour ago, Controversial_posts said:

Jack, has it occurred to you that your posts would have more effect if they marginally reflected the topic of the thread?  This is why everyone here hates you.

Really 

These post's below before you trolling cunts arrived don't reflect the topic do they?? 

You come here even after having your own troll JS thread that you started. 

This is the 3rd pr 4th thread you have followed me to gor your shitpost my posts.

Your JS thread must be going really well for you then.

On 3/3/2021 at 10:46 PM, jack_sparrow said:
On 3/3/2021 at 4:29 PM, Baconator said:

On 3/3/2021 at 11:46 PM, Amati said:

what westerners put up with Taiwan type of personal intrusion,

That is a common and valid criticism for comparing responses.

However the social intrusion is over blown by many. That paper wasn't one.

There is much to be cherry picked from them which has nothing to do with social intrusion. 

Their acceptance of social intrusion, is not just cultural, it is ingrained because of their SARS experience.

They simply had over a 15 year head start and were fully prepared. That is why they were screening Chinese arrivals in Dec 2019 before the rest of the world had even heard of it.

Post Covid 2020 the west is going to be a a bit like Taiwan post 2003 and be more acceptive of some social intrusion.

Watch how many countries set up a centralised disease control agency and have updated epidemic response plans in place post Covid. The number that didn't amoungst the wealthy OECD is eye watering. 

A lot to be learnt from them still.

These three you list.

cost in taxes

Their Covid economic cost is fuckall. Their economic impact is solely global consequential, not internal.

public tracking, 

It is that or lock-downs??

quarantine

They have relatively relaxed visa requirements large arrival and departure numbers to maintain global commercial contact for their economy. Quarantine is fundamental to that. It is also alongside Sth Korea one of the most liberal quarantine programs in the world. Only the infected are state quarantined (1% arrivals) the healthy home/self isolation.

How do they do that? Exit country test, 2nd test and result before leaving airport. Mandatory digital connection and movements tracking of the home isolated.

Watch how many countries are copying that quarantine model by the end of this year to allow movement of people to return. Global vaccinne take up of say 70% is five or more years away is the driver of that.

There is not one top ranked country that doesn't quarantine. The worst mortality numbers are countries that don't.

For instance the UK one of the highest mortality rates in the world only started last month and only selected countries.

They are a major transport hub. Guess which countries have the lowest UK variant strain ratio. The global transmission out of China in early 2020 is peanuts compared to that via the UK. It is still happening today and one year later.

The UK and the US top contenders for those that avoided that global responsibility. Why? To preserve their economies. That worked out well.

You are supposed to say ‘over’ after a long transmission Jack- surly you know that from your ‘LOTCP’ training? Wait... surly after all your ocean crossings you can operate simple radio equipment? 

Actually after reading Jacks posts v LB 15s, I gotta say the LB15 is Jack Sparrows Bitch.

He's got it all over you mate;?!.....

You're just trying to joke yourself out if a difficult situation, whereas JS takes the time to point out the detailed facts, albeit in a " different " way.,  etc.

3 hours ago, Team Prada said:

Actually after reading Jacks posts v LB 15s, I gotta say the LB15 is Jack Sparrows Bitch.

You're just trying to joke yourself out if a difficult situation, whereas JS takes the time to point out the detailed facts, albeit in a " different " way.,  etc.

I thought this thread was about Taiwan?

4 hours ago, Team Prada said:

Give him a few upvotes then. He will really appreciate it mate.

Just now, Team Prada said:

So did I LB15.

Did he? how very odd.

That anyone would think a Thread titled "Taiwan, wow! "was about Taiwan.

What's really sad it that you have apparently been sending me Ardern trolling threads for two  days.

While I've actually been out , well not exactly fishing or sailing, but water was involved and it was grand.

Moron.

This is Meli. AKA Short for Bob.

image.thumb.png.e1d764243545502bb3847dca6f73e37c.png

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Did he? how very odd.

What's really sad it that you have apparently been sending me Ardern trolling threads for two  days.

While I've actually been out , well not exactly fishing or sailing, but water was involved and it was grand.

Moron.

Hi LB15... Talking with yourself

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Like you are? Exactly my point.

Triggered little pin dick. 

You and your sock have a fascinating obsession with penises....   

Says it all really.

Each 3 years the America’s Cup awakens you and you rise from the dead and return to haunt these boards again. So what is your backstory for this Sock? American/Greek billionaire? Ex AC tactician? Sadly Ocean crossing legend without a radio licence  is already taken.

Unemployed paint salesmen who can’t get under a boom is still available. 

Anyway why are you wasting time with me- there are threads to be started.

Who’s your daddy?

86F36298-37F3-4B4F-91FA-DB27CE68BD33.jpeg

On 3/6/2021 at 12:19 PM, jack_sparrow said:

We acknowledge this years payment and as always Crown Prince Abdul Bin Bullshiting of the republic of Somalia thanks you for your prompt response. 

32 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

How’s about taking this to “Limey Pissing Match” Anarchy. 

Al the only soap dodger in this shitfight is The midnight poster. The G man is a kiwi and I am from God’s chosen land. 

Get your sock puppets right mate!

10 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Did he? how very odd.

Moron.

That’s great! 

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

IMG_20210308_090145.jpg.3909c8b2fc7d57cf1336734c20b0c53e.jpg

Jack it is time to leave these folks to their discussion in peace. The place for your childish memes, tedious long re-posts and threats to destroy my career is over in the 'Is Jack mentally ill' thread. Even though that original question has been comprehensively answered, it is still the best place for this handbag slapfest. From now on we restrict our shit fighting in all other threads to just the odd snide comment. 

OK?

• Like 1

"Perhaps they could have avoided it by taking the Governments advice to return home in March". @LB 15

THAT IS 3 DAYS NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF POSSIBLE BORDER CLOSURES THAT WOULD STOP/SERIOUSLY LIMIT ALL FLIGHTS

17 March 2020 Australians who want to return from overseas warned by DFAT to do so ASAP ahead of possible COVID-19 border closures. AUSTRALIAN PRESS ONLY - NOT THE SUBJECT OF A DFAT MEDIA RELEASE 

18 March 2020 -  MEDIA STATEMENT Prime Minister - "We also now advise Australians who are overseas who wish to return to Australia, to do so as soon as possible by commercial means. Commercial options may quickly become limited."

19 March 2020 - MEDIA STATEMENT Prime Minister 

"Australia is closing its borders to all non-citizens and non-residents. The entry ban takes effect from 9pm AEDT Friday, 20 March 2020"

"We also strongly urge Australians looking to return home to do so as soon as possible. This follows our upgraded travel advice for all Australians not to travel overseas, at all".

"Australians who cannot, or do not want to, return home should follow the advice of local authorities and minimise their risk of coronavirus exposure by self-isolating.The government is in discussions with airlines about the continuance of some international flights for the purpose of bringing Australians home and continuing the movement of goods and freight" 

From 19 March 2020 - All but Govt repatriation flights ceased and only 700 persons per day, down from 30,000 per day are arriving in Australia. The Govt had no contingency plan despite telling overseas residents it did. Quarantine with that 700 persons per day capacity started on 29 March.

"Yeah my son was living in Milan until only 7 weeks ago. It has touched everyone. Stay safe"  @LB 15    16 April 2020

"My son has many friends in Milan, having just lived there for nearly a year. This is a real crisis mate!"  @LB 15   17 March 2020 

"We were very lucky that we flew out 4 days before Milan was locked down"  @LB 15  18 Nov 2020

IMG_20210308_121752.jpg.f26b70276fe5d7c0ff41dda7f26901b0.jpg

"If all these people 'stranded' overseas love Australia so much, they can prove it by not risking the lives of all their countrymen AND STAY THE FUCK AWAY."  (his emphasis)   @LB 15    8 February 2021

"No one put a gun at their heads and made them go overseas"   @LB 15    8 February 2021