Donald Trump, Celebrity Vaccine Crusader?

Trump Should Be a Celebrity Vaccine Ambassador

Don’t laugh. The former president himself sowed the seeds for this idea during his speech at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Sunday, his first big post-presidential appearance. “Everybody, go get your shot,” he urged the audience.

Yes! What a fabulous idea! And what a perfect messenger for the cause.

The former president desperately needs something to do with his time. He has been stripped of his favorite hobby — rage tweeting — and there is only so much golf one man can play. Even one who owns a bunch of golf courses.

But if there’s one thing Mr. Trump does know, it’s how to sell stuff. And, as has become disturbingly clear over the past few years, the Republican electorate is willing to buy whatever he’s peddling. Why not put his gifts to productive use? Instead of pushing partisan fiction or dangerous conspiracy theories, direct it toward convincing his legion of fans of the benefits of protecting themselves — and their loved ones — from a lethal pandemic.

If inclined, Mr. Trump could invite fellow celebrities to tag along. Kanye, maybe. Or, for a more explicitly conservative appeal, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock, Jon Voight, Gary Busey, Scott Baio, Sean Hannity. … It would mean sharing a sliver of the limelight. But no matter whom Mr. Trump appeared with, he’d always be the biggest star on the stage. It’s the ultimate win-win scenario. Mr. Trump gets his ego stroked while coaxing his most devoted followers to take the vaccination plunge.

As for getting Mr. Trump on board, someone just needs to make the case that this is a mission so worthy it could finally score him that Nobel Prize.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Conservative Political Action Conference

That's what CPAC stands for?  I thought it was Conservative People Are Crazy.

Who's going to pay him to do this, and how much? Is it worth having criminal investigations dropped? Lawsuits settled out of court? If there isn't some quid pro quo, I don't see him stepping up and just doing the right thing.

Just now, dylan winter said:

I still do not understand why he kept quiet about him and Melania having hd their jabs while he was still at the white house

he is a bit of  an arse

d

Because he said that he would not cut in line just because he was president, and that he'd wait his turn. At that point he still thought that he was going to remain in office (Probably still does).

Somebody at the CDC needs to take one for the team.

Draw straws... Fauci, Birx, and a host of others.  Whomever draws short needs to go on national TV and proclaim Trump as the best President ever, and that he handled the virus "perfectly".   Then go to Mara Lago have a meeting with Trump, fawn over him, and tell him that his help is needed in promoting vaccines. Then get the first direct flight home,  down an entire bottle of gin, throw up, and call it a day. 

This pretty much would assure that all of his followers would get vaccinated.  That would cover most of the stupid population in the country, which are the ones we should be worried about.

Or, we could let the stupid population continue their anti-vax stance, and let natural selection figure it out. 

The average intelligence of the planet may go up a bit. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, gptyk said:

Or, we could let the stupid population continue their anti-vax stance, and let natural selection figure it out. 

Prob is that I gotta wear a mask for the better part of the next decade for that to work.  No Bueno...  

47 minutes ago, gptyk said:

If we could limit the risk to just that group - yep.  But, they are out and about, putting EVERYONE at risk.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dylan winter said:

I still do not understand why he kept quiet about him and Melania having had their jabs while he was still at the white house

he is a bit of  an arse

d

His weak-minded version of projection-of-strength does not include help from a vaccine to fight off a virus (that he already caught anyway).

I still do not understand why he kept quiet about him and Melania having had their jabs while he was still at the white house

he is a bit of  an arse

d

Hard to maintain the charade of it being no big deal when you get the shot.

he is a bit of  an arse

d

Is that bit the hole?

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Somebody at the CDC needs to take one for the team.

Draw straws... Fauci, Birx, and a host of others.  Whomever draws short needs to go on national TV and proclaim Trump as the best President ever, and that he handled the virus "perfectly".   Then go to Mara Lago have a meeting with Trump, fawn over him, and tell him that his help is needed in promoting vaccines. Then get the first direct flight home,  down an entire bottle of gin, throw up, and call it a day. 

This pretty much would assure that all of his followers would get vaccinated.  That would cover most of the stupid population in the country, which are the ones we should be worried about.

The stupid ones are the ones that should get it. If they survive, they won't be so smug the next time. If they die..... Meh, who cares?

28 minutes ago, Nice! said:

His weak-minded version of projection-of-strength does not include help from a vaccine to fight off a virus (that he already caught anyway).

I don't believe he had the virus. I think it was a ruse to show how innocent the virus is to robust healthy Republicers.

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

The stupid ones are the ones that should get it. If they survive, they won't be so smug the next time. If they die..... Meh, who cares?

I don't believe he had the virus. I think it was a ruse to show how innocent the virus is to robust healthy Republicers.

I know that's a theory. I just don't see him faking something that he thinks would show him as weak. If anything, he had it a knew he had it for a week before he was hospitalized (by which time they had to make it public). And during that time was meeting with people, shaking hands, no masks, etc, and hoping that he wouldn't have to ever tell anyone that he had it.

1 minute ago, Mrleft8 said:

I think he had it and died from it. Mitch McConnell had the corpse reanimated and powered by a dozen 18650 batteries. Apparently you couldn't tell the difference except that Trump now has a constant aroma of rotting meat around him.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Exactly - who the fuck recovers from it in a week?

Especially an old, morbidly obese, drug addled man.

I don't care what sort of health car he had - that just wouldn't have happened.

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He did turn a huge inheritance into a mud pie.  This guy can do anything.

1 minute ago, hasher said:

He did turn a huge inheritance into a mud pie.  This guy can do anything.

He also turned large parts of America into slobbering idiots, but a lot of them had a head start already.

21 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

This fits with my theory that he had it for some time before admitting it, and only admitted it because he had to when he was hospitalized.

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Who's going to pay him to do this, and how much? Is it worth having criminal investigations dropped? Lawsuits settled out of court? If there isn't some quid pro quo, I don't see him stepping up and just doing the right thing.

He'd do it for a bounty of $5.00 a shot. I can see the ad campaign now.

Use promo code Shitstain 2024 when you register for your vaccine, and $5.00 will credited to Former Guy's personal account.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Read that Docs said he was close to intubation..  

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I don't believe he had it either. He needed an excuse to avoid the upcoming presidential debate after getting whalloped in the first one.

16 minutes ago, shaggy said:

Read that Docs said he was close to intubation..  

Yeah, and his personal Dr. before he was installed as POTUS said that he was the healthiest person to ever run for the office. That his vitals were the best he'd ever seen. Nobody had the strength and stamina that Trump had..... Except that was a lie. The Dr. never wrote that report, and he admitted it shortly after Trump was installed.

If you trust anything that anyone who is paid by Trump, says about Trump, you're living in a fog.

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

I think he had it and died from it. Mitch McConnell had the corpse reanimated and powered by a dozen 18650 batteries. Apparently you couldn't tell the difference except that Trump now has a constant aroma of rotting meat around him.

NOW has a constant aroma of rotting meat around him?  Only now?

The shit-stained, diaper-wearing mad mango lives on McDonalds and Diet Coke.  He can clear a room with a fart.

36 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

NOW has a constant aroma of rotting meat around him?  Only now?

The shit-stained, diaper-wearing mad mango lives on McDonalds and Diet Coke.  He can clear a room with a fart.

Well, admittedly it's hard to smell the meat over the fecal overload.

3 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

I wish you guys would show the woman who chose to marry him more respect.

The smell of rotting meat? Sheesh. I'm sure she's tried to wash him off.

Jeez, now he's gone from President to The Former Guy to being the Trumpinator

What next?

- DSK