Its hard to find a real answer

Disrupted Polar Vortex Leads to Winter Temperature Anomalies Across Earth (newsweek.com)

I tried to find something about the shifting Poles but after last year it seems things either stopped or they have been hidden.

Last year I read that the poles had shifted almost 1000 miles. now I cannot find much info.

What's up DOC?

It seems a shift in the magnetic field is pretty FUCKING important.

3 hours ago, Rain Man said:

Last I checked, the Poles I know were still where they always were.  Maybe ask @Ed Lada if he's noticed anything.

I looked around and did a quick count.  Looks normal to me.  I'll post here if they start moving elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I looked around and did a quick count.  Looks normal to me.  I'll post here if they start moving elsewhere.

Maybe the shift will swing some vowels your way. 

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I tried to find something about the shifting Poles but after last year it seems things either stopped or they have been hidden.

tenor.gif?fit=1&resize=620,4000&ssl=1

I saw a bit on TV about a 2100' very low band radio tower built in Poland in 1970 designed to be able to broadcast pretty much around the globe because of the shifting Poles.  Does that help? The interweb killed it so no longer there.  Not sure if Poles have stayed or are still moving around.

1 hour ago, d'ranger said:

I saw a bit on TV about a 2100' very low band radio tower built in Poland in 1970 designed to be able to broadcast pretty much around the globe because of the shifting Poles.  Does that help? The interweb killed it so no longer there.  Not sure if Poles have stayed or are still moving around.

I know Poland's borders have always been in flux but I didn't realize the whole country moved around too.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, IStream said:

I know Poland's borders have always been in flux but I didn't realize the whole country moved around too.

It's an attraction thing.  Ask Ed about the girls.

2 hours ago, IStream said:

I'd rather not.

Ed’s always nattering on about the beauty of the ladies in Poland.  

It's hard to find a real answer when you discount anything that you don't want to hear.

Funny that way, idnit?

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

It's hard to find a real answer when you discount anything that you don't want to hear.

Funny that way, idnit?

18 hours ago, Windward said:

17 hours ago, IStream said:

I'd rather not.

14 hours ago, Windward said:

Man tough crowd here.

If you ever came to Poland, you would understand.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, IStream said:

Only at a wedding when the DJ plays Disco Polo, the most annoying, nauseating pop music on the face of the earth.  Think of Justin Bieber backed by a polka band with a touch of K Pop to spice things up.  Everybody claims to hate it, yet you hear it everywhere.  Somebody is listening and dancing to that shit!

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:
21 hours ago, Windward said:

20 hours ago, IStream said:

I'd rather not.

17 hours ago, Windward said:

Man tough crowd here.

If you ever came to Poland, you would understand.

I have and I do.

• Like 1
On 3/3/2021 at 10:17 PM, justsomeguy! said:

The last I saw was about 1000 miles toward Siberia. I was interested in updates.

18 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Funny that way, idnit?

But guys like you just like bash. With today's cancel culture things seem to disappear.

Case in point. There used to be a great paper hosted on a university site that talked about the 400,000 year cycle that caused heating and cooling. But it did not fit the narrative that humans are at fault for everything and so it has been removed.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

The last I saw was about 1000 miles toward Siberia. I was interested in updates.

Good luck.

Latest data- 86.50°N and 164.04°E

The movement of the poles is interesting.

The poles switching polarity?  That freaks me out.  Apparently has happened a number of times over the lifespan of the planet, no rhyme or reason, no way to know when it will happen next.

Can you imagine?

yeah, that'll really screw up my science fair project!!

GAWD! That Polo Polka shit was horrendous!

(Maybe Cum wad ought to go to Siberia and tell us what he finds....)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sledracr said:

The movement of the poles is interesting.

The poles switching polarity?  That freaks me out.  Apparently has happened a number of times over the lifespan of the planet, no rhyme or reason, no way to know when it will happen next.

Can you imagine?

No.

Will my compass still work but South up?

On 3/6/2021 at 1:58 PM, Mrleft8 said:

GAWD! That Polo Polka shit was horrendous!

(Maybe Cum wad ought to go to Siberia and tell us what he finds....)

I hear it is warming as the Pole shifts closer. Part of NA seems to be getting colder.

Why do you insist on calling me Cum Wad. Nothing works below my waist because of my injury. You really seem to be a complete nut job with your horrible manners.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:07 PM, Meat Wad said:

With today's cancel culture things seem to disappear.

You do realize that cancel culture is a myth propagated by butt hurt conservatives, don't you?  Bunch a whiners they are when things don't go their way and they blame everyone but themselves.