What did people do while the forums were offline?

Oh you know, a bit more masturbation, beating the kids, etc :P

But seriously, I don't spend a lot of time on these forums despite all appearances to the contrary.

I work in IT, so I'm near a computer most of the time anywho.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

I thought I’d blown it up :wub: 

:lol: I was checking it on laptops too just in case it was mobile only 

1 minute ago, jaysper said:

But seriously, I don't spend a lot of time on these forums despite all appearances to the contrary.

:lol:

Me too.. I mean I work in IT too 

Just now, 45Roller said:

:lol:

Me too.. I mean I work in IT too 

Oh come on, fess up!

I betcha your keyboard is covered in (lets put it politely "goo") as well :lol:

6 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I thought you worked in NZ. :D

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, jaysper said:

"But seriously, I don't spend a lot of time on these forums despite all appearances to the contrary."

Did you take up comedy in the break?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, strider470 said:

I thought you worked in NZ. :D

I do! We can't ALL have jobs shagging sheep.

I tried to get one but my grades in Baaaology 101 simply weren't high enough.

5 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Oh come on, fess up!

I betcha your keyboard is covered in (lets put it politely "goo") as well :lol:

:lol:no way, it's a logitech mx keys

2 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

"But seriously, I don't spend a lot of time on these forums despite all appearances to the contrary."

Did you take up comedy in the break?

So right now I am in front of a puter with 4 screens.

Its called technology dude.

I live in IT and I work in IT too :D

• Like 1

So right now I am in front of a puter with 4 screens.

Its called technology dude.

Did many evacuate there in the end mate? 

2 minutes ago, strider470 said:

I live in IT and I work in IT too :D

I'm getting a takeaway from an Italian chipper, does that count mate? 

:D

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Btw now I understand why we laugh for the same stupid jokes :D

18 minutes ago, 45Roller said:

Did many evacuate there in the end mate? 

Didn't hear of anyone evacuating in Wellington, I think only up north.

We live about 220m above sea level, so a tsunami is the least of our concerns.

Any quake big enough to cause a tsunami that can reach us 220m up and about 6 kilometers inland would probably cause NZ to sink beneath the waves.

5 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Any quake big enough to cause a tsunami that can reach us 220m up and about 6 kilometers inland would probably cause NZ to sink beneath the waves.

That would do some damage all the same. Frightening when you recall the images from Bali and Japan. 

16 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Ahh ok, fair enough mate, is there much interest in etnz down there? 

Same old life, as usual.
Trying to find a meaning of life.
Enjoying the rain outside (not living in IT, unfortunately).
Send an HAARP soundwave to create an earthquake in ETNZ base, but man I need glasses...

(BTW happy the shaking didn't made too much mess. stay safe guys)

• Like 1

Sat on a hill in the sunshine most of yesterday (about 40 metres above sea level), with a bunch of neighbours. We were waiting for the tsunami, which fortunately never arrived. 

Checked out Mozzy's latest YT vids.

I missed you guys.

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Sat on a hill in the sunshine most of yesterday (about 40 metres above sea level), with a bunch of neighbours. We were waiting for the tsunami, which fortunately never arrived. 

I missed you guys.

Nice way to spend the day, we missed you too. 

1 minute ago, mauriciogfj said:

I spent most of the extra in time my teenage daughter highschool whatsapp parents discussion group. I will not elaborate, but in comparison this forum looks quite tame and sane.

Now that sounds mindbendingly head wrecking, listening to all the knobs full of perfection. Been there, have the scars, best avoided. 

27 minutes ago, 45Roller said:

Ahh ok, fair enough mate, is there much interest in etnz down there? 

There will be next week.

You know what it's like, the great unwashed have no interest unless the cup match is on.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

I missed you guys.

Beware,  the Fukishima tsunami up-wash reached heights of up to 40.5 metres (133 ft) in Miyako in Tōhoku's Iwate Prefecture.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, axolotl said:

Beware,  the Fukishima tsunami up-wash reached heights of up to 40.5 metres (133 ft) in Miyako in Tōhoku's Iwate Prefecture.

A frightening prospect that would be. 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Warning:  this is sad.

A scientist was washed off Pedra Branca, an island off the south coast of Tassie, in 2003.  He was 40 meters above sea level, sheltering in the saddle you can see in the photo, I believe.

image.png

8 minutes ago, Secret Experiment said:

Warning:  this is sad.

A scientist was washed off Pedra Branca, an island off the south coast of Tassie, in 2003.  He was 40 meters above sea level, sheltering in the saddle you can see in the photo, I believe.

image.png

My jaysus. 

20 minutes ago, Secret Experiment said:

Also seen off Pedra Branca..... 

Some people are braver than me!

image.thumb.png.d75880965fbdeef81c5f2c58e2c823cd.png

Wow, point break style 

And the intelligence of the responses remained the same :)

Only day i got no dislikes...

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

There ya go, gave you a dislike just to make you feel at home :)

Finally anarchy is working properly again.

4 minutes ago, dullers said:

Finally anarchy is working properly again.

Sadly this is what SA doses to you. When your not abused you think something is wrong. 

• Like 1
Just now, mako23 said:

Sadly this is what SA doses to you. When your not abused you think something is wrong. 

I got a dislike a few minutes ago, it was not a proper one but an ironic one so i am still a bit dismayed and disappointed.

Went for a 500 km ride on my motorcycle.  Nice to be clear of all the whining and back-biting B)

• Like 1

Hibernated and kept the boat drinks flowing, wait, the boat drinks always flow here.  Really looking forward to watching some actual SAILBOAT RACING!  Been re-paneling my office and trimming out windows I replaced a year and a half ago, have taken down 15 trees this winter, finished that up too.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GeeJay said:

Went for a 500 km ride on my motorcycle.  Nice to be clear of all the whining and back-biting B)

Should have done a 1000 km and delayed your whining by another couple of days.

• Like 3
Just now, zenmasterfred said:

Hibernated and kept the boat drinks flowing, wait, the boat drinks always flow here.  Really looking forward to watching some actual SAILBOAT RACING!  Been re-paneling my office and trimming out windows I replaced a year and a half ago, have taken down 15 trees this winter, finished that up too.

You must be anti environment.  Glad to meet someone who feels the way i do about it.

1 minute ago, zenmasterfred said:

Wow, Fred. You have been busy. ;-)

30 minutes ago, dullers said:

I got a dislike a few minutes ago, it was not a proper one but an ironic one so i am still a bit dismayed and disappointed.

I could heavily verbally abuse you, but you know it wouldn’t be genuine. Im down today because of no racing. I haven’t the enthusiasm to be nasty to anyone at the moment. Yet I know we in NZ have suffered next to no lockdowns compared to anyone else in the world. So I guess I should keep my whiny mouth shut. 

No you are right we have to get the boats racing or us anarchists go feral. 

2 minutes ago, dullers said:

No you are right we have to get the boats racing or us anarchists go feral. 

Cunt! Cunt! Cunt! Cunt!

Sorry dude, best I can do. My heart just aint in it. I

It does not have the right atmosphere about it. I don't feel your hatred.

1 hour ago, dullers said:

You must be anti environment.  Glad to meet someone who feels the way i do about it.

Nope, just have a lot of trees on our property that have grown in the last 45 years since the house was built, opening the view to the water and getting light in the backyard.  The previous owners had not done any clean up for a long time, bought as is but have waterfront with a view across the Straits of Juan de Fuca from our little island to the Olympic Peninsula.  Livee in the NW corner of America.

2 hours ago, dullers said:

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

bought as is but have waterfront with a view across the Straits of Juan de Fuca from our little island to the Olympic Peninsula.  Livee in the NW corner of America.

Pray tell more? Am considering taking an early retirement and that’s exactly to the T the situation and view I’d want most... edit: it is what Basiliscus retired to, but from Whidbey Island. 

12 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

Nope, just have a lot of trees on our property that have grown in the last 45 years since the house was built, opening the view to the water and getting light in the backyard.  The previous owners had not done any clean up for a long time, bought as is but have waterfront with a view across the Straits of Juan de Fuca from our little island to the Olympic Peninsula.  Livee in the NW corner of America.

Right smack on the border. Any useable lumbar, Fred?

3 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Pray tell more? Am considering taking an early retirement and that’s exactly to the T the situation and view I’d want most... 

On Davis Bay, Lopez Island outside Cattle Pass.  Look across Mummy Rocks and Whale Rocks to Sequim and PA.  Spectacular, the view changes all the time.  We face south.  The water is always moving, it has been blowing a hoolie up here the last few days, like being on the ocean, totally different than being inside the islands on the water.

Just now, Sailbydate said:

Right smack on the border. Any useable lumbar, Fred?

Lots of good firewood and been giving some away to friends and neghbors who need it.  Milled some for the house repairs a year and a half ago.  Had a really nice spruce log and wondered if Tallyho could use it for a bow sprit.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

On Davis Bay, Lopez Island outside Cattle Pass.  Look across Mummy Rocks and Whale Rocks to Sequim and PA.  Spectacular, the view changes all the time.  We face south.  The water is always moving, it has been blowing a hoolie up here the last few days, like being on the ocean, totally different than being inside the islands on the water.

Sweet, damn... 

The west coast of Orcas Island looked gorgeous last time I got to sail by one afternoon, but it may be above my target budget. 

4 minutes ago, zenmasterfred said:

Lots of good firewood and been giving some away to friends and neghbors who need it.  Milled some for the house repairs a year and a half ago.  Had a really nice spruce log and wondered if Tallyho could use it for a bow sprit.

Great idea. Give, Leo a call. I'm sure he could use it.

8 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Darn it. I am still looking for like minded tree fellers. Must have own chain saw.