Do Republicans Believe in Democracy?

17 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

in no world would I wish "the Rona" or any other ill on him.

How about this guy, who was a key player in the FOX Covid lies about Corona which resulted in thousands of deaths, and who died of it himself? 

I have a REALLY hard time feeling sorry for him . . 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-business-eric-spinato-covid-death_n_60596313c5b6d6c2a2a9910d

Fox News personalities have spread dangerous misinformation about the pandemic. They’ve played down the threat of the virus and denigrated safety guidelines, such as wearing masks and maintaining recommended social distancing.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps you can name a country with pure capitalism. Then we could perhaps identify a monopoly therein. Your assumption that America is capitalist is cute. Since we grew beyond an agrarian econom

Go play college sophomore with someone else. I'm not interested in your pedagogy. We have an actual country with real people who need policy solutions. You're not smart enough or worldly enough to pro

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

How about this guy, who was a key player in the FOX Covid lies about Corona which resulted in thousands of deaths, and who died of it himself? 

I have a REALLY hard time feeling sorry for him . . 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/fox-business-eric-spinato-covid-death_n_60596313c5b6d6c2a2a9910d

Fox News personalities have spread dangerous misinformation about the pandemic. They’ve played down the threat of the virus and denigrated safety guidelines, such as wearing masks and maintaining recommended social distancing.

I'm susceptible to schadenfreude as much as the next guy. Oh, and I have a particular affinity to irony, so there's that.

That said, I wish the Rona on nobody. (What I wish is for it to go away.)

Doesn't mean I have to feel sorry for those who denied it and found themselves to be wrong the hard way.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Danceswithoctopus said:

those who denied it and found themselves to be wrong the hard way.

I hear ya, and mostly agree, but Spinato did much worse than just denying it . . 

He was a key player in a deliberately lying media machine that directly caused the deaths of thousands. 

Other than that, he was apparently a great guy !!

5 hours ago, Grrr... said:

Where is the dog lately.  Gone a whole 8 days?  Normally we get his daily posts at the start of his workday, at lunch time, and then after work.  Maybe he took a vacation?  Or did he get the rona?

Maybe he contracted the hoax.

I don't wish anyone contract this motherfucker.  My BIL and his son are STILL battling it, some 8 and 9 weeks, later.  I've lost 4 friends to it.

As surprising as it may be, I think he realized he could no longer defend the indefensible.  But, he sure did try.  And, instead of owning it, he tucked his tail between his legs and ran off.

59 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I don't wish anyone contract this motherfucker.  My BIL and his son are STILL battling it, some 8 and 9 weeks, later.  I've lost 4 friends to it.

As surprising as it may be, I think he realized he could no longer defend the indefensible.  But, he sure did try.  And, instead of owning it, he tucked his tail between his legs and ran off.

I don't see it. I can't see @Doghaving that level of self-awareness. Something is keeping him off the board.

On 3/24/2021 at 6:04 PM, Bus Driver said:

Election Security?

The same party that fights against every photo id law is going to add election security?

Does same day registration provide "security"?

Does requiring votes to be accepted when you are not in the correct precinct add security?

How about registration of minors?

How about banning witness signature or notarization of absentee/mail in ballots?

Does nationwide ballot harvesting help or hurt election security?

But I see most of the usual foreign and domestic (D) echo chamber types are willing to "talk" about HR 1 in their usual ways - strangely enough, none of it involves actually looking at the legislation. I guess DU or MSNBC told them what to think about it.

15 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

The same party that fights against every photo id law is going to add election security?

Whole lotta photo id going on here. This is Brian Kemp signing the Jim Crow law. This is Brian Kemp dropping his ballot off at an absentee ballot drop box. This is how you spell hypocrisy.

image.png.8827706507d88228d124dfe8dd106f5a.png

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Does requiring votes to be accepted when you are not in the correct precinct add security?

How about banning witness signature or notarization of absentee/mail in ballots?

But I see most of the usual foreign and domestic (D) echo chamber types are willing to "talk" about HR 1 in their usual ways - strangely enough, none of it involves actually looking at the legislation. I guess DU or MSNBC told them what to think about it.

I wasn't going to reply but WHAT???  Why the hate for mail in voting, Why the hate for early reg of those that will be 18 when the election roles around?  Why the hate for communities coming together, gathering ballots and bringing them to the pooling place?  Why the roadblock to voting such as voter ID?  There has not been one instance proven in court so why throw up the roadblock??  

But I see you swallowed the Lie Hook line and sinker that there needs to be changes and someone convinced you that only people of color need to do these things as they are nefarius.  The old folks that live in that giant old folks community in FL had no issues, why should the inner cities and the mostly poor minorities jump through hoops, wait in line and starve/dehydrate whilst the old folks with $$ Golf carts and time merely need to in their golf carts and throw the thing in a box.  Do you really think the GA laws are a way forward??  If so You are sick...  

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, shaggy said:
42 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Expand  

I wasn't going to reply but WHAT???  Why the hate for mail in voting, Why the hate for early reg of those that will be 18 when the election roles around?  Why the hate for communities coming together, gathering ballots and bringing them to the pooling place?  Why the roadblock to voting such as voter ID?  There has not been one instance proven in court so why throw up the roadblock??  

But I see you swallowed the Lie Hook line and sinker that there needs to be changes and someone convinced you that only people of color need to do these things as they are nefarius.  The old folks that live in that giant old folks community in FL had no issues, why should the inner cities and the mostly poor minorities jump through hoops, wait in line and starve/dehydrate whilst the old folks with $$ Golf carts and time merely need to in their golf carts and throw the thing in a box.  Do you really think the GA laws are a way forward??  If so You are sick...  

Why the hate?  Because the GOP is likely to be relegated to the children's table if the Democrats can keep them from enacting these voter suppression laws.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

I hope the feds come down on Georgia so hard that many people lose their tooth.

The felony charge is an insult, in a normal world charges like this are dropped. If the Governor insists on proceeding, then the job of fixing it is dropped into the lap of a Judge, who will not like dealing with frivolous charges lodged against a State Senator.

32 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

bpm is a credulous troglodyte. I treat his posts like farts.

I wish I could just light a match and they'd go away.

1 hour ago, Teener said:

I wish I could just light a match and they'd go away.

The ignore button is your friend.

And it doesn't stink or flare up.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, bpm57 said:

fuck off bitch.....

4 minutes ago, dacapo said:

fuck off bitch.....

And there you have it.
The matter is one of respecting the law, if I may say so. 
Voting, voting is a right of EVERY citizen. With that comes responsibility. That responsibility has a number of facets. Most normally people have great access to be able to fulfill those responsibilities. We regularly obtain photo-identification and produce that upon request. No one is denied photo ID. We regularly are asked if we wish to register to vote. Whether that is getting your Driver's License renewed, going to a concert, attending school, via solicitation in the mail...... if you cannot bother to fill out the card The League of Women Voters or Board of Elections sends you , that isn't because of a lack of the system trying to get you to register. Unable to get to the polls due to work, or school, or disability? Well when The League of Women Voters or Board of Elections send you that registration card, just check the little box requesting a Mail in Ballot. This isn't hard. This isn't even challenging.
So why Day of Registration? Why no Photo ID? If a person cannot bother to return the little card or to head down to DMV to get photo ID, are you really doing the heavy lifting of watching TV news or reading a newspaper to stay upon current events???

Please stop with the silliness. The only reasons for day of registration and no photo ID is to defraud the election system.  Plain as the nose on your face.

28 minutes ago, quod umbra said:

And there you have it.
Voting, voting is a right of EVERY citizen. With that comes responsibility. That responsibility has a number of facets. Most normally people have great access to be able to fulfill those responsibilities. We regularly obtain photo-identification and produce that upon request. No one is denied photo ID. We regularly are asked if we wish to register to vote. Whether that is getting your Driver's License renewed, going to a concert, attending school, via solicitation in the mail...... if you cannot bother to fill out the card The League of Women Voters or Board of Elections sends you , that isn't because of a lack of the system trying to get you to register. Unable to get to the polls due to work, or school, or disability? Well when The League of Women Voters or Board of Elections send you that registration card, just check the little box requesting a Mail in Ballot. This isn't hard. This isn't even challenging.
So why Day of Registration? Why no Photo ID? If a person cannot bother to return the little card or to head down to DMV to get photo ID, are you really doing the heavy lifting of watching TV news or reading a newspaper to stay upon current events???

Please stop with the silliness. The only reasons for day of registration and no photo ID is to defraud the election system.  Plain as the nose on your face.

FFS....being a douche is why I told assfuck to fuck...

DON'T BE DOUCHE.....................

A modest proposal for a 28th Amendment -

A well regulated militia Voting, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bare Arms Vote shall not be infringed.

43 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Funny how 43 states now have more than 250 bills to restrict access to voting, but only after the GOP lost the WH and Senate.

Co-inky-dink?

Last gasp of a political party which is misinforming their shrinking base.

Unless they succeed, in which case it’s called apartheid.

4 hours ago, quod umbra said:

And there you have it.

Bogus claims of fraud abound.  You live in a sheltered world where everybody has a car and a drivers license.  If you had no such things then you would never have a reason to go to the DMV. Why should we force people to do that who have no other reason to do so?  Bogus claims of fraud is not a valid reason.  More and more young people, people who live in urban areas, people who can't afford a car are going to be suppressed.  I suppose that's just fine for you if the majority of them vote democrat.

• Like 1

Well of COURSE we need those Reichista voter suppression laws !! 

After all, remember all the evidence uncovered during months of 

investigations by Trump's own Voter Fraud Commission ?? 

Oh, wait  . . .   

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/04/635668304/member-of-disbanded-trump-voter-fraud-commission-speaks-out

It defies logic and good sense for the US Reich to take Trump's lies about vote fraud in 2016-17 seriously, and then for those lies to be utterly disproven; and then to believe the same sorts of lies in 2021. 

Of course we all know it's really all about suppressing the vote of dark skinned people. 

3 hours ago, Teener said:

Bogus claims of fraud abound.  You live in a sheltered world where everybody has a car and a drivers license.  If you had no such things then you would never have a reason to go to the DMV. Why should we force people to do that who have no other reason to do so?  Bogus claims of fraud is not a valid reason.  More and more young people, people who live in urban areas, people who can't afford a car are going to be suppressed.  I suppose that's just fine for you if the majority of them vote democrat.

Well, seeing as I live in the NYC metro area..... and have been the victim of voter fraud....

The problem with voter fraud is once it happens there is no remedy and no good way to trace who perpetrated said fraud.... if indeed you are able to identify it even happened in the first.

1 hour ago, quod umbra said:

Well, seeing as I live in the NYC metro area..... and have been the victim of voter fraud....

The problem with voter fraud is once it happens there is no remedy and no good way to trace who perpetrated said fraud.... if indeed you are able to identify it even happened in the first.

More support for big-govt / big-brother from the party that wants to look in your pants before you go into the bathroom. 

9 hours ago, quod umbra said:

.....  The only reasons for day of registration and no photo ID is to defraud the election system.  Plain as the nose on your face.

Right

Because there is SO MUCH fraud that the people who think it's a big problem can't find more than a tiny bit, and that smidgin is being done by their own side.

- DSK

7 hours ago, quod umbra said:

You would rely on an anecdote to disenfranchise of thousands.  Classic right wing justification.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Teener said:

You would rely on an anecdote to disenfranchise of thousands.  Classic right wing justification.

That is how the Right reasons ..  

2 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

What exactly was she charged with?

Cannon, who is Black, was charged with two misdemeanors under state law: obstruction of law enforcement and preventing or disrupting General Assembly, according to police.

Cannon faces two felony charges -- felony obstruction and preventing or disrupting general assembly session, according to an arrest affidavit seen by CNN. The affidavit states that Cannon was charged with disrupting General Assembly session because she "knowingly and intentionally did by knocking the governor's door during session of singing [sic] a bill."

The press can't agree on whether it's a misdemeanour or a felony, but it's all bullshit regardless.

"The constitution of the state of Georgia is quite clear on that a duly elected representative cannot be arrested during a session. That's a violation of the Constitution unless there are three exceptions: One would be a felony, two would be a breach of the peace and three would be a treason. We believe, based on the facts and evidence that we have uncovered so far, neither of those exceptions apply," he added.

12 hours ago, Teener said:

It's not even an anecdote. It's an allegation of an anecdote.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

What would make the apology unnecessary is some sort of comment instead of just some random link. But you be you.

At least it's not a link to one of his own threads.  Tom sure likes to do that.

16 hours ago, Raz'r said:

What would make the apology unnecessary is some sort of comment instead of just some random link. But you be you.

Well, OK.

Discriminatory laws and practices that create long lines and make casting a vote as difficult as possible deter people from voting. By doing so, they attack Americans' liberty and their equality before the law. A right made onerous is, in many respects, a right denied.

I agree with that and pretty much everything else in the article by the Koch-$pon$ored TeamR cheerleader.

Interesting. According to an article in The New Yorker, Mitch is using Koch anti-democracy tactics to prevent passage of HR1 because a majority of Republicans would like to pass HR1.

It appears that he, and Koch moneylenders, think a public campaign against the bill would most likely fail, so it’s up to “under the dome” tactics like using the filibuster to prevent its passage.

Perhaps this points out how much the GOP is centered around its richest donors for policy and direction.

The speakers on the call expressed alarm at the broad popularity of the bill’s provision calling for more public disclosure about secret political donors. The participants conceded that the bill, which would stem the flow of dark money from such political donors as the billionaire oil magnate Charles Koch, was so popular that it wasn’t worth trying to mount a public-advocacy campaign to shift opinion. Instead, a senior Koch operative said that opponents would be better off ignoring the will of American voters and trying to kill the bill in Congress.”

On 3/26/2021 at 8:30 PM, shaggy said:

Why the roadblock to voting such as voter ID? 

I realize that "vote early, vote often" is the way the (D) party rolls, but why even pretend that you give a damn about "election security" when your signature legislation is designed to remove any ability to prove that a voter is who they claim to be? No more witnesses or notaries, no signature matching. Fed databases not considered good enough to get dead and moved people off voting rolls. Imagine!

11 hours ago, phillysailor said:

Perhaps this points out how much the GOP is centered around its richest donors for policy and direction.

Yet the (D) party, with all those Soros, Gates, & Zuckerburg $$$ rolling in are totally not doing what those billionaires desire. Dark money, only bad when it comes from non (D) financiers. Funny how that is. Just like kids in cages is acceptable now.

5 hours ago, bpm57 said:

I realize that "vote early, vote often" is the way the (D) party rolls, but why even pretend that you give a damn about "election security" when your signature legislation is designed to remove any ability to prove that a voter is who they claim to be? No more witnesses or notaries, no signature matching. Fed databases not considered good enough to get dead and moved people off voting rolls. Imagine!

Oh yeah, for sure - and you know that because of all the evidence that the Drumph Commission on Election Integrity found in its lengthy and costly (many millions) investigations.  

Oh wait . . .  (they found nada) 

You are a liar of nearly Drumphian proportions . . 

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-01-10/trump-commision-on-election-integrity-found-no-evidence-of-voter-fraud

On 3/31/2021 at 3:10 AM, phillysailor said:

Interesting. According to an article in The New Yorker, Mitch is using Koch anti-democracy tactics to prevent passage of HR1 because a majority of Republicans would like to pass HR1.

It appears that he, and Koch moneylenders, think a public campaign against the bill would most likely fail, so it’s up to “under the dome” tactics like using the filibuster to prevent its passage.

The speakers on the call expressed alarm at the broad popularity of the bill’s provision calling for more public disclosure about secret political donors. The participants conceded that the bill, which would stem the flow of dark money from such political donors as the billionaire oil magnate Charles Koch, was so popular that it wasn’t worth trying to mount a public-advocacy campaign to shift opinion. Instead, a senior Koch operative said that opponents would be better off ignoring the will of American voters and trying to kill the bill in Congress.”

I'm guessing that wasn't an article in Reason

Good to see the Delta Air CEO come out against the GA vote suppression . . 

hope they move the baseball All Star game out of GA; and next year, the PGA should move the Masters out of Disgusta. 

What else  . .  ? 

23 hours ago, Hard On The Wind said:

Americans, and that includes Republicans, have grown to understand that winning is more important than fair play. 

Come on man !! Basta with the Both Sidesism 

Contrast how the Dems acted losing in 2016 with the Reich in 2020. Or that Dem lady who just lost by 6 votes. 

And do you even grasp that the US Reich (I know, they used to be Dems until 1970 or so) murdered thousands of folks for merely attempting to vote ? 

You have every right to back the Both Sides meme if you wish to do so, but in order to be even slightly persuasive you need to provide some solid sources. 

On 3/31/2021 at 6:10 AM, phillysailor said:

I guess they probably had a couple of ACLU lawyers on that call. Weird.

14 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Good to see the Delta Air CEO come out against the GA vote suppression . . 

hope they move the baseball All Star game out of GA; and next year, the PGA should move the Masters out of Disgusta. 

What else  . .  ? 

The Centennial Olympic Park is closed.  A right wing terrorist bombed it when it was brand spanking new.  When BLM were forcibly removed during an up until then peaceful protest, the bitch was closed and is still closed.  Maybe we should move it up to Forsyth County. https://www.11alive.com/article/news/investigations/the-reveal/forsyth-county-lynching-memorial-to-go-up/85-e9e16326-36d5-4c3b-abfd-e76f9b0a793a

11 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Come on man !! Basta with the Both Sidesism 

Contrast how the Dems acted losing in 2016 with the Reich in 2020. Or that Dem lady who just lost by 6 votes. 

And do you even grasp that the US Reich (I know, they used to be Dems until 1970 or so) murdered thousands of folks for merely attempting to vote ? 

You have every right to back the Both Sides meme if you wish to do so, but in order to be even slightly persuasive you need to provide some solid sources. 

I think your reading comprehension is failing.

In re Georgia (on my mind) . . 

ya gotta hit that southern Reich where it really hurts . . 

GOLF

the PGA should yank next year's Masters out of Augusta 

3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Reagan was a shit.

And monumentally corrupt  . . . 

about the only monument he deserves and does not have. 

On 4/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, SloopJonB said:

I think this is the best illustration of Republicans.

Republicans.png

Gaetz needs to be on there.  Hell, if much more comes out about him, look for Fox to put a "D" after his name.

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Gaetz needs to be on there.  Hell, if much more comes out about him, look for Fox to put a "D" after his name.

He already has the hat.

businessman-in-dunce-cap-looking-really-

3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Reagan was a shit.

that he was. reagan was a menace, it's a shame the stupid cunt wasn't exterminated early in his political career, his acting career, too.

I heard some progressive gent from Georgia point out

about the recent elections . . 

"When black folks win, they change the rules." 

As baseball gets into gear, I pondered the truth of that, and 

thought about how, when Bob Gibson posted a 1.12 ERA in '68 I think it was, 

major league baseball lowered the pitchers mound by a third - from 15 to 10 inches. 

Coincidence ?? 

14 hours ago, 3to1 said:
18 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Reagan was a shit.

that he was. reagan was a menace, it's a shame the stupid cunt wasn't exterminated early in his political career, his acting career, too.

Reagan was a great salesman for the idea that gov't is the bad guy, and the working people deserve to get fucked over by the rich.

I've never understood why anybody would like either concept, much less base their whole political philosophy one them. I used to consider myself conservative, but these two ideas have cancerously eaten up everything that was ever good or even half-decent in conservatism.

- DSK

I thought that Reagan would have made a much better King than a President.

Had a very likeable charisma but was way too right wing to be a good administrator.

Trickle down was one of the most destructive fallacies ever foisted on America.

2 generations later it still hasn't trickled down but millions of gullible nitwits are still waiting and believing.

reaganomics-pic.jpg

3 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Indeed Vin Weber described Republicans as royalists.

AFAIK the "conservatives" in 1776 left the USA and came here to the Maritimes and became United Empire Loyalists.

At any point in history they want things "the way they were".

Just look how they use "Progressive" as a pejorative.

3 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

AFAIK the "conservatives" in 1776 left the USA and came here to the Maritimes

But the oligarchs stayed behind in the US to install their Elk in power for generations . . 

17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I thought that Reagan would have made a much better King than a President.

Had a very likeable charisma but was way too right wing to be a good administrator.

Trickle down was one of the most destructive fallacies ever foisted on America.

2 generations later it still hasn't trickled down but millions of gullible nitwits are still waiting and believing.

reaganomics-pic.jpg

You are finally right about something, but not what you think.  "Trickle down" was, indeed, a very destructive fallacy.  It was a straw man fallacy created by the democrats as Reagan never said the words "trickle down."

The destructive part of the fallacy is that the democrats convinced so many people to think that the government was the source of their wealth.  In reality, the very best chance an individual has of attaining wealth is by developing a desired product or service and working hard to provide it.  Even today, democrats think if they raise taxes just a little more, and move money around a little more, then they will be more wealthy.  Keep waiting.

6 minutes ago, jzk said:

You are finally right about something, but not what you think.  "Trickle down" was, indeed, a very destructive fallacy.  It was a straw man fallacy created by the democrats as Reagan never said the words "trickle down."

The destructive part of the fallacy is that the democrats convinced so many people to think that the government was the source of their wealth.  In reality, the very best chance an individual has of attaining wealth is by developing a desired product or service and working hard to provide it.  Even today, democrats think if they raise taxes just a little more, and move money around a little more, then they will be more wealthy.  Keep waiting.

Thanks for the Daily Laffer!

1 hour ago, El Borracho said:
1 hour ago, jzk said:

Expand  

Thanks for the Daily Laffer!

:lol: JerKZ appears to have assumed The Mutt's mantle. He's too dim to even know that Reagan's "Supply Side Economics" was branded trickle down as a measure of sarcasm - AFTER being labeled "Voodoo Economics" by Bush the Greater during the election..

Talk about living in an alternate universe.

Stupid 12.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jzk said:

George H W Bush referred to Reagan's Trickle Down Economics as Voodoo Economics. However, the term Trickle Down does indeed come from a Democrat, from Will Rogers who belonged to no organized party. But it was Reagan's numbers guy, David Stockman, who said:

It's kind of hard to sell 'trickle down,' so the supply-side formula was the only way to get a tax policy that was really 'trickle down.' Supply-side is 'trickle-down' theory.

Yawn.

• Like 1

Republicans only care about one thing 1,$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.00

3 hours ago, jzk said:

The destructive part of the fallacy is that the democrats convinced so many people to think that the government was the source of their wealth.

In fact, the working poor have been ground down since forever, often with the connivance of Dems. 

In tolerating a punitive min wage, for profit scam Unis, predatory lending of all sorts, and much more . . 

the government has been complicit in the financial rape of working and poor USAeans.  

Read Gary Rivlin's Broke USA - of course you won't, but you should 

3 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

In fact, the working poor have been ground down since forever, often with the connivance of Dems. 

In tolerating a punitive min wage, for profit scam Unis, predatory lending of all sorts, and much more . . 

the government has been complicit in the financial rape of working and poor USAeans.  

Read Gary Rivlin's Broke USA - of course you won't, but you should 

If you want to make more money, equip yourself with a better, more desired skill.  In a system of capitalism, the poor have the greatest opportunity to grow to the middle class and beyond versus any other system ever invented.

If you don't want to be involved with a "predatory lender," don't.  There are no loans out there that are mandatory.  

The dems are just going to keep the poor down.  Why?  Who else will give them power?  If they believe they can make it in this world on their own, what do they need the democrats for?

Here is an example that proves my case from your post.  Minimum wage?  Raising the minimum wage hurts poor, low skilled workers.  It is the most very basic econ 101 that there is.  If you raise minimum wage, no one is going to hire people with a productivity lower than that wage.  And, if they don't get hired, they don't learn on the job skills whereby they can then command higher wages.  

You and others with your nonsense political ideology are the ones fucking the poor.  

1 minute ago, El Borracho said:

In the Jerk-Z world we can all be CEO’s if we just try harder. Even the terminal kids in hospital. 

It is true that there are some retards, such as yourself, that are so retarded that they will simply never be able to take care of themselves.  For those retards, I agree that society should, somehow, provide for them.

1. The Republican Cult - is not into Democracy....as we understand it. They are into corruption and such. A minority now - and about 1/2 once Trump dies, would be of the Mitt Romney or Charlie Baker old New England Republicans - who do believe in some form of representation, although they prefer one dollar=one vote
( I will refer readers to his 49% comment).

2. We can illustrate US Capitalism perfectly both in the release of toxic 100's of millions of gallons right now in Florida...and in other ways. Privatize the profits, socialize the losses. Who cares if the Marine industry is already gone? We make more money from Theme Parks and developments. Also, why pay for what is needed when we can makes others - in the future after we are dead - pay for it?

My own little "at home" Capitalist illustration. I started work on a framing crew. 5 Guys. We has two who were top notch and the other 3 learning - but after a few weeks we all had more than enough to do the job (framing is not rocket science). We got paid a certain fixed dollar amount per house. Since we were hippies we shared it - and each made $5 an hour. When we talked to other crews they said "you guys are crazy - we make $15 per hour and pay the other 4 on the crew $2.50 per. It doesn't take a lot of math skills to understand that only 20% of the framers, even if they are all evenly qualified, can make the higher wage. The Ponzi scheme eventually runs out - as it did. 

The example of that - is that, adjusted for inflation, that $5 in 1974 is $26. today. But, somehow, there has always been people willing to work for less so a framer on a crew today where were were (south) might start at 1/2 that. WINNING.

A study was done worldwide online - very clever - it worked as a reverse auction to slowly see how people would tighten the thumbscrews on themselves. It was designed to get bids to write articles...on a per word basis.

Without detailing the whole study, the US won. Idiots in the USA were bidding to work for approx. 25 cents an hour. 

My dad always taught me - if you tighten up those thumbscrews good and hard...then let off two turns, the victim will think it's pleasure. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jzk said:

J,

If you and I both create this service - we haul waste for Paint factories - and you do everything right, but I have found a third party bonded company who works with another company (which I don't know) who works with even another company - to dump the waste into a big pile in the Everglades, who makes the most profit?

No discussion, please? Who makes the bigger profit, those who play fair or those who cheat?

2 minutes ago, craigiri said:

J,

If you and I both create this service - we haul waste for Paint factories - and you do everything right, but I have found a third party bonded company who works with another company (which I don't know) who works with even another company - to dump the waste into a big pile in the Everglades, who makes the most profit?

No discussion, please? Who makes the bigger profit, those who play fair or those who cheat?

Is jail profitable in the long term?

3 minutes ago, jzk said:

Is jail profitable in the long term?

Please do not tell me or the world that the jails are full of polluters?. Please?

Please don't tell us they are full of crooked bankers, appraisers, ceo's. - in fact, need I point out that Rick Scott was award with some of the highest offices in the land for the biggest frauds? I could list others similarly.

Please stop with the tooth fairy. That is not real world. Crime pays in the USA...

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, craigiri said:

Please do not tell me or the world that the jails are full of polluters?. Please?

Please don't tell us they are full of crooked bankers, appraisers, ceo's. - in fact, need I point out that Rick Scott was award with some of the highest offices in the land for the biggest frauds? I could list others similarly.

Please stop with the tooth fairy. That is not real world. Crime pays in the USA...

You can't make it in this world without government assistance because some people are criminals?