1 minute ago, Editor said:

And they are better than ever. Some new features, like this one touted in the AC Forum today, and we think it is an overall better experience. 

Let us know what you like or don't like.

What ist thisse shitte frome Feb 1st?                         :)

OMG! it's horrible terrible nothing works can't find anything can't you just put it back ?  

• Like 3

And they are better than ever. Some new features, like this one touted in the AC Forum today, and we think it is an overall better experience. 

One thing I always say, and so many people just don't listen..... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This forum was fine, had a few glitches, but it worked fine. Now it's nearly in-navigable.

But now that you've broke it, we'll just have to learn a new system. Thanks for very little.

1 minute ago, Baldur said:

OMG! it's horrible terrible nothing works can't find anything can't you just put it back ?  

Pulle youre Bigge Girlle Pantiese on and dealle withe it...................                      :)

• Like 2
Just now, Mrleft8 said:

One thing I always say, and so many people just don't listen..... If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

This forum was fine, had a few glitches, but it worked fine. Now it's nearly in-navigable.

But now that you've broke it, we'll just have to learn a new system. Thanks for very little.

well genius, it was broken. we had all kinds of issues that needed to remedy with a forum update and upgrade. you'll figure it out. or not. try scuttlebutthole forum. i hear that place is really fun!

• Like 8
Just now, Editor said:

well genius, it was broken. we had all kinds of issues that needed to remedy with a forum update and upgrade. you'll figure it out. or not. try scuttlebutthole forum. i hear that place is really fun!

Fuck you faggotte!  Scuttellebutte ist the choise of looseres.................        we dointe do that..........                   :)

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Editor said:

Apparently you know it well. I've never heard of it until now.

fucking horrific, unacceptable.

just kidding, I like the collapsed content with option to expand format because it loads that much faster. 

+1

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Apparently you know it well. I've never heard of it until now.

know it well? i know it like walking past a pile of dog shit and knowing that it is dog shit. now fuck yourself.

know it well? i know it like walking past a pile of dog shit and knowing that it is dog shit. now fuck yourself.

How sweet of you.

I'll save this post for future reference.

Hobots Random Pics thread in GA won't open.

If it doesn't get fixed there will be a contract out on The Ed.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Hobots Random Pics thread in GA won't open.

If it doesn't get fixed there will be a contract out on The Ed.

that is fucked! the ed is on it!

• Like 5

I've never put a "Moderator" on ignore before, but bless this new forum, it's been done now, mate.

26 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I've never put a "Moderator" on ignore before, but bless this new forum, it's been done now, mate.

oh no! am i supposed to feel bad? and now you are blessing the forum?  the fuck's wrong with you? actually i don't care. now move along and find something else to bitch about.

11 minutes ago, Editor said:

oh no! am i supposed to feel bad? and now you are blessing the forum?  the fuck's wrong with you? actually i don't care. now move along and find something else to bitch about.

ive owned a few forums, and i will say every time i do an update people bitch, then down the road they don't until the next update. go figure.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, bigrpowr said:
28 minutes ago, Editor said:

ive owned a few forums, and i will say every time i do an update people bitch, then down the road they don't until the next update. go figure.

I thick he caulled you a piece of chicken......  thast notte ritte.                   :)

Like the search option for "just this thread" (hope this cuts down on dupes)

Like the collapsed long posts

Theme--meh. Will adapt

Logging in on IOS still throws an error message (Error code 2S119/1)

Logout button difficult to find (toolbar disappears)

Home page difficult to find

"Leave a Reply" still fails to pop up reply box on Home Page stories.

No matter. Still the best way to spend COVID isolation, so thanks

3 minutes ago, stief said:

Speling test.  Edit button gone?

It's a spelunk test - you have to search for it. Or check out the three ... dots in the upper right - when it's your posts you should have 3 options, edit being one.

edit: yep except there are 4 options.  Count to 3. 3 shall be thy number, just as written in the book of Armaments. 

25 minutes ago, stief said:

On iPad, have to change to old theme to get the logged in user options back. Then logout works.

5 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

It's a spelunk test - you have to search for it. Or check out the three ... dots in the upper right - when it's your posts you should have 3 options, edit being one.

It's like getting a new GPSr. Have to play with the screens and  buttons.

1 hour ago, stief said:

Speling test.  Edit button gone?

Fixed. 'Edit' now in with 'Report' . Whew.

Not on my puter. Perhaps mine's been hacked by a tempestuous Trumper.

you'd think for the money we pay we'd get something better ......................................

• Like 4

Could you fuckwits please bitch a little more vigorously about your free playhouse?? 

Anybody else notice how none of the paid trolls, sockpuppets, Mooslims, illegals, pedos, trannys, gas lighters, fartblossoms, or topless selfie taking girlfriends has posted here?? 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

topless selfie taking girlfriends

now that is an omission that needs reification .

1 hour ago, sunseeker said:

I’m not sure what everyone is bitching about. Big improvement overall, loads way faster.

Because things changed. Change is bad.

• Like 1

So far not enjoying the new experience. I have been with you for 17 years!!

1) List sight of new notifications on my profile top right. So I cant just highlight the bell and go straight to the post. 

Where has it gone?

2) Edit post link at the bottom has gone. Now have to search for it to edit new post.

3) The copied content has to be clicked to expand in the posts. Wastes time and annoying when you are scrolling through. 

Please remove,  or at least allow me the option to have complete pasted content,  not having the expand every time. 

4) That's just for today when I logged in and found you had changed loads. 

13 hours ago, Editor said:

Just one thing I noted: the AC forum doesn't seem to adjust to the available screen width any more - even though this Topic does.

Personally I prefer the "full-width" as it's better for displaying images, and I can view more posts on-screen.

IMO :)

Aaaaaaan 5 posts to get to a circular firing squad of "fuck you."  Glad that function still works.  Wouldn't want to throw away 20 years if tradition. 

And KG if you're out there; fuck you. 

• Like 2

the feature I most miss went in the last update - the one where you could click on something, I think it was no of replies in the list of threads, and see who the top posters were and how many. Handy for spotting the threads that were just circle jerks with two or three individuals and usually worth missing.

The "go to first unread post" function is very erratic.

I'd say well under 1/2 the time takes me there, the rest of the time it lands several posts previous.

It looks cleaner. 

a few fixes:

- missing the thread message count the was in the upper right corner of every message.  Useful when making reference to a specific message.

- SA icon not showing up when you open a new tab of threads (it has some blue square with a V in it).  It shows up on the SA AC, but not on the various threads on the SA main page or many of the other forms...

Happy to have SA, live in a FB and Twitter free zone and want to keep it that way.  Me thinks some anarchists need to get some kind of life it change in SA is so upsetting to you.  Appreciate a forum to share sailing stuff with others in whatever form it comes in.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

There has GOT to be some way to reduce the amount of white space.  An entire computer screen and I've got 3 sentences on it?

image.thumb.png.8ddeee06afc3864bb679df83a1649171.png

That would be my only request really, everything else seems to work, iPad next

8 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Just nee Random Pic Thread back. 

+ several 1000 million

That thread is a cultural icon that needs to be restored!

Or did the ed finally get pissed off with all the requests for swag for @hobot? Sabotage!

Why are the logos on the browser tabs (Chrome for me) now some forum engine logo or something and not the SA one as before ?

Otherwise fine for me at this point

2 hours ago, mad said:

That would be my only request really, everything else seems to work, iPad next

Can’t see notifications on the iPad, see if the edit works? 
That works

Another edit,  how do you get to your account settings on an iPad? 

1 hour ago, alphafb552 said:

Or did the ed finally get pissed off with all the requests for swag for @hobot? Sabotage!

oh goody a conspiracy theory to promote :)

• Like 1

Yeah I miss the old red tab logo.  It used to be easier to find amongst the other bluish blobs.  And my default, "E" ,screen logo is purple, does that mean I have to be sarcastic?  Otherwise for my simpleton use it seems fine. 

4 hours ago, yl75 said:

Why are the logos on the browser tabs (Chrome for me) now some forum engine logo or something and not the SA one as before ?

Otherwise fine for me at this point

• Like 1
On 3/10/2021 at 2:13 PM, Mrleft8 said:

How'd that work out for you?

In prior versions of the forumware when I was a moderator, you were not allowed to put Moderators on ignore. So it was always good for a chuckle when some fuckwit claimed he put me on ignore, as the software wouldn't allow it.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

+ several 1000 million

That thread is a cultural icon that needs to be restored!

@hobot's thread and this one were my two favorite internet hangouts for a long time.  The other one died because the author posted food pictures which annoyed the mods (ok, it was an aviation site) and they flicked him, which caused him to lose interest.  

Really hoping they find a way to save the RP thread.  I checked the wayback machine and it only has a few of the pages in it.

3 hours ago, Rain Man said:

@hobot's thread and this one were my two favorite internet hangouts for a long time.  The other one died because the author posted food pictures which annoyed the mods (ok, it was an aviation site) and they flicked him, which caused him to lose interest.  

Really hoping they find a way to save the RP thread.  I checked the wayback machine and it only has a few of the pages in it.

Did someone object to yummy bat soup?

image.png.f6fa691b5899c1ae68a550d97083985f.png

How to read notifications on iPad? If a logout fixes things, how to logout? How to access my profile without first finding an old post if my own?

I hear there is a SA Main Page that might he interesting to read. Why no link?

• Like 1

I don't know what all of the uproar is about.  The last time the site underwent a major overhaul, there were no complaints, no moaning, everybody just went about their business like nothing happened.  :lol:

• Like 1
On 3/10/2021 at 1:47 PM, Editor said:

1. Can't see notifications using Chrome on an iPhone.
  2. (YouTube) links don't appear to automatically embed.

Happy to receive tips. 

3 minutes ago, Squalamax said:

I can't log on from my iphone? Can't even find the place to log on. 

I hate using my phone for anything other than texting, talking and mapping. My eyes are getting so bad up close I cant see shit on the little screens.

But I really do not like the BRIGHT WHITE. Fuck, at night my computer screen would illuminate the whole room.

5 hours ago, El Borracho said:

How to read notifications on iPad? If a logout fixes things, how to logout? How to access my profile without first finding an old post if my own?

I hear there is a SA Main Page that might he interesting to read. Why no link?

These 2 ^^^^

Didn't realise you could find your profile that way, thanks,

4 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I don't know what all of the uproar is about.  The last time the site underwent a major overhaul, there were no complaints, no moaning, everybody just went about their business like nothing happened.  :lol:

Had a chance to edit your orgy invites posts yet? :P

• Like 1
On 3/11/2021 at 6:15 AM, Grrr... said:

There has GOT to be some way to reduce the amount of white space.  An entire computer screen and I've got 3 sentences on it?

image.thumb.png.8ddeee06afc3864bb679df83a1649171.png

I like it. Reminds me of my old typewriter.

Just now, LB 15 said:

I like it. Reminds me of my old typewriter.

How did you ever manage to slide your computer monitor into the paper slot on the typewriter?

By the way, just out of curiosity, is this change also related to a change of contract mode with "Invision" ?

Like from an "on premises" license to a saas/"cloud" license or something ?

On 3/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, mad said:

Another edit,  how do you get to your account settings on an iPad? 

This works here: Choose a different theme from the bottom of the page, like IPS Default.  The new Header at the top then has the Profile options  (logout, etc) in the three bar menu top right

.IMG_DE1C26229015-1.thumb.jpeg.dfe8ae24e9fa9ebb34443bee2ff9b768.jpeg

IMG_6C249BCBDFCB-1.thumb.jpeg.f9ac3f6142ac1a9e153b82f8cdb3afe1.jpeg

• Like 2

My smileys don't work anymore!!!.

I cant express myself like this!

http://rationalia.com/z/Ratz%20Smilies%20Mk%203/index3_files/haironfire.gif

I'm going to be in all sorts of http://rationalia.com/z/Ratz%20Smilies%20Mk%203/index3_files/duel.gif  http://rationalia.com/z/Ratz%20Smilies%20Mk%203/index3_files/slapfight.gifwithout them.

http://rationalia.com/z/Ratz%20Smilies%20Mk%203/index4_files/tumbleweed.gif

On 3/9/2021 at 9:48 PM, stief said:

Like the search option for "just this thread" (hope this cuts down on dupes)

Like the collapsed long posts

Theme--meh. Will adapt

Logging in on IOS still throws an error message (Error code 2S119/1)

Home page difficult to find

"Leave a Reply" still fails to pop up reply box on Home Page stories.

No matter. Still the best way to spend COVID isolation, so thanks

That's a plus right?

1 hour ago, IPLore said:

That's a plus right?

Well . . . . I like to check the FP once in a while, when the link is handy. ;) 

In all seriousness, not a bad upgrade but what's the status of the Random Pic Thread?  

Going to be fixed but will take a while

Fucked but too scared to admit it

Who the fuck knows?  We'll look at it when we get to it, if then.  

• Like 1