For temporary random pic thread relief

Wow, I forgot about this guy...

beer_looter_8b636b44cbaf89f1fe28f10a9bd9

But this is ridiculous! I can only assume that some, many of us have told the ED so why oh why has it not been restored?  surely to God it's possible, right?  Please tell me I am NOT now facing a world with no Random Pic thread.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, chester said:

But this is ridiculous! I can only assume that some, many of us have told the ED so why oh why has it not been restored?  surely to God it's possible, right?  Please tell me I am NOT now facing a world with no Random Pic thread.

My heart is breaking as the Random Pic Thread is slowly sinking down the topic listing!

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, chester said:

Like I said in the other thread, maybe it's not possible to have such a large thread with the new and improved system?  Like when an email is too large for a server to send or receive.....

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

Like I said in the other thread, maybe it's not possible to have such a large thread with the new and improved system?  Like when an email is too large for a server to send or receive.....

so break it up into multiple threads in chronological order :)

and a seperate thread for page toppers!!!

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

You went over the 255 character limit...  Most of the time the file name on the server gets too big and cannot be migrated without shortening it to 255 characters.  Big issues when migrating data to new systems/platforms.  Only way to do it is manually With one or 2 this is easy, with the amount of data we have on here, not so easy.  Or write code to do it before migrating the data into the new system which is $$$.  

The Way Back Machine has an archive as of March 1 going back a decade.

Also, does it mean anything that the thread went catatonic on page 420?

I have decidedly mixed feelings about this thread...first of all...HOBOT!  nothing we do is going to mimic the greatness of Hobot's work.  Second I don't want "anyone" to get the idea that we're gonna just start a new thread and it's cool...IT IS NOT COOL! what do we want? the random pic thread!  When do we want it? NOW!

and her's an old pic of Dawn Wells

33-57.jpg.pro-cmg-scaled.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, chester said:

I have decidedly mixed feelings about this thread...first of all...HOBOT!  nothing we do is going to mimic the greatness of Hobot's work.  Second I don't want "anyone" to get the idea that we're gonna just start a new thread and it's cool...IT IS NOT COOL! what do we want? the random pic thread!  When do we want it? NOW!

and her's an old pic of Dawn Wells

33-57.jpg.pro-cmg-scaled.jpg

Just quoting you to repeat your sentiments, with the added bonus of another look at the pretty lady!

5 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

My heart is breaking as the MEMORY of the Random Pic Thread is slowly sinking down the topic listing!

...leading me to drink (more)...

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

HTF do they slide that together?

I didn’t realize they were separate boards that made up the walls, so I was really confused about how they could slide together. Makes more sense that they’re stacked

https://www.reddit.com/r/Carpentry/comments/k246ov/thought_you_guys_might_appreciate_this_beautiful/

ACtC-3fsdut6TmPeaPJgJBO2gij3NGglZR-FePR3

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:
Tha fàilte oirbh caraid.
:)

That’s pretty fucking good. Did you google it or is Irish just another one of the Snagglese dialects?

hehehe

Big thanks to everyone for their contributions!  I don't smoke but this must be what it's like to be on the patch.  

Is Hobot still amongst us?  Stay strong my friends!

image.png.5e76263e77225917a3dfc401d4304fc1.png

George Hammond at one of the air strips he maintained on the Channel Islands off Santa Barbara - this one is on San Miguel. He made hundreds of trips to the islands from his family home in Montecito bringing mail and supplies. This trip is listed as one he made to Cuyler Harbor in 1935 to go for a swim.

31 minutes ago, Orion Jim said:

7DE636EF-A107-4DF1-B9E0-A6A15036A891.gif.c6d83c32861a01717635d356473256fb.gif

I was visiting my cousin who was staying in a trailer park in 1969 while he was attending WSU in Pullman, WA.  A trailer caught fire and the fire department raced up and draped their fire hoses across the railroad tracks. . . and then the train came. . . and severed the hoses.  The trailer then burned to the ground.  There are so many IQ tests out there?

9 hours ago, view at the front said:

Someone at the fire department told me the new trains are "trained" (pun intended), to hop right over those!  Said he learned it at a recent "training" class.

Coat, hat, door...  Try the veal, I'll be here all week, vacationing, on cloudy Sullivan's Island.  Must find time to visit Fort Sumter!

1 hour ago, tybee said:

so you're to blame for bringing this wretched weather down here with you

Sorry mate!!  It's 4 degrees warmer at Pratt & Whitney in Middletown, same as Charleston at home in Deep River, and no sun expected here, until after we leave on Thursday.   Then you can have your beautiful weather back!! 

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:
1 hour ago, tybee said:

so you're to blame for bringing this wretched weather down here with you

Sorry mate!!  It's 4 degrees warmer at Pratt & Whitney in Middletown, same as Charleston at home in Deep River, and no sun expected here, until after we leave on Thursday.   Then you can have your beautiful weather back!! 

BB, heade downe to Tybee Iland, mabey you cane gette it to raine on Mr T.                                      :)