Neo-Con agenda - Stay in Afghanistan

You don't have to defend Obama from me. I'm a huge fan except for Afghanistan and especially for Afghanistan after OBL Sleeps With The Fishes Day which is May 2 with the 10th anniversary coming up. Hi Tom!

I do remember that wet behind the ears Obama was running against an aged and worldly McCain and had to sound firm and resolved. I don't remember his Afghanistan was not a hill worth dying on. Any cites I should read?

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

You don't have to defend Obama from me. I'm a huge fan except for Afghanistan and especially for Afghanistan after OBL Sleeps With The Fishes Day which is May 2 with the 10th anniversary coming up. Hi Tom!

I do remember that wet behind the ears Obama was running against an aged and worldly McCain and had to sound firm and resolved. I don't remember his Afghanistan was not a hill worth dying on. Any cites I should read?

I didn't take your post as an attack on Obama, just not sufficiently appreciative of the nuances.

;)

His book makes his 2008 campaign and first year (or so) in office sound incredibly hectic. Lots of detail, yes, IIRC one of his aides was trying to get him to talk about things that boost his popularity in ways that people could appreciate, and used the "not a hill worth dying on" phrase.

- DSK

Top general says military in Afghanistan begins closing down

https://apnews.com/article/asia-pacific-afghanistan-3db567de6953b66021c89525046931d4

Only that devious weasel Biden would just do what he said he'd do. It takes a real man, like Tom's boy Shitstain, to take four years in order to promise to do something if he got re-elected.

6 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

https://apnews.com/article/asia-pacific-afghanistan-3db567de6953b66021c89525046931d4

Only that devious weasel Biden would just do what he said he'd do. It takes a real man, like Tom's boy Shitstain, to take four years in order to promise to do something if he got re-elected.

Turnip's still working on his health plan. Any day now...

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Olsonist said:

I'll believe it when I see it. But somehow I see your boy, shit for brains, still has plenty of time to weasel out. 

25 minutes ago, Venom said:

I'll believe it when I see it. But somehow I see your boy, shit for brains, still has plenty of time to weasel out. 

I'll bet anyone here except Olsonist $20 that he finds some reason to stay once again. I'd bet Olsonist too, but don't want to once again learn the payment terms that I should accept after he loses.

The neocons are not happy. Leaving Afghanistan is not good for business and there a shit load of money at stake. Maybe the Afghans should pay us back for saving their country? 

Hillary Clinton warns Biden he should expect 'huge consequences' from his decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan..

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

image.png.be9de0af33b68d49941dbd751fa2b098.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/25/us/politics/us-afghanistan-withdrawal.html

Someone should bet our resident Fakebertarian, although when he loses he may try to pay you with a newly minted NFT.

Hi Tom!

Sorry, I don't trust him with any name/address/venmo account, etc.  I might share a favorite charity for him to donate too, but even that is too much info.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:38 AM, Olsonist said:

image.png.be9de0af33b68d49941dbd751fa2b098.png

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/25/us/politics/us-afghanistan-withdrawal.html

Someone should bet our resident Fakebertarian, although when he loses he may try to pay you with a newly minted NFT.

Hi Tom!

No one seems confident enough to bet on this one.

I hope I'm wrong and would applaud a July withdrawal, just as I would have applauded a May withdrawal.

Still willing to bet most anyone that I'm right and we'll still be there in October and beyond.