J/111, the Fancor flat drum furler and a sail change. Any problems?

The 2011 J/111 I'm getting in April still has a Fancor "flat" furling system, dual track. One of the crew who sailed with the prior owner told me that the tracks are too close together and when a headsail change is attempted, its very hard or impossible to hoist a second sail next to the first. I have had both Tuff Luff and Harkin MK IV systems and done this with no trouble at all, has anyone experienced this problem with the Fancor?

13 hours ago, George Dewey said:

The 2011 J/111 I'm getting in April still has a Fancor "flat" furling system, dual track. One of the crew who sailed with the prior owner told me that the tracks are too close together and when a headsail change is attempted, its very hard or impossible to hoist a second sail next to the first. I have had both Tuff Luff and Harkin MK IV systems and done this with no trouble at all, has anyone experienced this problem with the Fancor?

Used the standard Facnor for 3 full seasons without any issues. Went to Harken Carbofoil to optimize for IRC/offshore.

Sounds like an issue with lufftape? Worked great for us (i e no difference to other brands).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blur said:

Used the standard Facnor for 3 full seasons without any issues. Went to Harken Carbofoil to optimize for IRC/offshore.

Sounds like an issue with lufftape? Worked great for us (i e no difference to other brands).

Good to know, thanks. My sailmaker will be on board for the first sail, I'll ask him to have a look.