Dalton: bullshitter alert!

Every Cup cycle end Dalton proclaims ETNZ is bust and needs financial assistance, from the NZ taxpayer via the Gullible Government to, carry on.

Yet Dalton never reveals ETNZs books and how many millions are spent making every member of the team super rich.

Crikey, Burling just brought a multimilllion dollar Auckland home having only ever worked at ETNZ.

Then we here of all of Daltons recent purchases.  .  Super cars, property in london....   and now..

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/team-nz-boss-grant-daltons-37m-power-cat-yacht-with-a-5200-wine-fridge/AETZHG5F2O7FZ2DEOZNP6WBD6U/

It appears that the only person not putting money into ETNZ ( when they need help), THROUGH SACRIFICING SOME OF THIER MILLIONS, is Dalton himself.

Yip even the poor office cleaner of south Auckland contributes.... Whille Dalton spends up large.

.... Remember...After the SF choke Dalton claimed where broke " help us NZ Govt".. ..while not helping himself.

Then we hear the same bullshit last week where he says I'm selling the event offshore... Thanks for the millions NZ but fuck you!

Then we see a chinese sponsor on the mainsail and think WTF!...

But hey... His new boat is being build there by a Aussie company... " Fuck NZ builders and supporting the kiwis that bailed his team out for three AC cycles"

But does Dalton care... Nope!... he just folllows the easy money and easily can fuck off back to his london home and wait for the Gullible NZ government to bail out his well financed team again. .  while he pays himself millions.

Time for the NZ Govt to tell Dalton to fuck off and finance another event.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 3
1 minute ago, jaysper said:

Kinda difficult to disagree with any of that.

12 years in the AC and he can afford a 37Million dollar power cat...

Plus millions on property, cars, ...

The team was broke thanks to Daltons wage packet.

What a greedy wanker!

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Team Prada said:

What a greedy wanker!

3.7M

• Like 3

Fuck off troll!

How many miles have you sailed?

How many multi million dollar sponsorship deals have you pulled off?

If Blakey had done the same would you be sticking the knife in and twisting it?

Quoting a nanny herald hatchet job FFS sake!

Take a friggin look at what this countries level of pride in an entire event is -win or lose.

You are a pathetic whiner and a classic tall poppie fuckwit.

Dalton has bought so much to the country and you think he deserves nothing because the taxpayer helped out.?

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

The really rich appreciate people that can make things happen you on the other hand whine about what happened.

Grow a pair !

There I feel better now.

BTW the powercat is not 37 million fuckwit.

• Like 8
42 minutes ago, Team Prada said:

Every Cup cycle end Dalton proclaims ETNZ is bust and needs financial assistance, from the NZ taxpayer via the Gullible Government to, carry on.

Yet Dalton never reveals ETNZs books and how many millions are spent making every member of the team super rich.

Crikey, Burling just brought a multimilllion dollar Auckland home having only ever worked at ETNZ.

Then we here of all of Daltons recent purchases.  .  Super cars, property in london....   and now..

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/team-nz-boss-grant-daltons-37m-power-cat-yacht-with-a-5200-wine-fridge/AETZHG5F2O7FZ2DEOZNP6WBD6U/

It appears that the only person not putting money into ETNZ ( when they need help), THROUGH SACRIFICING SOME OF THIER MILLIONS, is Dalton himself.

Yip even the poor office cleaner of south Auckland contributes.... Whille Dalton spends up large.

.... Remember...After the SF choke Dalton claimed where broke " help us NZ Govt".. ..while not helping himself.

Then we hear the same bullshit last week where he says I'm selling the event offshore... Thanks for the millions NZ but fuck you!

But hey... His new boat is being build there by a Aussie company... " Fuck NZ builders and supporting the kiwis that bailed his team out for three AC cycles"

But does Dalton care... Nope!... he just folllows the easy money and easily can fuck off back to his london home and wait for the Gullible NZ government to bail out his well financed team again. .  while he pays himself millions.

Someone has a hard on for Dalts lol

• Like 1
Just now, Forourselves said:

Someone has a hard on for Dalts lol

Must be you for defending him...  Cos i don't see you saying much else.

1 minute ago, Team Prada said:

Must be you for defending him...  Cos i don't see you saying much else.

I don't need to. This whole thread is just trolling.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Fuck off troll!

How many miles have you sailed?

How many multi million dollar sponsorship deals have you pulled off?

If Blakey had done the same would you be sticking the knife in and twisting it?

Quoting a nanny herald hatchet job FFS sake!

Take a friggin look at what this countries level of pride in an entire event is -win or lose.

You are a pathetic whiner and a classic tall poppie fuckwit.

Dalton has bought so much to the country and you think he deserves nothing because the taxpayer helped out.?

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

The really rich appreciate people that can make things happen you on the other hand whine about what happened.

Grow a pair !

There I feel better now.

BTW the powercat is not 37 million fuckwit.

Countries level of pride?....  Fuck off....  1000 boats and 250000 viewers....  Out if 5 million....

No body gives a flying fuck about this boring event....

And the horse I'm riding is called navigator....   Enjoy!

6 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

I don't need to. This whole thread is just trolling.

Trolling? I'm fucking serious.

People who use the troll word generally have nothing to offer a debate.

If that's trolling then what was your post...  Or any post?  . ...

I don't waste my time to troll. I put up valid post and let moron's like you past inane dribble aka trolling.

5 minutes ago, Team Prada said:

And the horse I'm riding is called navigator....   Enjoy!

Best you check the gender of your horse because  you’re making a big cunt of yourself.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Best you check the gender of your horse because  you’re making a big cunt of yourself.

Maybe you should....  And while your there check your chromosomes out.

7 minutes ago, Team Prada said:

People who use the troll word generally have nothing to offer a debate.

If that's trolling then what was your post...  Or any post?  . ...

I don't waste my time to troll. I put up valid post and let moron's like you past inane dribble aka trolling.

Valid? Which part? Do you have any idea of the market salary for an AC Team CEO? Especially one who is an AC winner? How many Americas Cups have you won? Thats right... None. You can spout shit all you like because youre jealous of the guys salary or record... but youll never understand or get to where hes at. 

6 minutes ago, Liquid Assett NZ said:

You are just a regular ray of sunshine arent you TP

Dalton runs a great team, its not cheap, its not easy, hes not perfect why do this thread other than to just be a dick ?

Shoe ridge runs the team.

By the way, the Elliot boat you just brought, will need the center board structure and joint checked out.

Looks very suspect from here.

2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Valid? Which part? Do you have any idea of the market salary for an AC Team CEO? Especially one who is an AC winner? How many Americas Cups have you won? Thats right... None. You can spout shit all you like because youre jealous of the guys salary or record... but youll never understand or get to where hes at. 

I'm not jealous, I just feel the guy should not beg poverty, and ask NZ for money, then show that he has not sacrificed a cent for the cause.

Blake bout his own money up to start his challenge...  That's the difference in honor v wanker

Nah, I don't think you can have a shot at the guy for taking a fair paycheck. Given what he has done and achieved, I think you would be hard pressed to find a similar level corp exec on less. NZ has made a ton of bills off of his back.

And I don't particularly like the guy, but I do respect him.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Doot Master Flex said:

Dalts inherited shitload of family money from when his parents died. I'm sure he gets paid well but the majority of his wealth is from his parents.

Good to know.

1 minute ago, Doot Master Flex said:

Dalts inherited shitload of family money from when his parents died. I'm sure he gets paid well but the majority of his wealth is from his parents.

Even more reason to show less greed.

• Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, Team Prada said:

Shoe ridge runs the team.

By the way, the Elliot boat you just brought, will need the center board structure and joint checked out.

Looks very suspect from here.

All been sorted the photo was a while back but good one

See, normal adult conversation. Its good 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Team Prada said:

Even more reason to show less greed.

There aren't that many people in the world who can do his job, as far as I'm concerned he is worth every penny. His ability to find money means around 150 people are employed at ETNZ which is massive for a relatively small industry.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Team Prada said:

What a greedy wanker!

I take it with a name like "Team Prada" you are a LR supporter?

Burling has also worked for Team Brunel so you're wrong on that front. Fuck are you his mortgage broker as well....who's to say he doesn't have a solid ass mortgage like most people his age (I doubt its solid but the point is no one knows). Dalton has brought in millions of dollars into this country and you're having a cry wank over a 3.7M boat. Waa waa waa Boring!

4 minutes ago, d2ba said:

Wonder what Max is making?

I bet he ain’t getting paid in handbags........you are paying for a niche level of expertise, a handful of guys in the world with the cred to do the job.....and Team Prada wouldn’t get a job cleaning the toilets......sad.

9 minutes ago, d2ba said:

More like utterly worthless sock puppet.

So says a true LR supporter.

• Like 3
42 minutes ago, Team Prada said:

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Wonder what Max is making?

I bet he ain’t getting paid in handbags........you are paying for a niche level of expertise, a handful of guys in the world with the cred to do the job.....and Team Prada wouldn’t get a job cleaning the toilets......sad.

They aren't taking government money numb nuts!

21 minutes ago, The Sultan said:

Burling has also worked for Team Brunel so you're wrong on that front. Fuck are you his mortgage broker as well....who's to say he doesn't have a solid ass mortgage like most people his age (I doubt its solid but the point is no one knows). Dalton has brought in millions of dollars into this country and you're having a cry wank over a 3.7M boat. Waa waa waa Boring!

With a 40% deposit he ain't got no mortgage.

25 minutes ago, Doot Master Flex said:

There aren't that many people in the world who can do his job, as far as I'm concerned he is worth every penny. His ability to find money means around 150 people are employed at ETNZ which is massive for a relatively small industry.

The money the government has put in could employ about 4000 people or save countless life's through urgent medical operations.

What about ROI? Don’t bother answering, god you are dumber than a box of rocks.

I bet you suck the life out of every room you walk into.

Lifes too short to waste my time dealing with a naive or ignorant asshole.

Grant is a cunt. Everyone that works for him says privately. He's an old school man with a one eyed way of doing stuff. 

He's wealthy from many projects and family money. 

He's a sports professional playing at the highest level. 

Do you think he should be paid in peanuts? No way. He's not getting hundreds of millions of dollars for each Cup cycle. It's most likely around 3 million a year. Compare that to another high level sportsman and you'll see we got him cheap. 

Go eat a bag of rotten fish you circus animal.

40 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Grant is a cunt. Everyone that works for him says privately. He's an old school man with a one eyed way of doing stuff. 

He's wealthy from many projects and family money. 

He's a sports professional playing at the highest level. 

Do you think he should be paid in peanuts? No way. He's not getting hundreds of millions of dollars for each Cup cycle. It's most likely around 3 million a year. Compare that to another high level sportsman and you'll see we got him cheap. 

Go eat a bag of rotten fish you circus animal.

What don't you moron's not understand about his begging for millions from the NZ government whilst taking big money to. Fail more times than he has won.

If he's that good he would never ask for money ..  

The only point I would agree with is building his cat in China (I think that where McConaghy is based?). 

He should support kiwi boat building. Remember the great yards like Alloy Yachts.

Team Prada,

You claim you are from Sanxexo (West Spain) I know this very nice little harbour, a great place to sail.

Now regarding the scandal you try to built up with your basic disinformations tricks, and as you claim to support the spagetti challenger, let me remind you a few reality about spagettiland and public money spending :

1-When Mario Monti took the driving seat, at the italian gouvernemnt, He started to send the IRS investigators to Saint Tropez in summer or Gstaad in winter, to make pictures of Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Porsches and similars with Italian number-plates

Back at the office, after cross-checking the datas from the cars database and the Income taxes database, most of the drivers were unemployed and some of them collecting benefit for unemployed poors.

2-The same Mario, also cross-checked the Security Social database for blind people getting money for disability, and the driving licence database, and as you know it already, more than 100 000 of italain citizen were blind with a driving licence.

And in conclusion, I d like to remind you a cover page, which demonstrate how Italain can be proud of their elite, as even an orange bastard will only be second to Silvio.

Silvio Berlusconi's record - The man who screwed an entire country | Leaders | The Economist

So when it comes to bash fucking bastards who spoil & steal public money, for sure you are an expert.

Pathetic disinformation attempt from a bessotted redneck,  just like the one who tried to raise an issue about conflict of interests at ETNZ some months ago.

at  Prada they make bags for fashion , but obviously they encourage the douche accessories that fit the bag.

what is it about people who claim to be from Sanxenxo? 

2 hours ago, The Advocate said:

Nah, I don't think you can have a shot at the guy for taking a fair paycheck. Given what he has done and achieved, I think you would be hard pressed to find a similar level corp exec on less. NZ has made a ton of bills off of his back.

And I don't particularly like the guy, but I do respect him.

Completely correct Advocate. Any CEO running a highly technical, high pressure workforce would be on a 'good screw'

I really don't know why we are encouraging this idiot by responding - I'm done here.

1st defence earned NZ economy an estimated $4Bn and Auckland inherited a revitalised waterfront into the bargain which is still be enjoyed by Aucklanders and visitors to this day had COVID not got in the way it is extremely likely there would have been similar returns with AC36.

1 hour ago, Team Prada said:

If you really think the New Zealand National Government and the Auckland City Government have been investing money in a project over a number of cycles without expecting or receiving a decent ROI then you are dumber than even your posts suggest.

Never mind Grant Dalton, you have shown a shitload of disrespect for the agencies running the City & the Country

I'm happy to inform the good people here on SA AC that LR fans are not interested, not even in the slightest (is the expression "don't give a shit" more appropriate?), in Grant Dalton personal businesses and family wealth,  nor in ETNZ funding or political connections. That's none of our business. I'm also happy to learn that politics and business outside Italy are so clean and pure, and I will certainly look for new  moral standards examples abroad :D

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Team Prada said:

With a 40% deposit he ain't got no mortgage.

I know this clown says a lot of stupid shit, but I wonder where he thinks the other 60% comes from? 

And a "multi million dollar " house in Auckland really isnt a big deal, the average house is over a million.  

Team Prada,

After careful consideration, I realized you are perfectly right to worry about public money spending and related corruption in NZ, as it is sure, things can only remain like that or degrade according to a specialized NGO.

2020 - CPI - Transparency.org

Have a look at their Corruption Perception Index at the bottom,

You will see Rwanda is ranked 49, and guess who is 52?

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Team Prada said:

What a greedy wanker!

Didn’t take long for Thetruth’s cock puppet to make an appearance. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Team Prada said:

Dalton is a prize cunt, even on motorbike trackdays he's an asshole. That said being an asshole is not a crime and I have no problem with him making money out of TNZ but I DO have a problem with NZ subsidising his playboy lifestyle while hes got his hand out. As fucking usual, socialism for the rich and capitalism for the poor.  Please LR take that poisoned chalice away from of our fair islands and back to the rotten and corrupt house of  Prada with all its ill begotten money and power in Europe.

Dalton isnt corrupt, hes just good at selling the idea that Team NZ is actually Team NZ. He didnt start the con, that started way back. Dalton just picked up the baton and ran a bit further with it.

• Like 2

From my perspective in the UK. New Zealand gave away their Golden Ticket, the America's Cup in 2003, because Sir Peter decided to move on, as was his right to do so. In disarray they offered a totally unacceptable deal to Russell Coutts. There is no way anyone would take on undisclosed debts. Dalts was always the natural successor to Sir Peter, and He's done what no one else in 170 years has done. Won, not defended, but won the Auld Mug for the 2 time for the RNZYS.

New Zealand and Auckland have lost that "Golden Ticket" once, do they really want to give it away again? FFS get a grip.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, The Advocate said:

Oh really, good to know.

Useless cunt as thetruth.

Useless cunt as baconator.

Useless cunt as team prada.

Useless cunt of a human.

• Like 2
12 hours ago, laser 173312 said:

From my perspective in the UK. New Zealand gave away their Golden Ticket, the America's Cup in 2003, because Sir Peter decided to move on, as was his right to do so. In disarray they offered a totally unacceptable deal to Russell Coutts. There is no way anyone would take on undisclosed debts. Dalts was always the natural successor to Sir Peter, and He's done what no one else in 170 years has done. Won, not defended, but won the Auld Mug for the 2 time for the RNZYS.

New Zealand and Auckland have lost that "Golden Ticket" once, do they really want to give it away again? FFS get a grip.

obviously the funding for ETNZ is more sensible than the other teams from a commercial interest.

It's a big operation, and there's a lot of skill required from a CEO here. and (he has to shed a tear every time some wanker on the web calls him a greedy cunt too). He can have his superyacht, just maybe this was the wrong time to announce it (last month, admittedly)

Not sure what the bill for NZ inc. is, but they are getting massive returns from this show. You can't buy the goodwill this event is doing for them as a country.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, basketcase said:

Useless cunt as thetruth.

Useless cunt as baconator.

Useless cunt as team prada.

Useless cunt of a human.

Copy that, cheers.

Have been on sabbatical.

17 hours ago, Erwankerauzen said:

Team Prada,

After careful consideration, I realized you are perfectly right to worry about public money spending and related corruption in NZ, as it is sure, things can only remain like that or degrade according to a specialized NGO.

2020 - CPI - Transparency.org

Have a look at their Corruption Perception Index at the bottom,

You will see Rwanda is ranked 49, and guess who is 52?

That list is not reliable, Spain appears at 32 and I'm pretty sure we are far worse that Rwanda...

• Like 2

Massive news. CEO & employees of company get paid market rates. Actually quite a bit under market rates. Do you think Dalton, Burling, Ashby, Berlusconi et al could not get much more money from Ratcliffe or DeVos? ETNZ are a sports marketing company. Most of the public money has been put in for commercial return. In this Covid affected time some of that has not returned what was planned. Just like millions of businessess world wide. Much of the cash that was " given to ETNZ" went to fund infrastructure for the event, most of which will serve Auckland well after the cup us gone. A large chunk of cash went to clean up the tank farm and Auckland council has sold it as America's Cup spend when it is no such thing. Pure politics & bullshit

• Like 6
20 hours ago, kenergy said:

I know this clown says a lot of stupid shit, but I wonder where he thinks the other 60% comes from? 

And a "multi million dollar " house in Auckland really isnt a big deal, the average house is over a million.  

It's only kiwi $$ anyway. Probably paid cash

On 3/15/2021 at 7:58 AM, kiwin said:

Massive news. CEO & employees of company get paid market rates. Actually quite a bit under market rates. Do you think Dalton, Burling, Ashby, Berlusconi et al could not get much more money from Ratcliffe or DeVos? ETNZ are a sports marketing company. Most of the public money has been put in for commercial return. In this Covid affected time some of that has not returned what was planned. Just like millions of businessess world wide. Much of the cash that was " given to ETNZ" went to fund infrastructure for the event, most of which will serve Auckland well after the cup us gone. A large chunk of cash went to clean up the tank farm and Auckland council has sold it as America's Cup spend when it is no such thing. Pure politics & bullshit

That's just it. 

Although counter-intuitive, economists will tell you that the wealthiest active player in the NBA, Lebron James, is also the most underpaid. Why? Because of the deflationary effects on player salaries that exist to keep the league competitive. If Lebron’s salary were determined solely by a) the $$ value that he brought to his team, and b) the extent to which he can be replaced by someone else to bring in the same value, his salaried earnings would be in the stratosphere. And I’d wager that every team that has given him a pay cheque has benefitted from some kind of public subsidy or tax break for arena construction and maintenance.

The same is true for the AC. There are deflationary effects on AC sailors’ and managers’ salaries. There is less than a handful of potential employers. There is a more than notional nationality requirement. And beyond requirement, there is a strong sense of national pride that Brits, Americans, Italians, and Kiwis certainly feel about competing under their own flag. All of this limits their bargaining power.

Because of these deflationary effects, GD is not paid solely according to the $$ value that he brings in. Sure, he can walk and join another team, but that most certainly comes with a huge legacy cost. As others have pointed out, the salary of a CEO of a major corporation is not subject to the same limitations.

I don’t have a dog in this fight and don’t really care, but what someone is “worth” or deserving of is not determined by whether there is a public contribution, at least not in the world of professional sports. And it obviously has nothing to do with how they spend their money.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Will_Co said:

That's just it. 

Although counter-intuitive, economists will tell you that the wealthiest active player in the NBA, Lebron James, is also the most underpaid. Why? Because of the deflationary effects on player salaries that exist to keep the league competitive. If Lebron’s salary were determined solely by a) the $$ value that he brought to his team, and b) the extent to which he can be replaced by someone else to bring in the same value, his salaried earnings would be in the stratosphere. And I’d wager that every team that has given him a pay cheque has benefitted from some kind of public subsidy or tax break for arena construction and maintenance.

The same is true for the AC. There are deflationary effects on AC sailors’ and managers’ salaries. There is less than a handful of potential employers. There is a more than notional nationality requirement. And beyond requirement, there is a strong sense of national pride that Brits, Americans, Italians, and Kiwis certainly feel about competing under their own flag. All of this limits their bargaining power.

Because of these deflationary effects, GD is not paid solely according to the $$ value that he brings in. Sure, he can walk and join another team, but that most certainly comes with a huge legacy cost. As others have pointed out, the salary of a CEO of a major corporation is not subject to the same limitations.

I don’t have a dog in this fight and don’t really care, but what someone is “worth” or deserving of is not determined by whether there is a public contribution, at least not in the world of professional sports. And it obviously has nothing to do with how they spend their money.

He took on the pressure and risk and has been a winner so good on him. My only issue is when they "sell out" like Coutts and Butterbean 

when it comes to ceo's and boards i find it hard to find even one i think can justify the package they award themselves

that is what has happened since the monkeys started to run the zoo's

why bother picking on dalton .. sure he is a selfish greedy fuk .. but name one that isn't

at least he is relatively competent .. which puts him streets ahead of most i have met

• Like 4

Whatever the industry you are looking at, everywhere the same old adage would apply:

If you give peanuts, you have monkeys .

Sorry Team Prada if it upsets you, but I have been told all the team at ETNZ will get an extra-bonus for the Cup.

Not sure if it is public money, I feel confident you  will check.

OP is obviously overwrought, but ultimately this is always going to be a legitimate area of discussion when you have a team that wants to operate as a private entity but also press the government for public money and position themselves as a national team.

ETNZ absolutely plays in that grey area and suits their message and how they present themselves based on whether they need money or the freedom to operate as a private company separate from national interest. They open themselves up to people being resentful when they play that game.

It'd be a lot better for all involved if ETNZ were to find alternate funding sources, and for any government money to go only to a more independent event authority. Having Dalts be the CEO of both is just bad optics from a competitive standpoint and in terms of government funding.

• Like 2

I hope one day the Cup goes to a Club in a place that has more money than NZ. Nothing against NZ per se, but their winning means another cycle of money whining. And now the threat of a LE/RC style shopping the venue to high bidders?  Gawd. Next they will want to make it financially sustainable. 

;)

8 hours ago, Erwankerauzen said:

Whatever the industry you are looking at, everywhere the same old adage would apply:

If you give peanuts, you have monkeys .

Sorry Team Prada if it upsets you, but I have been told all the team at ETNZ will get an extra-bonus for the Cup.

Not sure if it is public money, I feel confident you  will check.

You think Prada didn't pay their team well? That's laughable.

What's even more laughable is the thought that the likes of Jimmy would take the foot off the pedal even one tiny bit because of the lack of some fucking bonus.

You have got zero idea about what motivates people to perform.

Go buy this book. Come back when you've read it at least 3 times. If you still feel the same, get a lobotomy.

https://www.amazon.com/Peopleware-Productive-Projects-Tom-DeMarco/dp/0932633439

6 hours ago, idontwan2know said:

OP is obviously overwrought, but ultimately this is always going to be a legitimate area of discussion when you have a team that wants to operate as a private entity but also press the government for public money and position themselves as a national team.

ETNZ absolutely plays in that grey area and suits their message and how they present themselves based on whether they need money or the freedom to operate as a private company separate from national interest. They open themselves up to people being resentful when they play that game.

It'd be a lot better for all involved if ETNZ were to find alternate funding sources, and for any government money to go only to a more independent event authority. Having Dalts be the CEO of both is just bad optics from a competitive standpoint and in terms of government funding.

I agree with your take. I can't help but wonder though that to get public money they had to open the books. If they didn't I would be quite shocked.

I guess ETNZ could fund part, if not all, of its next campaign by licencing most (not necessarily all) of its intellectual property to potential challengers, (control systems, design and simulation tools, etc). That would not only possibly inhibit personnel poaching but also preempt success bred complacency. Does it make sense?

32 minutes ago, The Advocate said:

I agree with your take. I can't help but wonder though that to get public money they had to open the books. If they didn't I would be quite shocked.

Maybe that's why Steven Tindall appeared to favour TNZ continuing to operate as a stand alone entity without accepting being accountable for the money the Government is offering.

On 3/14/2021 at 9:40 PM, Team Prada said:

If the citizens of NZ are happy for the Govt to sponsors ETNZ then why are you worried about. If I had my way I’d give them more.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, mauriciogfj said:

I guess ETNZ could fund part, if not all, of its next campaign by licencing most (not necessarily all) of its intellectual property to potential challengers, (control systems, design and simulation tools, etc). That would not only possibly inhibit personnel poaching but also preempt success bred complacency. Does it make sense?

In monetising the knowledge, you cede some competitive advantage. I do share your view that there's an awful lot of valuable expertise at ETNZ than can be commercialised beyond Americas Cup to fund an independent financial future. I suspect that McKinsey will open doors in this regard.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I hope one day the Cup goes to a Club in a place that has more money than NZ.

Been there, done that - Switzerland.

2 hours ago, mauriciogfj said:

Sure it makes sense. But it likely also increases the chance of an unsuccessful Defence, no?

Good luck to him if he can make the big $$$. This is an elite sport, always has been. It's the playground for the rich and famous. Why stop at Dalton? What about Ainslie what do you think he's getting paid? And a SIR to boot. Grant has been good for the team, without his "CUNT" as you say would Team NZ be the team they are today? What about Coutts.? In the game of CEO's the best get the big bucks.! It's always been that way. Dalton has to perform and get the results and you don't always achieve that by being Mr Nice Guy.! 

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Sure it makes sense. But it likely also increases the chance of an unsuccessful Defence, no?

Sure it would. Perhaps the critical aspect would be to choose what piece of knowledge or process is unique and should be held onto. On the other hand if don't monetise it now you risk losing it for free by having people walk away after greener pastures or pockets. I dare say though that what makes ETNZ uniquely successful  is not one particular piece of knowledge or a given person, but how this complex assembly  has been put together and made effective. I wonder how much of the Prada success in the current edition is rooted in Max Sirena experience within ETNZ in the previous cup.
On top of it the team still has control over the class rule and may massage it in a convenient direction.

• Like 1

I am sure Sirenas  experience with ETNZ helped. I also think that Bertelli not attending in NZ was a total bonus.

1 minute ago, kiwin said:

I am sure Sirenas  experience with ETNZ helped. I also think that Bertelli not attending in NZ was a total bonus.

Good point, 18000 km is a safe distance to keep from your boss.
data=mlzjXtISnPg0avKDVOTh4D2vRq_ifnPaAzrSniAnjS5uYPSjWTMeAoPzdfI4TuiprPCpYscPYpY1XeZqm5sNV65Odvrh2wPmktNLejWQ0-IQX2vO3gNsyM-ktwxAdg0CLaw3vzns8qmbLhZC1IEjBrEA2tc4p4CGOV-0yk8E_hBwMCZNNeaQdfFEbS-nOFPnxB8U-RL5iEHbU4dk8KtBmzjyktEKHV_mvgb2BPO5sNV3PQXT8QLy-8eeoqLdUcFlv_VUKGBTdZSvPC9M8pbNfu2iwII7Rq9LC6BIjsZr0i4e7vOoG1P6XOigyb0rnT4

10 minutes ago, kiwin said:

Though some bosses....

I guess my point applies more to owners than to bosses. Bertelli was  a good owner (18000 km away) Sirena and Dalton were good bosses (in loco).

14 hours ago, jaysper said:

You think Prada didn't pay their team well? That's laughable.

What's even more laughable is the thought that the likes of Jimmy would take the foot off the pedal even one tiny bit because of the lack of some fucking bonus.

You have got zero idea about what motivates people to perform.

Go buy this book. Come back when you've read it at least 3 times. If you still feel the same, get a lobotomy.

https://www.amazon.com/Peopleware-Productive-Projects-Tom-DeMarco/dp/0932633439

You misunderstand me, I am not talking about Prada paycheck, but answering the jealous whiner who complains because ETNZ staff get good money.

NZ government, don't want monkeys as defenders, so they understand a decent reward is necessary to attract and keep talents.

But I am sure some of them declined bigger pay bill propositions from other teams.

8 hours ago, mauriciogfj said:

I dare say though that what makes ETNZ uniquely successful  is not one particular piece of knowledge or a given person, but how this complex assembly  has been put together and made effective.

Mauricio provides us with a good explanation, the guys feel confortable and are happy to work at ETNZ even if they make less money than with other alternatives.

They are not mercenaries, just great and talentuous professionnals.

15 hours ago, Erwankerauzen said:

You misunderstand me, I am not talking about Prada paycheck, but answering the jealous whiner who complains because ETNZ staff get good money.

NZ government, don't want monkeys as defenders, so they understand a decent reward is necessary to attract and keep talents.

But I am sure some of them declined bigger pay bill propositions from other teams.

Mauricio provides us with a good explanation, the guys feel confortable and are happy to work at ETNZ even if they make less money than with other alternatives.

Good thing, as the sailors now have no choice. Stick with NZ or piss off to the wild woods of no job while Dalts has his mitts on the chalice.

On 3/19/2021 at 6:51 AM, Priscilla said:

Maybe that's why Steven Tindall appeared to favour TNZ continuing to operate as a stand alone entity without accepting being accountable for the money the Government is offering.

Undoubtedly, but a Gov't that can give money to a private entity without any transparency is really a dictatorship in my book.

16 hours ago, Erwankerauzen said:

Could they also choose to stay because they believe ETNZ offers them the best chance of success - a result of the reasons for success put forward above?

• Like 1
On 3/14/2021 at 11:23 PM, Erwankerauzen said:

Team Prada,

You claim you are from Sanxexo (West Spain) I know this very nice little harbour, a great place to sail.

Now regarding the scandal you try to built up with your basic disinformations tricks, and as you claim to support the spagetti challenger, let me remind you a few reality about spagettiland and public money spending :

1-When Mario Monti took the driving seat, at the italian gouvernemnt, He started to send the IRS investigators to Saint Tropez in summer or Gstaad in winter, to make pictures of Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Porsches and similars with Italian number-plates

Back at the office, after cross-checking the datas from the cars database and the Income taxes database, most of the drivers were unemployed and some of them collecting benefit for unemployed poors.

2-The same Mario, also cross-checked the Security Social database for blind people getting money for disability, and the driving licence database, and as you know it already, more than 100 000 of italain citizen were blind with a driving licence.

And in conclusion, I d like to remind you a cover page, which demonstrate how Italain can be proud of their elite, as even an orange bastard will only be second to Silvio.

Silvio Berlusconi's record - The man who screwed an entire country | Leaders | The Economist

So when it comes to bash fucking bastards who spoil & steal public money, for sure you are an expert.

Pathetic disinformation attempt from a bessotted redneck,  just like the one who tried to raise an issue about conflict of interests at ETNZ some months ago.

at  Prada they make bags for fashion , but obviously they encourage the douche accessories that fit the bag.

interesting comment thanks, I read an article years ago about Silvio with his corruption and tricks, his media savvy and those girls wrecked italy with a kind of lingering rot. Also his bunga bunga parties and web of sordid kompromat influence. He hollowed out the public service and replaced good people with idiots. Hopefully you are on the mend.