New brokerage listing with a new broker.

This one did a professional photo shoot and the guy brought a drone.

I thought the pictures came out pretty nice. The listing link is in my signature, lest it look directly like pimping in a thread I won’t put it in the body of this post. I just wanted to share some pretty pictures.

We had some good breeze that day, we hit 10 through the water on a close reach with no effort.

image.jpeg.d832f0f7011660826e34404f19751f28.jpeg

image.jpeg.024955c99e7f812a263f4bd66777cead.jpeg

image.jpeg.7645724cc3c2008538c6faaa01729d13.jpeg

image.jpeg.ca620cfbba8e856e5dba2d59c7f8f9d0.jpeg

• Like 14

BJ,

Looks like you have in-mast furling/reefing?

After your considerable experience, care to give a verdict on its desirability? Any insight as to why HRs seem to sell a lot of boats with it?  Would you have it again? Any scary jams?

To me it seems to solve so many handling problems and greatly reduces complexity of running rigging. 

Thats a nice boat.

Thanks,

Eddie

On 3/15/2021 at 3:03 PM, Mid said:

what'd I miss , thought she was sold ?

On 3/16/2021 at 6:01 AM, alphafb552 said:

Same here, deal fell through?

Deal fell through, yes.

• Like 1
On 3/16/2021 at 7:02 AM, ChuteFirst said:

BJ,

Looks like you have in-mast furling/reefing?

After your considerable experience, care to give a verdict on its desirability? Any insight as to why HRs seem to sell a lot of boats with it?  Would you have it again? Any scary jams?

To me it seems to solve so many handling problems and greatly reduces complexity of running rigging. 

Thats a nice boat.

Thanks,

Eddie

Pretty much every failure/jam/issue we've ever had with the main furling can be attributed to operator error. Even the halyard swivel failure we had in Panama in 2014 can be directly attributed to the fact that I am an idiot who didn't service it properly before we left.

You need to take care how you put it away, else you might get jamups. Older softer sails jam more than new ones. But once you get the handle on what you need to do vis-a-vis boom position, vang/sheet tension, backstay, etc. furling in and out is a pretty predictable and reliable process.

It's really nice, you can set, reef, and douse without leaving the cockpit.

The biggest downside is the loss of a roach. The main that came with the boat was baked, but it was also had an un-battened, hollow leech which was kind of sucky. When we replaced it, we added vertical battens which at least gave us a more proper sail, even if we couldn't get any extra on the leech it was better than unbattened. The vertical battens don't mess with furling as far as we can see, though we liked the battens on our old Quantum crosscut Hydranet sail better than the new ones on the Hood radial Hydranet main. They were smaller, thinner, and didn't have batten tips on them. But we haven't had any problems with the new ones, they just look like they'd be more of a hassle.

7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:
On 3/15/2021 at 3:03 PM, Mid said:

what'd I miss , thought she was sold ?

On 3/16/2021 at 6:01 AM, alphafb552 said:

Same here, deal fell through?

Deal fell through, yes.

The specifics of a deal going south are too sensitive to be fodder for the libelous fucknuts who still stalk me, I don't want their lies boomeranging back on me with a future buyer. They've already tried several times on this.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

The specifics of a deal going south are too sensitive to be fodder for the libelous fucknuts who still stalk me, I don't want their lies boomeranging back on me with a future buyer. They've already tried several times on this.

I generally like the very lax moderation of SA ... but the vicious stalking of BJ is too much, and deserves the use of the banhammer.

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Fair enough BJ, good luck next time round!

Seems like a sad and woeful fucknut troglodyte frivolously claiming other posters are being libelous without any substantiation could theoretically be called....wait for it.....libelous. 
How unseemly!  And very Trumplike to boot. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 7:36 AM, Cristoforo said:

Seems like a sad and woeful fucknut troglodyte frivolously claiming other posters are being libelous without any substantiation could theoretically be called....wait for it.....libelous. 
How unseemly!  And very Trumplike to boot. 

Very predictable, and validates BJP's concerns.  Can you comprehend that the rest of us don't give a shit about your petty sniping?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Very predictable, and validates BJP's concerns.  Can you comprehend that the rest of us don't give a shit about your petty sniping?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks...