What happened to the thread on Gavin facing a ban? Did the new Forum eat it? Something more nefarious? Gavin hired Russian Bots to attack the SA Servers?

Now a new story on the FP (wherever that is). Seems like the full story has yet to be written. I for one wanna see the DIO report. david.graham@sailing.org should release it

24 minutes ago, Monkey said:

If I had to guess, the charming individual who started the thread got flicked. 

He's still lurking around, on sock ID #4 I think.

16 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

Hmmmm - who'd want to be a measurer ... ?

It's an honest days work normally, but pretty lucrative if you have a flexible tape I reckon!

19 hours ago, notallthere said:

It's an honest days work normally, but pretty lucrative if you have a flexible tape I reckon!

...and probably a bit more challenging than usual when the other end of the tape is 40 metres away.  I guess you could ask the person at the other end to live stream video to show you where the other end of the tape is.

I ran into "The Truth" last night in AKL during the AC aftermath of the AC. Tells me he was flicked but as he said "flicked for telling the truth, couldn't give a fuck". The result of the civil case against Gavin is imminent but only for $1.3 mill so shouldn't be too much of a problem for Karl. Sad way to see Karl end such a long successful Beau Geste campaign as a cheat........

The result of the civil case is likely to go Gavin's way.  There is a lot of evidence that WS did not even consider which shows exactly what happened and when it happened.

2 hours ago, trt131 said:

The result of the civil case is likely to go Gavin's way.  There is a lot of evidence that WS did not even consider which shows exactly what happened and when it happened.

I guess you know the judge or a Brady employee. World Sailing was pretty clear. Where is the MOD these days?

On 3/18/2021 at 4:08 AM, veritas said:

I ran into "The Truth" last night in AKL during the AC aftermath of the AC. 

You ran into yourself?  That’s impressive. 

6 hours ago, SCANAS said:

I think Gavin would be happy to see this in a legitimate court. 

Kinda doubt that if the DIO Report was public or at least allowed as evidence... Why won't World Sailing release at least the summary? Because Gavin and Karl are threatening a lawsuit on WS if they make the report public. What's the old saying, "If you are not guilty than why hide the facts?" It is a mockery of our sport that people can cheat and then use threats to keep from getting the light shown on them. 

I am sure there was no cheating involved and if all the evidence was published you would see that, not just listen to the ravings of a disgruntled former crew members.  Thats the "truth"

45 minutes ago, trt131 said:

I am sure there was no cheating involved and if all the evidence was published you would see that, not just listen to the ravings of a disgruntled former crew members.  Thats the "truth"

Well, if an anonymous person on SA is sure there was no cheating then that's good enough for me! 

Or you can look at facts and read the independent investigators report if world sailing ever releases it so you can draw your own conclusions. 

13 hours ago, notallthere said:

Kinda doubt that if the DIO Report was public or at least allowed as evidence... Why won't World Sailing release at least the summary? Because Gavin and Karl are threatening a lawsuit on WS if they make the report public. What's the old saying, "If you are not guilty than why hide the facts?" It is a mockery of our sport that people can cheat and then use threats to keep from getting the light shown on them. 

Because it could be all be bullshit & any parts that have truth would be very hard to pin on one person. Just my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, SCANAS said:

Because it could be all be bullshit & any parts that have truth would be very hard to pin on one person. Just my opinion. 

It's my understanding the DIOs report names more than one person. That's why the WS decision from Dec names "Brady and others"

I am sure there was no cheating involved and if all the evidence was published you would see that

I've got this bridge I'd like to offer you first before I put it on the open market.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, solosailor said:

I've got this bridge I'd like to offer you first before I put it on the open market.

I doubt the check would clear. Veritas is just The Truth Mark two. Basically a washed up pro sailer in search of love. 

On 3/20/2021 at 12:03 PM, trt131 said:

Gee Jac is your daughter a civil litigation expert after one year at Uni? I guess WS got it all wrong after a year long investigation and making the ridiculous statement of saying he would have been charged if the protest was submitted in time. Clearly he is innocent and it is all a vendetta by WS. I am sure that the submission's filed on the 23rd of December, 2020 are all fabrications as well........

On 3/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, mad said:

He's still lurking around, on sock ID #4 I think.

Only ever had one. At least I used a word meaning exactly the same thing or did you not figure that out?