The AC 37 has started, news and rumours

Just now, Kate short for Bob said:

So Stinger cough up.  Who is sending you these links?  Who are you working for?

I saw the link posted today under News at Kiwi Home Defence – America's Cup – Race it here

Stop with the silly suggestions about me being involved in anything, any of these players could squash me like a bug! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Hamish Ross and the Discrimination Issue: This will be long, pedantic, and legal.  I apologize for the length; read at your own risk. Hamish Ross has recently claimed on multiple occasion

I’m not calling this out for the sake of ostracizing you, nor to play PC police on a forum that is notorious for the opposite of that. I could just hit ignore, delete or whatever. I’m calling this out

I think it's time we put 4 out of misery: as any European knows there is one clear test of whether your country is in Europe: does it take part in the Eurovision song contest. Which is why as everyone

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Stingray~ said:

I saw the link posted today under News at Kiwi Home Defence – America's Cup – Race it here

Stop with the silly suggestions about me being involved in anything, any of these players could squash me like a bug! 

Not so sure about that Stingers.  You seem to play a dedicated game with one focus.  You are either very bored or are working for someone.

• Downvote 1
18 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

ffs is GD incapable of making/taking a call and it all has to be done by the written media?

grow the fuck up.

Dunphy started his whole charade in the media when he publicly called for Daltons resignation. Since then, it’s been all GD. It’s called beating your opponent at their own game. Dunphy thought he could exert enough pressure on the team in a small timeframe that they’d fire Dalton. He failed. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it. 

35 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Whatever! :) Did you find the fucking link? Piss off!

A.  I don't go searching for those links;

B.  I'm not motivated by some nefarious reason to post them.

Stingers you did this during the AC campaign with your incessant posting of links from all sorts of sources regarding M & C, supposedly corporate malfeasance and ETNZ ripping off the taxpayer.

Now you either have a lot of spare time on your hands or you are driven by self interest and some form of gain.

So who are the motivators behind you?  The same ones that Dalton refers to?

5 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

A.  I don't go searching for those links;

B.  I'm not motivated by some nefarious reason to post them.

Stingers you did this during the AC campaign with your incessant posting of links from all sorts of sources regarding M & C, supposedly corporate malfeasance and ETNZ ripping off the taxpayer.

Now you either have a lot of spare time on your hands or you are driven by self interest and some form of gain.

So who are the motivators behind you?  The same ones that Dalton refers to?

Hahaha, a funny joke among these bleak posts, thanks.

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Dunphy started his whole charade in the media when he publicly called for Daltons resignation. Since then, it’s been all GD. It’s called beating your opponent at their own game. Dunphy thought he could exert enough pressure on the team in a small timeframe that they’d fire Dalton. He failed. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it. 

GD's brought this all on himself by being weak and failing to raise enough money. It's definitely making the off season more interesting watching him try to save his ass.

44 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Nope, look at the dates of the press releases by TNZ, they called him a scam first up, then he wanted GD to fuck off. 

you can’t the write the time line when it’s on the TNZ home page.. 

13 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

GD's brought this all on himself by being weak and failing to raise enough money. It's definitely making the off season more interesting watching him try to save his ass.

Let me know when you say that to Dalt's face.  How many arseholes do you have because he'll rip you another one?!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Let me know when you say that to Dalt's face.  How many arseholes do you have because he'll rip you another one?!

They old "say it to his face". I liked the "you must be working for someone" thing up the page. Need to throw in an "I know you are, but what am I" to complete the hat trick you fucking fag.

6 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

All good - Stingers provides such great material to work with.

Oh, BTW, I'm also working for someone. It's better than being jobless. It might not be as good as being self-employed, but the money is good and vacation long.
It there anything wrong with working for someone?

2 hours ago, Kate short for Bob said:

So Stinger cough up.  Who is sending you these links?  Who are you working for?

Yeah. I mean if you keep posting links Stingray, there is always the possibility that one might contain a fact or two to interfere with our wild speculation; blind zealotry or stupid ramblings (delete as applicable for each SA poster)

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

Well if you are Dunphy or Stinger it might help determine their motivation if you know who is standing behind them teasing them with baubles.

Yes, I am a keen follower of AC (and other) events, have been for years. Being for the most part well-informed (because I do read and often post) so much AC news and AC opinion links, well .. it does count for something as opposed to being just some ignoramus.. Rennie and a few others here know me personally, they can vouch for the fact that nobody pays for my take on things. Truth be told, I recently retired early from a great job (completely unrelated to anything AC) and am perfectly happy :)

Instead of shooting the messenger (me, or better yet Dunphy or GD and Farmer or who the real players are), maybe try rebut any of what Sir Jim Farmer posted? It is one of the more remarkable pieces posted recently in my (yes, reasonably well-read and so reasonably well-informed) opinion.

America's Cup - Just Do It and Positivity (jamesfarmerqc.co.nz)

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Using and quoting Magnus qualifies him as well read and well informed? 
holy shit…. 

Okay, ignore the MW references then. There's a fair amount in that piece and the guy is a former (10 year!) TNZ Director, would you consider his take on things as at all 'uninformed'?  Pure speculation here but his take (on GD's take..) on 'governance' suggests he may well be one of the donors preferring to see GD remove one or two of his 3 crowns.

32 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

He twice makes references to what appears to be by ETNZ an attempt to get 'more than they need.' Here's the second one (my bold) he points to, and it's not MW saying it. Leaving the question: Who would pocket all the extra? What is the real point underlying this Trusteeship? Why chase some mirage of hot gold in the desert?

To similar effect in the latest edition of Seahorse, the magazine of the Royal Ocean Racing Club, in his regular column, Rod Davis (former Team New Zealand skipper and coach and Olympic Gold Medal Winner) interprets Dalton’s assertion that Team NZ and the America’s Cup are a business “and we will treat it that way” as meaning that it’s not what Team NZ needs but what it can get.  A business?   Rod doesn’t hold back:  “REALLY boys!!  When the New Zealand government sinks hundreds of millions of dollars into your challenges and defences and bends the rules to allow America’s Cup teams and their families into the country in the middle of a world pandemic.”  But then, he says, “maybe it is just a business decision. Nothing personal New Zealand, just business – you can watch it on pay TV.  That is the new shape of the America’s Cup.  Just doesn’t feel right to this Old Boy.”

@Kate short for Bob

WOW, I am stunned! So Dunphys phony AC37 Bid was all about gauging support whether they could make an approach to the NYYC for the Americans to take a case to the New York Supreme Court to replace the Royal Yacht Squadron as Challenger of Record!

52 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

He twice makes references to what appears to be by ETNZ an attempt to get 'more than they need.' Here's the second one (my bold) he points to, and it's not MW saying it. Leaving the question: Who would pocket all the extra? What is the real point underlying this Trusteeship? Why chase some mirage of hot gold in the desert?

To similar effect in the latest edition of Seahorse, the magazine of the Royal Ocean Racing Club, in his regular column, Rod Davis (former Team New Zealand skipper and coach and Olympic Gold Medal Winner) interprets Dalton’s assertion that Team NZ and the America’s Cup are a business “and we will treat it that way” as meaning that it’s not what Team NZ needs but what it can get.  A business?   Rod doesn’t hold back:  “REALLY boys!!  When the New Zealand government sinks hundreds of millions of dollars into your challenges and defences and bends the rules to allow America’s Cup teams and their families into the country in the middle of a world pandemic.”  But then, he says, “maybe it is just a business decision. Nothing personal New Zealand, just business – you can watch it on pay TV.  That is the new shape of the America’s Cup.  Just doesn’t feel right to this Old Boy.”

Farmer has made it clear what he wants.  He wants to wind the clock back and promotes Volvo 70's.  

1 minute ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Leave Larry out. Dunphy purposefully dragged Larry probably into this.

That guy Dunphy has really no shame!!!

Agreed...there is no way Larry or Russell Coutts took a call from Dunphy.  They are removed from the AC and focused solely on SailGP.

Does anybody know how focused Larry actually is on SGP?  His accountant sends money but who knows how engaged he is? Guy has a lot of cycles.

5 minutes ago, Chobani Sailor said:

Agreed...there is no way Larry or Russell Coutts took a call from Dunphy.  They are removed from the AC and focused solely on SailGP.

6 minutes ago, Chobani Sailor said:

If this so-called AC Home Defence Bid by Dunphy was really all about gauging support whether he can drag this into Court via the NYYC to replace the agreed CoR by the RNZYS then I say SHAME ON HIM!

Thank God NYYC already rejected this Idea!

I am now fully onboard Cork getting it. Would be a good spectacle over there. I really hope Irish Government is reconsidering and stop getting in the way of the Cup!

Nobody is dragging LE or RC into any of this, the allegation is QAnon-level bullshit conspiracy-theory. GD is all good with SGP and RC supports the AC too. The supposed potential NYSC court case surrounding the RYS entry would have f-all to do with them either. 

TNZ has a history of taking assistance from both EB and PB. If that is what is going on, maybe to try to get the ball f'ing rolling for Auckland, well the suspicion and apparent subterfuge being alleged by GD seems completely unnecessary. Just call and ask for the damn (I am f'ing dying here) help! Geez..

If it is about (as MW has speculated) somehow getting the 'secret sauce' Te Ruhutai design package, well then put that old thing up for sale too - to anyone like they did with the first-gen design last time.

Just now, Kate short for Bob said:

Bit rich coming from you considering you bought into the M&C conspiracy so readily.

M&C was all over the fucking news, you think that I somehow made that up? :D

The takeaway from all that was that GD should not have been wearing the crowns of both ETNZ and ACE, especially given the way MBIE event-run money got siphoned off to ETNZ instead. Did I have anything to do with that? :D

3 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

The takeaway from all that was that GD should not have been wearing the crowns of both ETNZ and ACE, especially given the way MBIE event-run money got siphoned off to ETNZ instead. Did I have anything to do with that? :D

But that wasn't the case as the audit proved.  But don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy or your sponsored agenda.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Truth be told, I recently retired early from a great job (completely unrelated to anything AC) and am perfectly happy :)

Good on you….I’ve retired early due to health reasons. I’d prefer to work, but there are some nice aspects, such as not having to drag oneself out of bed and going to work. 

6 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

But that wasn't the case as the audit proved.  But don't let the facts get in the way of your conspiracy or your sponsored agenda.

I am getting tired of Spinrays Spin Tries tbh!

36 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Good on you….I’ve retired early due to health reasons. I’d prefer to work, but there are some nice aspects, such as not having to drag oneself out of bed and going to work. 

My job (and 800 more) got outsourced to Dell Computers. They made me a good offer but my company was a better one to retire from and I was within 2 years of when I wanted to retire anyway. The combination of layoff + retirement deal from them means I see no real change, financially. 

Sorry about your reasons but yes, we are likely facing similar/typical changes. I plan to travel a bunch while I am young and healthy, maybe move out of the Seattle metro too, to a more tranquil area in or near the San Juan Islands with Puget Sound views, maybe even buy a smallish yacht that could be single-handed at times. Until my fly-out to Italy for 6 weeks then Maui later this year, am pretty f'ing bored :D Big change.. yikes. @Basiliscus took a good path, I admire his choice.

LE, PB, and EB don't relish the idea of taking on and trying to beat an intact ETNZ on the water, so they're trying to weaken the team. What better way to do that than by buying the team, and making sure they cripple the funding and don't win it. Trying to ouster Dalts gave the game away. Dunphy's a clown, and I'm glad GD is giving him the finger - politely, but really telling him to fuck the hell off with his bullshit.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kate short for Bob said:

The reality is that stingers is purely a useful fool for some who choose to feed him bullshit knowing he'll burp it up over and over again.

He's the final recipient in the scuttlebut human centipede, being fed by TE, who's being fed by... 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

The reality is that stingers is purely a useful fool for some who choose to feed him bullshit knowing he'll burp it up over and over again.

He's the final recipient in the scuttlebut human centipede, being fed by TE, who's being fed by... 

Stop being silly. Yes I like TE (and many other people) but you folks need to consider the real players - none of whom involve me! 

If you follow closely enough you can make reasonably good guesses about who-all wants what, what their motivations are, etc. I do hold back but some of it should be just obvious.

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Stop being silly. Yes I like TE (and many other people) but you folks need to consider the real players - none of whom involve me! 

If you follow closely enough you can make reasonably good guesses about who-all wants what, what their motivations are, etc. I do hold back but some of it should be just obvious.

Nah you are right you ain't a real player, but you totally failed to spot the obvious dubiousness of Dunphy that was starkly apparent straight out of the gate by anyone with half a brain.

Even with repeated hints you still sat there making all sorts of laughable claims like "who needs to know where the money is coming from?" and "he seems like a confident man" without even missing your own irony.

To say nothing of Jeddah.

It can't just be ignorance, because even when presented with facts you stare blankly and then days later burble out the same myths and bullshit.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

With MD the one trying to keep the Cup in Auckland, and GD pressing back hard, MD is somehow the enemy? Wow :D You have drunk the Koolaid..

Actually it's you whose drunk on the koolaid. As GD states, a weak home defence is not a good outcome. How many times do you need to be told this.......

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

you totally failed to spot the obvious dubiousness of Dunphy that was starkly apparent straight out of the gate by anyone with half a brain.

Have maintained all along that 'we will see' about if MD can help enough. But anyone with half a brain can't ignore the incandescent pushback, the resistance and now the 'traitorous' accusations from GD - and it must surely make you ask Why? WTF is going on, this getting really weird!

8 hours ago, Chobani Sailor said:

Alinghy is hoping for the Middle East because they will be able to purchase all of the American Magic assets at a fair price.  Anywhere else and they have a tough hill to climb

Why would Devos et al sell to Alinghi?

6 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

There isn't any sign of one......

Hopefully these Kiwis will figure out what it will take to put up a good Defense.. In Auckland.

There is no sign of any offshore opportunity, so they best get around the table. Waiting weeks or months longer will not salvage the sinking wreck in Cork.

15 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Actually it's you whose drunk on the koolaid. As GD states, a weak home defence is not a good outcome. How many times do you need to be told this.......

Probably a Million Times. Meanwhile I do back Grant on this! No one, even in New Zealand, wants your Home Team going down the tubes!

• Like 1
Just now, Horn Rock said:

Isn't it in the public domain that the mideast bid is Jeddah?

Well, Gladwell in his numerous articles he published over the last few months mentioned that there could always be a "Wild Card Venue" so to speak.

Meanwhile Stingray I think needs a little bit of an Education how a Bidding Process works. I guess he has never watched how the FIFA selects their Countries for the Soccer World Cup or the IOC selects their Olympic Cities.

You are certainly not doing that by just signing off a piece of paper. You get your booths on the ground, talk to people, see for yourself, let the authorities present their bid with a Presentation via PowerPoint or some other Media that is suitable and then after you have gathered all the Information from them make a Decision. NONE of this has happened hence ETNZ/RNZYS delaying the Venue Announcement.

1 minute ago, Stingray~ said:

'Jeddah' came from folks in Cork, who were apparently told they were in competition with Jeddah. So who the hell knows.. 

A lot of mud has been flung at the Saudis in here and elsewhere over their patriarchal society and what not. We're all happy to fill our cars with their gas, the US sends billions in weapons, the Euros are happy to sell them luxury cars, build them super yachts, provide expertise to construct skyscrapers, and many other economic deals. So there's a level of hypocrisy in saying we can't race yachts their imo.

4 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

A lot of mud has been flung at the Saudis in here and elsewhere over their patriarchal society and what not. We're all happy to fill our cars with their gas, the US sends billions in weapons, the Euros are happy to sell them luxury cars, build them super yachts, provide expertise to construct skyscrapers, and many other economic deals. So there's a level of hypocrisy in saying we can't race yachts their imo.

Famer put it better than I could..

And so back to Jeddah?   Really!   My last column pointed out the unacceptability of Jeddah to this country, which has a proud human rights and gender equity record and that finds terrorism abhorrent. So too will other teams (certainly those from the United States) and their sponsors.  

The reality of Team NZ concluding a deal with a foreign City for the hosting of AC37 is that, as one report put it: the Emperor has no Clothes. 

13 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

And so back to Jeddah?   Really!   My last column pointed out the unacceptability of Jeddah to this country, which has a proud human rights and gender equity record and that finds terrorism abhorrent. So too will other teams (certainly those from the United States) and their sponsors.  

The reality of Team NZ concluding a deal with a foreign City for the hosting of AC37 is that, as one report put it: the Emperor has no Clothes. 

But who cares where the money comes from eh? You can't have it both ways.

19 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

FFS are you on Farmer's payroll as well?

Farmer was on the board when they signed up Emirates.  How "clean" by Farmer's standards was their money?

10 minutes ago, Kate short for Bob said:

FFS are you on Farmer's payroll as well?

Okay, I will admit it. Farmer pays my electric bill, Dunphay makes my new Corvette Stingray payments, and TE pays the bill all for the cold beer Amazon delivers three times a day... Happy now? 

Guess what? They do it on condition I stay in my silly lakefront mini-manse .. instead of moving to Jeddah and sending and posting wild party-life photos from there :D

Does that fucking delusion work well for you?

2 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Have maintained all along that 'we will see' about if MD can help enough. But anyone with half a brain can't ignore the incandescent pushback, the resistance and now the 'traitorous' accusations from GD - and it must surely make you ask Why? WTF is going on, this getting really weird!

How's this for a conspiracy theory?

Could GD's 'traitorous' accusations be true?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, ChairborneRanger said:

And split the resources/team/talent of NZ? A great idea if you want NZ to cough up the Cup in 2024. 

Looks to me like NZL can't raise enough funding for even one team, let alone two or more.

49 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Could GD's 'traitorous' accusations be true?

I guess so.. But for what on earth reasons?

To try buy a Te Rehutai design package?

To try to just move the damn thing along, in Auckland?

It is hard to understand the nefarious motives GD is accusing MD of. It's not like GD hasn't taken money off some of the same people he named in his accusation. MD denies that any of them are involved in whatever-all GD is on about. My best guess is that GD thinks he has a profit-making opportunity offshore and prefers to pursue that profit-making 'business decision' over what is actually needed to simply run the damn thing in Auckland. ? 

'Follow the Money' is a reasonable start for motivation on many things. Even when TNZ Ltd is registered as a non-profit.

11 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

"Open and transparent"

But we can't tell you how much money we've got, nor where the supposed money is even coming from.

Did ETNZ ever get open and transparent about financial details? Oh that's right.. That's the best you can do?

Still don't understand the antagonism towards this patriotic, home-grown effort from Kiwis to keep the Cup at Home.

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Did ETNZ ever get open and transparent about financial details? Oh that's right.. That's the best you can do?

Did ETNZ (or any AC team for that matter) ever release a statement saying they are open and transparent about their funding? Of course fucking not you dunce.

1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Still don't understand the antagonism towards this patriotic, home-grown effort from Kiwis to keep the Cup at Home.

Stinger. TNZ does not trust, Dunphy. His continued failure to respond to their repeated questions only strengthens their suspicion of him. There will be no meeting.