The AC 37 has started, news and rumours

2 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Fair enough but I cannot think of example where a PRO team in the US got a GRANT as in "free money not to be repaid."

You can't think of one because I doubt such an example exists. Our public support of professional sports teams here is generally limited to helping build stadiums.  NZ does it differently, for reasons that make at least some sense (i.e., the country lacks the private economic resources to fund a competitive effort).

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m not calling this out for the sake of ostracizing you, nor to play PC police on a forum that is notorious for the opposite of that. I could just hit ignore, delete or whatever. I’m calling this out

Hilarious to watch Kiwis who've been around since AC35 twist themselves into intellectual pretzels to give ETNZ a pass on what they screamed bloody murder about when Oracle did it. Even Oracle di

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

The All Blacks are a business. They’re also a National Team.

They are a National Team, run as a business by the national rugby body. The AB's are a small part of the sport. They are run as a business to help fund the rest of the sport.

For TNZ to be in any way similar they would need to be under the control of the national sailing body. They would need to be responsible to that body. Their funding would need to be under the control of the national body.

But they aren't are they. They are a totally independent, pro team. They only have responsibility to themselves, funding is totally under their control. Taking the cup out of the country is purely their choice.

So they are a Clayton's national team. Using the country and supporters for their own advantage.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

So they made the venue announcement on the date he set originally? 

nope. 

Yes, they did. They said they would make an announcement on or around September 15th. They did that. They announced an extension to the deadline. 

1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

Yes, they did. They said they would make an announcement on or around September 15th. They did that. They announced an extension to the deadline. 

:lol:

41 minutes ago, Gissie said:

They are a National Team, run as a business by the national rugby body. The AB's are a small part of the sport. They are run as a business to help fund the rest of the sport.

For TNZ to be in any way similar they would need to be under the control of the national sailing body. They would need to be responsible to that body. Their funding would need to be under the control of the national body.

But they aren't are they. They are a totally independent, pro team. They only have responsibility to themselves, funding is totally under their control. Taking the cup out of the country is purely their choice.

So they are a Clayton's national team. Using the country and supporters for their own advantage.

There is no National body. That’s the only difference. That’s what makes the AC what it is. If the AC had an international controlling body, they’d have one too, but it doesn’t. Doesn’t change the fact that both the All Blacks and ETNZ are businesses operating as National teams. The All Blacks are a brand, operating under the NZRU. ETNZ are a brand operating under Team NZ Ltd. They’re the same thing. Two businesses operating as National Teams.

There is no National body. That’s the only difference. That’s what makes the AC what it is. If the AC had an international controlling body, they’d have one too, but it doesn’t. Doesn’t change the fact that both the All Blacks and ETNZ are businesses operating as National teams. The All Blacks are a brand, operating under the NZRU. ETNZ are a brand operating under Team NZ Ltd. They’re the same thing. Two businesses operating as National Teams.

There is a national sailing body, much like their is a national rugby body. To claim that NZRU and ETNZ are equivalent, just different sports is amongst the most farcical things you have come up with. Which has a pretty high bar...

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Gissie said:

There is a national sailing body, much like their is a national rugby body. To claim that NZRU and ETNZ are equivalent, just different sports is amongst the most farcical things you have come up with. Which has a pretty high bar...

If you’re talking about the “NZ Sailing Team” then yes, and Team NZ and NZ Sailing team are partnered. 

12 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

If you’re talking about the “NZ Sailing Team” then yes, and Team NZ and NZ Sailing team are partnered. 

So NZ Sailing Team are the national body for yachting in NZ?

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

So NZ Sailing Team are the national body for yachting in NZ?

We’ll there is yachting NZ, which the RNZYS is affiliated to. ETNZ is representative of the RNZYS who is affiliated to Yachting NZ and partnered with the NZ Sailing Team so does that then make them a National team?

46 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

..... so does that then make them a National team?

They are not an official designated national team in the way the olympic team is.

They are a commercial entity which represents their club.

The squadron does not officially 'represent' NZ, and neither GGYC nor NYYC officially 'represented' America. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, porthos said:

NZ does it differently, for reasons that make at least some sense (i.e., the country lacks the private economic resources to fund a competitive effort).

The NZ Govt. does it for business reasons, in pre-pandemic days there was an expectation that 300+ members of their teams and their families would be living in Auckland and paying GST on their purchases plus an influx of super yachts that would be spending about a million each plus the fans who want to seen the event. 

As we now know most of that did not happen and probably accounts for the Govt, reluctance this time around.

In the case of SF it was advertising the country for the tourists and to a lessor extent at Bermuda which was less attractive from our point of view.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, estarzinger said:

They are not an official designated national team in the way the olympic team is.

They are a commercial entity which represents their club.

The squadron does not officially 'represent' NZ, and neither GGYC nor NYYC officially 'represented' America. 

"Yachting New Zealand is recognised by the International Sailing Federation[2] as the governing body for the sport of sailing in New Zealand. Yachting New Zealand also facilitates training in sailing in and around the country"

RNYS is an affiliated member club, therefor, a representative club of Yachting NZ. 

ETNZ is the contracted representative of RNZYS in the Americas Cup.

ETNZ are also partnered with NZ Sailing Team which is Yachting NZ's high performance program providing a pathway for NZ youth Olympic Sailors, and by virtue of the partnership, the Americas Cup.

"The high performance programme continually evolves and the focus now is on winning medals at the 2020 Tokyo and 2024 Paris Olympics. The NZL Sailing Team is made up of the best Olympic class sailors in the country and they must reach certain criteria each year to remain in the top team. Below that is the Olympic Development Squad, Aon Fast Track and youth programmes"

By definition, a National Team.

13 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

"Yachting New Zealand is recognised by the International Sailing Federation[2] as the governing body for the sport of sailing in New Zealand. Yachting New Zealand also facilitates training in sailing in and around the country"

RNYS is an affiliated member club, therefor, a representative club of Yachting NZ. 

ETNZ is the contracted representative of RNZYS in the Americas Cup.

ETNZ are also partnered with NZ Sailing Team which is Yachting NZ's high performance program providing a pathway for NZ youth Olympic Sailors.

"The high performance programme continually evolves and the focus now is on winning medals at the 2020 Tokyo and 2024 Paris Olympics. The NZL Sailing Team is made up of the best Olympic class sailors in the country and they must reach certain criteria each year to remain in the top team. Below that is the Olympic Development Squad, Aon Fast Track and youth programmes"

By definition, a National Team.

Jeez you talk shit. Is the team under the auspices of Yachting NZ, like the AB's are to NZRU? No.

Being a representative of a club for one event does not make you a National Team.

Being a partner with NZ Sailing Team does not make you a national team, it makes you a partner.

Twist and turn as much as you wish, but the team is a pro team, responsible to no one else. Even RNZYS has no real control over them.

National team is a con that the NZ public swallowed when sold things like 'bring the cup home' and then keep it in NZ. Kiwis were happy to drink the coolaid while they pretend to care. Now they have shown they don't really so many will turn their backs on the team. My guess is that for those that are actually interested in sailing, Prada will gain a lot of Kiwi support in the future.

1 minute ago, Gissie said:

Jeez you talk shit. Is the team under the auspices of Yachting NZ, like the AB's are to NZRU? No.

Being a representative of a club for one event does not make you a National Team.

Being a partner with NZ Sailing Team does not make you a national team, it makes you a partner.

Twist and turn as much as you wish, but the team is a pro team, responsible to no one else. Even RNZYS has no real control over them.

National team is a con that the NZ public swallowed when sold things like 'bring the cup home' and then keep it in NZ. Kiwis were happy to drink the coolaid while they pretend to care. Now they have shown they don't really so many will turn their backs on the team. My guess is that for those that are actually interested in sailing, Prada will gain a lot of Kiwi support in the future.

The AB's aren't. The All Blacks is a commercial brand.

The NZ Mens National Rugby team are the official representative.

Squirm all you like, but you know as much as I do, to say Team NZ isn't a National Team, you must also say the AB's aren't a National team.

The Squadron has as much control as the Deed of Gift and the contract the two parties signed gives them.

The rest of your spiel is just rubbish from a retired old boomer that has too much time on his hands and spends it all pining for the old days.

As long as Prada has Jimmy at the helm, they won't gain Kiwi support.

3 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

The AB's aren't. The All Blacks is a commercial brand.

The NZ Mens National Rugby team are the official representative.

Squirm all you like, but you know as much as I do, to say Team NZ isn't a National Team, you must also say the AB's aren't a National team.

The Squadron has as much control as the Deed of Gift and the contract the two parties signed gives them.

The rest of your spiel is just rubbish from a retired old boomer that has too much time on his hands and spends it all pining for the old days.

As long as Prada has Jimmy at the helm, they won't gain Kiwi support.

But the commercial brand is run by NZRU, the national body. The AB's cannot just decide to piss off without getting the agreement of the national body. The AB's don't raise their own funds and spend them independently from the national body.

Unlike the team, which is totally independent from the national body and report to no-one.

As for Prada and Jimmy, I think you are rather coloured. He brought the mongrel that Kiwis love to a team that we have always liked but been disappointed with.

Just now, Gissie said:

But the commercial brand is run by NZRU, the national body. The AB's cannot just decide to piss off without getting the agreement of the national body. The AB's don't raise their own funds and spend them independently from the national body.

Unlike the team, which is totally independent from the national body and report to no-one.

As for Prada and Jimmy, I think you are rather coloured. He brought the mongrel that Kiwis love to a team that we have always liked but been disappointed with.

Irrelevant. Emirates Team NZ is the representative team of the RNZYS, which is governed By Yachting NZ.

Obviously the contract states Dalton has to at least keep the Squadron apprised of where the team is at, or the recent meeting involving the Squadron would not have happened, so logically Dalton does have to report to the Squadron in some capacity.

The Squadron also is not completely independent of the National body.

As for Jimmy, he's an Aussie, so No, he's not getting any Kiwi support, other than from traitors like you. Quade Cooper brought the mongrel too, but you think he's getting any Kiwi support? Laughable. And he's a Kiwi, but he gets boo'd off the park every time.

2 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Clarkey, do you have any idea why you hate Aussies, apart from jealousy.

Because (obviously) they're selfish, they have a problem with doing what they're told, and can't see the big picture, then they piss and moan when they get locked down because they're too stupid to do what they're told.

Oh and they suck at Rugby.

Just now, Forourselves said:

Because (obviously) they're selfish, they have a problem with doing what they're told, and can't see the big picture, then they piss and moan when they get locked down because they're too stupid to do what they're told.

Oh and they suck at Rugby.

Do you think all Aussies fit your mold, I dont think so.  Suck at Rugby, they smashed the Jarpies twice, which is more than the ABs could do..

19 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Irrelevant. Emirates Team NZ is the representative team of the RNZYS, which is governed By Yachting NZ.

Obviously the contract states Dalton has to at least keep the Squadron apprised of where the team is at, or the recent meeting involving the Squadron would not have happened, so logically Dalton does have to report to the Squadron in some capacity.

The Squadron also is not completely independent of the National body.

As for Jimmy, he's an Aussie, so No, he's not getting any Kiwi support, other than from traitors like you. Quade Cooper brought the mongrel too, but you think he's getting any Kiwi support? Laughable. And he's a Kiwi, but he gets boo'd off the park every time.

So any team that represents a club, where the club is governed by a national body, is automatically a national team.

:lol: Love it. There must be thousands of national teams in NZ in that case.

Will leave you to your unicorns and fairies for a while again.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, trt131 said:

Do you think all Aussies fit your mold, I dont think so.  Suck at Rugby, they smashed the Jarpies twice, which is more than the ABs could do..

And then got smashed twice by us.

And still couldn't take the trophy lol

6 hours ago, Forourselves said:

It was only ever a venue announcement on that date. The assumption was they’d have a venue. 

So it was incompetence that led them to be unable to fulfil the schedule that they set out. Assumptions at this level? Not massively professional really. 

32 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

So it was incompetence that led them to be unable to fulfil the schedule that they set out. Assumptions at this level? Not massively professional really. 

I'm saying it was an assumption made by posters on here.

The announcement was made, as they said it would be. Can't help the fact that you didn't like it.

What venue did they announce though? I have looked everywhere I can for

They announced an extension to the deadline”

And I can’t find it any where on a map?  Is it in the ME somewhere? 

10 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

What venue did they announce though? I have looked everywhere I can for

They announced an extension to the deadline”

And I can’t find it any where on a map?  Is it in the ME somewhere? 

They didn't announce a venue, they just made a venue announcement. Two different things.

You made the assumption.

So they didn’t do the thing they said they were going to do?  Lie/untruth or incompetence? what's your preference for it?  

they just announced that they  were not announcing the venue?  

assumption was in your post see below… 

7 hours ago, Forourselves said:

It was only ever a venue announcement on that date. The assumption was they’d have a venue. 

squirm 

13 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

So they didn’t do the thing they said they were going to do?  Lie/untruth or incompetence? what's your preference for it?  

they just announced that they  were not announcing the venue?  

assumption was in your post see below… 

squirm 

What? Like I said, they made a venue announcement.

The announcement was there was no venue.

You made the assumption.

I have to respect your politician like slipperiness and trolling 4. But that fact remains that GD on a number of occasions said he would "announce the venue" on that date, not just make a venue announcement. He did meet the latter (arguably) but certainly not the former

1 minute ago, enigmatically2 said:

I have to respect your politician like slipperiness and trolling 4. But that fact remains that GD on a number of occasions said he would "announce the venue" on that date, not just make a venue announcement. He did meet the latter (arguably) but certainly not the former

Link?

25 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Dalton is way out of his depth, knows full well they've made an unsustainable monster out of the AC and can't find a way out.  Forcing teams into having to run yet another complex boat just to fill his coffers - he's a total fuckwit at times.

Best to call it day and start again with a bit of sanity and fewer egos involved.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, GBH said:

Best to call it day and start again with a bit of sanity and fewer egos involved.

I'm not sure the AC has ever featured very much of either.

6 hours ago, estarzinger said:

And similarly it is Ineos UK, not Ineos GB, because the latter would indicate a national team.

9 hours ago, Forourselves said:

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

They didn't announce a venue, they just made a venue announcement. Two different things.

You made the assumption.

56 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

What? Like I said, they made a venue announcement.

The announcement was there was no venue.

You made the assumption.

3 x gold :lol:

• Like 6
1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Not that clever… 

Or as successful as Boris (career wise, with women, pretty much anything)

Also this image proves that Boris has more personal experience of yachts and sailing than 4. In that he has been on one.

london-mayor-boris-johnson-and-sir-robin

11 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Not quite, the All Blacks have been  around as a national team  for over a 100 years. They consist of NZers and the bulk of that history was amateur participation. Yes they are a brand and business but to compare them to the NZ AC team is weak. The progress  from kids tossing a rugby ball around through to young men playing in the ultimate representation of the sport is linear and direct. Any kid with talent can participate through a national system that involves schools and clubs, local and regional competitions all the way to the top tier- in NZ. Thus it earns a right to called a national sport deserving of national sporting funds due to massive involvement,  there are 520 clubs, 141,726 registered players and 2309 referees.

The NZ AC "team" on the other hand is full of hired guns and professionals who can be from virtually anywhere. It is as elite, white and uptight as it gets, I dont think they have tokenism yet either because its probably not cost effective. Its also a gear event, i.e about technology and stuff so it gets the industrial/corporate angle built in like tech from the evil giants of the world and if not materially then their cash. 

How much of that golden flow of cash does Dalton put back into NZ sailing development to build the sport, what does he do for grass roots sailing. Is it any more than fuck all, is there any generosity on display for the clubs?

The NZ rugby unions financial statements are here https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/assets/Full-Financial-Statements-signed.pdf

They invest in the game, in their sport from the bottom to the top and its not chump change.

I am not taking way from the Daltons success, there is no denying that, but there comes a time when the getting pissed on and being told its rain doesnt work anymore.

• Like 1

ETNZ are the representative team of RNZYC. Without their selection by the RNZYS they are nothing. In reality they are in no way shape or form independent. They MOST CERTAINLY have a responsibility to the RNZYS as the squadron's selected team and just for the record it is the RNZYS that are the cup holders and NOT ETNZ.

Of course they are NOT a national team, they are  Club team, The DoG is NOT open to national challenges. It clearly states that a challenge may come from  "Any organized yacht Club of a foreign country" not the foreign country.

Like any club, team, organisation or whatever they require funding. If the funding is so woefully inadequate compared to the funding of their opponents they are much less likely to successfully defend in AC37 while they have a responsibility to the RNZYS to ensure that they have the best chance of securing the required funding to have the best chance of successfully defending . Fact NOT opinion.

On another, but related, point, I would just ask that if ETNZ doesn't represent RNZYS then just who in New Zealand is good enough to represent the Squadron without just giving the Cup away.

• Like 3

As I said, in some previous posts, there is plenty of money for sports investments in the Kingdom but it's all a matter of buying the right asset at the right price

An investment group led by PIF has completed the acquisition of 100% of Newcastle United Football Club NUFChttps://www.linkedin.com/posts/pifsaudi_pif-aedaeuaexaewaeqabraepaesaepaebaesaetaetaepaezaepaesabraepaesaehaepaetaer-activity-6851916144203329536-O9Q6

PIF stands for Public Investment Fund and is Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund.

The fact you are a rich multi millionaire doesn't mean I can sell you a bottle of mineral water for $1,000 when you can buy it in the supermarket for $1. If I were to use this analogy, Dalton is trying to sell his bottled water for $1,000 and the PIF just bought a bottle of Dom Pérignon 2010 for $200... 

1633624208250.jpg

5 hours ago, Caecilian said:

Not quite, the All Blacks have been  around as a national team  for over a 100 years. They consist of NZers and the bulk of that history was amateur participation. Yes they are a brand and business but to compare them to the NZ AC team is weak. The progress  from kids tossing a rugby ball around through to young men playing in the ultimate representation of the sport is linear and direct. Any kid with talent can participate through a national system that involves schools and clubs, local and regional competitions all the way to the top tier- in NZ. Thus it earns a right to called a national sport deserving of national sporting funds due to massive involvement,  there are 520 clubs, 141,726 registered players and 2309 referees.

The NZ AC "team" on the other hand is full of hired guns and professionals who can be from virtually anywhere. It is as elite, white and uptight as it gets, I dont think they have tokenism yet either because its probably not cost effective. Its also a gear event, i.e about technology and stuff so it gets the industrial/corporate angle built in like tech from the evil giants of the world and if not materially then their cash. 

How much of that golden flow of cash does Dalton put back into NZ sailing development to build the sport, what does he do for grass roots sailing. Is it any more than fuck all, is there any generosity on display for the clubs?

The NZ rugby unions financial statements are here https://www.nzrugby.co.nz/assets/Full-Financial-Statements-signed.pdf

They invest in the game, in their sport from the bottom to the top and its not chump change.

I am not taking way from the Daltons success, there is no denying that, but there comes a time when the getting pissed on and being told its rain doesnt work anymore.

The All Blacks consists of Tongans, Samoans, Fijians and Kiwi's.

The sailing team is all Kiwi's. If we're talking design team, every design team is full of hired guns, but the sailing team is all Kiwi's apart from Glenn Ashby.

There is a whole fleet of brand new boats that were built for the Cup that have now been gifted to the NZ Coast Guard. Where NZ surf lifers are forced to get out with buckets every summer asking for donations, the AC has gifted them an entire fleet of brand new protectors.

Team NZ builds its own boats now, when Cooksons shut its doors Team NZ picked up a lot of those guys, as well as offering apprenticeships to young boatbuilders.

Being partnered with the Yachting NZ's high performance program provides a pathway for those guys like Pete, Blair, Andy and Josh into the AC.

Team NZ have now provided a pathway for women like Erica Dawson into the AC with the Womens AC.

Not sure what else you want to see?

3 hours ago, shanghaisailor said:

ETNZ are the representative team of RNZYC. Without their selection by the RNZYS they are nothing. In reality they are in no way shape or form independent. They MOST CERTAINLY have a responsibility to the RNZYS as the squadron's selected team and just for the record it is the RNZYS that are the cup holders and NOT ETNZ.

Of course they are NOT a national team, they are  Club team, The DoG is NOT open to national challenges. It clearly states that a challenge may come from  "Any organized yacht Club of a foreign country" not the foreign country.

Like any club, team, organisation or whatever they require funding. If the funding is so woefully inadequate compared to the funding of their opponents they are much less likely to successfully defend in AC37 while they have a responsibility to the RNZYS to ensure that they have the best chance of securing the required funding to have the best chance of successfully defending . Fact NOT opinion.

On another, but related, point, I would just ask that if ETNZ doesn't represent RNZYS then just who in New Zealand is good enough to represent the Squadron without just giving the Cup away.

I dont think you understand the RNZYS as a club nor the relationship. The club is a front- that's all. The  team selects it for utility and in this case the prestige of being the biggest one in NZ. (with royal attached as a bonus)

The All Blacks consists of Tongans, Samoans, Fijians and Kiwi's.

The sailing team is all Kiwi's. If we're talking design team, every design team is full of hired guns, but the sailing team is all Kiwi's apart from Glenn Ashby.

There is a whole fleet of brand new boats that were built for the Cup that have now been gifted to the NZ Coast Guard. Where NZ surf lifers are forced to get out with buckets every summer asking for donations, the AC has gifted them an entire fleet of brand new protectors.

Team NZ builds its own boats now, when Cooksons shut its doors Team NZ picked up a lot of those guys, as well as offering apprenticeships to young boatbuilders.

Being partnered with the Yachting NZ's high performance program provides a pathway for those guys like Pete, Blair, Andy and Josh into the AC.

Team NZ have now provided a pathway for women like Erica Dawson into the AC with the Womens AC.

Not sure what else you want to see?

Drawing a long bow there, where are the TNZ financial statements, it's charter,  it's trust deeds that have specific goals for grassroots sailing? When you look past the spin, there isn't much.

Foreverthefool the punters who brought lottery tickets paid for the craft gifted to the Coastguard not Dalton and his Dandies.

The 26 vessels, which are a result of a partnership between Coastguard, Lotto New Zealand and Emirates Team New Zealand, have been built using a $9.8 million lottery grant. The boats will be used during the Prada Cup and 36th America’s Cup presented by Prada as support vessels and chase boats, before becoming part of Coastguard’s fleet of rescue vessels.

in effect they were on loan to grant before they went to their intended owners/recipients.

so good of Grant to honour the deal and pass them on.. what a saint.

in forspin speak, GD paid for them with his own cash and gifted each one personally signing them for each recipient depriving him of buying another house in Lymington 

14 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Foreverthefool the punters who brought lottery tickets paid for the craft gifted to the Coastguard not Dalton and his Dandies.

The 26 vessels, which are a result of a partnership between Coastguard, Lotto New Zealand and Emirates Team New Zealand, have been built using a $9.8 million lottery grant. The boats will be used during the Prada Cup and 36th America’s Cup presented by Prada as support vessels and chase boats, before becoming part of Coastguard’s fleet of rescue vessels.

Surely not. If that were true it would mean one4theteam is telling porkies again.

45 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Surely not. If that were true it would mean one4theteam is telling porkies again.

Yet if not for the AC, those boats would never have been built.

1 hour ago, Caecilian said:

I dont think you understand the RNZYS as a club nor the relationship. The club is a front- that's all. The  team selects it for utility and in this case the prestige of being the biggest one in NZ. (with royal attached as a bonus)

Conspiracy theorists lol

11 hours ago, GBH said:

Dalton is way out of his depth, knows full well they've made an unsustainable monster out of the AC and can't find a way out.  Forcing teams into having to run yet another complex boat just to fill his coffers - he's a total fuckwit at times.

if you google "how much does Grant Dalton earn" you end up with this gem: "Team New Zealand boss Grant Dalton was on about $2 million a year during the last America's Cup campaign. Dalton was by far the top earner.

this quote is a couple campaigns old.. so. yeah. Looks like the CEO - of team emirates - is not exactly in it for queen and country.

34 minutes ago, floater said:

if you google "how much does Grant Dalton earn" you end up with this gem: "Team New Zealand boss Grant Dalton was on about $2 million a year during the last America's Cup campaign. Dalton was by far the top earner.

this quote is a couple campaigns old.. so. yeah. Looks like the CEO - of team emirates - is not exactly in it for queen and country.

Backdooring both?

40 minutes ago, floater said:

If you google the CEO of Fonterra’s annual salary you’ll find it’s double that of Dalton. It’s called market rate.

24 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Google AC market cap

$8.260 billion. For Air Canada; or perhaps you meant:

$836.21 million for Associated Capital Group, Inc. (symbol AC)

No listing for the America's Cup. Probably because it's not a publicly-traded company. Anywhere.  And therefore has no market capitalization.  I'm sure this fact won't be a problem for you.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Yet if not for the AC, those boats would never have been built.

:lol: If it wasn't for the lottery those boats wouldn't have been made. They were gifted to the team to use before being handed over to those that actually deserved to have them.

Or, in your twisted reality, did the team go to the lottery folk and force them to cough up the millions and give them to the team. After using them, the team donated them to the Coastguard out of the goodness of their heart. Thus spreading wealth an beneficence wherever they go.

Yeah, right.

40 minutes ago, porthos said:

No listing for the America's Cup. Probably because it's not a publicly-traded company. Anywhere.  And therefore has no market capitalization.  I'm sure this fact won't be a problem for you.

But at least it is a National Team...

2 hours ago, porthos said:

If it could be sold, i think it would have a current value far in excess of what comparable might dictate, possibly even more than Formula 1. Imagine the net worth of the bidders at a private auction!

Then again, if it could have been sold to the highest bidder the AC would have at least as good a chance of being extinct right now as anything else. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Gissie said:

:lol: If it wasn't for the lottery those boats wouldn't have been made. They were gifted to the team to use before being handed over to those that actually deserved to have them.

Or, in your twisted reality, did the team go to the lottery folk and force them to cough up the millions and give them to the team. After using them, the team donated them to the Coastguard out of the goodness of their heart. Thus spreading wealth an beneficence wherever they go.

Yeah, right.

If it wasnt for the AC, the lotteries commission would not have been needed. But they were. 

3 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Nah. GDs wife is aware GD has faults

Told you this was personal with you. Youre jealous of Dalts. Youre jealous because hes beaten you in competitive sailing and in life and is still winning, where youre crying about being a loser. Hating on his team while being too scared to reveal your support for yours. Everyone has faults. Just not the fake ones you think he has.

11 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

If it wasnt for the AC, the lotteries commission would not have been needed. But they were. 

So the lotteries commission was started because of the AC and the team?

Or are saying the only reason the money was fronted was because the team conned the commission into paying for the boats and the Coastguard was just the lucky guys in the corner?

The meds, please get back on the meds. If not for yourself, do it for those around you.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

If it could be sold, i think it would have a current value far in excess of what comparable might dictate, possibly even more than Formula 1. Imagine the net worth of the bidders at a private auction!

Then again, if it could have been sold to the highest bidder the AC would have at least as good a chance of being extinct right now as anything else. 

The good thing about the up has been that having more money than God was no indication of the result.

Although it would appear it is necessary to have more money than Dalton, even if he does see himself as God...

5 hours ago, floater said:

How would whoever wrote that actually know?

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

Told you this was personal with you. Youre jealous of Dalts. Youre jealous because hes beaten you in competitive sailing and in life and is still winning, where youre crying about being a loser. Hating on his team while being too scared to reveal your support for yours. Everyone has faults. Just not the fake ones you think he has.

holy shit you make this fun. thank you.

1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

How would whoever wrote that actually know?

Easy, from the internet of course!

I think he may have made more, in his tax-free 10% years, and what I "think" is possibly more reliable than Google, or that even more fucked up Reddit.

Anyways, whatever he earns does not make me jealous and hate him, to the contrary, good on him. And I bet he is on less than 2 these days, but still makes enough to fuel up his stinkpot and bikes.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Gissie said:

They checked with one4theteam, he knows everything.

Bahahaha I know we're the champions and we can do what ever the fuck we want to do, because thats what happens when you win the most important prize in Sailing.

9 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Guess the AB's aren't gonna be a National team anymore lol

How is the straw grasping going?

As for your silly comment, even if it made sense, at least they would be able to say they once were a National Team.

Unlike the private sailing team which never has been.

4 minutes ago, Gissie said:

How is the straw grasping going?

As for your silly comment, even if it made sense, at least they would be able to say they once were a National Team.

Unlike the private sailing team which never has been.

Has been to the majority of Kiwi's and thats all that matters.

Has been to the majority of Kiwi's and thats all that matters.

True, it has been treated as if it was a national team. And they have behaved as if they were one.

Now they are not behaving as one, I my opinion, and the average Kiwi will/has noticed. They will never be treated as a national team again.

9 minutes ago, Gissie said:

True, it has been treated as if it was a national team. And they have behaved as if they were one.

Now they are not behaving as one, I my opinion, and the average Kiwi will/has noticed. They will never be treated as a national team again.

Thats what the minority said in 2007and they were wrong.

The minority said it again in 2013 and they were wrong.

They minority are saying it again now, and they're already being proved wrong.

Kiwi's know the deal. We know we're in the midst of a Covid crisis, and the Americas Cup is the least of our priorities.

The AB's are over seas for months because they can't get home due to MIQ spots being unavailable.

Kiwi UFC global stars Israel Adesanya and Dan Hangman Hooker have decided to ditch NZ for the US because rules and restrictions are too difficult, the domestic rugby competition has been turned upside down now that the Auckland and Counties sides have been excluded, and the AC has been forced offshore due to the same restrictions. 

The vocal minority of haters always come out in force when there's no racing, but they're always drowned out by the majority once the racing starts. ALWAYS.

Thats what the minority said in 2007and they were wrong.

The minority said it again in 2013 and they were wrong.

They minority are saying it again now, and they're already being proved wrong.

Kiwi's know the deal. We know we're in the midst of a Covid crisis, and the Americas Cup is the least of our priorities.

The AB's are over seas for months because they can't get home due to MIQ spots being unavailable.

Kiwi UFC global stars Israel Adesanya and Dan Hangman Hooker have decided to ditch NZ for the US because rules and restrictions are too difficult, th