The AC 37 has started, news and rumours

16 hours ago, shebeen said:

pretty sure B&T don't have other passports ready, so the only sort of option they have away from ETNZ for AC37 is some sort of emerging nation challenge. Don't seem to be any of those around.

So the rules that GD created to avoid a repeat of 2003 seem to be working exactly as they intended. How moral rules rules are…is another issue. I don’t think GD is losing sleep. 

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Hamish Ross and the Discrimination Issue: This will be long, pedantic, and legal.  I apologize for the length; read at your own risk. Hamish Ross has recently claimed on multiple occasion

I’m not calling this out for the sake of ostracizing you, nor to play PC police on a forum that is notorious for the opposite of that. I could just hit ignore, delete or whatever. I’m calling this out

Hilarious to watch Kiwis who've been around since AC35 twist themselves into intellectual pretzels to give ETNZ a pass on what they screamed bloody murder about when Oracle did it. Even Oracle di

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

^

Anything of interest that you could precis?

No ‘breaking news’ but since it runs for an hour there are some interesting parts including anecdotes. Some figures too. 

He (and apparently others who share his view) show no signs at all of backing off from their push to hold AC37 and any subsequent Defenses in Auckland. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Human rights abuse in Dubai..

In a violent sustained attack 11 Australians were publicly flogged by a group of Englishmen as the authorities looked on 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/58257245

A little harsh. Firstly because some of the English were innocent. For example Moen Ali might have joined in the beating but was never given the chance. Only about 6 of the English really got involved, the rest weren't needed. And some of the Australians did the damage to themselves.

P.s. Yanks should avoid this conversation. It will make little sense to you. 

P.p.s. how does "Mr winning is everything" feel about being beneath Namibia at present?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

No ‘breaking news’ but since it runs for an hour there are some interesting parts including anecdotes. Some figures too. 

He (and apparently others who share his view) show no signs at all of backing off from their push to hold AC37 and any subsequent Defenses in Auckland. 

They can't hold a defence without a team, a club, or a boat.

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Human rights abuse in Dubai..

In a violent sustained attack 11 Australians were publicly flogged by a group of Englishmen as the authorities looked on 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/58257245

There was also human rights abuse in Washington a couple of weeks ago.

The attack lasted 80 minutes.

248337635_10158444735291915_736595509034

8 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

How is this suppose to work when Dalton & ETNZ are refusing to even talk to him?

Who are the "Others"? Jim Farmer? Hamish Ross? They have no say. Dunphy is grasping at straws here.

5 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Cute,  but I am not American or Welsh.. 

Actually it wasn't cute. I certainly expected the 100+, but it was an embarrassment that they allowed the US to score any points. That was a complete failure and showed the AB's didn't take the game seriously.

Coincidentally, the AB's have been in the news recently for taking "Dirty money" from INEOS as a sponsor, from a small vocal minority anyway.

The response to that rhetoric from the majority has been "well maybe they should pour the kind of money that INEOS is prepared to pour into the All Blacks"

Winning is everything.

10 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Dunphy on SI yesterday

Love how these wankers think, ETNZ's AC36 Defence SHOULD have been run, by GD. 'No independent governance' fuck me. What a crock.

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Actually it wasn't cute. I certainly expected the 100+, but it was an embarrassment that they allowed the US to score any points. That was a complete failure and showed the AB's didn't take the game seriously.

You really are a wanker. Win by 90 points and they're an embarrassment... smh.

13 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

You really are a wanker. Win by 90 points and they're an embarrassment... smh.

It is all about defending the line. The AB's are always proud of how often they defend the line, and so they should. The fact the US team could breach it showed a less than stellar game.

It would be like the team having a regatta against the opti's and losing a race. Should never happen.

1 minute ago, Gissie said:

It is all about defending the line. The AB's are always proud of how often they defend the line, and so they should. The fact the US team could breach it showed a less than stellar game.

It would be like the team having a regatta against the opti's and losing a race. Should never happen.

Even the best teams concede points. 

Testament to the determination of the Eagles. Nothing more. Nothing less.

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

Coincidentally, the AB's have been in the news recently for taking "Dirty money" from INEOS as a sponsor, from a small vocal minority anyway.

The response to that rhetoric from the majority has been "well maybe they should pour the kind of money that INEOS is prepared to pour into the All Blacks"

Winning is everything.

You lay down with dogs you get fleas… ;-)  

you want to accept that INEOS money for the ABs your (national team) then you get to stfu about them being involved in the AC with your other (national team) 

gisse, these out of international window games are a fucking joke, just a cash grab from the tier one nations, no the result probably wouldn’t change but at least they could put a first choice team on the field and learn something. WR are just being dicks allowing it to carry on and sanctioning the games 

14 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

You lay down with dogs you get fleas… ;-)  

you want to accept that INEOS money for the ABs your (national team) then you get to stfu about them being involved in the AC with your other (national team) 

gisse, these out of international window games are a fucking joke, just a cash grab from the tier one nations, no the result probably wouldn’t change but at least they could put a first choice team on the field and learn something. WR are just being dicks allowing it to carry on and sanctioning the games 

I don't give a fuck where the money comes from.

Obviously the teams have legal teams that have to ensure the source, distribution and allocation is legal, hence the questions from Team NZ to Dunphy.

As long as its legal, who cares?

You wankers talk about the Saudi's and INEOS and their dirty money while filling your cars, boats, jet ski's and what ever other vehicles you use to get around on with oil and petrol.

Hypocrites.

26 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Agree, just a fund raising exercise that is a joke of a game.

6 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Whereas with the cricket (which I asked about but 4 deflected away from as he does anything he doesn't like) is of course the world cup. So does matter.

And we were in that final and should've won.

11 hours ago, barfy said:

Sounds like an hour of your life you'll never get back.

True but if you are AC-interested enough then you’d find that interview informative. 

If you are looking for just the clickbait part? Dunphy says that the discussion in the media about alternative venues is a nonsensical waste of time.

AC37 will be Defended on home NZ waters, in Auckland. 

3 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

True but if you are AC-interested enough then you’d find that interview informative. 

If you are looking for just the clickbait part? Dunphy says that the discussion in the media about alternative venues is a nonsensical waste of time.

AC37 will happen in NZ. 

And you believe every little thing this clown says, do you? You are a little bit of a troll here.

If AC37 happens in NZ it will happen without Mr Dunphys Involvement. Dunphy knows this!

I don't give a fuck where the money comes from.

Obviously the teams have legal teams that have to ensure the source, distribution and allocation is legal, hence the questions from Team NZ to Dunphy.

As long as its legal, who cares?

You wankers talk about the Saudi's and INEOS and their dirty money while filling your cars, boats, jet ski's and what ever other vehicles you use to get around on with oil and petrol.

Hypocrites.

On not caring where it comes from? You have made that abundantly clear.. 

less of the ‘You’ if you please, personally  never had an issue with the INEOS cash how he made his money or what he does with it.

infact it’s rather amusing seeing people throw stones at INEOS  while suckling on the oiled teat of the ME,  

THAT is what is hypocritical 

Lastly, you accuse me of owning a fucking jet ski again, we will fall out in a very big way. 

41 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

You sound like a loser, “we should’ve won” :lol::lol:

you didn’t, you were found wanting and failed like the losers you are.

is that on point for the usual you lost we won shit you normally peddle to anyone that says they ‘should’ve won’ The AC 

12 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Dunphy on SI yesterday

Very interesting.  He has a very long involvement in the AC.

He says that the $40 million is coming out of his pocket and will be a donation for the defense of the next cup.  He said that it isn't right to ask others yet to commit to funding it until it is locked into being a defense in NZ.  

You guys are completely nuts if you will not let him into the discussion just because Dalts got his short hair in a bunch.  He said he doesn't want anything (ownership, etc) out of the donation, but all of his funds must be used to fund the team for the next defense (not paying any debt).

Dalton comes away as the shady character and the one with a hidden agenda.

• Like 1

But out of date aren't you. I'm talking about the T20 world cup which is going on now. Where NZ are beneath Namibia and England are trying to become the first to hold the T20 and T50 world cups at the same time

3 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Very interesting.  He has a very long involvement in the AC.

He says that the $40 million is coming out of his pocket and will be a donation for the defense of the next cup.  He said that it isn't right to ask others yet to commit to funding it until it is locked into being a defense in NZ.  

You guys are completely nuts if you will not let him into the discussion just because Dalts got his short hair in a bunch.  He said he doesn't want anything (ownership, etc) out of the donation, but all of his funds must be used to fund the team for the next defense (not paying any debt).

Dalton comes away as the shady character and the one with a hidden agenda.

I disagree, Dunphy wants control of TNZ!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

But out of date aren't you. I'm talking about the T20 world cup which is going on now. Where NZ are beneath Namibia and England are trying to become the first to hold the T20 and T50 world cups at the same time

Ugh T20? Bit like SailGP, a made for TV, entertainment shadow of a great sport.

1 hour ago, The_Alchemist said:

Why do so many of you still feed the TROLL?  

You all know it is a waste of time and you are just giving him the attention that he wants.

And here you are, back with your crazy, tin foil hat conspiracy theories again.

You did that last time, and when none of them came true you said "I was just starting a discussion and giving people something to talk about"

2 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Whereas with the cricket (which I asked about but 4 deflected away from as he does anything he doesn't like) is of course the world cup. So does matter.

Typical, we're in an Americas Cup forum, but lets not talk about that, what about rugby? Nah Kiwi's are good at that too, I only wanna talk sports that Kiwi teams aren't on top of right now lol

1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

What about Test championships? Nah they won that, so lets not talk about that either lol

The longer this drags on the less sponsorship money will be available in NZ. 

1 Inflation is 4.9% it hasn't been that high since 1987

2 Jacinda has spent $50 billion of your money to keep covid out (toilet flush)

3 Businesses are folding every week that rolls on in Auckland.

4 Interest rates have blown out 2-3% in the last few months. 

P.S I moved to Brisbane in March best thing I ever did good luck New Zealand!

6 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

If AC37 happens in NZ it will happen without Mr Dunphys Involvement. Dunphy knows this!

The guy is delusional, if he thinks he has a future involvement in any AC.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Lastly, you accuse me of owning a fucking jet ski again, we will fall out in a very big way.

Yeah. That's a pretty low blow alright. ;-)

26 minutes ago, NZL4EVER said:

P.S I moved to Brisbane in March best thing I ever did good luck New Zealand!

Username checks out...

You must be an example of that fact about the IQ increasing on both counts with your departure ;)

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Username checks out...

You must be an example of that fact about the IQ increasing on both counts with your departure ;)

Ha, ha. As famously espoused by Sir Robert Muldoon - to the 'brain drain' to, Straya.

14 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Username checks out...

Don't see a Aussie team to get behind will always support TNZ but then again sail gp gets lots of airtime here while we wait....

3 hours ago, 167149 said:

you welsh didn't do so well against the all blacks today either

You Welsh? What the fuck are you on about?  In reply to your equally thick chum 4 I pointed out I wasn’t Welsh or American so posting pictures of scorelines wasn’t exactly a cutting remark that would leave me crying on the floor. 

11 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

You Welsh? What the fuck are you on about?  In reply to your equally thick chum 4 I pointed out I wasn’t Welsh or American so posting pictures of scorelines wasn’t exactly a cutting remark that would leave me crying on the floor. 

No one said you were Welsh or American...

Just a polite little reply to your little post about "Human rights abuses in Dubai" comment.

4 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

The guy is delusional, if he thinks he has a future involvement in any AC.

Something about the AC Sail, every major player in the AC circus I have ever had contact with is both genuinely seriously wealthy and seriously delusional.

I have had them as both neighbours and clients DunFay was pretty innocuously harmless just moaned that I had covered his rag top Bentley with dust to wit I replied there would be no extra charge.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

No one said you were Welsh or American...

Just a polite little reply to your little post about "Human rights abuses in Dubai" comment.

Kiwi humour working well i see.. it was about cricket between England And Australia with Australia getting humped

your fragile little ego felt left out and made it all about the ABs.. so here we are again. 

14 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Kiwi humour working well i see.. it was about cricket between England And Australia with Australia getting humped

your fragile little ego felt left out and made it all about the ABs.. so here we are again. 

Well since brought up the whole "getting flogged" well flogging the opposition is what the ABs (and Team NZ it seems) do best.

13 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Well since brought up the whole "getting flogged" well flogging the opposition is what the ABs (and Team NZ it seems) do best.

You forgot  about making the final and saying you should have won… you are good at that too. X

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

We won that World Cup final. 

Even Ben Stokes said it.

Ben was talking about England… ;-) 

winning is what matters remember, and it’s England’s name on the trophy. Deal with it.  

10 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Something about the AC Sail, every major player in the AC circus I have ever had contact with is both genuinely seriously wealthy and seriously delusional.

I have had them as both neighbours and clients DunFay was pretty innocuously harmless just moaned that I had covered his rag top Bentley with dust to wit I replied there would be no extra charge.

:lol:

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

Ffs You really don’t get it, NZ beat India in that final, not exactly the target audience in AC related shithousery 

The biggest troll on this site clearly has some serious psychological problems. He is so insecure he has to bask in the reflected glory of all these obscure teams while hiding behind a screen name and being a complete asshole to everyone all the time.

Must not have any family or friends. 

Why would anyone bleat on and on about some team winning some championship when no one knows who you are? What exactly is he trying to prove? I just don’t get it. 

The way he talks about these sports with such an air of superiority and diminishment of others competitive efforts would be the same as if I started talking about womens World Cup skiing and the dominance of Vonn and Shiffrin, while kiwi skiers suck. That would’ve be true, because Alice Robinson is competitive, and it’s great for the sport to have as many competitive skiers from as many counties as possible.  Or let’s talk about womens tennis…the Williams sisters.

Just don’t respond to the guy. Let’s hope he gets the help he obviously needs.

1 hour ago, sunseeker said:

The biggest troll on this site clearly has some serious psychological problems. He is so insecure he has to bask in the reflected glory of all these obscure teams while hiding behind a screen name and being a complete asshole to everyone all the time.

Must not have any family or friends. 

Why would anyone bleat on and on about some team winning some championship when no one knows who you are? What exactly is he trying to prove? I just don’t get it. 

The way he talks about these sports with such an air of superiority and diminishment of others competitive efforts would be the same as if I started talking about womens World Cup skiing and the dominance of Vonn and Shiffrin, while kiwi skiers suck. That would’ve be true, because Alice Robinson is competitive, and it’s great for the sport to have as many competitive skiers from as many counties as possible.  Or let’s talk about womens tennis…the Williams sisters.

Just don’t respond to the guy. Let’s hope he gets the help he obviously needs.

I acknowledge EVERY champion.

You post a story about the Black Ferns getting trounced by the Red Roses, and YES they did.

But they are the most dominant team in Womens rugby and have been for a long time.

The AB's are the most dominant team in World Rugby and have been for a long time.

Team NZ have been the most dominant team in the AC, and have been for a long time.

Winning is everything. Thats why Dalts is looking at overseas venues.

4 hours ago, Forourselves said:

I acknowledge EVERY champion.

You post a story about the Black Ferns getting trounced by the Red Roses, and YES they did.

But they are the most dominant team in Womens rugby and have been for a long time.

The AB's are the most dominant team in World Rugby and have been for a long time.

Team NZ have been the most dominant team in the AC, and have been for a long time.

Winning is everything. Thats why Dalts is looking at overseas venues.

hook. line. sinker.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Forourselves said:

This shows great progress everyone. The drugs are slowly working and a dose of realism is slowly creeping in. That is real progress from July when he said

but those that matter know NZ is the dominant nation in the Sailing world today. 

Well done 4- keep taking the pills

1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

^

Please don't quote him. Many (most?) have him on iggy by now.

You keep saying that, but why not follow your own advice as well?

On 10/26/2021 at 4:23 AM, dogwatch said:

Unfortunately nobody who is trolling or demented ever changes their behaviour. Ignore him and ignore anyone who insists on engaging with him.

34 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

MW thinks Auckland for the Match, in 2025. And an ACWS that will include Jeddah.

https://rule69.blog/2021/11/01/eventual-sense/

TNZ have always said that they would hold a series of races with the AC40 which can travel at a smaller cost than the AC75's.  There is no indication from that opinion piece about where the AC will be held but they could hold the challenger series in a different place to the AC so that if TNZ hold the AC in NZ they only need to travel for the AC40 events.  Reduces their costs and collects a fee for the AC40 events.

1 hour ago, Terry Hollis said:

TNZ have always said that they would hold a series of races with the AC40 which can travel at a smaller cost than the AC75's.  There is no indication from that opinion piece about where the AC will be held but they could hold the challenger series in a different place to the AC so that if TNZ hold the AC in NZ they only need to travel for the AC40 events.  Reduces their costs and collects a fee for the AC40 events.

Even if it is agreed in the protocol to sail in the AC 40 events how does that pass muster with a team that just wants to compete in the AC75s for the AC?

9 minutes ago, sailman said:

Even if it is agreed in the protocol to sail in the AC 40 events how does that pass muster with a team that just wants to compete in the AC75s for the AC?

They are out of luck. Nothing new about ACWS in smaller boats being compulsory.

8 minutes ago, sailman said:

The Protocol sets the rules for the complete event. Eligibility to participate in the AC itself may be predicated on participation in all the preliminary events. That has been typical of recent AC Protocols.

14 minutes ago, accnick said:

The Protocol sets the rules for the complete event. Eligibility to participate in the AC itself may be predicated on participation in all the preliminary events. That has been typical of recent AC Protocols.

Has it ever been challenged?