The AC 37 has started, news and rumours

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Hamish Ross and the Discrimination Issue: This will be long, pedantic, and legal.  I apologize for the length; read at your own risk. Hamish Ross has recently claimed on multiple occasion

I’m not calling this out for the sake of ostracizing you, nor to play PC police on a forum that is notorious for the opposite of that. I could just hit ignore, delete or whatever. I’m calling this out

Hilarious to watch Kiwis who've been around since AC35 twist themselves into intellectual pretzels to give ETNZ a pass on what they screamed bloody murder about when Oracle did it. Even Oracle di

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Badly? Not sure why, he is the best money finder in the universe.

But apparently, if it goes offshore and they lose, someone else will be able to find the money to win it back. Without the venue fee, AC 40 fees, HSV fees etc

11 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

But apparently, if it goes offshore and they lose, someone else will be able to find the money to win it back. Without the venue fee, AC 40 fees, HSV fees etc

But they won't lose. We have been assured they will lose if they stay in Auckland. So they need to go offshore to win, bloody stupid to leave and piss everyone off and still lose.

Just now, Gissie said:

But they won't lose. We have been assured they will lose if they stay in Auckland. So they need to go offshore to win, bloody stupid to leave and piss everyone off and still lose.

Anyway it has nothing to do with the money, that was just a red herring. It is because the NZ Government can't guarantee there will be no lockdown due to covid in whatever year it is. All the other venues have no problem supplying such a guarantee.

9 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Anyway it has nothing to do with the money, that was just a red herring. It is because the NZ Government can't guarantee there will be no lockdown due to covid in whatever year it is. All the other venues have no problem supplying such a guarantee.

You mean all the other venues that have put in a bid. Remind me who that is. I thought I had the list right here, but all I can find is a blank piece of paper

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Had to google sheaf, and know what a poser-poster is, but am still lost. Please explain.

I was wondering if S+S just coped the last sheaf of papers (it's a legit use referring to paper Google it) they used to "challenge."  The team that focuses its presence on Ralph Lauren ads are posers imo. Their challenge last time was imo something that morphed into a farce when they would not fess up to realities.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Correct. But why would YOU not want the biggest war chest you could gather, before waging war?

its not a war. its a sporting contest, and a great one. and its been proven time and again that money cannot buy the cup. another common misconception: conflating a cup team with a business..

17 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

So you don't rate GD's contribution to the success of TNZ?

imo, very few teams have matched the tenacity of the Kiwis. I love you guys! And yes, the team leader is critical. But the Kiwis seem to have a wealth of leadership in this regard. Was it Blake, or was it Coutts? In my opinion, Dalts is betraying the cup - so time for him to go. no one is irreplaceable.

16 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

4Ourselves, I would add...'and runs interference against all the cunts trying to take the Cup off, RNZYS/TNZ." ;-)

missing the point - entirely. If the cup goes off shore, then RNZYS - and by extension all of New Zealand - has both figuratively and literally lost the cup. Because the cup is the match, and not merely a trophy.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, floater said:

In my opinion, Dalts is betraying the cup - so time for him to go. no one is irreplaceable.

^This. Taking it away from Auckland is just wrong. I know there is the standard answer of 'the Deed doesn't state it must be in home waters'. Why would that be? Most likely that when Schuyler wrote it he could no more comprehend not having it in the clubs home waters as he could flying to the moon. The Cup was the clubs, proudly fought for by a team, chosen by the club. A team that understood it was purely  challenger on behalf of the club.

Now the club has become the poodle, almost superfluous. Instead it has been morphed into a business of pro teams. Even the country aspect is being diluted, a pretend Red Bull competition. One where teams bitch about cost, yet make beasts that no longer attract all the sailors because it is so foreign to then.

Then again sailors are no longer the target as there are not enough of them to support this sporting fest people like Dalton think they can create. It is now short attention span, action lovers. But in reality, even at 50 knots, the action is rarely exciting. So one audience is being pushed away, while the next is not being found. In a vain attempt, they want to bring in some world series bull, all while pretending to be green with a couple of useless hydrogen boats. They denigrate Sail GP, yet think their version is going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

A pox on them, I hope for nothing but doom and unmitigated disaster on them.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Gissie said:

^This. Taking it away from Auckland is just wrong. I know there is the standard answer of 'the Deed doesn't state it must be in home waters'. Why would that be? Most likely that when Schuyler wrote it he could no more comprehend not having it in the clubs home waters as he could flying to the moon. The Cup was the clubs, proudly fought for by a team, chosen by the club. A team that understood it was purely  challenger on behalf of the club.

Having it in the club's home waters was in the first version of the Deed. IMO it was taken out to allow Newport as a venue. I can't imagine that GS would have liked the Cup to be defended in a foreign country, but that's my guess. According to the Deed's 4 corners, there's no venue restriction, especially not unter MC. Sigh, unfortunately.

Now the club has become the poodle, almost superfluous. Instead it has been morphed into a business of pro teams. Even the country aspect is being diluted, a pretend Red Bull competition. One where teams bitch about cost, yet make beasts that no longer attract all the sailors because it is so foreign to then.

Then again sailors are no longer the target as there are not enough of them to support this sporting fest people like Dalton think they can create. It is now short attention span, action lovers. But in reality, even at 50 knots, the action is rarely exciting. So one audience is being pushed away, while the next is not being found. In a vain attempt, they want to bring in some world series bull, all while pretending to be green with a couple of useless hydrogen boats. They denigrate Sail GP, yet think their version is going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

A pox on them, I hope for nothing but doom and unmitigated disaster on them.

Comment re. the first paragraph above in bold.

2 hours ago, floater said:

its not a war. its a sporting contest, and a great one. and its been proven time and again that money cannot buy the cup.

If or when it does, it has to be spent on the right things under the circumstances. LE learned that as he spent hugely in 2003, 2007...then 2010. 

35 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Thanks for that. Always assumed Newport was home waters for some reason.

To stop me having to disappear down another rabbit hole, anyone have cliff notes on why Newport rather than home waters?

20 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Correct. But why would YOU not want the biggest war chest you could gather, before waging war?

its not a war. its a sporting contest, and a great one. and its been proven time and again that money cannot buy the cup. another common misconception: conflating a cup team with a business..

Semantics.

19 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

4Ourselves, I would add...'and runs interference against all the cunts trying to take the Cup off, RNZYS/TNZ." ;-)

missing the point - entirely. If the cup goes off shore, then RNZYS - and by extension all of New Zealand - has both figuratively and literally lost the cup. Because the cup is the match, and not merely a trophy.

Context.

10 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Thanks for that. Always assumed Newport was home waters for some reason.

To stop me having to disappear down another rabbit hole, anyone have cliff notes on why Newport rather than home waters?

IIRC the Bays in NYC were the home water. NYYC had/has another club house in Newport where they went when NYC became too small for the number of spectator boats during AC matches.

Just now, Rennmaus said:

IIRC the Bays in NYC were the home water. NYYC had/has another club house in Newport where they went when NYC became too small for the number of spectator boats during AC matches.

Not quite, the real and almost only reason was that the rich NYYC members had their summer mansions, and their yachts, in Newport.

16 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Not quite, the real and almost only reason was that the rich NYYC members had their summer mansions, and their yachts, in Newport.

Could have been a reason too, but Bob Fisher wrote it differently in Absorbing Interest, IIRC.

1 hour ago, Rennmaus said:

What?

The Deed of Gift dates from 1887. The first AC Match off Newport was in 1930, in the J-Class. There was never an amendment to the Deed related to home waters, as far as I can tell.  The Deed has only been amended with relation to waterline length and the "own bottom" clause (1956), and the Southern Hemisphere amendment (1985). None of the interpretive resolutions deal with this, either. The Deed is, and has always been, silent on that issue.

In any case, the NYYC has always had stations in various locations, including Newport. Any of those locations would be "home waters", in any case.

The original NYYC building was actually in Hoboken, New Jersey.

There were two earlier governing documents for the AC prior to the third deed of 1887, which is the one that formalized the AC as currently structured. After America first one the Cup that now bears her name in 1851, there was not a defense until 1870. There may have been something in those earlier documents.

51 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Another contributing factor was how busy the shipping had become.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, accnick said:

What?

The Deed of Gift dates from 1887. The first AC Match off Newport was in 1930, in the J-Class. There was never an amendment to the Deed related to home waters, as far as I can tell.  The Deed has only been amended with relation to waterline length and the "own bottom" clause (1956), and the Southern Hemisphere amendment (1985). None of the interpretive resolutions deal with this, either. The Deed is, and has always been, silent on that issue.

In any case, the NYYC has always had stations in various locations, including Newport. Any of those locations would be "home waters", in any case.

The original NYYC building was actually in Hoboken, New Jersey.

O.k., o.k., I misremembered, it mandated the "the usual course for the Annual Regatta of the Yacht Club in possession of the Cup" in case, no MC could be reached. Better?

7 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

O.k., o.k., I misremembered, it mandated the "the usual course for the Annual Regatta of the Yacht Club in possession of the Cup" in case, no MC could be reached. Better?

That may have been in one of the first two documents that pre-dated the 1887 Deed that the event has operated under since then. In any case, it wasn't until 1930 that an AC Match was held off Newport.

6 minutes ago, accnick said:

That may have been in one of the first two documents that pre-dated the 1887 Deed that the event has operated under since then.

As I wrote, the first version. The second too, BTW, from 1882.

Which led me to think that GS has explicitly left open the venue question, as he especially deleted any restriction in the third Deed.

Just now, Rennmaus said:

As I wrote, the first version. The second too, BTW.

Which led me to think that GS has explicitly left open the venue question, as he especially deleted any restriction in the third Deed.

Not hard to see why he deleted the wording that was there, as very often would conflict with the course requirements 

2 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Not hard to see why he deleted the wording that was there, as very often would conflict with the course requirements 

One way or another, however, the wording of the 1887 Deed must not have been out of a burning desire to move AC racing to Newport, as it took another 43 years for that to happen.

Of course, the NYYC's Annual Regatta now takes place off Newport.

Just now, Rennmaus said:
Just now, Gissie said:

What would Bob know compared to Bitter...

Pissy, one thing is sure, that I knew him better than a nobody pisshead on SA. Ask Dee, if she ever got that glass of red wine out of her thick white wool carpet. Admittedly he was a much better writer than me, even though I did write for Seahorse about the AC in Newport, actually. Also told him once to shut the fuck up, when he was interfering with our tactician. He had a great and somewhat sarcastic sense of humour too, and was not a bad sailor either.  Oh, and did he perhaps tell you to get lost, just like Dalts did?

:P

6 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Pissy, one thing is sure, that I knew him better than a nobody pisshead on SA. Ask Dee, if she ever got that glass of red wine out of her thick white wool carpet. Admittedly he was a much better writer than me, even though I did write for Seahorse about the AC in Newport, actually. Also told him once to shut the fuck up, when he was interfering with our tactician. He had a great and somewhat sarcastic sense of humour too, and was not a bad sailor either.  Oh, and did he perhaps tell you to get lost, just like Dalts did?

Oh my, Bitter trotts out the highlights of his life to a person he has on ignore.

Fuck I love this place.

31 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

We’re supposed to take you serious now based on the fact that you’re an ass who spills wine on someone’s carpet?  

Just now, Monkey said:

We’re supposed to take you serious now based on the fact that you’re an ass who spills wine on someone’s carpet?  

No, not serious at all, as you may have noticed. Though it was a true and relevant story, for a pisshead. Oh, the irony, that you missed :o

Just now, Stingray~ said:

Too funny, this place

True, but if that is an attempt of a side kick then try harder, after a facelift.

31 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Woah...take it easy SBD.......

Wine and brandy are my poisons btw......

I find it improves when you add Sodastream CO2.

Kind of a, methode traditionelle vibe. Can't enjoy it with a pipe though.

On 12/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, Forourselves said:

Kevin Shoebridge is the COO, its his job to manage daily operations.

Dalton is the CEO, he raises the money oversees the entire organisation.

I think you misspelled overseas?

• Like 4
On 12/5/2021 at 2:07 AM, Forourselves said:

Would be fucking hilarious if S+S entered. Would certainly prove all the haters wrong about the costs being prohibitive.

So we'd have (Potentially) 3 new teams, Alinghi, S+S and Team Dutchsail.

Exactly! This will be an interesting venue when we win the cup if it depends on me. But it doesn't.
Even as something like portmouth BA counterweight it will be suitable

Serooskerke.jpg.efdb80ec3998dafaad4d85f1ad788667.jpg
796482549_Serooskerke2.thumb.jpg.85c11b542baf78d8e21a1ea0c81e4392.jpg
Construction sites enough!

23 hours ago, Gissie said:

Taking it away from Auckland is just wrong.

I guess most people - although not necessarily on this forum - just feel this to be true. The fact that Dalts has already engineered leaving home waters - rather than simply putting together a protocol (and team ethic) that would ensure a robust home defense - he has seemingly and transparently acted in his own best self-interest. To the dismay and befuddlement of most.

loose cannon, rogue, mercenary - can't somebody fire this guy?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
6 hours ago, floater said:

rather than simply putting together a protocol (and team ethic) that would ensure a robust home defense

When you put it like that, any old Joe could run the AC from the back of an envelope. Surprised you haven't been brought in to sort it all out.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, floater said:

loose cannon, rogue, mercenary - can't somebody fire this guy?

He is a director and shareholder in the team which has a contract with the defending club. So the answer to your question appears to be “no”.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

He is a director and shareholder in the team which has a contract with the defending club. So the answer to your question appears to be “no”.

He's also the best option RNZYS has for a three-peat. Why would they want to get rid of him?

Was watching the Jeddah F1 race on TV, and it was striking along the 2 km-odd corniche not one marina or even a single motor boat in sight, forget about sailboats. Compare that with Abu Dhabi/ Dubai, teeming with marinas. And the UAE just reverted to the western week-end (with half of fridays off as well, the best of both worlds).

EXCEPT, no wind there as well ...

7 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

He's also the best option RNZYS has for a three-peat. Why would they want to get rid of him?

I think no one has discussed this: Dalton doesn't want to work with Dunphy and his Associates BECAUSE they betrayed him by having backroom communications with the New York Yacht Club. After all Dunphy & Ross wanted the RYS replaced as CoR.

And that is the sole reason Dalton doesn't want to work or re-engage with the Kiwi Home Defence Project and I don't blame Grant for it.

14 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

When you put it like that, any old Joe could run the AC from the back of an envelope. Surprised you haven't been brought in to sort it all out.

My understanding is that there are resident experts in the art of sailing near at hand.

Why is Auckland known as the city of Sails?

More than 500,000 sailboats and yachts in various sizes are anchored and moored at marinas within the city.

12 minutes ago, Xlot said:

Was watching the Jeddah F1 race on TV, and it was striking along the 2 km-odd corniche not one marina or even a single motor boat in sight, forget about sailboats.

what a farce this is. 

2 hours ago, Xlot said:

Because he’s manifestly past his best by date

the comedian in charge of this operation. its so utterly preposterous where this cup sits right now.

42 minutes ago, floater said:

My understanding is that there are resident experts in the art of sailing near at hand.

Why is Auckland known as the city of Sails?

More than 500,000 sailboats and yachts in various sizes are anchored and moored at marinas within the city.

what a farce this is. 

the comedian in charge of this operation. its so utterly preposterous where this cup sits right now.

Lots of people sail in Auckland, sailing is huge in NZ.

500,000 sailboats anchored in Auckland, and NONE have or will compete in the Americas cup.

Rugby is huge in NZ too. Should we just keep hosting the RWC too? 

Who's going to pay for that?

You?

13 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

@Forourselves

You and Richard Gladwell were wrong with DutchSail entering AC37!

Looks like it will only be ETNZ (Defender), INEOS Britannia (CoR), Alinghi, Luna Rossa and American Magic. S&S doesn't have the money.

Alinghi is a good pick-up. Even if they lose one of the teams from last time. The rest are vapor. 

3 hours ago, Xlot said:

Because he’s manifestly past his best by date

Ha. Is he though?

And, just out of curiosity, who would you suggest, RNZYS install in his stead?

Hmmm, I'm a bit dubious about those figures. The marinas are full of power boats these days. West Haven, and only a certain section of it, can berth deep draft yachts. Most of the Nth Island marinas can only berth 2-2.5m draft. Fine for power boats, iffy for big yachts. They're probably referring to the dinghy fleet - which is big.

2 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

Hmmm, I'm a bit dubious about those figures. The marinas are full of power boats these days. West Haven, and only a certain section of it, can berth deep draft yachts. Most of the Nth Island marinas can only berth 2-2.5m draft. Fine for power boats, iffy for big yachts. They're probably referring to the dinghy fleet - which is big.

Agree. There are fewer than 5,000 marina berths in Auckland (not including Kennedy Point, Waiheke).

But the point is well made we're a boating nation, I think.

• Like 1

THE TEAM

As the detail in the Protocol for the 37th America’s Cup illustrates the team and its 60+ staff already have not been sitting back doing nothing. It has been hammer down already on a number of projects.

It is no easy task putting the Protocol itself together, and Russell and Harry our in house legal team deserve a special mention to the long nights and many weekends of work to get that across the line with their counter parts are the Challenger of Record. Also the Class Rule led by Dan Bernasconi is like developing a legal document by having the ability to look into the future of innovation. These documents have been a priority to set the course for the other Challengers that have been standing by to see the roadmap ahead for AC37 before entering which a number of teams have already done.

Meanwhile the build team at the North Shore ETNZ build facility have been full on making great progress on the build of the prototype Hydrogen foiling Chase boat due for trial early next year. The design team have been progressing the exciting AC40 Class to be used in the Women’s and Youth America’s Cup events as well as setting the all-important foundations of the design tools to be used for the one AC75 permitted to build for the 37th America’s Cup.

picture-3-1.jpg picture-4-1.jpg

We are continuing to strengthen our team with a number of new hires and address a number of issues raised in a thorough team wide review after the end of AC36.

In addition to our amazing design, build and production teams, we have an incredibly strong sailing team with the Glenn, Andy, Josh, Ray all returning, as well as the new signing of Nathan Outteridge which has been very popular and provides a considerable addition of experience.

Furthermore the other part of our team- the RNZYS, our relationship remains as strong as it has ever been. It is this relationship and the strength and mutual respect of it that has made us the most formidable team in modern America’ Cup history, winning the America’s Cup four times since 1995. The link between club and team is the envy of all Challengers, but regrettably one that is being tested from the inside rather than externally.

In conclusion, the team is looking forward to clarifying any further misinformation that still exists for members on Thursday.

1 minute ago, Priscilla said:

Pete and Blair just on the telly “talking to TNZ waiting for a few things to drop into place”.. Certainly not sounding very effusive.

Tells me they have not signed with Alinghi, as some rumors have been suggesting.

1 minute ago, Priscilla said:

Pete and Blair just on the telly talking to TNZ waiting for a few things to drop into place? Certainly not sounding very effusive.

Most likely money.....They'd consider themselves pretty hot property - rightfully so one could argue. GD might need to see how sponsorship plays out as to whether he can afford the duo.

11 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Boating nation yup but the boats are primarily stinkpots not sailboats.

The value of moored yachts has plummeted primarily due to the excessive costs of hiring/owning marina berths and hard stand fees.

14 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Tells me they have not signed with Alinghi, as some rumors have been suggesting.

Pete and Blair in my opinion wouldn’t want to ever travel the Judas path Wussell the Rat and Billy Bunter took.

After all these years there still is a distinctive pong in the air wherever they are.

17 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

exactly the point. not sailing in the City of Sails? crap, it'd be like not holding the AC in SF - even when that 'best sailing amphitheater in the world' is the club's home waters. 

5 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Pete and Blair in my opinion wouldn’t want to ever travel the Judas path Wussell the Rat and Billy Bunter took.

After all these years there still is a pong in the air wherever they are.

Russel's so bad he even betrayed me - and I'm a Californian. lol.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Ha. Is he though?

And, just out of curiosity, who would you suggest, RNZYS install in his stead?

In order of preference:

- Rod Davis - just because I met the guy - or similar

- any one of the 500,000 Kiwi boat owners

- failing that and as a last resort, me

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, efrank said:

Burling and Tuke are going to end up on AM.  Wish AM could have landed Outteridge.

Not sure thats possible, AFAIK Burling and Tuke only have NZ passports so can only sail for NZ. Outteridge has an AU and NZ passport so he can only join ETNZ out of the last round teams.

Burling and Tuke could opt to consult for another team but that would have to be scenario where they help coach/train/2 boat test in return for runds to do their SailGP / TOR / Olympic dreams

40 minutes ago, JonRowe said:

their SailGP / TOR / Olympic dreams

this just seems weird to me. For a road cyclist, what is the ultimate: TDF or Olympics? The reality is that the Olympics are way down the list of significance for pretty much any pro. They might honor the Olympics, and it is an honor. But I have to say for a pro sailor - nothing is more important than the America's Cup.

therefore, imo, the only reason Burling and Tuke aren't on board with ETNZ is the E. If Dalts were to remove himself from the picture - and TNZ were to defend in home waters - is there any doubt that B&T would be onboard?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JonRowe said:

Burling and Tuke could opt to consult for another team but that would have to be scenario where they help coach/train/2 boat test 

Their input into a new boat design could also be valuable. I'm sure they will be involved in AC37, with one or another team, in some capacity. 

Not sure that ETNZ needs them any more than any other team, given the Nathan and Glenn signings and how many of the rest of the crew will be little more than cyclors/grunts.

1 hour ago, floater said:

therefore, imo, the only reason Burling and Tuke aren't on board with ETNZ is the E. If Dalts were to remove himself from the picture - and TNZ were to defend in home waters - is there any doubt that B&T would be onboard?

Yeah. A fair bit of doubt. Would they work for the likes of KHD, Dunphy, Farmer and Co?

4 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Yeah. A fair bit of doubt. Would they work for the likes of KHD, Dunphy, Farmer and Co?

Absolutely ZERO, ZERO Chance Pete & Blair would work withKHD, Dunphy, Farmer given how KHD and particularly Dunphy treating Grant Dalton. Remember: KHD called for Dalton to quit, resign, etc!

4 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Absolutely ZERO, ZERO Chance Pete & Blair would work withKHD, Dunphy, Farmer given how KHD and particularly Dunphy treating Grant Dalton. Remember: KHD called for Dalton to quit, resign, etc!

DG. Where the hell have you been, mate?

I've been slowly digging you out of the red and you're already back to -7. wtf?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sailbydate said:

well that's good old schultzy for ya, probably still distracted by  Tyson on roller blades, he may come right

4 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Where on earth do you get the idea KHD etc want to be running the team? Lol

Gee, I dunno, Stinger. Can't think for the life of me why a demand for GD's head on a platter, conditional on funding, would make me suspicious. Just getting slow in my old age I guess. ;-)

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Can you contact the Mod. There is a hidden Fake User called @porcorosso1337 who is given me these Negatives.

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Where on earth do you get the idea KHD etc want to be running the team? Lol

ikr?

my assumption is that B&T would be calling their own shots. seriously, wtf is NZ doing down there? These are two of the finest sailors in the world. 

2 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Gee, I dunno, Stinger. Can't think for the life of me why a demand for GD's head on a platter, conditional on funding, would make me suspicious. Just getting slow in my old age I guess. ;-)

It is suspicious no question. Sailby, I just I think once Grant has secured a HVA (Host Venue Agreement) everything else will fall into place.