The AC 37 has started, news and rumours

10 hours ago, Forourselves said:

As we all are. The difference between Myself and many others, is I don't stick around to see who the wall lickers are, or who enjoys the taste, unlike others who piss on the wall, grab their friends to see whose piss tastes best.

Then there's you, who watches from a distance, waits till everyone's gone, sneaks up to the wall, has a lick and then asks yourself why you keep licking piss off the wall.

As the person who is so openly against everything SailGP yet lead the post count in the thread you do indeed change the metaphor.

You're the guy in the alley with a beer glass collecting everyone's piss. After drinking all this piss, you claim you didn't need it in the first place but now have proof that GD's piss is the best

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On Hamish Ross and the Discrimination Issue: This will be long, pedantic, and legal.  I apologize for the length; read at your own risk. Hamish Ross has recently claimed on multiple occasion

I’m not calling this out for the sake of ostracizing you, nor to play PC police on a forum that is notorious for the opposite of that. I could just hit ignore, delete or whatever. I’m calling this out

Hilarious to watch Kiwis who've been around since AC35 twist themselves into intellectual pretzels to give ETNZ a pass on what they screamed bloody murder about when Oracle did it. Even Oracle di

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Nope. Thats where you just can't help yourself. I'm not forcing anyone to comment on anything I've said. 

I don't "seek" anything. I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks. People comment of their own free will.

Its not my fault you have no will power.

Oh, now I see. Basically, you are the Instagram fitness model who only posts in the interest of self expression. You don’t ask for people to comment on your tits, but when they do you absolutely have to correct them and say you’ve got the best tits in the world. Got it. 

is it possible to have a meaningful exchange with somebody who spells myself with a capital M? asking for a friend..

• Like 2
7 hours ago, shebeen said:

As the person who is so openly against everything SailGP yet lead the post count in the thread you do indeed change the metaphor.

I'm not openly against it. Its just not the AC so doesn't belong in the AC forum.

You don't see Sydney Hobart fans creating threads in the AC forum do you.

Lots of AC sailors in that race too.

Just SailGP fans, because they know no one cares about it. Evident by the dead SailGP thread in MA - where it belongs.

17 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

I'm not openly against it. Its just not the AC so doesn't belong in the AC forum.

You don't see Sydney Hobart fans creating threads in the AC forum do you.

Just SailGP fans, because they know no one cares about it. Evident by the dead SailGP thread in MA - where it belongs.

Moving goalposts again. What is that a symptom of? I wonder. It's a boat used in the AC before last so belongs here. Sydney Hobart in the AC forum? WTF? And you were very openly against it.

On 1/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, Stingray~ said:

I don’t get this latest fiasco. Did 4 invent the Internet? 

it couldn't have existed else where, or wasn't real until he himself had it

• Like 1
On 1/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, Forourselves said:

On 1/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, Forourselves said:

Then there's you, who watches from a distance, waits till everyone's gone, sneaks up to the wall, has a lick and then asks yourself why you keep licking piss off the wall.

I am 16 or more hours time difference so I miss the chance to see a flash of dick. Sadly, I can't piss on walls. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

I am 16 or more hours time difference so I miss the chance to see a flash of dick. Sadly, I can't piss on walls. 

:D Some of us old timers aren't so good at pissing on walls either, Clew. Even worse aboard and underway.

A little less messy to sit down, eh? ;-)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

:D Some of us old timers aren't so good at pissing on walls either, Clew. Even worse aboard and underway.

A little less messy to sit down, eh? ;-)

Never get any on my Louboutins ;)

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Never get any on my Louboutins ;)

Pretty flash sea boots, eh? :lol:

• Like 1

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/127574608/covid19-governments-redlight-move-sends-event-industry-into-a-spin

Major events across New Zealand have been cancelled and more are expected following the country’s move to the red traffic light setting at 11.59pm on Sunday.

And again... Dalts was right.

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/127574608/covid19-governments-redlight-move-sends-event-industry-into-a-spin

Major events across New Zealand have been cancelled and more are expected following the country’s move to the red traffic light setting at 11.59pm on Sunday.

And again... Dalts was right.

Wow, is there an AC going on currently? 

30 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

The Germans have a word for you: sitzpinkler 

(Not a joke, that really is what they call someone who does that)

oddball comment from a soap dodger......

17 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Nope, but now we know why it won't be in NZ.

Completely justified.

So now it's not the money that GD can't find from another country, it's covid... in 2 or 3 years - WTF?

Are you actually GD?

If so, please hurry up and lose and let adults run the show!

4 minutes ago, Liquid said:

So now it's not the money that GD can't find from another country, it's covid... in 2 or 3 years - WTF?

Are you actually GD?

If so, please hurry up and lose!

Its ALWAYS been Covid.

Covid is the reason for the lowball Government offer (which Dalts said was a reasonable one given the current environment) 

The lowball offer was the reason the negotiation ended and the rest is history.

So yes, the ultimate reason is Covid.

If not for Covid, the Government may have been in a position to make a better offer. 

Believe it or not, you can't put on an event like the AC with no planning.

7 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Its ALWAYS been Covid.

Covid is the reason for the lowball Government offer (which Dalts said was a reasonable one given the current environment) 

If not for Covid, the Government may have been in a position to make a better offer. 

You said there was a billion viewers awhile back. Those are huge numbers. Why would covid matter with numbers like that? Money should be flying in and they already had the Cup during covid. Seems like an excuse for GD just being a shitty money raiser. One airline and the government teat are gone, but he can't seem to adapt. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

You said there was a billion viewers awhile back. Those are huge numbers. Why would covid matter with numbers like that? Money should be flying in and they already had the Cup during covid. Seems like an excuse for GD just being a shitty money raiser. One airline and the government teat are gone, but he can't seem to adapt. 

I didn’t say there was. ACE said there was.

Like I’ve been telling you over and over and over again, TV numbers on their own aren’t the only selling point of the event.

Why does Covid matter? Hmmm no international tourists, which means no hospitality revenue, no Superyachts which means no work for the NZ Marine industry, no J Class regatta, which means no international revenue, no Youth Cup, which means the AC9F got put on hold and no teams allowed in, therefor no support either. speaks for itself. No Sydney Auckland race. All big money events. All major revenue events. All cancelled. No international visitors equals no money equals no return.

9 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

The Germans have a word for you: sitzpinkler 

(Not a joke, that really is what they call someone who does that)

Not that I know German, but 'sitzsprinkler' could be even more accurate. :-)

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

Wow, is there an AC going on currently? 

No, but Jacinda’s wedding’s been canceled - this has got to count for something

4 minutes ago, Xlot said:

No, but Jacinda’s wedding’s been canceled - this has got to count for something

Lucky escape for, Clarke. Just sayin...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, pusslicker said:

Do you guys read the reports, or just the headlines and like to throw numbers around with no context.

The reach was 1 billion which was largely made up of people reached via news segments.

The live audience was 68 million, which includes anyone watching the show live AND/OR delayed. This was triple the 22 million which tuned in for AC35.

Either way, those numbers make it clear sailing is still a niche sport on TV, and making it free to air again is the only solution that sponsors will accept because of the added reach it achieves. 

If Challengers increase to 4 or 5, then I'm sure sponsors will be expecting a live audience of 100,000,000, and a reach of 1.5B or more.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ChairborneRanger said:

Do you guys read the reports, or just the headlines and like to throw numbers around with no context.

The reach was 1 billion which was largely made up of people reached via news segments.

The live audience was 68 million, which includes anyone watching the show live AND/OR delayed. This was triple the 22 million which tuned in for AC35.

Either way, those numbers make it clear sailing is still a niche sport on TV, and making it free to air again is the only solution that sponsors will accept because of the added reach it achieves. 

If Challengers increase to 4 or 5, then I'm sure sponsors will be expecting a live audience of 100,000,000, and a reach of 1.5B or more.

Sorry, we’re using Four’s numbers. They’re far more amusing. No one wants your real, factual information!  We like laughing at that bumbling idiot!

14 minutes ago, ChairborneRanger said:

Fuck off asshole. 4 kept quoting the 1 billion viewers awhile back. He works himself into logical dead ends quite often and I like to see how he dances around it. We all get it's made up bullshit. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Its ALWAYS been Covid.

So he has the money/has always had the money?

after all it’s always been Covid…. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Lucky escape for, Clarke. Just sayin...

I heard they had a conversation that went like this -

Clark "Cindy dearest, I think we need to be honest and consider cancelling the wedding. I fucked the nanny."

Jacinda "Oh Clark, who cares, I fucked the whole country."

2 hours ago, pusslicker said:

Fuck off asshole. 4 kept quoting the 1 billion viewers awhile back. He works himself into logical dead ends quite often and I like to see how he dances around it. We all get it's made up bullshit. 

Read the release… asshole

youre the one who cherry picks things you like out of the release.

The truth shall set you free!

But I guess your thinking is your made up bullshit is more true than their made up bullshit right? Because that’s all your posts are, made up bullshit.

Ill tell you what isn’t made up bullshit. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

So he has the money/has always had the money?

after all it’s always been Covid…. 

No money, although there does seem to have been a surprise 80 million turn up since Auckland was told to piss off.

But Dalton, the greatest seer of a generation, has read the chicken entrails and swirled the dregs of his morning cuppa. The black cat stalked past and a magpie, we don't have crows, warble before sunrise.

It has all spoken to him, he realises that there is no way our borders will be open in another two years. The gods have spoken to one of their own. Blessed be Dalts, Lord of the wind and water.

So it is hard to blame a novice acolyte, like 4, from being enthralled with his godlyness and a believer in all things Dalty.

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

I heard they had a conversation that went like this -

Clark "Cindy dearest, I think we need to be honest and consider cancelling the wedding. I fucked the nanny."

Jacinda "Oh Clark, who cares, I fucked the whole country."

You missed the punchline though

Gissie "And I watched you both because I'm a cuck"

:D

2 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

You missed the punchline though

Gissie "And I watched you both because I'm a cuck"

:D

I doubt a sour old fuck like you would recognise a punchline if it hit you on the nose.

:)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Read the release… asshole

youre the one who cherry picks things you like out of the release.

The truth shall set you free!

But I guess your thinking is your made up bullshit is more true than their made up bullshit right? Because that’s all your posts are, made up bullshit.

Ill tell you what isn’t made up bullshit. WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

I have no interests in this so no reason to make shit up. GD on the other hand does. The fact that he can't find money says all that needs to be said about the bullshit tv numbers he put out.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

You are not a champion!

Champion of BS sure but not much else.

Some of your fellow Kiwi's won a boat race that they can't seem to afford to win again!

Please hurry up and lose!!!!!!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Liquid said:

You are not a champion!

Some of your fellow Kiwi's won a boat race that they can't seem to afford to win again!

Please hurry up and lose!!!!!!

Oh but I am, I am. As Jacinda says, "We are a team of 5 million"

If the COVID future is so unpredictable, and we don't know what state of lockdown any country will be in at any moment. it would seem stupid to constrain all the teams to be sailing in a particular (but as yet unnamed) country a long way before the event. Far better to allow them to practise in their own country where any lockdown or travel constraints would not be an issue.

Whereas if they can predict that will be OK, surely we can predict the event itself would be oK anywhere (a rare case where predicting further in the future has more certainty than closer because of how pandemics work)

30 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Who cares? Its not March 31st. There WILL be a venue.

Sounds like the gang was all back in Malaga again this past weekend making progress in the correct direction.

12 hours ago, rh3000 said:

How can he lose if he didn't win (as you claim)?

the assertation is that 4 hasn't won anything despite his claims of WE and being part of the team with Jacinda

not that Grant was on the boat the last two AC and for some people that means Grant hasn't won them either, you know the only person that wins is the skipper line that gets trotted out by the same people that state that Ben has never won the AC, even though he was on the boat in San fran

2 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

the assertation is that 4 hasn't won anything despite his claims of WE and being part of the team with Jacinda

not that Grant was on the boat the last two AC and for some people that means Grant hasn't won them either, you know the only person that wins is the skipper line that gets trotted out by the same people that state that Ben has never won the AC, even though he was on the boat in San fran

Accepting this is true, then why suggest that he hopes 4 'loses'... if one doesn't accept he's part of the winners, he can't be part of the losers...

Whe it all comes down to it, when all the bullshit is called out for what it is - BULLSHIT. When you ignore the white noise of people's feelings and all the hear/ say...

The Fact is people don't like/ don't agree with Dalton taking the event away from NZ. TOUGH S**T.

The FACT is, the DoG does not dictate that the Defence be held on, in or around the home waters of the Yacht Club defending the Cup. It does dictate hemisphere timeframes in which it must be held, but thats as far as it goes. As the Defender, RNZYS and/ or ETNZ has no obligation/ duty to defend in NZ.

As long as there is mutual consent between D and C, and the hemisphere clauses have been satisfied, thats it, game over.

That is literally all that matters when it comes to defending the Cup.

Alinghi broke with tradition when they took the defence offshore (away from the home waters of SNG), to Spain. 

Oracle broke that tradition again when they took the defence to Bermuda.

You can agree with what both teams did, or you can disagree with what both teams did, but the fact of the matter is, it DID HAPPEN. Therefor, there is no reason why it can't/ shouldn't happen again.

But Dalts, but GD, but Grumpy, may have a few million hard earned dollars, and have some near billionaire friends, he is not a Bertarelli or an Ellison. In fact he is a just a crooked bookkeeper who has only won 2 RTW races, and 2 AC's with huge teams to control. He actually could possibly have won 3 RTW's if he had not listened to his future ex, big mistake indeed (true story).

But, but, in the end Dalts will defend the Cup in the best possible way, the best for the event and the best for the team and NZ. No doubt about that. All the mischievous haters here carry on and on and on, piss on the wall or in your tinfoil hats, whatever. It doesn't matter, not at all.

Just saying.

• Like 2

nobody resents Dalton because of his seamanship - its because of his salesmanship. the fact that he dgaf about the defending club cheapens the AC for all of us. I guess most AC fans like to think it a contest between nations - it ups the significance and the suspense - Dalts is actively thumbing his nose at that concept.

• Like 1

the naked exploitation of the cup certainly an eye opener, and Doha pretty much put me over the edge. However, the notion of a nice regatta in Europe more palatable. Still, as for Dalts getting us to this place. not a fan.

I still shake my head at the fact that he wants to take TNZ overseas.

• Like 1

Every sport exploits itself. The simple fact is there isn't the cash in NZ while Covid is still running the show.

If you can't find it at home, you have to find it somewhere else.

In the current AC multi-even, multi-venue , multi boat paradigm, even without covid would there be enough "money in NZ"?

Will there ever be?  Last time there was "enough" money in NZ was way back WHEN...2003 and 2007 with IACC boats....?

18 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

In the current AC multi-even, multi-venue , multi boat paradigm, even without covid would there be enough "money in NZ"?

Will there ever be?  Last time there was "enough" money in NZ was way back WHEN...2003 and 2007 with IACC boats....?

All GD needs is a mega airline, with access to unlimited bums on seats. No wait.....

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Every sport exploits itself. The simple fact is there isn't the cash in NZ while Covid is still running the show.

If you can't find it at home, you have to find it somewhere else.

There is a ton of freshly printed money out there. GD just isn't good at selling his mediocre product. Covid isn't an excuse when this is a sport that has no paying spectators and is based solely on tv revenue. 

Just popped in here after a month to see if there was any scuttlebutt on where the cup would be. Looks like it’s still guys calling each other cunts, fuck your mother, in Dalts we trust and FourO doesn’t give a FUCK if you think he’s batshit. Okey dokey see ya in March.

I wonder how Brexit is coming along…

1 hour ago, loneshark64 said:

Just popped in here after a month to see if there was any scuttlebutt on where the cup would be. Looks like it’s still guys calling each other cunts, fuck your mother, in Dalts we trust and FourO doesn’t give a FUCK if you think he’s batshit. Okey dokey see ya in March.

Brexit is a non sequitur compared to the kiwi civil war of taking the AC offshore. Last cycle I disappeared for 3 years and forgot my password. I now think that was a better option.

Not sure about March. How about July?

• Like 1
On 1/24/2022 at 9:42 AM, pusslicker said:

Calm down angry little man. I know "facts" often seem hard to grasp for you, but no need to start every other post with Fuck Off!

4 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Brexit is a non sequitur compared to the kiwi civil war of taking the AC offshore. Last cycle I disappeared for 3 years and forgot my password. I now think that was a better option.

Not sure about March. How about July?

The Kiwi civil war started a long time before they took it off shore. Well I guess it's not technically off shore if nobody is buying.

30 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

With a bit of luck, that fucking burglar, GD will be grossing 130% ON EACH ONE.

A bit like those people who say they pay 130% income tax.

The big question for the deplorables here is where all this money is coming from. Got to be from creative accounting and bitcoin speculation, Covid assistance, social securiy, and not to forget Dumbphy's Home Defence.

23 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Oracle broke that tradition again when they took the defence to Bermuda.

You just don't get it!

Oracle could pay it's bills with US dollars regardless of where in the world they sailed....

TNZ, not so much!

TNZ - maybe, brought to you by another nation's $$$!

39 minutes ago, Liquid said:

You just don't get it!

Oracle could pay it's bills with US dollars regardless of where in the world they sailed....

TNZ, not so much!

TNZ - maybe, brought to you by another nation's $$$!

Who cares who pays for it!?

There's probably more money been pumped into Team NZ over the years by sponsors and private backers than there has been from the NZ Government.

Team NZ won the cup in 2017 with no government money.

So why does it matter who pays for it?

Larry had all the money in the world but had a shit sales pitch and was told to fuck off by San Francisco.

Its not about who has the most money.

Again, Larry had all the money in the world but got his ass kicked by the one team he tried and failed to get rid of.

20 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Who cares who pays for it!?

So why does it matter who pays for it?

Its not about who has the most money.

You should care that a foreign country will pay for your 'national' team to defend and hopefully lose the Cup, quickly! You should care............

But, you really, really just don't get it!

Back in the day, sailors on the roster, shore or on deck, got 3 meals, a bed and a t-shirt!

$ doesn't matter = you are a fool!

1 hour ago, Liquid said:

You should care that a foreign country will pay for your 'national' team to defend and hopefully lose the Cup, quickly! You should care............

But, you really, really just don't get it!

Back in the day, sailors on the roster, shore or on deck, got 3 meals, a bed and a t-shirt!

$ doesn't matter = you are a fool!

No, its YOU who doesn't get it!

Team NZ  has had Emirates Airlines (owned by the UAE) as a major sponsor since 2004. A foreign government has effectively been paying for Team NZ for 14 years! In that time they've won the Cup twice. 

No one cares. Its the means to an end. 

The NZ government by their own admission is simply an investor. A sponsor. They INVEST in Team NZ like any other sponsor does.

If not the NZ government, another government will INVEST in Team NZ and they will become a sponsor as well.

Thats the way it works.

13 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

There's a never-ending Brexit thread on the main Sailing forum where, if you are so very interested, you can also find a handful of people throwing insults at each other including, weirdly, a Dutchman with an obsession over the subject. My desire to see the discussion reproduced here is less than zero. 

6 hours ago, ChairborneRanger said:

Thanks mate! This is very interesting. Only 8 ordered thus far.

Meaning...
2 for TNZ (Women's & Youth AC)
2 for INEOS (Women's & Youth AC)
2 for Alinghi (Women's & Youth AC)
2 for Luna Rossa (Women's & Youth AC)

This means that American Magic isn't an Official Challenger yet.

Not sure if this podcast has ever been posted here, but this interview with Ken Read is pretty interesting, with some tidbits about the last AC. It is over 6 months old.

https://podtail.com/podcast/bar-karate-podcast/bar-karate-the-sailing-podcast-ep113-ken-read/?fbclid=IwAR259eGGhGu1KKdRBvphruXQYroWBIFpfbIN-f54II4URmchtuCTpxRX2I8

• Like 1