Jump to content

Fricking Andy Dalton, Bear down... UGH...


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

he's there for backup...  i'm sure the bears will draft the next big white dope,  either mac jones or kyle trask

10 mill is a lot for a backup. He is there to start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

he's there for backup...  i'm sure the bears will draft the next big white dope,  either mac jones or kyle trask

Well then they should have just kept Foles.  This is stupid.  Donno if I could have stomached 3 1's and 3 3's and 2 young players for Wilson ether.....  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, us cheeseheads are happy with the move.  :)  I feel for the Bears fans though.  Not sure what that organization is up to. 

I am sure the exact number has been brought up on the sports talk shows, but the Bears have had like 20 quarterbacks in the time Green Bay had Favre and Rogers, excluding a few games when Rogers was injured or held out of late season games when result did not matter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BayRacer said:

Well, us cheeseheads are happy with the move.  :)  I feel for the Bears fans though.  Not sure what that organization is up to. 

I am sure the exact number has been brought up on the sports talk shows, but the Bears have had like 20 quarterbacks in the time Green Bay had Favre and Rogers, excluding a few games when Rogers was injured or held out of late season games when result did not matter.

Sigh...  39 have started since Mcmahon...  And you have 2...  Fucking peckerhead...  LOL.  Had a split bears packers helmet as a kid.  Chose the bears..  Sigh.  I was a dumb kid...  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

10 mil is to take the punishment until they think the next great white dope is "ready"

Who is that going to be? Unless they trade up they aren’t getting one of the top qbs coming out this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, shaggy said:

What the actual Fuck??  We go from the Desaun Watson and Russel Wilson lottery to this.  Jesus..  I don't have the words... 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31077302/sources-chicago-bears-qb-andy-dalton-agree-1-year-10m-deal

Well, to follow-up on this, I think Chicago might be better off having failed at trying to get Wilson.  In the short-term, they may not have improved at QB, but the stories floating around this afternoon about what they offered Seattle could have have cost them for years (3 first round picks, couple of current starters plus a mid draft pick or two).  They need to get better at drafting, not mortgaging their future for someone in their mid to late career path.  Not every NFL QB will make it into their late 30's or 40's like Brees or Brady.

The NFL wouldn't like to hear it, but I think they have a few too many teams for the available talent pool.  They talk about "parity," but there just are not that many good players to fill out 32 rosters for them all to be competitive with one another.  Well, with the exception of the NFC East last year.  They were competitive with each other, just not the rest of the league.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, shaggy said:

What the actual Fuck??  We go from the Desaun Watson and Russel Wilson lottery to this.  Jesus..  I don't have the words... 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31077302/sources-chicago-bears-qb-andy-dalton-agree-1-year-10m-deal

Deshaun Watson is being accused of sexual assault by multiple women so you may have dodged a bullet.  I think you guys are too inept to select Trask.  He’s likely going to Seattle or the Steelers (where I predict he’ll be a star) but it would be a cool follow up to the “Sexy Rexy” era.:P

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Deshaun Watson is being accused of sexual assault by multiple women so you may have dodged a bullet.  I think you guys are too inept to select Trask.  He’s likely going to Seattle or the Steelers (where I predict he’ll be a star) but it would be a cool follow up to the “Sexy Rexy” era.:P

Please, Deshaun did nothing to piss off the redneck mafia. It's not like he knelt or anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Deshaun Watson is being accused of sexual assault by multiple women so you may have dodged a bullet.  I think you guys are too inept to select Trask.  He’s likely going to Seattle or the Steelers (where I predict he’ll be a star) but it would be a cool follow up to the “Sexy Rexy” era.:P

probably a smear campaign financed by the houston's owners..  get's rid of Deshaun and finds a way not to pay him... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

probably a smear campaign financed by the houston's owners..  get's rid of Deshaun and finds a way not to pay him... 

would not put it past them...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Please, Deshaun did nothing to piss off the redneck mafia. It's not like he knelt or anything.

That - although now that the old McNair is DTS that might change.  I am hoping that Deshaun is innocent but the women are lining up by the day so it doesn't look good for him. It's not like he's Robert Kraft you know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fakenews said:

would not put it past them...

why not a poison pill,  now another team won't touch him until this is resolved..   personally, I hope it ain't so,  it seems strange, with his money he could get $5000 ladies all day long if not a lot of volunteers, why go the krafty route,

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 11:24 PM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

why not a poison pill,  now another team won't touch him until this is resolved..   personally, I hope it ain't so,  it seems strange, with his money he could get $5000 ladies all day long if not a lot of volunteers, why go the krafty route,

The allegations keep mounting, now up to 13.  Hard to see how this could help the Texans, certainly bad for Watson.  https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/texans/article/texans-qb-deshaun-watson-sexual-assault-lawsuits-16043652.php

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bears have been a mediocre club for a long time.  Basically since 1985. With all the coaches and QB's that go through the team's revolving doors, the blame has to sit on the ownership. The owners get rich by doing and spending nothing and let us fans pay for their mediocrity.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 12:12 PM, BayRacer said:

Well, us cheeseheads are happy with the move.  :)  I feel for the Bears fans though.  Not sure what that organization is up to. 

I am sure the exact number has been brought up on the sports talk shows, but the Bears have had like 20 quarterbacks in the time Green Bay had Favre and Rogers, excluding a few games when Rogers was injured or held out of late season games when result did not matter.

You could be a lions fan......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Dolphins just traded the third pick (which they got from Houston) to the 49ers for the number 12 pick, a third round pick this year, and first round picks in 22 and 23. 

Wow.

Definitely looking for their franchise QB then. 

 

WL

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, White Lightning2 said:

Wow.

Definitely looking for their franchise QB then. 

 

WL

 

 

That is a huge investment for the Niners.  They have to be going after a QB. That Jets pick is interesting. They must have a guy that they really want more than Darnold. 

I'm a bit disappointed for the Dolphins, in that I was hoping to see them land Sewell, one of the stud receivers or Kyle Pitts at that third spot. Those guys will be gone by 12, probably, but maybe not. They still have the 18th pick. My disappointment is tempered by them getting another third round pick this year (they already have two first and two second rounders), as well as two first rounders in 22 and 23. That will make four straight years of having two first round picks, thanks to Laremy Tunsil. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Niners almost have to as they are in a tough salary cap spot this year, but they are dead next year. One more year of Glass-knee Jimmy and they can let that contract go and afford some depth around the 2nd year guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/17/2021 at 10:07 AM, shaggy said:

What the actual Fuck??  We go from the Desaun Watson and Russel Wilson lottery to this.  Jesus..  I don't have the words... 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31077302/sources-chicago-bears-qb-andy-dalton-agree-1-year-10m-deal

Passing up Mahomes and Watson in favor of Trubisky should have prepared us for this last dumb fuck move.  But it didn't.  I keep expecting the Bears to do something half-way smart, which, I guess, qualifies me for being insane.  We'll know somebody in the head office is wising up once they fire Ryan Pace.  Until then, expect stupid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In other NFL news the Bucs have the entire damn team of starters returning and May also resign Antonio Brown.  The Glazers and the GM aren’t known for their competence so this is refreshing for us long suffering fans

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...