Some J models like the J/95 and the J/109 have a transom locker as an option. Does anyone know if these are available from J and what they might cost? I tried calling J, but no reply so far...

When I bought my J/109 the "transom locker" wasn't an option, it was standard with the base boat.  It was a great thing to have, and we loved it!  But not sure they built them as "separate options" that you can buy later...

I read just a few days ago that the Irish J/109 group is having a batch of these manufactured. Shipping this back from Europe just might be cheaper than trying to have one custom built. Sounded like they were finalizing orders soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 2:39 AM, George Dewey said:

How would you install it?

J/109 the locker is removable, sits on two raised fore and aft ridges ~ 1/2" high so water can drain underneath the locker.  It has a screw with a handwheel on port and stbd side that goes through the side of the locker to a captive stainless threaded insert glassed into the hull.