Active shooter in Boulder

Multiple fatalities.  Shooter armed with AR 15, extended mags and SWAT style tactical gear.

You can tell we’re coming out of the pandemic because the gun nuts are emerging from under their rocks again.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shot this photo in 2003 when I was working as a photo journalist. In the last few days it has been showing up in meme form all over Facebook and Twitter. The photo is from a lock down drill in a kin

It is this shit that needs to be ended: This can stay: In what seems quaint, I remember when guns meant goose or venison on the table, not buying weapons of war to make yourself

He sure seemed to have missed THAT message. Since he mentioned abortion, let's run with that - 

Posted Images

This is not the time to politicize a violent event.  Lets take a moment to give our thoughts and prayers to the Asian American community of Atlanta good people of Boulder Colorado.

Some balding middle aged white guy was taken out in cuffs, wearing nothing but shorts, with blood running down his leg... Maybe he tried to shoot his own dick off because he was being sexually tempted by obese white women at a sooper market.

(Or maybe he was a victim, and was only in cuffs until they ascertained that he wasn't the shooter)

But really.... Who wouldn't be at least a little apprehensive of a guy in a flak jacket with an AR walking into a supermarket?

3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Some balding middle aged white guy was taken out in cuffs, wearing nothing but shorts, with blood running down his leg... Maybe he tried to shoot his own dick off because he was being sexually tempted by obese white women at a sooper market.

(Or maybe he was a victim, and was only in cuffs until they ascertained that he wasn't the shooter)

But really.... Who wouldn't be at least a little apprehensive of a guy in a flak jacket with an AR walking into a supermarket?

But isn't the goal of the ammosexuals for it to be legal everywhere to do just that?

2 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Not a good look for the police.  They claim not to know how many people were killed in the Supermarket.  “Still processing the scene”

Ridiculous.

Not really. It's called holding your hand close to your chest.

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Not a good look for the police.  They claim not to know how many people were killed in the Supermarket.  “Still processing the scene”

Ridiculous.

What's it to you?  The dead will still be dead tomorrow.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

But isn't the goal of the ammosexuals for it to be legal everywhere to do just that?

Yeah, you're correct. Maybe the bald guy was a good guy with a gun, that shot his own dick off because he forgot to pull it out of his waistband before he pulled the trigger.

5 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Not really. It's called holding your hand close to your chest.

What?  The appropriate answer is either

1) the #

2) We’re not releasing that until we notify next of kin

Not “we don’t know”.

• Downvote 1

Apparently one of the first people shot was a woman in line to get a Covid vaccine......

Coinky dink?

4 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

What's it to you?  The dead will still be dead tomorrow.  

It a bullshit answer.  They’re in over their heads already.  Let the FBI handle this.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

What?  The appropriate answer is either

1) the #

2) Were not releasing that until we notify next of kin

Not “we don’t know”.

Maybe they don't know yet. There could be wounded people hiding in closets, or behind a wall of canned ham.....

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

It a bullshit answer.  They’re in over their heads already.  Let the FBI handle this.

Simple question, why do you care?  The number will be reported.  

Turn on CBS and watch Michigan beat LSU.

4 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Maybe they don't know yet. There could be wounded people hiding in closets, or behind a wall of canned ham.....

They said there were no serious injuries.  So I’m guessing g they managed to count the dead in the process.  Unless there are hundreds of dead people.

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Simple question, why do you care.  The number will be reported.  

Turn on CBS and watch Michigan beat LSU.

Man the Big 10 has embarrassed  themselves in this tournament.  

1 hour ago, Teener said:

This is not the time to politicize a violent event.  Lets take a moment to give our thoughts and prayers to the Asian American community of Atlanta good people of Boulder Colorado.

As long as the nuts ramp up the killing, we’ll never have to move past the TP stage.

8 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

They said there were no serious injuries.  So I’m guessing g they managed to count the dead in the process.  Unless there are hundreds of dead people.

Dead people don't count as "Serious injuries"? I'd call death pretty fucking serious.

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

At least 6 killed including a police officer. Bad day person in custody. 

In custody? Must be white.

1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

Black or brown guy would have been turned into Swiss cheese on the spot.

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

Black or brown guy would have been turned into Swiss cheese on the spot.

Yep

Boulder Police Respond To Armed, Dangerous Person Inside Home

Police say they investigated a report of an armed and dangerous person inside a home. Police now say that incident is unrelated to the shooting at the King Soopers.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/03/22/boulder-police-armed-dangerous-17th-grove/

was he pissed some nigra took a knee, 'feminists', war on christmas, 'environmental regulations'?

fry his ass.

Just now, 3to1 said:

was he pissed some nigra took a knee, 'feminists', 'environmental regulations'?

fry his ass.

I'm guessing he thought he was helping the woman in the vax line by killing her before she got the tracking chip injected into her arm.

When will we start doing psychological testing in Public Schools. It should start around 6 years old and continue right to Highschool.

Maybe we could have caught Jeffery Dahmer and a host of Murders too. I understand that people who kill usually start by torturing their family pets or local animals. But sometimes people just snap too.

20 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

When will we start doing psychological testing in Public Schools. It should start around 6 years old and continue right to Highschool.

Yes, psych evaluations and many other thing for the youth. That will happen when the schools have all the money they need and the military has bake sales to raise money. I.e. never.

• Like 1

I got nothing, except FN - do you have to be the first to jump in with bs crap to exploit this? Give it a rest. These tragedies will not be ending anytime soon and being an asshole doesn't help anyone.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I got nothing, except FN - do you have to be the first to jump in with bs crap to exploit this? Give it a rest. These tragedies will not be ending anytime soon and being an asshole doesn't help anyone.

I’m not exploiting anything.  Would you have preferred to be first to post this?  I’ve been the first to post the news on the last two mass murders but plenty of other shootings have had threads started by others.  

Give it a restyourself.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

gotta disagree mate , silence may be comforting BUT it certainly is not the answer .

10 minutes ago, El Borracho said:

military has bake sales to raise money

utopia

4 minutes ago, Mid said:

gotta disagree mate , silence may be comforting BUT it certainly is not the answer .

It's not what, it's how it's done. FN may have changed his ID, hasn't changed his stripes.  Will always be the thin skinned gator.

• Like 1

I usually stay out of this cesspool of PA. But this time I want to contribute an opinion. 

We keep heading down this road of freedom from consequence. With LE chastised (and rightfully so sometimes) to the point of being essentially ineffectual. Random violence is increasing and with it, the clutch is slipping in people who might otherwise think twice about their action. This is just my opinion. But if we don't start having consequences for actions, I believe this will only get worse.

Chicago had 24 shootings this last weekend, 4 of them fatal. That's an average weekend for them. No one seems to be decrying that violence. 

While I understand that this is a complex issue that is not solved by sound bites and platitudes. It seems that there needs to be a line drawn somewhere and that people recognize that some people, no matter the race, are just flat evil and need to be effectively mitigated.

Until this dystopian slide into anarchy stops, I recommend avoiding crowded locations. This is only going to get worse.

WL

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

I usually stay out of this cesspool of PA. But this time I want to contribute an opinion. 

We keep heading down this road of freedom from consequence. With LE chastised (and rightfully so sometimes) to the point of being essentially ineffectual. Random violence is increasing and with it, the clutch is slipping in people who might otherwise think twice about their action. This is just my opinion. But if we don't start having consequences for actions, I believe this will only get worse.

Chicago had 24 shootings this last weekend, 4 of them fatal. That's an average weekend for them. No one seems to be decrying that violence. 

While I understand that this is a complex issue that is not solved by sound bites and platitudes. It seems that there needs to be a line drawn somewhere and that people recognize that some people, no matter the race, are just flat evil and need to be effectively mitigated.

Until this dystopian slide into anarchy stops, I recommend avoiding crowded locations. This is only going to get worse.

WL

We may want to approach the level of policing the Brits had during the terrors. Pretty awful thought.

Here's one of your elected leaders, setting the example high for every American to emulate.

Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol | Daily Mail  Online

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

Maybe we could have caught Jeffery Dahmer and a host of Murders too. I understand that people who kill usually start by torturing their family pets or local animals. But sometimes people just snap too.

Just public schools?  Why not private schools, as well?

22 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

WL

You seem to recognise the problem.

Do you think a right to gun ownership is a good thing in that context?

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You seem to recognise the problem.

Do you think a right to gun ownership is a good thing in that context?

For people that can't act civilized? Definitely not. But then I also think that 3/4 of the people issued drivers licenses shouldn't have them, you shouldn't be allowed to vote til you're 25 and no one should be allowed to hold political office over the age of 60. 

Curious what you think that has to do with accountability in the general sense?

WL

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Just public schools?  Why not private schools, as well?

Private schools is where "troubled kids" get sent instead of having to go to reform school. Ever heard of "The Tilton School?"

1 minute ago, White Lightning2 said:

3/4 of the people issued drivers licenses shouldn't have them

probably more .

1 minute ago, White Lightning2 said:

you shouldn't be allowed to vote til you're 25

if you can die for it ( active service ) you can vote .

2 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

no one should be allowed to hold political office over the age of 60. 

too arbitrary , for sure there needs to be checks , akin to a commercial DL would be a starting point , possible some would be flicked a lot earlier .

15 minutes ago, White Lightning2 said:

For people that can't act civilized? Definitely not. But then I also think that 3/4 of the people issued drivers licenses shouldn't have them, you shouldn't be allowed to vote til you're 25 and no one should be allowed to hold political office over the age of 60. 

Curious what you think that has to do with accountability in the general sense?

WL

Total accountability is never going to be achieved. It hasn't in the past, it won't in the future.

Taking away the more efficient killing tools off the not yet psychos is the best solution there is, unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Nice! said:

Why is this even news when it happens every week?

It’s not when it’s black kids in Chicago. It is when it’s white folks in the burbs

1 hour ago, Keith said:

Here's one of your elected leaders, setting the example high for every American to emulate.

Gun-toting congresswoman-elect may carry Glock at Capitol | Daily Mail  Online

2 hours ago, White Lightning2 said:

Murder rates in the US are down substantially over the past 40 years. Chicago is not even in the top ten cities with the highest homicide rates. 

The problem is serious, but not being able to put things in context does not help. 

Stop watching/listening to the Reich Wing news. 

I spent a lot of time in that King Soopers store back in the day. CU married student housing is only a few blocks away. 

I'll wager Clean spent a good deal of time there too. 

Nothing whatsoever protectionistic about AR-15's. They are for offense, not defense. 

My contempt for Gunz Nutz grows daily. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

fail to see how I could have further .

MONDAY, MARCH 15, 2021

On Friday evening, a judge in the Centennial state gave law-abiding gun owners something to celebrate.

He ruled that the city of Boulder’s ban on possessing and transferring commonly-possessed “assault weapons” and ten-round magazines was preempted by state law and struck them down.

This was an NRA-ILA supported case.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20210315/victory-in-colorado-preemption-case

7 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I can’t like this post ....

but sadly yes 

Mass shooting in and around Denver/Boulder

Columbine

Aurora Theater

STEM school

King Soopers

Arapahoe High School

Deer Creek Middle School

Thornton Walmart

Is there something in the water?

7 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Columbine

Aurora Theater

STEM school

King Soopers

Arapahoe High School

Deer Creek Middle School

Thornton Walmart

Yeah, it's called ice.

18 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Columbine

Aurora Theater

STEM school

King Soopers

Arapahoe High School

Deer Creek Middle School

Thornton Walmart

Their God given right to arm themselves with they please

1909644118_stateflag.thumb.jpg.8d9f2fa382bf2b1355faf7c7e37549c2.jpg

Dammit.  It's been so long without our regular schedule of mass murder (thanks COVID!) that I forgot all about etiquette. We are not supposed to be talking about this one yet. It's only now starting to be appropriate to discuss the one in Atlanta...except that has been pushed out of memory by this latest one, which we are not supposed to be discussing until the next one happens.  

Please make a note of it and be more tasteful. 

8 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

The waters fine. It’s when you mix it with the cool aid things start to go off the rails. 

There was an interesting article in the NYT recently about LSD, and magic mushrooms to treat all sorts of issues from seizures, to ptsd, to addiction, etc.

Apparently, it was fairly widely used in clinical settings for a while before "the counter culture" found it, and started using it recreationally, and without proper dosing, and supervision, the inevitable happened.

Haven't read the thread as I was offline most of the afternoon yesterday, but...  My wife went to HS right there.  That was her local King soopers growing up....  More to come as I read through this.  

7 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

I spent a lot of time in that King Soopers store back in the day. CU married student housing is only a few blocks away. 

I'll wager Clean spent a good deal of time there too. 

Nothing whatsoever protectionistic about AR-15's. They are for offense, not defense. 

Wifie lived there with her mom when she was in grad school.  Her HS is right there...  I am not going to explain how this is so not boulder, but neither was Columbine, the aurora shooting is debatable, but that was not in a awful part of aurora...  Hell my kid was out with his buddies at a movie(It was a way earlier showing as he was like 16) that night a couple miles away...  We are getting an inordinate amount of this shit.  It's gotta stop.  

Congresscreature Bieber’s has offered the obligatory, yet entirely meaningless, thoughts and prayers.  Her critics are having none of it.

Still getting up to speed on this.  So where were all the CC people while this guy just calmly walked around a stoopids and shoots people??  Where were the other true Americans that brought their newly legal ar to the grocery store to prevent just this type of thing.  Didn't one of the dudes have a gun in his truck??  Shit man, get with the program Boulder.  Liked the tanks and all the military gear they have for a bunch of student's...  LOL.  I guess they needed it...  Sigh...  What is this world coming to??  Fucking Boulder...  Probably the most liberal town outside of San fran in the country..  WTF...  

BTW, Mikie Post yet??  He lives in the area...  Well sort of, but tons closer than me and if he was running errands or something..  I would assume he would be all over this thread.  

45 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Congresscreature Bieber’s has offered the obligatory, yet entirely meaningless, thoughts and prayers.  Her critics are having none of it.

Sorry, damn auto spell.  Boebert

6 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Sorry, damn auto spell.  Boebert

right now, I'd take  Bieber over Boebert  ;-) 

Save your faux outrage about the ten deaths.
Yesterday the malicious dishonest policies of Donald John Trump caused 65 times as many deaths as the Boulder gunman

and

There will be hundreds more deaths today

and

The murderous psychopath Donald John Trump is still at large 

2 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

With a Muslim name.  Here we go.

where did you hear that?  I cant find name and one article said Police have not released the name of the gunman?

Authorities on Tuesday identified the suspect in the shooting deaths of 10 people at a King Soopers grocery store in Boulder, Colorado, as 21-year-old Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, whose brother said he was deeply disturbed.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/boulder-colorado-cops-identify-king-soopers-supermarket-massacre-suspect-as-ahmad-alissa?ref=home

25 minutes ago, roundthebuoys said:

With a Muslim name.  Here we go.

So, in the on deck circle, we have a few mosque bombings.  

One of victims' name and age matches with someone I used to work with.  Low odds, and I feel for all the victims, but it would make this personal.