Average Americans in Public???

Ah, this explains a lot. Our Business class fairs are about 4x the economy fair.

melb to perth economy between $650 and $950. Business class for same flights $2367. No impersonators or grifters in our business class thanks very much. :D

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all have our embarrassments....

I caught the tail end of the age when people used to dress to fly. Now it seems like a contest to see who can look the absolute shittiest. Unless I'm flying to the desert in the summer, I always

I agree. I am saddened there is no pride in people. The plane has turned into the bus.  My wife is always a little proud of me when we are across the pond and I am mistaken for a local. I was onc

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Ah, this explains a lot. Our Business class fairs are about 4x the economy fair.

melb to perth economy between $650 and $950. Business class for same flights $2367. No impersonators or grifters in our business class thanks very much. :D

WOW, that's steep!! How many miles is that?  Mapquest couldn't find them.  Even before Covid it cost less than $300 each, round trip Hartford, CT to Charleston, SC, 900 miles each way.  The last tickets were about $225.00.  I don't understand why many people ask, "Are you driving there?"  Maybe they are afraid of flying in these Covid times, but at 54 cents a mile it costs nearly $1,000 to drive, and 2 days of your time, plus a motel and a meal, unless you want to drive non-stop at night, for 15 or more hours.  The 90 minute commuter flights on United even had a beverage cart!  Have not seen that since pre-Covid times.

6 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

WOW, that's steep!! How many miles is that?  Mapquest couldn't find them.  Even before Covid it cost less than $300 each, round trip Hartford, CT to Charleston, SC, 900 miles each way.  The last tickets were about $225.00.  I don't understand why many people ask, "Are you driving there?"  Maybe they are afraid of flying in these Covid times, but at 54 cents a mile it costs nearly $1,000 to drive, and 2 days of your time, plus a motel and a meal, unless you want to drive non-stop at night, for 15 or more hours.  The 90 minute commuter flights on United even had a beverage cart!  Have not seen that since pre-Covid times.

2125 miles by road. one way.

Map from Melbourne, Victoria to Perth, Western Australia

Understand now why trackie daks and hoodie are de rigueur?

2 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Similar story.... wife was an exec in Airlines for the last several years and I got to travel a LOT all over the world on free or greatly reduced Tix in First or BC. The airline rule was that if you traveled on a staff ticket, you must dress well. I.e. no jeans, nice shirt/jacket, dress shoes  etc.  it became habit to where I won’t get on a plane now, even in economy without being halfway decently dressed up. It has added perks as well on several levels because you stand out so starkly from the riff raff cattle. You’re often upgraded first and you get better service on board. 

And yes, after the number of miles I’ve flown in the last 10 years - it’s not just Americans. By a long shot. 

Ahh the good old days where you could chat up a stewardess for free drinks or the counter gal for an upgrade  

If you have flown on most Asian carriers you realize there is no such thing as a 'good' U.S. airline. Those old angry cows they call flight attendants on American are the worst. Just plain mean old barking hyenas. Jet Blue is probably the best.  But they don't hold a candle to Singapore Airlines for instance where the food is actually good and the service is beautiful and friendly and the entertainment systems excellent as well. Same thing with ANA to Tokyo decades ago on a 747 with a bar you could sit at for hours with a seatbelt on the barstool.  

Deserves its own thread but Olympic was in a class of its own. Menus and  entertainment schedules were months old and didnt match what was on the system, but the system rarely worked anyway. Trans Atl overnight I hadnt seen the stew in hours so i rang the buzzer to get some water, nothing. Rang again and again, nothing. So i get up and walk to the galley where the Captain and cabin crew are having a smoke and coffee with the cockpit door wide open. Get my water and back to my seat. Couple hours after a snooze same thing. Walk up to the galley where the Captain and cabin crew are still having a smoke and coffee with the cockpit door wide open.  Greeks enjoy their cigs. Back of the plane you could cut the smoke with a knife.     Ahh the good old days. 

Anyway, if you have spent time in Costa del Golf, Marbella with all the drunken British golfers stumbling around the English pubs (NTTAWWT), they are right up there with kilt wearing Texans or speedo wearing Germans in the Caribbean all inclusive resorts.          

3 years ago I was headed to Dubai from San Francisco for a technical video shoot. My client would only pay for economy on Emerates despite the 18 hour flight and need to work the next day. I was dressed in nice jeans, good shoes, new dark tee and a hip stylish jacket. I made eye contact, a smile and a hello with the greeting flight attendants. I got to my seat and found the seat soaking wet. I acted cool, calm and waited for the flight attendant to come move me from the seat. It was one the same attendant that i greeted coming on board who came to help me. She said follow me which I did all the way to first class.  I got the most comfortable seat/bed, incredible food and drink service with a charming and smoking hot Ukrainain attendant, slept a full 8 hours and arrived fresh and ready for the day.  A first class one way ticket was $18,000 dollars or 16,000 more than my economy seat. Sadly going home I was not so lucky and flew with the cattle in the back.

1 hour ago, Black Jack said:

3 years ago I was headed to Dubai from San Francisco for a technical video shoot. My client would only pay for economy on Emerates despite the 18 hour flight and need to work the next day. I was dressed in nice jeans, good shoes, new dark tee and a hip stylish jacket. I made eye contact, a smile and a hello with the greeting flight attendants. I got to my seat and found the seat soaking wet. I acted cool, calm and waited for the flight attendant to come move me from the seat. It was one the same attendant that i greeted coming on board who came to help me. She said follow me which I did all the way to first class.  I got the most comfortable seat/bed, incredible food and drink service with a charming and smoking hot Ukrainain attendant, slept a full 8 hours and arrived fresh and ready for the day.  A first class one way ticket was $18,000 dollars or 16,000 more than my economy seat. Sadly going home I was not so lucky and flew with the cattle in the back.

Flying in ruling class is definitely better but not $16K better.

We always check on the cost of an upgrade at check in - sometimes it's only a few bucks and if it's not exorbitant we always go for it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Black Jack said:

If you can only upgrade one way I always try to do it on the way home on the longer trip against the jet stream and after a week of travel. 
Before Covid business/premium economy/first class was usually booked up very early. Will be interesting to see how it goes this year. Im sure it will sell out even earlier. 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

If you can only upgrade one way I always try to do it on the way home on the longer trip against the jet stream and after a week of travel. 
Before Covid business/premium economy/first class was usually booked up very early. Will be interesting to see how it goes this year. Im sure it will sell out even earlier. 

Coming home is brutal against the jet stream on those transoceans fights sitting in a middle section seating in economy. 

My wife is in the luxury travel business.  The wealthy are booking travel like crazy. The powerful booking flight desks are finding it hard to get first and business class tickets on nearly all international flights. Many of these well heeled are going all out since they didn"t "do anothing last year".   a family of four just booked an african safari with an European stopover tour. The airfare was over 100k. His extended family of 6 others coming in at 50k. They did not blink an eye at dropping 1/2 a M on thier 23 day vacation. The really nice guy said he made that money on interest in one day. Too bad he doesn't like sailing...

44 minutes ago, Black Jack said:

Coming home is brutal against the jet stream on those transoceans fights sitting in a middle section seating in economy. 

My wife is in the luxury travel business.  The wealthy are booking travel like crazy. The powerful booking flight desks are finding it hard to get first and business class tickets on nearly all international flights. Many of these well heeled are going all out since they didn"t "do anothing last year".   a family of four just booked an african safari with an European stopover tour. The airfare was over 100k. His extended family of 6 others coming in at 50k. They did not blink an eye at dropping 1/2 a M on thier 23 day vacation. The really nice guy said he made that money on interest in one day. Too bad he doesn't like sailing...

I once heard someone say, when he was asked how rich his family really was, that they couldn't spend the interest...... on the interest.

I have always found that being polite, patient and reasonable is by far the best approach to upgrades and perks.  If you go up to the counter agent when s/he is not busy and politely inquire if, when they have the time, could they check on an upgrade and then thank them and let them know where you'll be sitting and then patently wait and never pester them, you will likely be rewarded.  

It was also helpful to learn that those boarding pass reading machines at the gate can also print out new passes.  So I enquire as I board if there have been any no-shows or better seat availability come open.  They will check for you.  As you stand aside politely.  

2 hours ago, Black Jack said:

Why didn't they charter a private jet?

Our United flight from CHS, Charleston, SC to BDL, Hartford-Springfield was just cancelled due to equipment problem.  We could stay overnight and be back at 6 AM, but that's a PITA, so they switched us to American to Philly then to BDL, arriving around midnight.  So much for loving United, but shit happens...

Last time we went to Europe a couple years ago, it was British Airways, and Turkish Air.  Both were head and shoulders better than any US Carrier. Turkish Air had a chef with a toque, making the dinners, which were fabulous!  Transatlantic on BA had many first, or recent run movies to choose from, and a screen at every seat. 

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Wasteful, that's how the rich get and stay rich, no unecessary waste...

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

I asked that too. they all live in different places and want flexability.  They are taking a private jet to Paros, Greece to a rented super villa so they can unwind from Africa and have some nightlife and beach activities for "the kids".

7 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Wasteful, that's how the rich get and stay rich, no unecessary waste...

I was thinking it would be cheaper.

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I was thinking it would be cheaper.

I haven't checked on netjets in years, but I doubt it.

21 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Yes Ed, and just like always, some women have genetics that make them the way they are so there is an "excuse" 

that is pure bullshit for overweight people..    genetics makes all people the way they are, doesn't predisposition us for  excessive calorie intake.

8 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

Ahh the good old days where you could chat up a stewardess for free drinks or the counter gal for an upgrade  

If you have flown on most Asian carriers you realize there is no such thing as a 'good' U.S. airline.   

can i book you a flight on Malaysian Airlines  or maybe China Air..

Certainly not just Americans, Kiwis certainly will give you a run for your money on both the clothes and size.

Just spent a short break in hospital. Talking to the theatre nurses before going to sleep, they commented on how nice it will be for the surgeon to have easy access to my insides compared to most of the whales they get floundering around on the table.

A rare breed indeed the theatre nurse.

8 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

If you have flown on most Asian carriers you realize there is no such thing as a 'good' U.S. airline. Those old angry cows they call flight attendants on American are the worst. Just plain mean old barking hyenas. Jet Blue is probably the best.  But they don't hold a candle to Singapore Airlines for instance where the food is actually good and the service is beautiful and friendly and the entertainment systems excellent as well. Same thing with ANA to Tokyo decades ago on a 747 with a bar you could sit at for hours with a seatbelt on the barstool.  

Deserves its own thread but Olympic was in a class of its own. Menus and  entertainment schedules were months old and didnt match what was on the system, but the system rarely worked anyway. Trans Atl overnight I hadnt seen the stew in hours so i rang the buzzer to get some water, nothing. Rang again and again, nothing. So i get up and walk to the galley where the Captain and cabin crew are having a smoke and coffee with the cockpit door wide open. Get my water and back to my seat. Couple hours after a snooze same thing. Walk up to the galley where the Captain and cabin crew are still having a smoke and coffee with the cockpit door wide open.  Greeks enjoy their cigs. Back of the plane you could cut the smoke with a knife.     Ahh the good old days. 

Anyway, if you have spent time in Costa del Golf, Marbella with all the drunken British golfers stumbling around the English pubs (NTTAWWT), they are right up there with kilt wearing Texans or speedo wearing Germans in the Caribbean all inclusive resorts.          

The Big 3 Gulf Airlines are epic as well.  Emirates, Etihad and Qatar Business and First are a whole nother world.  Food is amazing, booze flows freely and often and the service is literally world class.  The First Class lavatory on the Emirates A380 is bigger than some hotel rooms I've been in.  You could get you and three tall Russian hookers in there and still not be cramped for space.  Five if they are Thai.  :lol:

And the stews are almost always stunning eastern european runway model quality ladies.  Even down to the white gloves and hats during boarding and deplaning.  I was too young to see have seen the US airlines like Pan Am, Eastern and such in their heyday of the white gloved stews - but the gulfie airlines definitely recreate that vibe to the tee.  

38 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

can i book you a flight on Malaysian Airlines  or maybe China Air..

Done a lot on internal Chinese flights. At times the food is so bad even the Chinese won't eat it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

Our United flight from CHS, Charleston, SC to BDL, Hartford-Springfield was just cancelled due to equipment problem.  We could stay overnight and be back at 6 AM, but that's a PITA, so they switched us to American to Philly then to BDL, arriving around midnight.  So much for loving United, but shit happens...

Last time we went to Europe a couple years ago, it was British Airways, and Turkish Air.  Both were head and shoulders better than any US Carrier. Turkish Air had a chef with a toque, making the dinners, which were fabulous!  Transatlantic on BA had many first, or recent run movies to choose from, and a screen at every seat. 

Turkish Air is very good. So was Norwegian for a discount airline. And Virgin.  But if a plane gets mechanical problems their whole schedule is fucked. BA just rolls a spare out from somewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

Turkish Air is very good. So was Norwegian for a discount airline. And Virgin.  But if a plane gets mechanical problems their whole schedule is fucked. BA just rolls a spare out from somewhere. 

In '79 we flew TAP, Portugese airlines, home from the Azores, where we left the Gulfstar 50 we were delivering to France.  Bad storm in North Atlantic in December.  Anemometer cups blew off at 80 knots.  Falling off 40 foot waves topped with 10 foot breakers.  Bent rudder, cracked bulhead to hull joints, and stern pulpit flattened to deck from braking wave tops.  Water blasted through lexan ports, making kindling out of teak doors in the aft cabin.  TAP was fabulous!  All the free wine and bread you could eat!!  Stews looked like NFL Linebackers, I would not give them any grief.

20 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

The Big 3 Gulf Airlines are epic as well.  Emirates, Etihad and Qatar Business and First are a whole nother world.  Food is amazing, booze flows freely and often and the service is literally world class.  The First Class lavatory on the Emirates A380 is bigger than some hotel rooms I've been in.  You could get you and three tall Russian hookers in there and still not be cramped for space.  Five if they are Thai.  :lol:

And the stews are almost always stunning eastern european runway model quality ladies.  Even down to the white gloves and hats during boarding and deplaning.  I was too young to see have seen the US airlines like Pan Am, Eastern and such in their heyday of the white gloved stews - but the gulfie airlines definitely recreate that vibe to the tee.  

My aunt, who was a New York fashion model, was a Pan Am stewardess on the first 707 transatlantic flight.  She was seriously gorgeous and she came off the airplane with her Paris layover calendar well planned.  Nicky Hilton arranged for a pretty nice hotel suite.  

Yep, people dressed for success.  

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

Certainly not just Americans, Kiwis certainly will give you a run for your money on both the clothes and size.

Just spent a short break in hospital. Talking to the theatre nurses before going to sleep, they commented on how nice it will be for the surgeon to have easy access to my insides compared to most of the whales they get floundering around on the table.

You're either a liar or you have some really unprofessional people working in your hospitals. Or perhaps you're just rephrasing :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

You're either a liar or you have some really unprofessional people working in your hospitals. Or perhaps you're just rephrasing :rolleyes:

Good old judgmental Bob. I really don't care about what you think of me. Your attitudes reek of your pommy heritage and are if no interest to those that live in a real world with real people.

7 hours ago, Black Jack said:

You really are so strange.

Is it so unusual for Americans to show courtesy to flight crew for you to think it awards you special treatment?

It was probably the only available seat left.

I've traveled all over the world on multiple occasions with two under fives in tow. Always been given "special treatment"

Rows blocked off for sleeping, upgrade to "proper" business class on full flights (with two tired kids after 40 hours traveling That was Austrian Airlines), help with luggage, extra pillows and blankets, toys, and a few extra G&T's for me . The flight crew would even take the older kid into the cockpit for a look and chat with the pilots or take the baby for an hour.

Of course being pleasant to the flight crew will get you a smile and any help they have time to offer in return. It won't get you bumped to  first class because you think you look like G Clooney.

5 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Good old judgmental Bob. I really don't care about what you think of me. Your attitudes reek of your pommy heritage and are if no interest to those that live in a real world with real people.

Nice catch :D

You really are so strange.

Is it so unusual for Americans to show courtesy to flight crew for you to think it awards you special treatment?

It was probably the only available seat left.

I've traveled all over the world on multiple occasions with two under fives in tow. Always been given "special treatment"

Rows blocked off for sleeping, upgrade to "proper" business class on full flights (with two tired kids after 40 hours traveling That was Austrian Airlines), help with luggage, extra pillows and blankets, toys, and a few extra G&T's for me . The flight crew would even take the older kid into the cockpit for a look and chat with the pilots or take the baby for an hour.

Good on ya mate! 

Not everyone looks like George Cluney. :)

2B32219800000578-0-image-m-66_1439028126079.jpg

No. I agree with Gisselle. The Dr.s, and techs, and nurses do appreciate a less than Stellar sea lion sized body.

Bull Stellar Sea Lion | Craig Mumby | Flickr

Almost looks like someone that we both have dealt with in the past, doesn't it Mel?

image.jpeg.b43a828f064a9f206220dbe22599b39e.jpeg

4 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
On 3/24/2021 at 4:20 PM, Shortforbob said:

Yes Ed, and just like always, some women have genetics that make them the way they are so there is an "excuse"

that is pure bullshit for overweight people..    genetics makes all people the way they are, doesn't predisposition us for  excessive calorie intake.

Exactly - if you are overweight you are eating too much - period.

"Big bones", genetics etc. etc. are just excuses for someone who eats too much.

We all have different metabolisms and have to eat to suit our own.

If I eat more than once a day I gain weight.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Perhaps if you stopped eating for longer than a sleep it wouldn't be such a problem...

46 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Want to try that again but making sense this time?

46 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Want to try that again but making sense this time?

You claim you only eat once a day, so perhaps if it wasn't a 16 hour meal, broken only by an 8 hour sleep, it wouldn't be such an issue.

Maybe chuck a bit of seal clubbing in the middle to break it up.

14 hours ago, Black Jack said:

The powerful booking flight desks are finding it hard to get first and business class tickets on nearly all international flights.

They aren't flying from Germany I guess.  I had to rebook my ticket to the US for the 4th time a couple of weeks ago because Covid keeps fucking up my travel plans.  I've been trying to get to the US to see my grand twins for a year now.  It's either lockdowns or the airline cancels flights.  When I rebooked my ticket to fly in August, and I went to select my seats in the business class section on the B787 flight from Munich to Newark, every seat was open.  United has a direct flight from Berlin to Newark and the bastards canceled the flight, so I have to go to Munich first.

7 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

No. I agree with Gisselle. The Dr.s, and techs, and nurses do appreciate a less than Stellar sea lion sized body.

Bull Stellar Sea Lion | Craig Mumby | Flickr

Almost looks like someone that we both have dealt with in the past, doesn't it Mel?

image.jpeg.b43a828f064a9f206220dbe22599b39e.jpeg

Of course they do, but it would be highly unprofessional to relate that preference in the terms described by Grissle, 

7 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

And I can eat as much cake, butter, cream and cheese as I choose and barely gain a kilo. That kilo I'll lose again in a week

Peoples metabolism is different. Middle age shifts women's weight to hips and belly. even I suffer from that (A little) and I've never had hips in my life :D

according to my GP it's almost impossible to shift it without strict dieting and serious exercise.

Of course if overweight people ate a carrot and a lettuce leaf twice a day, their weight would eventually drop.

It doesn't mean overweight people are overeaters. 

Just love all the dieticians on here.

11 hours ago, Gissie said:

The nurses were just chatting you up to make themselves feel less guilty about the naughty things they planned to do to you while you were asleep. Because, well, nurses.

:blink:

(Caveat: I’m married to one.)

On 3/25/2021 at 5:52 AM, SloopJonB said:

"I'm a slob... and proud of it".

I moved from corporate to retired in the country nearly 10 years ago.  My aim was to live a more simple life and blend in with the locals.

A few years into it I knew I was succeeding when at the local produce agency, to buy some fencing material, a local started a conversation with me.  I was wearing my old clothes and well worn Blundstone boots.

Him:  "This place ain't what it used to be, the guy on one side is a fucking doctor with a helicopter and the one on the other side I think must be a drug dealer, he doesn't work, doesn't have many cows and doesn't do much else with the place.  We are being invaded!  It's so fucked isn't it?"

Me: "Oh yeah it has definitely changed mate, they should all just fuck off if you ask me!"

He looked like the guy next door, so I must be the drug dealer?  I was happy with that, I was dressed like a local.

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

And I can eat as much cake, butter, cream and cheese as I choose and barely gain a kilo. That kilo I'll lose again in a week

Peoples metabolism is different. Middle age shifts women's weight to hips and belly. even I suffer from that (A little) and I've never had hips in my life :D

according to my GP it's almost impossible to shift it without strict dieting and serious exercise.

Of course if overweight people ate a carrot and a lettuce leaf twice a day, their weight would eventually drop.

It doesn't mean overweight people are overeaters. 

Just love all the dieticians on here.

And I just love your efforts to defend the mostly indefensible.  Keep digging Meli.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

And I just love your efforts to defend the mostly indefensible.  Keep digging Meli.

Dointe be meane........     she mabey needeng a niew shovelle to..........                 :)

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Dointe be meane........     she mabey needeng a niew shovelle to..........                 :)

I thought I phrased that nicely!

I can start a GoFundMe for a new shovel 'plus sized' for Meli.  Is that sailing nicey nice?  :)

• Like 1
14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

My wife is a fabulous cook and baker.  She thinks at 160 pounds I am unhealthily thin.  175 and BMI would say I'm overweight.   I only put as much fuel in the tank as I need to function highly, no more.  OTOH, I do have a penchant for Ben and Jerry's Vanilla Caramel Fudge!  :D

7 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

They aren't flying from Germany I guess.  I had to rebook my ticket to the US for the 4th time a couple of weeks ago because Covid keeps fucking up my travel plans.  I've been trying to get to the US to see my grand twins for a year now.  It's either lockdowns or the airline cancels flights.  When I rebooked my ticket to fly in August, and I went to select my seats in the business class section on the B787 flight from Munich to Newark, every seat was open.  United has a direct flight from Berlin to Newark and the bastards canceled the flight, so I have to go to Munich first.

No shit. Did you hear about the pandemic going on back in August? People with brains weren’t flying. 
This is one reason we’re all  fucked. Old Diseased bastards feel the need to fly around the world visiting grandkids. 

17 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Slippery greasy gloves do not make for an easy surgery.   

9 hours ago, Gissie said:

You claim you only eat once a day, so perhaps if it wasn't a 16 hour meal, broken only by an 8 hour sleep, it wouldn't be such an issue.

Maybe chuck a bit of seal clubbing in the middle to break it up.

That's what you call making sense?

Try again.

3 hours ago, Cristoforo said:

No shit. Did you hear about the pandemic going on back in August? People with brains weren’t flying. 
This is one reason we’re all  fucked. Old Diseased bastards feel the need to fly around the world visiting grandkids. 

Really asshole?  These are you words below and they aren't in the past tense.  

On 3/25/2021 at 5:32 PM, Cristoforo said:

I'm usually a nice guy but if you want to keep being a dick, which you usually are here, bring it on.  You are right about being an old diseased bastard, we agree on that much.  But I thought they had syphilis under control nowadays.  I guess not.

Some days, I just have had enough, sorry to the rest of you folks.

1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

Really asshole?  These are you words below and they aren't in the past tense.  

I'm usually a nice guy but if you want to keep being a dick, which you usually are here, bring it on.  You are right about being an old diseased bastard, we agree on that much.  But I thought they had syphilis under control nowadays.  I guess not.

Some days, I just have had enough, sorry to the rest of you folks.

Eat me you dumb Polack. It doesn’t say that, and I haven’t flown anywhere in over a year. The bulk of infections on the east coast came from travelers from Europe. 
Try to justify flying from Europe to the USA in August 2020 to visit grandkids. Talk about fitting a stereotype of an American dumbass.  You are a baboon. 

Apologies  to any other polacks on this board but I’ve just had enough of this guy! 

052221C4-2475-4288-9E1F-F52ACD77DC9F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Cristoforo said:

Eat me you dumb Polack. It doesn’t say that, and I haven’t flown anywhere in over a year. The bulk of infections on the east coast came from travelers from Europe. 
Try to justify flying from Europe to the USA in August 2020 to visit grandkids. Talk about fitting a stereotype of an American dumbass.  You are a baboon. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/CShCK5Dk53M4Qm7G8

Apologies  to any other polacks on this board but I’ve just had enough of this guy! 

You are funny Crisco.  August 2021 is several months from now, anything can happen.  When I originally booked my ticket, Covid hadn't happened yet you greasy piece of slimy detritus.  And do you think you are the 1st person ever to call me a dumb Polack?  Coming from a syphilitic, withered old man with a porous brain like you, it's like a little annoying gnat buzzing around, not much to be concerned about.  Are you going to start stalking me again?  Asshole. 

• Like 1
On 3/24/2021 at 12:13 PM, MisterMoon said:

You fellas can go on congratulating yourselves for your always dapper attire. I'm all about comfort and don't really care who is impressed by me when I go to the grocery store or a Civil War fort. 

I'm in shorts and birks most of the time these days. It it's cool, I'll throw on a fleece and <gasp!> pull on a pair of socks.  When it warms up later in the day, the socks come off and go in a pocket or backpack. 

Covid has stopped all business travel for me since last March. I used to fly every week. And even when I did, I dressed for comfort in jeans and an untucked polo, or trackpants and quarter zip athletic top on longer flights.  When I fly internationally, I exclusively wear athlesuire attire, even in business class. I want to sleep and wearing regular clothes is too uncomfortable.

I haven't worn a necktie since my stepfather's funeral three years ago. 

I have not had a haircut in 5 months and haven't shaved in three weeks. My wife kind of digs my feral look, and if she's happy, I'm happy! 

I'm clean and I don't wear anything inappropriate. If I'm on the boat out to Fort Sumter you'll probably see me in shorts, birks, and Braves baseball t-shirt like I'm wearing right now. (Although last time I was there, I was wearing a BSA scoutmaster uniform...)

Wow this sounds like a rant. It kind of is I suppose, but it's not intended to be mean. All I'm saying is maybe it's best to keep our judgements about other people to ourselves. 

Each to his own, but seriously "birks"? That's bad enough, but birks and socks? Turn in your man card.:P

12 minutes ago, Remodel said:

Each to his own, but seriously "birks"? That's bad enough, but birks and socks? Turn in your man card.:P

Was going to comment on this. I don’t mind Birks, just not my style.  But socks with any kind of sandal- hopeless.  

12 hours ago, Black Sox said:

The nurses were just chatting you up to make themselves feel less guilty about the naughty things they planned to do to you while you were asleep. Because, well, nurses.

:blink:

(Caveat: I’m married to one.)

Nurses in genera are a bit different, theatre nurses are a completely different breed. They are certainly not pc like Bobette expects them to be, but they surely are professional. I know a few and got on well with the ones ready to help me being sliced and diced. 

20 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Was going to comment on this. I don’t mind Birks, just not my style.  But socks with any kind of sandal- hopeless.  

Personally, I like wearing wool socks with sandals in the winter. Big, thick dark wool socks.

I don't think anyone really notices your feet unless you have them on the coffee table, or on the chair next to you at a  restaurant.

I've found myself wearing mismatched shoes several times.... That bothers me.

• Like 1

And how uncomfortable are your daily street/ go to work clothes that you feel the need to wear sweats, or pajamas in public when traveling?

Maybe you ought to invest is some slacks that are a few sizes larger in the waist area, and maybe a shirt or two that has a larger neck opening, and belly bulge pouch.

3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Wowe, thast a wholle bunche of assumptiones builted into that poeste...........              :)

Which post?

2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I'm usually a nice guy but if you want to keep being a dick, which you usually are here, bring it on. 

Crisco isn't a dick.

He's a cunt - there is a whole thread on the subject.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Wowe, thast a wholle bunche of assumptiones builted into that poeste...........              :)

Maybe, I just hope he wasn't joking about the belly pouch clothing. Get tired of sewing the buttons back on. :D

Woman in Witch's Hat Pole Dances Holding a Broomstick | Jukin Media Inc

Witch post.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thast licke an arsoniste sayeng he'lle reportte you to the Fire Police..............          :)

Or "I'm going to put you on ignore.........."

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, bmiller said:
46 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thast licke an arsoniste sayeng he'lle reportte you to the Fire Police..............          :)

Or "I'm going to put you on ignore.........."

Thet maide me laffe............  thack you               :)

1 hour ago, Gissie said:
1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

I am about to report you to the moderators 

Oh nooooo, not the moderators threat.

PICK ME... PICK ME!

• Like 1

May be an image of text that says '[Open box before eating pizza.] We're not going to make it, are we?'

• Like 4
On 3/26/2021 at 8:57 PM, SloopJonB said:

Probably not.

image.jpeg.c63e2ca96b8156ad881aefe8d817a852.jpeg

Sure.... But just not in the condition we'd hoped for.

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Hopefully they don't turn the child inside out before checking the rest of the label.

On 3/25/2021 at 6:42 PM, Shortforbob said:

Really?  I married a nurse and the conversations she has with her other female nurse friends would blow your mind.

The two of them made the materity ward nurse blush. 

1 hour ago, peragrin said:

Really?  I married a nurse and the conversations she has with her other female nurse friends would blow your mind.

Three's a good reason they put you under for surgery and it isn't just pain relief.  

Some of the conversations that happen in the OR...

One time we were trying to bag up a severely obese woman in the ER and every time we got a few handfuls of fat rolls into the bag, some others would squirt out elsewhere.  That was an interesting conversation as we struggled with her.

5 hours ago, peragrin said:

Just a little bit different than a nurse talking to a patient about other patients and describing them as whales floundering about on a table don't you think?

On 3/27/2021 at 11:37 PM, Mrleft8 said:

but if you leave the child in it, won't they shrink the same amount?

On 3/26/2021 at 1:18 PM, Ed Lada said:

You are funny Crisco.  August 2021 is several months from now, anything can happen.  When I originally booked my ticket, Covid hadn't happened yet you greasy piece of slimy detritus.  And do you think you are the 1st person ever to call me a dumb Polack?  Coming from a syphilitic, withered old man with a porous brain like you, it's like a little annoying gnat buzzing around, not much to be concerned about.  Are you going to start stalking me again?  Asshole. 

I think you forgot "progeny of a demented camel and a three-legged mangy goat".  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
On 3/26/2021 at 5:28 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Hese notte expo.............                   :)

wespy?

No, I thick I no that............                :)

1 minute ago, quod umbra said:
On 3/26/2021 at 5:28 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Hese notte expo.............                   :)

Are you sure? He seems licke a dick to me?

No, butte hese no expo..............        :)  

People wear jeans, not ‘dressy’ jeans to the symphony and (live) theater performances too. What happened to respect?  Musicians wear a tux, and the audience in jeans. So wrong.