Average Americans in Public???

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We all have our embarrassments....

I caught the tail end of the age when people used to dress to fly. Now it seems like a contest to see who can look the absolute shittiest. Unless I'm flying to the desert in the summer, I always

I agree. I am saddened there is no pride in people. The plane has turned into the bus.  My wife is always a little proud of me when we are across the pond and I am mistaken for a local. I was onc

Posted Images

On 3/26/2021 at 7:03 PM, Shortforbob said:

And I can eat as much cake, butter, cream and cheese as I choose and barely gain a kilo. That kilo I'll lose again in a week

Peoples metabolism is different. Middle age shifts women's weight to hips and belly. even I suffer from that (A little) and I've never had hips in my life :D

according to my GP it's almost impossible to shift it without strict dieting and serious exercise.

Of course if overweight people ate a carrot and a lettuce leaf twice a day, their weight would eventually drop.

It doesn't mean overweight people are overeaters. 

Just love all the dieticians on here.

My 56 year old GF dropped from 67kg to currently 59kg by changing her diet a little and increasing the amount she was walking. She's 152cm tall.

She, in her work role, has also managed to get people with severe intellectual disabilities to reduce their weight by altering their diet and food intake, all without any push-back from them.

It can be done. You have to want to do it. Not everyone, I'll grant you, but IMO the 'I can't' is mostly a way of saying 'I don't want to really'.

And yeah it does get harder as you get older, one reason why I cut out alcohol from my diet.

As for traveling, I wear comfortable clothing. I don't actually give a fuck about the opinions of strangers and if a bunch of them underestimate me, great.

FKT

• Like 1
On 3/26/2021 at 6:03 PM, Shortforbob said:

And I can eat as much cake, butter, cream and cheese as I choose and barely gain a kilo. That kilo I'll lose again in a week

Peoples metabolism is different. Middle age shifts women's weight to hips and belly. even I suffer from that (A little) and I've never had hips in my life :D

according to my GP it's almost impossible to shift it without strict dieting and serious exercise.

Of course if overweight people ate a carrot and a lettuce leaf twice a day, their weight would eventually drop.

It doesn't mean overweight people are overeaters. 

Just love all the dieticians on here.

Sorry Meli, but that's bullshit.

You can't ignore the laws of thermodynamics.  Everything you put in your mouth has consequences.

With very few exceptions it does mean that overweight people are over eaters.  They just binge when you aren't looking.

I just lost 5kgs by not putting so much shit in my pie hole. 

• Like 2

I’ve been eating less and actually exercising for a week now and 5 of my 10 lbs of Covid beer belly has already disappeared. I figure it will take 5 more weeks to get back to a flat stomach after that start.

Usually weigh 160 but after I got over Covid last year, my appetite increased and, of course, there wasn’t much to do for a while except drink beer. I have a lot of brightwork to attack this spring. and I can’t be hanging my udder too close to the wet coaming tops!

7 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

And yeah it does get harder as you get older, one reason why I cut out alcohol from my diet.

My big problem (especially during the warmer months) is keeping weight on so I'll buy beer when my weight drops too low.   A few nights of a couple of beers and corresponding snacks gets things back to normal.

1 hour ago, slap said:

My big problem (especially during the warmer months) is keeping weight on so I'll buy beer when my weight drops too low.   A few nights of a couple of beers and corresponding snacks gets things back to normal.

Lucky you.   The genetics fairy was kind to you.  Please go out and have 25 kids.  The planet will thank you.

I found that eliminating alcohol was the best and easiest play to make.  So many upsides, and so few down.

29 minutes ago, Windward said:

I found that eliminating alcohol was the best and easiest play to make.  So many upsides, and so few down.

You do realize that you are on a sailing site, right?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Windward said:

Lucky you.   The genetics fairy was kind to you.  Please go out and have 25 kids.  The planet will thank you.

No kind genetics fairy.   I exercise quite a bit, walk a lot, and watch what I eat.

The big problem with alcohol isn't so much the calories in the drink, it is the calories in the snacks you eat along with it.

• Like 1
On 3/30/2021 at 3:13 PM, On The Hard said:

I caught the tail end of the age when people used to dress to fly. Now it seems like a contest to see who can look the absolute shittiest.

Unless I'm flying to the desert in the summer, I always wear a blazer. When I'm on vacation and it's cool enough to justify a light coat or sweater, I just wear the blazer instead. People generally treat me well. I dress as a sign of respect to those that I'm going to encounter that day. People in the service industry seems to appreciate that. Dressing better than the occasion requires has never let me down. 

I, Like you caught the tail end and to this day, my mom, asks me if I need a new blazer every frigging Christmass...  LOL When I flew for business back in the day, my coworkers "So you went the blazer route hu??"