US Importers/Dealers and Cost of JPK 10.30??

Anyone have a read yet on how/where to purchase a JPK 10.30 In North America?  Can't find any info on that.  Any importers out there yet?

Also... after reading several publications/articles, can't get a straight story on the cost.  As of August 2019, Pip Hare's article in Yachting World said the price as tested was €205,000 ($242,607 on 24 March 21).  

A blog  Interesting sailboats comparing the J99 with the JPK 1030 written in January 2019 said, " Ready to sail, with electronics, european VAT, transport and sails.... it would cost 160 euros."  That would compute to $189,350 today.  Not sure how to delete VAT and add transport from France to East Coast of US. 

Both of those estimates seem low. 

Anyone our there recently ship a sailboat from Europe to the East Coast of the US?  I'm sure the logistics and cost would not be trivial. 

JPK is pretty quick to get back with their price sheet if you contact them directly. 

Expect $15-25K to ship it to the east coast

None of the small French builders have formal relationships with importers or dealers in the US. This definitely increases the challenge and takes a boat loan off the table. If you need financing you'll have to find another way most of the time (e.g., borrowing against home equity).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alberta said:

"None of the small French builders have formal relationships with importers or dealers in the US. This definitely increases the challenge and takes a boat loan off the table. If you need financing you'll have to find another way most of the time (e.g., borrowing against home equity)."

Hmmm... Looks like an opportunity for an enterprising individual in the USA to start up a JPK import dealership.  Wish I had the time, money, and guts to try something like that!

Thanks for your very helpful input, Alberta!

3 hours ago, Foxtrot Corpen said:

Anyone have a read yet on how/where to purchase a JPK 10.30 In North America?  Can't find any info on that.  Any importers out there yet?

Also... after reading several publications/articles, can't get a straight story on the cost.  As of August 2019, Pip Hare's article in Yachting World said the price as tested was €205,000 ($242,607 on 24 March 21).  

A blog  Interesting sailboats comparing the J99 with the JPK 1030 written in January 2019 said, " Ready to sail, with electronics, european VAT, transport and sails.... it would cost 160 euros."  That would compute to $189,350 today.  Not sure how to delete VAT and add transport from France to East Coast of US. 

Both of those estimates seem low. 

Anyone our there recently ship a sailboat from Europe to the East Coast of the US?  I'm sure the logistics and cost would not be trivial. 

Send an email to JPK  (jpk.composites@wanadoo.fr), you'll likely here directly from Jean-Pierre (the 'JP' in 'JPK') who can give you all the info you'll need.  Typically he responds within 24 hours or so unless he's really busy or out of town.  JPK doesn't use dealers, they only sell directly although just recently they've started a "JPK Pacific" relationship with boats being built and sold in Australia but that probably doesn't help us here in the U.S. too much.  

As of a year ago there were only two JPK's in all of North America, my 1080 in SF Bay and another 1080 in New York.  I could be wrong but as far as I know that's still the case but we'd sure love to have a few more on this side of the world.  Our North American JPK owners association meetings tend to be lightly attended so far, hoping we can change that soon! :D 

I can't say enough great things about my 1080; build quality, performance, everything is fantastic and the communication I've had with JPK has also been excellent.  As an owner if you have any questions about the boat, tuning, polars, etc. Jean Pierre will be the one you'll usually communicate with.  Feel free to PM me or ask in this thread if you have any other questions regarding JPK's I might be able to answer.

• Like 3